"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm

What if it involves Gohan, considering its the Ultimate Saiyan showdown, Gohan should take part of it, it would be good if he finally is separated from Piccolo.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:41 pm

perucho1990 wrote:What if it involves Gohan, considering its the Ultimate Saiyan showdown, Gohan should take part of it, it would be good if he finally is separated from Piccolo.
In hope the Namekians blows Gohan away somewhere so Piccolo can 2 vs 1 them. Even though he won't go away.

Gohan has no connection to the Universe 6 Saiyans even though he is a Saiyan himself. He is probably going to be more connected to the Saonel and Pilina by the time this arc is finished.

I actually think the fight might just be Goku vs Kale.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Gohans so called ultimate transformation he mentioned in the recruitment arc
Cicada focus
Brianne possible powerup
Saiyan Kids(if they will survive or get to manage being in the Final 10-15)
U3 Ultimate Fighting in a Gundam-like fighter.
More Freeza shenanigans.
Goku facing Toppo 1 more time before heading for a rematch vs Jiren..
You really think they'll have Goku VS Toppo II?
Goku lost interest in Toppo because Jiren is stronger, so it probably won't happen.

Freeza vs Toppo is a much more interesting matchup, and Freeza should win just so U7 can be the villains again.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I feel like the new super warrior thing is just Kale again or Goku entering UI again, he was slowly recovering stamina, I dont know how he’s able to do that while fighting tho, if my headcanon is correct Kale and Cauli arent that weak... I hope its the bugs pulling a surprise attack on Kale and Cauli and kicks them out of the ring, the twist it would bring if its literally a new character that just popped up half way and decided he/she wanted to join and Zeno allows it for some reason.
ArchedThunder wrote:I want this arc to go a into next year, if only because that would mean Yuya Takahashi could be the animation supervisor on the climax episode.
From an actual story and pacing stand point I'm ready for this to be over, but my desire for a Takahashi supervised climax is too strong.
Yes!!! Sadly I dont think God is that good.... thats too much of a dream come true, only Jiren is allowed to transcend stuffs like that, we be just ningens....
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:29 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Noah wrote:The tournament started in freaking July to end in the next year? That can't be possible! They would totally ruin the arc dragging out for so long! 48 minutes = 6 months? That's way above the 5 minutes in Namek.
Five minutes on Namek equated to twelve episodes. Trust me. This is not Namek-esque at all
This is 12 episodes for twenty-four minutes or so. The pacing is nearly five times faster
Also, if this was paced like DBZ Goku would be still gathering energy for the Genki Dama.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:31 pm

How you guys would feel about Gohan getting a power boost that could overwhelm Jiren? :)

FortuneSSJ wrote:Also, if this was paced like DBZ, Goku would be still gathering energy for the Genki Dama.
Not really, more than one episode to gatter energy from eight people? If Goku intended to get energy from other universes then you would probably be right.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:What if it involves Gohan, considering its the Ultimate Saiyan showdown, Gohan should take part of it, it would be good if he finally is separated from Piccolo.
In hope the Namekians blows Gohan away somewhere so Piccolo can 2 vs 1 them. Even though he won't go away.
Base Gohan is stronger than Piccolo, so if the U6 Namekians blow Gohan away, Piccolo is beyond fucked if he has to fight them by himself.
Noah wrote:How you guys would feel about Gohan getting a power boost that could overwhelm Jiren? :)
Ugh. :sick:
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Ziegander wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Base Gohan is stronger than Piccolo, so if the U6 Namekians blow Gohan away, Piccolo is beyond fucked if he has to fight them by himself.
Noah wrote:How you guys would feel about Gohan getting a power boost that could overwhelm Jiren? :)
My thought as well. I wouldn't like that at all.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Why is the Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread locked?

Have some of you been arguing yet again even after you've been told many times by the mods to keep it civil? So now a couple people who can't keep themselves composed have gone and ruined it for everyone else, such as myself who just enjoyed discussing these thing with other fans.

Thanks for that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
:lol:

I also thought you would react like that.
Bullza wrote:Why is the Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread locked?

Have some of you been arguing yet again even after you've been told many times by the mods to keep it civil? So now a couple people who can't keep themselves composed have gone and ruined it for everyone else, such as myself who just enjoyed discussing these thing with other fans.

Thanks for that.
Calm down, mate. It will be unlocked sometime.
Last edited by Noah on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
It ain't his arc and he definitely shouldn't get a power boost to fight Jiren. Would rather we stick to Goku who's been the centerpiece of this arc. But what about a Vegeta power boost to fight Jiren hmm?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:It ain't his arc and he definitely shouldn't get a power boost to fight Jiren. Would rather we stick to Goku who's been the centerpiece of this arc. But what about a Vegeta power boost to fight Jiren hmm?
Well, I'm not a Vegeta fan but that would be actually good for change.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Noah wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:It ain't his arc and he definitely shouldn't get a power boost to fight Jiren. Would rather we stick to Goku who's been the centerpiece of this arc. But what about a Vegeta power boost to fight Jiren hmm?
Well, I'm not a Vegeta fan but that would be actually good for change.
How? He's had jack shit importance in this arc. He has even less than Gohan in importance surprisingly for once, and it would be even further out of nowhere than Gohan.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 pm

It would be nice, in my opinion, for Vegeta to have a bone thrown him, like I'd like to think he's got a mastered SSB state that puts him level with Goku SSBKKx10, but he's nowhere near Jiren's league and if they tried to give him anything remotely close to Ultra Instinct it would be crazy. Personally I think it's crazy that Jiren is as strong as he is and it feels incredibly ass-pull-ish how Goku acquired Ultra Instinct. I'm trying to reserve judgement until we learn more about it (even Goku doesn't particularly seem to understand what happened or how), but it would be double-dumb, then, if Vegeta suddenly also got an equivalent power-up, and the same goes for Gohan. I like Vegeta and Gohan, but they don't "deserve" a power-up in the middle of this arc just to keep up with Goku who, honestly, didn't really deserve the power up he got either.

Actually, and I hate to back namekiansaiyan's hypetrain any more, he has all the hype he needs lol, it would make more sense for Piccolo to merge with the U6 namekians and gain a massive power up, to me, than for either Gohan or Vegeta to pull a new transformation/power-up out of their asses. I still wouldn't project such a "Super Namekian" to give Jiren much to write home about, but there are means for Piccolo to gain a power up right in front of us, and he really deserves something by now. Highly doubt it will happen. I'm just... saiyan 8) ... Piccolo getting a mid-tourney power up would feel better than Gohan or Vegeta or Freeza getting one.

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:32 pm

I think it's too early for Gohan for such a feat. Either Gohan or 17 would be good fight with Dyspo. Vegeta defeating SSB + level characters ( like Toppo or else ) is enough for now or perhaps even injuring Jiren and putting a decent fight...
Frieza outsmarting Jiren is overused action. Gogeta/ Gohkan would be cool for a show of power but not for elimination.
I think it's time to give the win to Goku. He has yet to defeat a Major Opponent... Beerus defeated him. Frieza outsmarted him so no Win there ( later stalemate ). Hit over lasted him. Goku Black/Zamasu became Infinite and Zeno was needed to defeat him. Goku Receives a power up ( that Not even Gods can attain easily ) and still nothing ? At least Mastered Ulta Instict or Ulta Instinct Kaio-Ken to be be equal to Jiren is more than enough...
Even Double KO would be acceptable with Jiren and Goku.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:How? He's had jack shit importance in this arc. He has even less than Gohan in importance surprisingly for once, and it would be even further out of nowhere than Gohan.
Sure, but we never saw Vegeta defeating the main threat in the series and it would be surprising considering Goku acquired a new form/skill, most people would expect him to be the one to do it again.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Ziegander wrote:It would be nice, in my opinion, for Vegeta to have a bone thrown him, like I'd like to think he's got a mastered SSB state that puts him level with Goku SSBKKx10, but he's nowhere near Jiren's league and if they tried to give him anything remotely close to Ultra Instinct it would be crazy. Personally I think it's crazy that Jiren is as strong as he is and it feels incredibly ass-pull-ish how Goku acquired Ultra Instinct. I'm trying to reserve judgement until we learn more about it (even Goku doesn't particularly seem to understand what happened or how), but it would be double-dumb, then, if Vegeta suddenly also got an equivalent power-up, and the same goes for Gohan. I like Vegeta and Gohan, but they don't "deserve" a power-up in the middle of this arc just to keep up with Goku who, honestly, didn't really deserve the power up he got either.

Actually, and I hate to back namekiansaiyan's hypetrain any more, he has all the hype he needs lol, it would make more sense for Piccolo to merge with the U6 namekians and gain a massive power up, to me, than for either Gohan or Vegeta to pull a new transformation/power-up out of their asses. I still wouldn't project such a "Super Namekian" to give Jiren much to write home about, but there are means for Piccolo to gain a power up right in front of us, and he really deserves something by now. Highly doubt it will happen. I'm just... saiyan 8) ... Piccolo getting a mid-tourney power up would feel better than Gohan or Vegeta or Freeza getting one.
Curious, why doesn't Goku deserves his power-up, but Piccolo does?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ziegander wrote:It would be nice, in my opinion, for Vegeta to have a bone thrown him, like I'd like to think he's got a mastered SSB state that puts him level with Goku SSBKKx10, but he's nowhere near Jiren's league and if they tried to give him anything remotely close to Ultra Instinct it would be crazy. Personally I think it's crazy that Jiren is as strong as he is and it feels incredibly ass-pull-ish how Goku acquired Ultra Instinct. I'm trying to reserve judgement until we learn more about it (even Goku doesn't particularly seem to understand what happened or how), but it would be double-dumb, then, if Vegeta suddenly also got an equivalent power-up, and the same goes for Gohan. I like Vegeta and Gohan, but they don't "deserve" a power-up in the middle of this arc just to keep up with Goku who, honestly, didn't really deserve the power up he got either.

Curious, why doesn't Goku deserves his power-up, but Piccolo does?
Piccolo's in a sad state, man. Goku was already between 10 and 20 times more powerful than his next closest competition on the Z fighter's side, did Jiren really have to be so powerful that the only way to challenge him was to give Goku yet another transformation and power-up that puts him, likely, hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Vegeta? He gets a state of power even Gods of Destruction aren't able to master because he got hit by his own Spirit Bomb and knocked the fuck out? There's no logic there. At least there's logic to it if Piccolo merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills. And, like I said, Piccolo could use a shot in the arm at this point. He's trailing way behind the saiyans to the point that this Tournament is making him look weak.

, and here's Ch.
3!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Ziegander wrote:
Piccolo's in a sad state, man. Goku was already between 10 and 20 times more powerful than his next closest competition on the Z fighter's side, did Jiren really have to be so powerful that the only way to challenge him was to give Goku yet another transformation and power-up that puts him, likely, hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Vegeta? He gets a state of power even Gods of Destruction aren't able to master because he got hit by his own Spirit Bomb and knocked the fuck out? There's no logic there. At least there's logic to it if Piccolo merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills. And, like I said, Piccolo could use a shot in the arm at this point. He's trailing way behind the saiyans to the point that this Tournament is making him look weak.
So this is really about 'deserved' so much as want or like. In Goku's case, while I feel no character 'deserved' anything, I would say Goku earned UI since it was something he has been working for since Resurrection 'F'. Granted, the way he got it was a freak accident that should have killed him, but the original Super Saiyan happened by a fluke. And I never understood why Goku being stronger than Vegeta is a big deal.

That isn't what happened to Goku. Goku got UI because his body resisted being vaporized by the Spirit Bomb. By doing so, it broke his potential. It's really no different when other characters get their potential unlock, except Goku's happened completely by accident.

And I have to disagree on the "merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills" making more sense since why the heck would U6 Namekians merged with Piccolo and take out two fighters from their own universe?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Ziegander wrote: Piccolo's in a sad state, man. Goku was already between 10 and 20 times more powerful than his next closest competition on the Z fighter's side, did Jiren really have to be so powerful that the only way to challenge him was to give Goku yet another transformation and power-up that puts him, likely, hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Vegeta? He gets a state of power even Gods of Destruction aren't able to master because he got hit by his own Spirit Bomb and knocked the fuck out? There's no logic there. At least there's logic to it if Piccolo merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills. And, like I said, Piccolo could use a shot in the arm at this point. He's trailing way behind the saiyans to the point that this Tournament is making him look weak.
What do you mean "no logic"? Whis gave you the logic during the special. The episode goes out of it's way to give you this information and stops focusing on the fighting so Whis could explain what the hell just happened. And it certainly wasn't just "hit by Spirit Bomb and Knocked out".

Just because Piccolo is lagging behind doesn't mean he deserves a power up more than any other character.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.