"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:08 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Why would they do that? the summary already said Goku's recovering his stamina while fighting those 2, adding Gohan to the mix would not be good for them ( this is if the summaries arent playing with us ofc)
Going with how Gohan has been looking in the anime, if he gets to help Goku vs the Girls, he might be forced to look bad again. Gohan hasnt looked good since fighting Obuni.

Couldnt do anything to Harmila and Plum
Ran away from Borareta
Jobbed to Jimizu
"Jobbed" to Freeza(I put it in quotations marks because some consider it an L for Gohan).
Gohan wouldnt look good fighting those 2 since the summary makes it sound like Goku's got it under control, I would rather want Gohan fighting someone else like Toppo or Dyspo, a 17 and Gohan V Toppo and Dyspo sounds fun to me, but those girls wouldnt make Gohan look good at all even if he does beat them.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Shouldn't we be getting some new info pertaining to the anime in the new v-jump?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Gohan beating Cauliflowa down would be amazing..
But him head to head against Toppo will be even better..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Gohan beating Cauliflowa down would be amazing..
Stick to the 1st one,its more likely since Dyspo would propably destroy him let alone Toppo.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 pm

I agree, I would enjoy Toppo beating up Gohan.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Whatever wrote:
Stick to the 1st one,its more likely since Dyspo would propably destroy him let alone Toppo.
Can't say that for certain..
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Good for you man! At least you have something to enjoy when piccolo is eating dirt in the benches
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: I agree, I would enjoy Toppo beating up Gohan.
Whatever wrote: Stick to the 1st one,its more likely since Dyspo would propably destroy him let alone Toppo.
Whats with people dissin my boy Gohan!? trust in the bang!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Good for you man! At least you have something to enjoy when piccolo is eating dirt in the benches
Given how Gohan performed against IT and Dypso being able to counter IT from Super Saiyan God Goku, Gohan beating Dypso isn't looking bright and if Toppo is on par with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken Goku like some thing, Gohan really stands no chance.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote: Stick to the 1st one,its more likely since Dyspo would propably destroy him let alone Toppo.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Given how Gohan performed against IT and Dypso being able to counter IT from Super Saiyan God Goku, Gohan beating Dypso isn't looking bright and if Toppo is on par with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken Goku like some thing, Gohan really stands no chance.
The odds are against gohan yes, but his power has been all over the place lately, we can't pin point how strong or able he will be in a fight..
As for beating IT, Freeza did say he would have won if he just used his full power, and that was before Freeza knew Gohan had ultimate..

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: The odds are against gohan yes, but his power has been all over the place lately, we can't pin point how strong or able he will be in a fight..
As for beating IT, Freeza did say he would have won if he just used his full power, and that was before Freeza knew Gohan had ultimate..
Power isn't Gohan's problem. It's his utter lack of fighting experience. Hit overcame Dyspo not by out-powering him, but by outsmarting him using his greater fighting knowledge and his fast adaption. And going full power and overwhelming someone who has a powerful technique is a really annoying habit of Gohan and proves that he can't win unless he severely overpowers the person he's fighting.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Nah more like Piccolo will be go in front of Jiren and start out meditiating him.
Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
The odds are against gohan yes, but his power has been all over the place lately, we can't pin point how strong or able he will be in a fight..
How does Frieza even know how strong everyone is?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:35 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: The odds are against gohan yes, but his power has been all over the place lately, we can't pin point how strong or able he will be in a fight..
Power isn't Gohan's problem. It's his utter lack of fighting experience. Hit overcame Dyspo not by out-powering him, but by outsmarting him using his greater fighting knowledge and his fast adaption. And going full power and overwhelming someone who has a powerful technique is a really annoying habit of Gohan and proves that he can't win unless he severely overpowers the person he's fighting.
Although I don't agree, I will say this, Dyspo vs Gohan could go anywhere, Gohan comes up with weird ways on the go..
It all depends if or not Gohan can figure something out, sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't..
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Nah more like Piccolo will be go in front of Jiren and start out meditiating him.
That would need him to be inside the ring, which he won't be after being collateral damage of the drained out Saiyan's fight..

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Although I don't agree, I will say this, Dyspo vs Gohan could go anywhere, Gohan comes up with weird ways on the go..
It all depends if or not Gohan can figure something out, sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't..
You mean like how came up with a weird way to go against IT, a move he has seen since he was a child? Gohan doesn't have a real record of beating someone without brute forcing it. The only real standout was Lavender. In this tournament, the way he took out Botamo had the writers rewrite how Botamo's powers work and the U10 guy had an interesting ability that Goku just tanked and counter.
Kanassa wrote:

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Can't say that for certain..
Well do you think Gohan could give Hit as much trouble as Dyspo did?
There is your answer.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm

While iffy power scaling in DBS might be attributed to poor planning or lack of caring, Gohan's fluctuating power actually makes sense somewhat. He's always been a wild card in that sense and he'll always have that limitless potential on his side. I could pretty much see him take down even Jiren if he is given a reason to get angry enough.
Last edited by Michsi on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:44 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Although I don't agree, I will say this, Dyspo vs Gohan could go anywhere, Gohan comes up with weird ways on the go..
You mean like how came up with a weird way to go against IT, a move he has seen since he was a child? Gohan doesn't have a real record of beating someone without brute forcing it. The only real standout was Lavender. In this tournament, the way he took out Botamo had the writers rewrite how Botamo's powers work and the U10 guy had an interesting ability that Goku just tanked and counter.
No, I mean how he came up with weird ways to win fights throughout this arc..
As for IT, I will again say this, if was in any real danger or he felt like he was actually being pushed back, he would have gone full power..
Whatever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Can't say that for certain..
Well do you think Gohan could give Hit as much trouble as Dyspo did?
There is your answer.
Ability users have always been tiricky to deal with no matter your skill or power

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Michsi wrote:While iffy power scaling in DBS might be attributed to poor planning or lack of caring, Gohan's fluctuating power actually makes sense somewhat. He's always been a wild card in that sense and he'll always have that limitless potential on his side. I could pretty much see him take down even Jiren if he is given a reason to get angry enough.
Yes, that's the thing, a lot is possible with his character around and all of them amazing stuff..
Although I would like hus sudden boost of power to not be rage related this time, UI is a learnable skill, Goku before getting knocked out could tell Gohan how to tap into it and bingo..
The base look of UI will go perfectly with ultimate
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Michsi wrote:While iffy power scaling in DBS might be attributed to poor planning or lack of caring, Gohan's fluctuating power actually makes sense somewhat. He's always been a wild card in that sense and he'll always have that limitless potential on his side. I could pretty much see him take down even Jiren if he is given a reason to get angry enough.
Again, Gohan's problem isn't 'lack of power' or even 'fluctuating power', he lacks experience and battle smarts which is a constant theme for him. Like he should have to brute force his way to beat IT when he has seen the move since his childhood.
Ki Breaker wrote: No, I mean how he came up with weird ways to win fights throughout this arc..
As for IT, I will again say this, if was in any real danger or he felt like he was actually being pushed back, he would have gone full power..
And that's the problem. He shouldn't have to used his full power or anything closed to it to counter IT. Freeze certainly didn't and he should be only as strong or weaker than the base form Saiyans.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

One thing that Super is consistent about is getting people to mention Gohan's potential and then it never really see it happens at all.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 pm

HeroR wrote: And that's the problem. He shouldn't have to used his full power or anything closed to it to counter IT. Freeze certainly didn't and he should be only as strong or weaker than the base form Saiyans.
We definitely don't know that..
At the moment of IT, Freeza knew Gohan to be as strong as the SS he encountered in Rof and he said Gohan could handle if he went "full power", even if freeza wasn't using all his power against the IT counter all he would have to do is use as much power as rusty SS gohan, Gohan didn't even think that little power was needed to counter IT, gohan was playing the Yadrat and he was enjoying coming up with different ideas..
Freeza certainly didn't come up with any technique to counter IT, he also overpowered it..
Also, When Gohan went ultimate, Freeza went golden to fight him..

Anyway, I feel like this is slowly gearing towards pure strength discussion, I will stop here for now..