"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I guess this months Vjump will probably have Toriyama's design of UI Goku? Seems the most logical thing they could do.
I hope so, throw Jiren in there as will if Toriyama designed him.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:The news of the "New Warriors joining the fray"...., thing is that the outline seems to be of a female character.

Episode 114 will spoil us of that unknown warrior.
Question about that, how can a fighter just join in?
That`s the dolar bill question. Can outsiders still join the TOP? Under what estipulation?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:The news of the "New Warriors joining the fray"...., thing is that the outline seems to be of a female character.

As long as that warrior knocks out Caulifla and Kale then all will be good in the tournament.
Episode 114 title is "Explosive birth of new Super Warrior!!" which implies that warrior is already there. Since Kale and Caulifla are fighting Goku, one of them will probably unlock her Ultra Instinct too...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:15 am

RedHeat wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

As long as that warrior knocks out Caulifla and Kale then all will be good in the tournament.
inb4 you hate her as well
Only if she's a terrible character like the latter two are.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:19 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
You can add Ribrianne to that bunch and then I would have a new favorite character in this arc :)
FortuneSSJ wrote:Episode 114 title is "Explosive birth of new Super Warrior!!" which implies that warrior is already there. Since Kale and Caulifla are fighting Goku, one of them will probably unlock her Ultra Instinct too...
Don't ruin the series, mate :|
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Episode 114 title is "Explosive birth of new Super Warrior!!" which implies that warrior is already there. Since Kale and Caulifla are fighting Goku, one of them will probably unlock her Ultra Instinct too...
Ewww hell no!
way to early and straight bad writing for that shit to happen :thumbdown:

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:22 am

The language for 114 (birth of a new super warrior) seems to imply there's going to be a fusion of some sort. Between Caulifla/Kale? Or the two Namekians? Or the Universe 4 bugs perhaps?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:28 am

pacz360 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ewww hell no!
way to early and straight bad writing for that shit to happen :thumbdown:
Can we stop using 'bad writing' as short hand for 'plot points I don't like'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:34 am

Analytical Delusion wrote:The language for 114 (birth of a new super warrior) seems to imply there's going to be a fusion of some sort. Between Caulifla/Kale? Or the two Namekians? Or the Universe 4 bugs perhaps?
The title uses '爆誕' or 'explosive birth' which was also used in the title of 64 "Revere Him! Praise Him! Fusion Zamasu's Explosive Birth!!" I'd wager it's hype language to make things seem more exciting. A fusion of Caulifla and Kale would be amusing to see what they transform into, but unless Goku stops to teach them how to do the dance (not the weirdest thing he's done) I'm not sure how they'd manage it.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:38 am

Doesn't a bell start ringing to anyone yet? I'm very surprised, because to me it's obvious who this unknown warrior is..

[spoiler]Probably the transformed state of U4 bug Damon, or his brother.[/spoiler]

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not sure how I would feel about that. On one hand, it would be fantastic to see someone put Zeno in his place. But on the other hand, how many more echelons of deities does this franchise really need?
They wouldn't really be part of the franchise; just an ending gag.

The hierarchy is already so ridiculous you might as well go all the way. Like even the gods probably don't know how far up things go.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Episode 114 title is "Explosive birth of new Super Warrior!!" which implies that warrior is already there. Since Kale and Caulifla are fighting Goku, one of them will probably unlock her Ultra Instinct too...
Don't say that, don't even think it!
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:36 am

As me and my friend were discussing the latest episode special, we also talked about what could Jiren's weakness possibly be/what may cause him to be eliminated (if he is). There's one thing my friend brought up that he can't explain why, but it's just his feeling. He thinks Jiren's weakness is his eyes lol. Idk what he means by it, but he told me he thinks the eyes are his weak spot if hit/damaged. I thought it was a joke at first, but find it quite interesting actually. Though i personally think if he is rung out, it'll be because of losing stamina eventually.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:13 am

Analytical Delusion wrote:The language for 114 (birth of a new super warrior) seems to imply there's going to be a fusion of some sort. Between Caulifla/Kale? Or the two Namekians? Or the Universe 4 bugs perhaps?
We are not going to get a fusion between the Namekians or Bugs when we have not even seen them yet. Caulifla and Kale probably don't even know how to fuse either.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:26 am

Am I the only one scared and excited at the same time for Ep 114? excited since its the first time Yuya Takahashi's the animation supervisor but damn fucking scared that they may wank the ever living hell out of Female Broly again at the expense of making Goku the ragdoll Loki version AGAIN!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:44 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Am I the only one scared and excited at the same time for Ep 114? excited since its the first time Yuya Takahashi's the animation supervisor but damn fucking scared that they may wank the ever living hell out of Female Broly again at the expense of making Goku the ragdoll Loki version AGAIN!
Had to look up the name, since I don't really know each director/animator, and the examples I've seen are pretty impressive. Hope the actual episode looks that nice.
As for the Kale favoritism, she is a big focus of the TOP after all, so I'd assume they'll give her scenes an extra pinch of care. Doubt she'll be wiping the floor with Goku again though. And given that he barely looked winded after his last bout with her, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 am

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that episode 113 or 114 is gonna have Caulifla or Kale transform. The show has a habit of always giving one or both of them a new form anytime they have significant presence in an episode, it's sort of been an ongoing thing and expect it to continue in those episodes.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:37 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Am I the only one scared and excited at the same time for Ep 114? excited since its the first time Yuya Takahashi's the animation supervisor but damn fucking scared that they may wank the ever living hell out of Female Broly again at the expense of making Goku the ragdoll Loki version AGAIN!
It was done the first time for effect and to be a homage to the Broly's movies. Here, Goku is weakened so her beating the shit out of him wouldn't make sense from a narrative perspective even if she gets a new form because she's beating up a Goku who can't even go Super Saiyan. It would be liking trying to wank Perfect Cell by having him beat up heart virus Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:12 am

I think the title is referring to Goku unlocking UI again. I doubt they'd give Takahashi a dud Kale episode since last time they gave it to Yashima, plus the summary talks about Kale going beserk and ends with a "but..." And I think during this fight Goku regains his stamina back and finds he can unlock UI again and proceeds to mop Kale.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:16 am

I just that if the new character is female it isn't kale.I can live without another saiyan power up.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball