"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Also looks like Goku will just remain with his blue shirt, like in the fights vs Frieza and Buu.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Beautiful form, I hope we get a name soon in Heroes.
Remember what Toshio sam promised? xD

It's going to be a name beyond our imagination! Yahoo!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:36 pm

I involuntarily yelled out when seeing Goku's form. Didn't think it would be able to excite me like that.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 pm

The problem with the whole "Super Saiyan Genki Dama absorbed" theory is this:

If it is indeed true, than i can't see Vegeta obtaining this form aswell, unless he too, absorbs the Genki Dama, which to me, seems like a pretty unorthodox method. I just can't see them having Vegeta obtain it like that too, and i definitely wouldn't like this Form to be like that, it should be a True Saiyan transformation that belongs to their race, not something that happens by mere chance or accident, anyone feel me on this one?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:48 pm

I was here thinking with my buttons and I believe it would be better to see Goku using the Super Dragon Fist again than the Genkidama, also it would make more sense in the context of the tournament. I could already picture Goku using the technique with Super Shenron showing instead of Shenron (Z) or Red Shenron (GT) :D

DainIronfoot wrote:New NEP for the TV Special, it looks great!
Indeed. I noted that "Limit Breaker" pupils are similar to SSJ3 so that cat like eyes was just an impression lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 pm

Well this just made waiting for another week more harder...
Animation being amazing aside I insantly flipped when I saw Limit Break Goku with his gi ripped, my body is ready!

Look at the part after the genki dama Goku got engulfed by something bright with black lightning, either that was Jiren's attack or him in the middle of transforming.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Now all we need is a NAME!

Come on Toei! Reveal the name already! I guess Dragonball heroes will do it one of these days..

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Bullza wrote:
HeroR wrote:It really didn’t since Super was already popular. The Future Trunks Saga just made it more popular.
It was popular but the reception was pretty weak at the time. People weren't overly impressed with the Battle of Gods saga and probably a lot of people would say the Resurrection F saga was the worst saga they've done outside of GT.

The Universe 6 saga had a better reception but it wasn't exactly great.

It was only starting with the Future Trunks saga did it start to turn around quite a lot. The rating on Myanimelist which has been constantly decreasing, began to do the reverse once that sagas started.

It was exactly what the show needed at the time.
Always being in the top 10 with being #9 at its lowest isn't 'pretty week'. Even then, the Champa Saga range was no different than the Universe Survival Saga in the ratings and it 'not being that great' if your mean quality-wise is opinion.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:19 pm

From left -> right: Base, Powered Up, Beyond Maximum.

They are teasing a blue-ish electrified aura to his Mystic form, whereas he's normally just had a sharp white aura.
Didnt Gohan say in episode 90 that he wants to go beyond Ultimate or something like that?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:26 pm

perucho1990 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

They are teasing a blue-ish electrified aura to his Mystic form, whereas he's normally just had a sharp white aura.
Didnt Gohan say in episode 90 that he wants to go beyond Ultimate or something like that?
Where did you pick up that quote?

These are Dokkan Battle cards, and these are all just Ultimate Gohan from the Buu saga. I don't think it's hinting at anything. Unless I missed any recent news.

But yes, Gohan did say he wanted a new Ultimate form that he was going to work for.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:47 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Image

Wow. Interesting. They are definitely teasing something. Just look at the way Gohan's arms and fists are drawn here, so huge. However, they're all Ultimate. Left included. Super has made it pretty clear that whenever Gohan goes Ultimate, he gains a Bang. They didn't always do that before or weren't as consistent with it as now.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 am

perucho1990 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Those first two Ultimate Gohan cards are old. They came out in April or May of 2016, well before the US arc was announced. I think the lightning is a stylistic thing to look cool. They also gave it to the new Android 17 card that just came out.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:23 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Those first two Ultimate Gohan cards are old. They came out in April or May of 2016, well before the US arc was announced. I think the lightning is a stylistic thing to look cool. They also gave it to the new Android 17 card that just came out.
But the theory could still be valid, they gave Trunks a no named transformation with SSJ-God like aura, they could do the same with Gohan, 'Mystic' but with a godly aura. It would be lame, but I'm sure many would love
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:33 am

Having just seen the One Piece double episode (which was story-boarded incredibly well!); I hope Super's double episode isn't that full of reused flashbacks from earlier in the series. Yikes.

I mean with One Piece it makes sense; that many flashbacks do double-duty by being both a time-saver for the main duel and by tugging at viewers emotionally, but this tournament arc of Super has nothing that can compare to Sanji vs Luffy on that emotional level.

And then there's my vague hope that One Piece's special being so full of already-animated flashbacks means that Super's got some extra help on its special instead; but then, I feel like OP's special was the original plan and Super got one by proxy, so...I don't know.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:44 am

Preview looks great.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:17 am

That new form looks so fierce. I love it.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:23 am

DainIronfoot wrote:New NEP for the special, looks great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oig-T3Z ... e=youtu.be
No cat eyes. Just like I thought. Glad that gets put to bed.

Now we just need a name. I wonder if Toriyama came up with a name that doesn't use "Super Saiyan" in it... that'd be pretty unique, but anything can happen. Was pretty sure they were running out of names after "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:29 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Was pretty sure they were running out of names after "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" :lol:
You mean "Super Saiyan Blue", right? :wink:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:39 am

No slit pupils :( The form loses roughly 25% od its appeal to me. Other than that, NEP looks great, and I think the animation will be great too. Hopefully they'll keep it up for the entirety of the special. A bit surprised they didn't show a quick frame or two of the other character; maybe this means both episodes are almost exclusively Goku vs Jiren.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:25 am

Michsi wrote:No slit pupils :( The form loses roughly 25% od its appeal to me. Other than that, NEP looks great, and I think the animation will be great too. Hopefully they'll keep it up for the entirety of the special. A bit surprised they didn't show a quick frame or two of the other character; maybe this means both episodes are almost exclusively Goku vs Jiren.
There were never slit pupils in the first place. That was the drawn white reflection in the eyes just giving the pupils a thinner look.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"