"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Noah wrote:Calm down, mate. It will be unlocked sometime.
I hope it stays locked, no offense to Bullza or anyone else who was just trying to have a calm discussion. It's nauseating to see the less rational posters go into a complete frenzy every time somebody's personal tier list is posted.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 pm

It would be nice if Piccolo got a power-up that made him evil again, it's a shame that the once feared Piccolo Daimao is now nothing but a Saiyan babysitter.
Marlowe89 wrote:I hope it stays locked, no offense to Bullza or anyone else who was just trying to have a calm discussion. It's nauseating to see the less rational posters go into a complete frenzy every time somebody's personal tier list is posted.
I lol'd at the guy freaking out because one listed Vegetto Blue above the Grand Priest :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 pm

perucho1990 wrote:ToP has picked up momentum since the TV Special though.

Final 10 Predictions:
Goku
Jiren
Freeza
Toppo
Vegeta
Gohan
Damon
Cabba
Dyspo
Brianne
I am STILL Surprised Hit will not be among the final 10, indeed that fight came out of left field and I am not even a Hit Fan. :eh:

Right now My Final 10 are Similar to Yours, but with just a few differences. In no Paticular Order;

1.) Brianne/Ribrianne
2.) Kale
3.) Toppo
4.) Gohan
5.) Damon and Gamisaras, only Together cause Likely Fusion maybe
6.) Cabba
7.) Jiren
8.) Vegeta
9.) Goku
10.) Frieza
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 pm

HeroR wrote:So this is really about 'deserved' so much as want or like. In Goku's case, while I feel no character 'deserved' anything, I would say Goku earned UI since it was something he has been working for since Resurrection 'F'. Granted, the way he got it was a freak accident that should have killed him, but the original Super Saiyan happened by a fluke. And I never understood why Goku being stronger than Vegeta is a big deal.

That isn't what happened to Goku. Goku got UI because his body resisted being vaporized by the Spirit Bomb. By doing so, it broke his potential. It's really no different when other characters get their potential unlock, except Goku's happened completely by accident.
Wait, what? Dude, I don't have anything against Goku or anything, and Goku being stronger than Vegeta isn't really that big of a deal, but Goku getting Ultra Instinct either was earned or was a freak accident. You're all over the place here. The way I saw it, Goku either should have been killed or at the very least completely KO'd, but instead he received an enormous bullshit power up out of nowhere that had absolutely nothing to do with training. I guess you can see that as earning it if you want, but it definitely came across as a fluke accident to me. Even Goku was surprised and confused by it. Vegeta trains just as hard as Goku, too, yet he's 10 times stronger than him with Kaioken, if not 20 times. But Vegeta does't deserve anything to you? Goku being stronger than Vegeta has never really been an issue, but when he's already a minimum of 10 times stronger, that's a big gulf. More than big enough. It becomes slightly annoying, then, for Goku to get ridiculously stronger on top of that especially when he didn't actively do anything special that Vegeta hasn't. Ultra Instinct happened to Goku. He didn't figure it out, and he didn't use a different, better training regimen than Vegeta either.
And I have to disagree on the "merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills" making more sense since why the heck would U6 Namekians merged with Piccolo and take out two fighters from their own universe?
I'm just saying it makes more sense than Gohan or Vegeta also suddenly getting a new, sidegrade bullshit power up to compete with Goku. The ingredients for Piccolo's power up are at least visible and available. Piccolo could force them to do it, or they might agree to it as a way for namekians to survive past the point of Universe 6's erasure, there's ways it could work and make sense. I'm not advocating it should happen, I'm not expecting it to happen, I don't even particularly care if it does or doesn't happen. I will say, personally, I think Piccolo deserves to have a bit more of a potent fighting presence on the team, and that he's kind of being shit on at the moment, so it would be nice if Piccolo got a power-up, I think he deserves one at this point, he's constantly trained only to make very, very marginal gains since merging with Kami, but I'm not going to be mad if he doesn't get one.

In summation:

On the topic of, should Gohan get a new power up to rival Jiren? Absolutely not.

On the topic of, should Vegeta or Freeza get new power ups to rival Jiren? Please no.

On the topic of, should Piccolo get a new power up to regain some semblance of relevance? I'm ambivalent. Should is a word I would not use. It would be nice and I see how it could happen. It wouldn't feel like a complete asspull.

On the topic of, did Goku gaining Ultra Instinct feel like an asspull to anyone here? To me, yes, it came across as completely unearned and pretty contrived from a writing standpoint. That's not me trashing Goku or wanting him to suck, or wanting Vegeta to be stronger than him. Objectively, just talking about Goku and his transformation in the special, I, personally, did not really like how it was handled. You are free to disagree.

EDIT: Also, no, Whis just telling us all, "Goku used the energy from the Spirit Bomb to break his limits" does not explain anything, and does not follow any logic. How and why did that happen? It doesn't make sense. Whis' exposition did nothing for me. That's fine if you liked it. I'm not trying to shit on your opinions, guys, I'm just stating mine.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
Ziegander wrote: Piccolo's in a sad state, man. Goku was already between 10 and 20 times more powerful than his next closest competition on the Z fighter's side, did Jiren really have to be so powerful that the only way to challenge him was to give Goku yet another transformation and power-up that puts him, likely, hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Vegeta? He gets a state of power even Gods of Destruction aren't able to master because he got hit by his own Spirit Bomb and knocked the fuck out? There's no logic there. At least there's logic to it if Piccolo merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills. And, like I said, Piccolo could use a shot in the arm at this point. He's trailing way behind the saiyans to the point that this Tournament is making him look weak.
What do you mean "no logic"? Whis gave you the logic during the special. The episode goes out of it's way to give you this information and stops focusing on the fighting so Whis could explain what the hell just happened. And it certainly wasn't just "hit by Spirit Bomb and Knocked out".

Just because Piccolo is lagging behind doesn't mean he deserves a power up more than any other character.
Honestly, i'm still really confused on this. I kind of remember the explanation, but all it really was, was Whis gushing over how Goku did it. I still don't understand why a spirit bomb would give Goku a power-up or really how UI even works. Perhaps someone could it explain better for me?
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Ziegander wrote:
Wait, what? Dude, I don't have anything against Goku or anything, and Goku being stronger than Vegeta isn't really that big of a deal, but Goku getting Ultra Instinct either was earned or was a freak accident. You're all over the place here. The way I saw it, Goku either should have been killed or at the very least completely KO'd, but instead he received an enormous bullshit power up out of nowhere that had absolutely nothing to do with training. I guess you can see that as earning it if you want, but it definitely came across as a fluke accident to me. Even Goku was surprised and confused by it. Vegeta trains just as hard as Goku, too, yet he's 10 times stronger than him with Kaioken, if not 20 times. But Vegeta does't deserve anything to you? Goku being stronger than Vegeta has never really been an issue, but when he's already a minimum of 10 times stronger, that's a big gulf. More than big enough. It becomes slightly annoying, then, for Goku to get ridiculously stronger on top of that.
And I have to disagree on the "merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills" making more sense since why the heck would U6 Namekians merged with Piccolo and take out two fighters from their own universe?
I'm just saying it makes more sense than Gohan or Vegeta also suddenly getting a new, sidegrade bullshit power up to compete with Goku. The ingredients for Piccolo's power up are at least visible and available. Piccolo could force them to do it, or they might agree to it as a way for namekians to survive past the point of Universe 6's erasure, there's ways it could work and make sense. I'm not advocating it should happen, I'm not expecting it to happen, I don't even particularly care if it does or doesn't happen. I will say, personally, I think Piccolo deserves to have a bit more of a potent fighting presence on the team, and that he's kind of being shit on at the moment, so it would be nice if Piccolo got a power-up, I think he deserves one at this point, he's constantly trained only to make very, very marginal gains since merging with Kami, but I'm not going to be mad if he doesn't get one.

Stop trying to make this into an argument over who deserves a power-up more, or why Piccolo getting a power-up would be bullshit, man. It was just a throwaway line I included as perspective to further illustrate how bullshit I do think it would be if Vegeta or Gohan got additional power ups in the middle of the tournament. Any kind of rage boost? Sure, but I don't really consider those types of things to be a transformation-level, asspull of a power up.

In summation:

On the topic of, should Gohan get a new power up to rival Jiren? Absolutely not.

On the topic of, should Vegeta or Freeza get new power ups to rival Jiren? Please no.

On the topic of, should Piccolo get a new power up to regain some semblance of relevance? I'm ambivalent. Should is a word I would not use. It would be nice and I see how it could happen. It wouldn't feel like a complete asspull.

On the topic of, did Goku gaining Ultra Instinct feel like an asspull to anyone here? To me, yes, it came across as completely unearned and pretty contrived from a writing standpoint. That's not me trashing Goku or wanting him to suck, or wanting Vegeta to be stronger than him. Objectively, just talking about Goku and his transformation in the special, I, personally, did not really like how it was handled. You are free to disagree.

EDIT: Also, no, Whis just telling us all, "Goku used the energy from the Spirit Bomb to break his limits" does not explain anything, and does not follow any logic. How and why did that happen? It doesn't make sense. Whis' exposition did nothing for me. That's fine if you liked it. I'm not trying to shit on your opinions, guys, I'm just stating mine.
I've never said or tried to implied you had anything against Goku. I am just making a point that Goku did earn his power and the Spirit Bomb that you wrote off as 'not making sense' or 'Goku got hit by the Spirit Bomb and powered-up' wasn't correct. Goku earned UI since it was his own hidden potential. He always had it, it's just the way he unlocked it was freaked accident, just like the original Super Saiyan was more or less an accident, but it was still Goku's own power.

Vegeta may train just as hard or harder, but Vegeta's failing is that he never learned any real techniques outside of more powerful ki blast, while Goku learned the Kaioken through training years ago. And no, I never feel a character 'deserves' anything. If Vegeta got UI instead of Goku, I would never said Goku 'deserved' UI. It seems your major problem is Goku being so above everyone else, not so much about how he got his power.

It really doesn't since from a story POV, the U6 Namekians gained nothing from fusing with Piccolo. And Namekians can't forced someone to fused, it has to be willing. And if Piccolo did forced it, he would be an asshole since merging is practically erasing to the other Namekian.

"Stop trying to make this into an argument over who deserves a power-up more", I didn't since I said 'no character deserves anything'.

Also, you can no like the explanation, but it isn't an asspull, especially when the show spends several minutes telling you how it happened. It's no more of an asspull than, Goku got mad and went Super Saiyan when Goku got mad several times before then and never transformed.
Shaqazooloo wrote:
Honestly, i'm still really confused on this. I kind of remember the explanation, but all it really was, was Whis gushing over how Goku did it. I still don't understand why a spirit bomb would give Goku a power-up or really how UI even works. Perhaps someone could it explain better for me?
The Spirit Bomb didn't give Goku the power-up, it just triggered it. It was Goku resisting the Spirit Bomb vaporizing him that broke his hidden potential. Herms described it best, it was power-up caused by extreme trauma. It could have been any type of energy attack, not just the Spirit Bomb that did nothing except refilled temporarily.

UI is moving without thinking, which is an actual martial arts mindset. Whether UI is the form or the form just gave Goku UI is up for debate.
Last edited by HeroR on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 pm

MaskedRider wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:Don't know if this has been posted yet, but according to GovetaXV this article says that the Tournament of Power will continue throughout December, and nothing says it will stop then so it might last till even next year.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Gosh, would could POSSIBLY keep the story going for that long
Well every episode is about 2 minutes...

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote: Honestly, i'm still really confused on this. I kind of remember the explanation, but all it really was, was Whis gushing over how Goku did it. I still don't understand why a spirit bomb would give Goku a power-up or really how UI even works. Perhaps someone could it explain better for me?
Whis explains it by saying that the Spirit bomb is acting as Goku's source of energy since he had run out . If you wanted to look at it this way, it's kind of like replacing an items empty battery with another one that still has juice. The bomb doesn't give him the form it just gives him the energy. But the main point of it was that The power of the Spirit bomb and Gokus will to resist it (And by it I mean death) made Goku break his "shell", is what I believe Whis calls it. It's kind of vague there but you get the idea. The whole breaking ones limit thing.

Gokus will taking him to a new plane of power + Energy from the Spirit bomb = Sexy Goku.

It's not the most in depth thing, but it's about as much explanation as anyone really needs. It's certainly more in depth than most forms bother going into. Yes that includes most from Z.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
Whis explains it by saying that the Spirit bomb is acting as Goku's source of energy since he had run out of energy. If you wanted to look at it this way, it's kind of like replacing an items empty battery with another one that still has juice. The bomb doesn't give him the form it just gives him the energy. But the main point of it was that The power of the Spirit bomb and Gokus will to resist it made Goku break his "shell", is what I believe Whis calls it. It's kind of vague there but you get the idea. The whole breaking ones limit thing.

I guess the assumption is that if he didn't do this he would be dead, because of course he would it's the god damn spirit bomb.

Gokus will taking him to a new plane of power + Energy from the Spirit bomb = Sexy Goku.

It's not the most in depth thing, but it's about as much explanation as anyone really needs. It certainly more in depth than most forms bother going into. Yes that includes most from Z.
Pretty much. Goku either broke his shell, or die a painful death. It was fly or die.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
Whis explains it by saying that the Spirit bomb is acting as Goku's source of energy since he had run out . If you wanted to look at it this way, it's kind of like replacing an items empty battery with another one that still has juice. The bomb doesn't give him the form it just gives him the energy. But the main point of it was that The power of the Spirit bomb and Gokus will to resist it (And by it I mean death) made Goku break his "shell", is what I believe Whis calls it. It's kind of vague there but you get the idea. The whole breaking ones limit thing.

It's not the most in depth thing, but it's about as much explanation as anyone really needs. It's certainly more in depth than most forms bother going into. Yes that includes most from Z.
HeroR wrote:The Spirit Bomb didn't give Goku the power-up, it just triggered it. It was Goku resisting the Spirit Bomb vaporizing him that broke his hidden potential. Herms described it best, it was power-up caused by extreme trauma. It could have been any type of energy attack, not just the Spirit Bomb that did nothing except refilled temporarily.

UI is moving without thinking, which is an actual martial arts mindset. Whether UI is the form or the form just gave Goku UI is up for debate.
Thank you both very kindly. I still have a little trouble understanding how the spirit bomb was powerful enough to almost kill Goku, but I can look past that little nitpick and accept this as a reasonable explanation.
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Noah wrote:Calm down, mate. It will be unlocked sometime.
I hope it stays locked, no offense to Bullza or anyone else who was just trying to have a calm discussion. It's nauseating to see the less rational posters go into a complete frenzy every time somebody's personal tier list is posted.
Agreed the thread should be just locked

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Don't know if this has been posted yet, but according to GovetaXV this article says that the Tournament of Power will continue throughout December, and nothing says it will stop then so it might last till even next year.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wow, really? I guess i'm gonna have a lot of unwatched episodes after this arc is over. I already have 4 within the past 10 episodes and I expect another 3-4 in the next 4-5 episodes.
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:
Thank you both very kindly. I still have a little trouble understanding how the spirit bomb was powerful enough to almost kill Goku, but I can look past that little nitpick and accept this as a reasonable explanation.
Goku made the Spirit Bomb to defeat Jiren who stomped him as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x20, so Goku's Spirit Bomb would have to be much, much stronger than him to do anything against Jiren. So naturally, the Spirit Bomb would kill him.
Kanassa wrote:

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:37 pm

I hope that Toppo and Dyspo make it deep into the tournament. It's a bit unclear where each stands in the strength hierarchy, and for as much as Universe 11 has been hyped up, each probably deserves at second proper fight (they've had one each so far, Toppo in the exhibition match, and Dyspo against Hit).

Wondering if the Dyspo-Beerus-Champa appearance connection will be addressed. Wondering if it was just fodder for that one-liner by Champa, or if there is some deeper connection with their (perhaps common) race.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:I hope that Toppo and Dyspo make it deep into the tournament. It's a bit unclear where each stands in the strength hierarchy, and for as much as Universe 11 has been hyped up, each probably deserves at second proper fight (they've had one each so far, Toppo in the exhibition match, and Dyspo against Hit).

Wondering if the Dyspo-Beerus-Champa appearance connection will be addressed. Wondering if it was just fodder for that one-liner by Champa, or if there is some deeper connection with their (perhaps common) race.
While I agree that I hope they get a great showing soon, U11 itself was never truly hyped. Jiren was really the only one hyped among them. Toppo himself was a tool used to further showcase how much of a monster Jiren is in comparison.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 am

HeroR wrote:
Shaqazooloo wrote:
Goku made the Spirit Bomb to defeat Jiren who stomped him as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x20, so Goku's Spirit Bomb would have to be much, much stronger than him to do anything against Jiren. So naturally, the Spirit Bomb would kill him.
To add to this he's drained himself, he was really struggling with that clash of GD between him and Jiren.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 am

Ziegander wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:What if it involves Gohan, considering its the Ultimate Saiyan showdown, Gohan should take part of it, it would be good if he finally is separated from Piccolo.
In hope the Namekians blows Gohan away somewhere so Piccolo can 2 vs 1 them. Even though he won't go away.
Base Gohan is stronger than Piccolo, so if the U6 Namekians blow Gohan away, Piccolo is beyond fucked if he has to fight them by himself.
That is completely wrong and have you seen how useless Gohan is.

This is another negative Piccolo comment becuase your expectation of him is actually really high and because he is not as strong as Goku you exaggerate everything when it comes to Piccolo.

When people say he is a babysitter for Gohan it is actually an insult to Gohan and not Piccolo as it shows how bad Gohan is.

The Namekians from Unuverse 6 should be different to Piccolo just like Frieza/Frost and the Saiyans so I think he should get something from them. If we get absolutely nothing I will never understand the reasoning for it and would be a wasted opputunity that writes itself.
Boo Machine wrote:
Ziegander wrote: Piccolo's in a sad state, man. Goku was already between 10 and 20 times more powerful than his next closest competition on the Z fighter's side, did Jiren really have to be so powerful that the only way to challenge him was to give Goku yet another transformation and power-up that puts him, likely, hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Vegeta? He gets a state of power even Gods of Destruction aren't able to master because he got hit by his own Spirit Bomb and knocked the fuck out? There's no logic there. At least there's logic to it if Piccolo merges with more namekians and acquires their powers and skills. And, like I said, Piccolo could use a shot in the arm at this point. He's trailing way behind the saiyans to the point that this Tournament is making him look weak.
What do you mean "no logic"? Whis gave you the logic during the special. The episode goes out of it's way to give you this information and stops focusing on the fighting so Whis could explain what the hell just happened. And it certainly wasn't just "hit by Spirit Bomb and Knocked out".

Just because Piccolo is lagging behind doesn't mean he deserves a power up more than any other character.
Yes he does deserve a power up becuase Toriyama gave that nobody 17 a ridiculous power up just becuase he is returning.

Toriyama has introduced Namekians so he better use them to improve Piccolo becuase what is the point as thry could have just been left out otherwise.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
In hope the Namekians blows Gohan away somewhere so Piccolo can 2 vs 1 them. Even though he won't go away.
Base Gohan is stronger than Piccolo, so if the U6 Namekians blow Gohan away, Piccolo is beyond fucked if he has to fight them by himself.
That is completely wrong
Base Goku tangles with Final Form Freeza, Piccolo gets trashed by First Form Freeza. Gohan got so strong that in his base form he can keep up with Goku's base form, meanwhile Piccolo has not really improved much, if at all, since Resurrection of Freeza. I'll reiterate, if the two namekians are strong enough to deal with Gohan without much effort, even if it's just base Gohan, then leaving Piccolo to deal with them on his own would be very bad for Piccolo.
and have you seen how useless Gohan is.
... Yes. I've brought it up repeatedly.
This is another negative Piccolo comment becuase your expectation of him is actually really high
What?
and because he is not as strong as Goku you exaggerate everything when it comes to Piccolo.
I'm sorry, are you confusing me with someone else?
When people say he is a babysitter for Gohan it is actually an insult to Gohan and not Piccolo as it shows how bad Gohan is.
It's disappointing for both of them, in my opinion. I mean, I like their dynamic, but they both need to have more active, dynamic showings, whether that's together (utilizing effective team attacks and team tactics), or separately. But at least if I say that Piccolo is Gohan's babysitter this arc I'm not saying it to insult either of them, I'm just stating a matter of fact. Just like how I would state that Base Gohan is stronger than Piccolo as a matter of fact, not to try and exaggerate Piccolo's relative weakness or to put Piccolo or his fans down. Look, man, it's okay to accept that Piccolo is not very strong these days. I like Piccolo, I'd say he's one of my favorite characters, and while I do think he's overdue for a power up and I think he deserves to have been treated better by Super in general and in this arc specifically, the fact remains that he's just not in the saiyans' league anymore, not even their base forms. That's not a put down, that's just how it is. There's no reason for you start getting combative with someone just because they don't say Piccolo is the best and the strongest and the coolest and he's going to win the Tournament of Power because he's so great.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 am

Ziegander wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
That is completely wrong
Base Goku tangles with Final Form Freeza, Piccolo gets trashed by First Form Freeza. Gohan got so strong that in his base form he can keep up with Goku's base form, meanwhile Piccolo has not really improved much, if at all, since Resurrection of Freeza. I'll reiterate, if the two namekians are strong enough to deal with Gohan without much effort, even if it's just base Gohan, then leaving Piccolo to deal with them on his own would be very bad for Piccolo.
and have you seen how useless Gohan is.
... Yes. I've brought it up repeatedly.
This is another negative Piccolo comment becuase your expectation of him is actually really high
What?
and because he is not as strong as Goku you exaggerate everything when it comes to Piccolo.
I'm sorry, are you confusing me with someone else?
It's disappointing for both of them, in my opinion. I mean, I like their dynamic, but they both need to have more active, dynamic showings, whether that's together (utilizing effective team attacks and team tactics), or separately. But at least if I say that Piccolo is Gohan's babysitter this arc I'm not saying it to insult either of them, I'm just stating a matter of fact. Just like how I would state that Base Gohan is stronger than Piccolo as a matter of fact, not to try and exaggerate Piccolo's relative weakness or to put Piccolo or his fans down. Look, man, it's okay to accept that Piccolo is not very strong these days. I like Piccolo, I'd say he's one of my favorite characters, and while I do think he's overdue for a power up and I think he deserves to have been treated better by Super in general and in this arc specifically, the fact remains that he's just not in the saiyans' league anymore, not even their base forms. That's not a put down, that's just how it is. There's no reason for you start getting combative with someone just because they don't say Piccolo is the best and the strongest and the coolest and he's going to win the Tournament of Power because he's so great.
Maybe the Namekians have a technique that could push Gohan away or stop hik interfering. Gohan is not going to stay in base either as what is the point of this fight. The Namekiandls are obviously just testing Gohan and Piccolo next episode before actually going full power.

The comment about expectation was about fans in general. When fans generally think a character should do better and when they don't they mock them severly more. A lot of fans now think 18 is way stronger than Piccolo when the complete opposite is the truth but which character is getting the praise? It is 18 and not Piccolo.

I never see any comment that says Piccolo is going to beat someone it is always, he is going to 'job' or is a 'jobber' and will end up as 'fodder' or a 'babysitter' or 'completely irrelevant'. If Toriyama was like most fans in general Piccolo wouldn't even be in the tournament.

I then have to put up with shit like 'Gohan is going to win the tournament and beat everyone' even though he is not strong enough at all.

The thing that annoys me the most is Toriyama bringing back 17 and giving him a major power up and I will always say it is completely wrong. 17 is a complete nobody who was not apart of the series but a series regular like Piccolo gets nowhere near as good treatment.

I might seem combative in my responsive and a complete fanboy when it comes to Piccolo but I am the only person putting forward the view Piccolo is going to useful and successful instead or completely useless like many people do. No one complains about CJStriker_CBR and all the talk about Ribrianne but I basically get called a deluded Piccolo fan.

There is a absolutely no reason why Piccolo should not learn anything from the Namekians due to the differences in other races and I will be permanently annoyed if that does not happen as why should there be differences between the other races in different Universes but not for the Namekians.
HeroR wrote:
It really doesn't since from a story POV, the U6 Namekians gained nothing from fusing with Piccolo. And Namekians can't forced someone to fused, it has to be willing. And if Piccolo did forced it, he would be an asshole since merging is practically erasing to the other Namekian.
It should be some new form or technique so it makes more sense and does not get rid of new Namekians.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: The Namekiandls are obviously just testing Gohan and Piccolo next episode before actually going full power.
Obviously? Okay, what giant, blaring clues make you deduce that? Is it their only appearances fighting in both this episode and the preview, that simply shows them having a 'Oh, we are FUCKED' faces while facing Gohan/Piccolo?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017