"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 am

Could they even announce a movie for 2018 so late this year? I mean, working on a movie takes more than a couple of months doesn't it, and they usually make it public before.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:14 am

Why do so many people want to see some Planet Salad adventure movie? :roll:

We haven't seen or been told anything interesting or unique about their planet, and the U6 Saiyans aren't compelling enough on their own to warrant a whole movie. It would have to be carried by everyone from U7.

So many other ambitious ideas with the universe concepts than just settling for a watered down U7.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:16 am

Considering how much of a trainwreck all 3 universe 6 Saiyan's are, i'd rather not have a movie that focuses on them. Also from what we've been shown and told about them, honestly it just isn't very interesting. Perhaps if they have Kale destroy the south galaxy, that might be interesting :think:
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 am

Gotta say, that scene in epsidoe 111 where we see all three of them charging made me even more aware of how much like 12-year olds they all look. It made me really miss how saiyans were designed in the past - Radditz, Paragus, Celipa.... I don't mind having some on the scrawnier side, but all three?

If we do ever get to see Sadal, I hope there will be some variety to saiyan body types.

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:35 am

A movie where Universe 7 work with Universe 6 to get rid of the main threat the Sadal force is after. They could travel Universe 6 and go to Sadal, Namek, Earth, Magetta's home world and maybe we could find out where Hit and Frost are from.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 am

Michsi wrote:Gotta say, that scene in epsidoe 111 where we see all three of them charging made me even more aware of how much like 12-year olds they all look. It made me really miss how saiyans were designed in the past - Radditz, Paragus, Celipa.... I don't mind having some on the scrawnier side, but all three?

If we do ever get to see Sadal, I hope there will be some variety to saiyan body types.
I think the big muscled Saiyan trope got really tired in Z after a while, I actually like the scrawnier designs as they are still young and two of them are females(plus technically Kale does count as an old school Saiyan when she transforms) ,though judging by Caulifila's older brother and the other Saiyan punks I don't think we've seen the last of the brawnier sayians yet as they certainly do exist on Sadal.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 am

Kanassa wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm sure it's just a design mishap that I'm misinterpreting, but how low that gloved Namekian's briefs fall...Universe 6 namekians don't reproduce asexually? :shock:
Maybe Universe 6 Namekian's evolved to be.. Breeders ;D

Now all I can think of is Lord Slug's introduction in Xenoverse 2, where i's a panning shot that starts with the large bulge in his tights
Namekians can reproduce both sexually and asexually according to toriyama.Look up the interview yourself.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:35 am

Michsi wrote:Gotta say, that scene in epsidoe 111 where we see all three of them charging made me even more aware of how much like 12-year olds they all look. It made me really miss how saiyans were designed in the past - Radditz, Paragus, Celipa.... I don't mind having some on the scrawnier side, but all three?

We actually come across a Saiyan with a standard body type in Universe 6, in the form of Renso*:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
*A Saiyan Cabba met with to discuss the possibility of joining Team Universe 6 for the Tournament Of Power. Champa had put Cabba in charge of recruiting more fighters.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 am

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:

I think the big muscled Saiyan trope got really tired in Z after a while, I actually like the scrawnier designs as they are still young and two of them are females(plus technically Kale does count as an old school Saiyan when she transforms) ,though judging by Caulifila's older brother and the other Saiyan punks I don't think we've seen the last of the brawnier sayians yet as they certainly do exist on Sadal.
I guess it depends on individual tastes, I'm not a big fan of Nappa's design for instance either - but I was especially annoyed with the tiny, skinny female design. Toriyama used to draw them taller and stockier in a way (Think Chichi in the 23rd TB arc.) Though I guess what bothers me most is the head to rest of the body ratio.
Lord Beerus wrote:

We actually come across a Saiyan with a standard body type in Universe 6, in the form of Renso*:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
*A Saiyan Cabba met with to discuss the possibility of joining Team Universe 6 for the Tournament Of Power. Champa had put Cabba in charge of recruiting more fighters.
I imagine that there are larger built saiyans in U6, but it seems like the story definitely favors the shorter ones :D

Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Alruneia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge, but how does domain names being registered equal to movies being officially planned?
Especially considering 3 subsequent years are registered.
It kinda doesn't. If you check what's actually on those pages, all three of them have been acquired by something called onamae.com, which I think means "yourname.com". I went to their main site to see what's going on, and it seems to be a Japanese "buy your own website" service. My current guess is that they bought those websites just to redistribute them later on (there's a "get on the mailing list" option). Plenty of companies around the world do this.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 73 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link (Ooh, Part 6 anime confirmed. Anyway, currently on hiatus.)
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Planet Salad movie?! Yes please!
This. I need more Caulifla and Goku dynamics.
Id love that. Her character is at her best when interacting with Goku imo.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Are sure Caulifla, Cabba, and Kale aren't actually kids? It's actually a good question because somebody are under the impression all Sayians look like that and ignore Renso and Caulifla's gang?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 am

Jigurashi wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Planet Salad movie?! Yes please!
Everyone is at their best interacting with Goku. :thumbup:

I'm assuming that Caulifla, Kale and Cabba are no older than 20 until proven otherwise.

Kinokima
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Kinokima » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am

Simere wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:

I'm assuming that Caulifla, Kale and Cabba are no older than 20 until proven otherwise.

20 or late teens sounds about right. They are not kids but more like young adults I would say.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:57 am

Kinokima wrote:
Simere wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Id love that. Her character is at her best when interacting with Goku imo.

20 or late teens sounds about right. They are not kids but more like young adults I would say.

I always assumed Cabba to be really young, like maybe late teen at most. Cauli and Kale seem young too, but then again, they look no younger than Videl, or Chichi and Bulma for that matter, so you never know.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:01 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Are sure Caulifla, Cabba, and Kale aren't actually kids? It's actually a good question because somebody are under the impression all Sayians look like that and ignore Renso and Caulifla's gang?
Tarbel has the same built as the U6 Saiyans and he's older than Gohan and probably Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 am

So, new movie confirmed? canon or no?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 am

Legion wrote:https://s1.postimg.org/1ug1ha9enj/A5vw7a_ICQAA6e_WB.png

That's a promotion for BoG from 2012 it looks like.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 am

Simere wrote:
Legion wrote:https://s1.postimg.org/1ug1ha9enj/A5vw7a_ICQAA6e_WB.png

That's a promotion for BoG from 2012 it looks like.
Then what's 'Dragon Ball SUPER' doing on there? Unless photoshopped in
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 am

lmao, someone slapped the Super on there and it's so ridiculously obvious it's not part of the scan.