"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 pm

I'd be fine with Buu arc Vegeta's outfit and Gokû's EoZ dougi. Almost anything but the stale outfits they're wearing now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Jigurashi wrote:The RoF outfits are ok, but I don't miss them at all. I do wish Vegeta would use his Boo Saga outfit more and that Goku would use his EoZ gi more.
Just a FYI, Vegeta wore that outfit in the Buu Saga since he wasn’t allowed to wear armor to the tourument.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:54 pm

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
I don't know what I'm arguing anymore. Everything you mention I already knew before. Only thing you didn't say was that Vegeta changed battle outfits noticeably each arc.

I guess my point is I'm bored of seeing Vegeta's Cell arc outfit and bored of seeing Gokû's generic dougi and wish they'd get something new to wear.
The point I was trying to make while Vegeta may have changed armors, Goku’s gi doesn’t change outside of the symbol until EOZ. So Goku’s gi didn’t really change in every saga. The Buu Saga was when several characters finally changed their outfits.
Not counting the symbol, Gokû's dougi sash changes from a tie to a cumberbund at some point (Cell arc?) but that's splitting hairs.

I'd just like to see some new outfits on them. Or EoZ ones.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
I don't know what I'm arguing anymore. Everything you mention I already knew before. Only thing you didn't say was that Vegeta changed battle outfits noticeably each arc.

I guess my point is I'm bored of seeing Vegeta's Cell arc outfit and bored of seeing Gokû's generic dougi and wish they'd get something new to wear.
The point I was trying to make while Vegeta may have changed armors, Goku’s gi doesn’t change outside of the symbol until EOZ. So Goku’s gi didn’t really change in every saga. The Buu Saga was when several characters finally changed their outfits.
Not counting the symbol, Gokû's dougi sash changes from a tie to a cumberbund at some point (Cell arc?) but that's splitting hairs.

I'd just like to see some new outfits on them. Or EoZ ones.
I too would like to see Vegeta fight in the Tournament of Power in his EoZ gear;

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:25 pm

I'd love to see Vegeta's Buu outfit again that was my favorite.

I also wonder why they retired the Gray armour so quickly. Was it not popular or something? At least it was different. Same with Goku's Gi.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:16 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
HeroR wrote: It is called a transformation in the teaser and by the writer on Twitter.
Ah I'm going with what the poster said from way back, the "kami no miwaza" term where "waza = technique"
It's literally called a new transformation on numerous different sources. They can't possibly make it any clearer than that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:27 pm

shadowmaria wrote: I too would like to see Vegeta fight in the Tournament of Power in his EoZ gear;

EoZ outfit Vegeta's so good! I wish he would wear that at some point in Super.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Bulma's EOZ design makes her look like an old hag. Most likely she'll keep her Super design when they get to or remake those last 3 episodes and continue from them.

Nobody wants to see, "Granny Bulma."

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:49 pm

If anyone needs a new appearance it's Piccolo. He's looked the exact same for 30 years.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Chuquita wrote:
shadowmaria wrote: I too would like to see Vegeta fight in the Tournament of Power in his EoZ gear;

EoZ outfit Vegeta's so good! I wish he would wear that at some point in Super.
Hell, in the manga, he wore his GT outfit :lol: 8)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:19 pm

I don't get it. Goku nowadays freely uses his kaioken, almost like an additional transformation. However, he never ONCE used it against Black. I recall him using it against Merged Zamasu in a quick burst, which makes sense, given the risk of utilizing it that was mentioned right before that arc. Now, it seems they completely retconned this for the sake of having it on screen a lot.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:37 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I don't get it. Goku nowadays freely uses his kaioken, almost like an additional transformation. However, he never ONCE used it against Black. I recall him using it against Merged Zamasu in a quick burst, which makes sense, given the risk of utilizing it that was mentioned right before that arc. Now, it seems they completely retconned this for the sake of having it on screen a lot.
Well its been some time since then. Even if his fighting sense has gotten rusty with no new people to fight befor the ToP, nothing was stopping him from trying to master it further. From the way Goku talked about it he'd only resuntly begun working on his Blue/KK combo to use on Beerus, thats why its success rate was so low and it was only after extended use of kkx10 that the ill effects started to kick in.

As far as we know he's only ever busted out the basic x2 in this arc, which should be far more stable. If he's continued perfecting it since his fight with Zamasu, then in time SSBKKx2 should become much easier to pull of, just as Base/KK got easier control during his trip to namek. By extenstion his control of SSBKKx10 has likely imporved to.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Bullza wrote:If anyone needs a new appearance it's Piccolo. He's looked the exact same for 30 years.
Well then you should definitely need to watch Anime War. You'd love it.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I don't get it. Goku nowadays freely uses his kaioken, almost like an additional transformation. However, he never ONCE used it against Black. I recall him using it against Merged Zamasu in a quick burst, which makes sense, given the risk of utilizing it that was mentioned right before that arc. Now, it seems they completely retconned this for the sake of having it on screen a lot.
He said he'd need to spend more time working on SSBKK after his fight with Hit. Not enough time had passed by time Black came around. Enough time passed by time the ToP did.

It seems really simple and straightforward to me. For the most part, it seems as though it's those who desperately wanted him to never use SSBKK again who say it doesn't make sense. The same ones selectively quoting King Kai.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:30 pm

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Compared to the current crop of garbage we are getting these are godly. Characters actually look like themselves and drawn nicely and these pieces have some actual atmosphere to them.

Compare to this piece of hot garbage for eg what even is that SS4?:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like that picture. I’ll take more of that garbage.
Got to agree. The ss4 is the only had one.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 pm

Chuquita wrote:I love their RF outfits.

It isn't known why they got dropped as far as I know.

My guess is someone high up is blinded by "nostalgia".

I wish they'd have new outfits. Help give Super its own identity.
I think it has to do with the cases of fusion and battle damage. You can’t do much damage to gokus rof outfit without blowing his top off. Especially manga wise

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Xeztin wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I love their RF outfits.

It isn't known why they got dropped as far as I know.

My guess is someone high up is blinded by "nostalgia".

I wish they'd have new outfits. Help give Super its own identity.
I think it has to do with the cases of fusion and battle damage. You can’t do much damage to gokus rof outfit without blowing his top off. Especially manga wise
Probably. Toriyama not wanting to be bothered with designing a new outfit for Vegetto sounds about right.

I mean, Vegetto has DBHeroes exclusive outfit (along with Goku and Vegeta) but my guess has always been that Toriyama has 0 input into DBHeroes.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:56 pm

Xeztin wrote:
If that was the case, they would be no point of them keeping their old outfits for this saga. And this theory never made much sense since the outfits they're wearing aren't even the same as their Buu Saga outfits, especially Vegeta.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Now this is what you call good promotional art!!
[spoiler]Image
Source[/spoiler]
That looks absolutely horrendous. If that's your idea of "good art" than i am at a loss for words.
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. This is some of the best modern Dragon Ball art I've ever seen...calling it "horrendous" is just wrong. Not your style? Fine. Horrendous? Not even close.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Now this is what you call good promotional art!!
[spoiler]Image
Source[/spoiler]
Is that official? It looks so much like those...I forgot his DA username SalvorMakado (???) DBS in Z style art. I like it a lot, not because it looks like Z, but it looks so organic.