"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:08 am

Kinokima wrote:
TheMikado wrote: No they aren't surpassing Beerus fast enough especially when Rageta made Beerus use 10% of Beerus power...
The longer this goes on the more apparent no one gave two $h*ts at all about the show, planning, or putting together a consistent and coherent story.
We have SSBxKKx20 about to go up against a mortal and LOSE. Yet we're supposed to believe SSG was such hot $h*t to Beerus that he literally lost sleep over it, but Rageta still somehow made him use 10% of his power.
The sooner this moving Beerus goal post is overtaken the better.

If Beerus was at full power he could still beat SSG. He was just excited to use some of his power. So no I don't think Goku should already be surpassing Beerus. There comes a point when the characters are already way to powerful then what?

Of course unfortunately we already crossed that bridge a long time ago that is why power levels are so inconsistent now and why in truth I could care less about them or who is stronger than who any more. There is no emotion or meaning behind it any more. I would just like the characters to struggle a bit more.
The problem is we get situation where we KNOW characters shouldn't be struggling and we just start scratching our head on what was the point?

So Beerus is likely stronger than SSBxKKx20 but used 10% power against Rageta? This, if taking in earnest without our own theories means that both SSB and certainly SSG are far weaker than Beerus and the only time through the entire series where Beerus used the most power against anyone would be against Rageta. So why has Beerus been excited for any of those other fights or prolonged others if Rageta was the strongest opponent he's ever faced in the entirety of Super????

Why show Goku struggle against Roshi, or struggle against Krillin? The "struggle" aspect wasn't necessary if these characters are using so little power and putting in so little effort.

Anyway to tie this back to the topic at hand, Goku having the ability to go SSBxKKx20 and still not surpass Beerus makes the entire fight from BoGs look like complete BS. Especially when taken context with 10% Rageta. I am not saying whether Goku will now surpass Beerus or not, but if he is still far below Beerus as SSBxKKx20 I'm not sure what we as the audience are supposed to think.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am

TheMikado wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
TheMikado wrote: No they aren't surpassing Beerus fast enough especially when Rageta made Beerus use 10% of Beerus power...
The longer this goes on the more apparent no one gave two $h*ts at all about the show, planning, or putting together a consistent and coherent story.
We have SSBxKKx20 about to go up against a mortal and LOSE. Yet we're supposed to believe SSG was such hot $h*t to Beerus that he literally lost sleep over it, but Rageta still somehow made him use 10% of his power.
The sooner this moving Beerus goal post is overtaken the better.

If Beerus was at full power he could still beat SSG. He was just excited to use some of his power. So no I don't think Goku should already be surpassing Beerus. There comes a point when the characters are already way to powerful then what?

Of course unfortunately we already crossed that bridge a long time ago that is why power levels are so inconsistent now and why in truth I could care less about them or who is stronger than who any more. There is no emotion or meaning behind it any more. I would just like the characters to struggle a bit more.
The problem is we get situation where we KNOW characters shouldn't be struggling and we just start scratching our head on what was the point?

So Beerus is likely stronger than SSBxKKx20 but used 10% power against Rageta? This, if taking in earnest without our own theories means that both SSB and certainly SSG are far weaker than Beerus and the only time through the entire series where Beerus used the most power against anyone would be against Rageta. So why has Beerus been excited for any of those other fights or prolonged others if Rageta was the strongest opponent he's ever faced in the entirety of Super????

Why show Goku struggle against Roshi, or struggle against Krillin? The "struggle" aspect wasn't necessary if these characters are using so little power and putting in so little effort.

Anyway to tie this back to the topic at hand, Goku having the ability to go SSBxKKx20 and still not surpass Beerus makes the entire fight from BoGs look like complete BS. Especially when taken context with 10% Rageta. I am not saying whether Goku will now surpass Beerus or not, but if he is still far below Beerus as SSBxKKx20 I'm not sure what we as the audience are supposed to think.
Beerus also said he used 100 percent against Goku. Beerus is a liar. I doubt rageta made him use 10.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:25 am

HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Dude... come on.. are you for real? Have you seen his Aura? His eyes? Everything! If this is not a God Form, than i will eat my shorts!
An aura or look doesn't equal god ki. People thought Golden Freeza was a god form because of its aura and how it looks, but it isn't. Even the previews more or less said that the ki coming from Goku is different.
This is different HeroR. Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Your points make no sense at all and you know it. I've made several mentions of it before, but i figure i should do it again because of it's apparent neccesity, this Form has all the attributes of a God.

This Form has:
1. It heavily resembles Goku's Base Form.
2. It has gained Goku actual irises! (What's more, they're silver!)
3. His aura has the same light balls/bubbles as SSJ God had (which was a God). Also, it has many more different colors, it even resembles Beerus' Aura a bit, and it just looks godly!

No.. This is a God Form my friend. 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt. There's no room for debate or argument here.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:30 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: This is different HeroR. Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Your points make no sense at all and you know it. I've made several mentions of it before, but i figure i should do it again because of it's apparent neccesity, this Form has all the attributes of a God.

This Form has:
1. It heavily resembles Goku's Base Form.
2. It has gained Goku actual irises! (What's more, they're silver!)
3. His aura has the same light balls/bubbles as SSJ God had (which was a God). Also, it has many more different colors, it even resembles Beerus' Aura a bit, and it just looks godly!

No.. This is a God Form my friend. 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt. There's no room for debate or argument here.
Considering that the episode has yet to air, there is plenty of room for debate and argument because nothing is set in stone.

1. Nothing has ever stated that resembling base form means God hood.
2. Same for the eyes.
3. Basils aura has the same aura that looks like SSJ god. Doesn't mean basils a god. It's just aura.

Not that I'm saying it's not a god form or anything, I don't really care at the moment, but lets not bank everything on an assumption because it would be silly to rage if someones assumption didn't turn out to be fact.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7760
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: This is different HeroR. Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Your points make no sense at all and you know it. I've made several mentions of it before, but i figure i should do it again because of it's apparent neccesity, this Form has all the attributes of a God.

This Form has:
1. It heavily resembles Goku's Base Form.
2. It has gained Goku actual irises! (What's more, they're silver!)
3. His aura has the same light balls/bubbles as SSJ God had (which was a God). Also, it has many more different colors, it even resembles Beerus' Aura a bit, and it just looks godly!

No.. This is a God Form my friend. 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt. There's no room for debate or argument here.
"Your points make no sense at all and you know it"

Well, isn't that arrogance of you to assume.

The only real similarities it has to base form Goku is that his hair stays black and even that is changed since it has silver/blue highlights. And does that even equal god form anyway since Blue is Super Saiyan and it has god ki. So I don't even get his logic.

So? How does that equal a god form? Super Saiyan 3 does the same thing and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan also does't give Goku's irises and it is a god form.

Again, aura doesn't equal god ki. Golden Freeza has a similar flaming aura and it isn't god ki.

Sorry, there is room for debate since the previews themselves said that Goku erupts with a different type of ki. You putting your assumptions and stating them as fact is a really tiresome habit of yours.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:40 am

Safe to assume that Jiren used the "moving your body without thought" method here?
https://webmshare.com/play/XyBGy

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:44 am

TheMikado wrote: The problem is we get situation where we KNOW characters shouldn't be struggling and we just start scratching our head on what was the point?

So Beerus is likely stronger than SSBxKKx20 but used 10% power against Rageta? This, if taking in earnest without our own theories means that both SSB and certainly SSG are far weaker than Beerus and the only time through the entire series where Beerus used the most power against anyone would be against Rageta. So why has Beerus been excited for any of those other fights or prolonged others if Rageta was the strongest opponent he's ever faced in the entirety of Super????

Why show Goku struggle against Roshi, or struggle against Krillin? The "struggle" aspect wasn't necessary if these characters are using so little power and putting in so little effort.

Anyway to tie this back to the topic at hand, Goku having the ability to go SSBxKKx20 and still not surpass Beerus makes the entire fight from BoGs look like complete BS. Especially when taken context with 10% Rageta. I am not saying whether Goku will now surpass Beerus or not, but if he is still far below Beerus as SSBxKKx20 I'm not sure what we as the audience are supposed to think.
Goku wasn't truly struggling against Roshi or Kuririn. If he wanted to beat them of course he could. A simple explanation is even if Goku is saying he is giving his all then he's obviously not. That's common sense.

Beerus is also far far far removed from Roshi or Kuririn so I am not sure where the comparison is here.

But really until the episode airs I guess I will just have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:50 am

But who say that Goku completely mastered this ability right now? :|

Anyway, if new form=moving without thinking, i don't know why these two thing should be related, but oh well.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6027
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 am

HeroR wrote:
"Your points make no sense at all and you know it"

Well, isn't that arrogance of you to assume.
Hero, you're on the internet. must you really be so naive? :D
You see, people can't just be wrong out of misunderstanding something or just plain making a mistake; no, no, you have to just not be able to admit you're wrong for one immoral reason or another.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:00 pm

So Goku's transformation will either have:
a) An insert song... Please please please.
b) Silence to make it more "atmospheric" like Vegeta going SSGSS and beating Freeza in Resurrection "F'' movie.
c) Sumitomo turning his godly chants up to 100.
Legion wrote:But who say that Goku completely mastered this ability right now? :|

Anyway, if new form=moving without thinking, i don't know why these two thing should be related, but oh well.
I think it is just a byproduct of the form, this form allows to move without thinking as opposed the other way around which is why I am confused that people now have dropped idea of it being the result of the Spirit Bomb. This information doesn't really disprove that. And of course there still isn't an actual source yet so we'll find out tomorrow for sure when the WSJ preview drops.

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Beerus's nebulous level of strength is holding back this show; sooner he's surpassed the better.
Not really. I don't understand why you guys insist with this nonsense :lol:

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kishido » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:06 pm

I'll be honest... Jiren is hype and Goku's new form as well...

But I'm more interest int he mortal who is stronger than a GoD out of U4 and if it is one of the bugs...

I bet they have some hax as fuck ability and maybe only Goku can beat them with this new autopilot form

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:06 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Safe to assume that Jiren used the "moving your body without thought" method here?
https://webmshare.com/play/XyBGy
Maybe but I'm sure Whis will tell us if Jiren uses it or not juring their match. If he dose its confermastion that its not an ability unique to Whis and his studants. On the flip side since the anime is making a big deal about Goku using it it may not be. We'll find out soon enough.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote:
"Your points make no sense at all and you know it"

Well, isn't that arrogance of you to assume.
Hero, you're on the internet. must you really be so naive? :D
You see, people can't just be wrong out of misunderstanding something or just plain making a mistake; no, no, you have to just not be able to admit you're wrong for one immoral reason or another.
You make it sound so dirty...
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So Goku's transformation will either have:
a) An insert song... Please please please.
b) Silence to make it more "atmospheric" like Vegeta going SSGSS and beating Freeza in Resurrection "F'' movie.
c) Sumitomo turning his godly chants up to 100.
if possible I want "desperate Assault (same theme when Goku went SSJ against Freeza on the RF special)" or the new ED without the vocal, would be so lit!

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 pm

kinisking wrote: Beerus also said he used 100 percent against Goku. Beerus is a liar. I doubt rageta made him use 10.
I'm not disagreeing with this are all be then it comes back to this:
This, if taking in earnest without our own theories
While we certainly know Beerus does lie, we have no reason to believe he was lying about this. Every instance we see of Beerus lying is explained as such in universe. That doesn't give us a license to take every statement Beerus makes and say he's lying. I would certainly say what he says is less trustworthy, but the idea that Beerus was lying about using 10% of his power is a fan-made idea and concept on this particular statement. It has no basis for support other than Beerus has lied about other things and it doesn't fit what WE as the audience want to believe. Should we also assume Beerus lied about every single other thing he has ever said? Basically we are resorting to fan made head canon to rectify something that was poorly planned and implemented.
Kinokima wrote:
TheMikado wrote: The problem is we get situation where we KNOW characters shouldn't be struggling and we just start scratching our head on what was the point?

So Beerus is likely stronger than SSBxKKx20 but used 10% power against Rageta? This, if taking in earnest without our own theories means that both SSB and certainly SSG are far weaker than Beerus and the only time through the entire series where Beerus used the most power against anyone would be against Rageta. So why has Beerus been excited for any of those other fights or prolonged others if Rageta was the strongest opponent he's ever faced in the entirety of Super????

Why show Goku struggle against Roshi, or struggle against Krillin? The "struggle" aspect wasn't necessary if these characters are using so little power and putting in so little effort.

Anyway to tie this back to the topic at hand, Goku having the ability to go SSBxKKx20 and still not surpass Beerus makes the entire fight from BoGs look like complete BS. Especially when taken context with 10% Rageta. I am not saying whether Goku will now surpass Beerus or not, but if he is still far below Beerus as SSBxKKx20 I'm not sure what we as the audience are supposed to think.
Goku wasn't truly struggling against Roshi or Kuririn. If he wanted to beat them of course he could. A simple explanation is even if Goku is saying he is giving his all then he's obviously not. That's common sense.

Beerus is also far far far removed from Roshi or Kuririn so I am not sure where the comparison is here.

But really until the episode airs I guess I will just have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Except it's not. Basically you are using the same argument as above. We can never believe Goku is going all out because he's lying, same as Beerus. So now when is he ever really struggling or giving his all? It's a ridiculous conundrum. Two of the strongest characters in the series cannot be trusted when they say they are giving their all so we don't know if they are playing around or being serious because it looks exactly the same and there's no IN-UNIVERSE exposition to tell us whether we should believe them this time or now.

I'm not sure why it's difficult to see how bonkers and poorly written that is. Now we are adding another ultra powerful character, who hopefully will not be subject to the same shenanigans...

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Legion wrote:
Beerus's nebulous level of strength is holding back this show; sooner he's surpassed the better.
Not really. I don't understand why you guys insist with this nonsense :lol:
Because the higher we go with Beerus, the less sense BoGs makes.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Figured Goku wouldn't be knocked out (of the ring)
He could later on. I'm going to guess that Jiren is probably going to knock out both Goku and Hit later on.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Legion wrote:
Beerus's nebulous level of strength is holding back this show; sooner he's surpassed the better.
Not really. I don't understand why you guys insist with this nonsense :lol:
Because the higher we go with Beerus, the less sense BoGs makes.
Come on dude, this again? we know that is just a retcon, like many other things in super.

If Goku become the stronger in the universe or even angel level right now, it's not a good thing for the plot :)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7760
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Legion wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Legion wrote: Not really. I don't understand why you guys insist with this nonsense :lol:
Because the higher we go with Beerus, the less sense BoGs makes.
Come on dude, this again? we know that is just a retcon, like many other things in super.

If Goku become the stronger in the universe or even angel level right now, it's not a good thing for the plot :)
Him surpassing Beerus doesn't mean he's as strong as an angel. Beerus hasn't been the top dog in years, so it really doesn't make sense to always have Goku behind him under some some 'where would plot go' staple.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Just throwing this out there.

In the manga Belmod is thinking of retireing from being a GoD, well when he dose I assume he'd be a plan old mortal again. He'd likely still be powerful but just have his god ki and haki taken away. So what I was thinking was......

Could Jiren be his predecessor?

Post Reply