"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vados_chan
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Vados_chan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 am

sintzu wrote:
I'm not. So far these 2 have been the worst thing introduced in the franchise. Out of all the things to let those fights play 2nd to, it had to be this.

I really hope the manga can find away around them.
That's now how you spell Jiren

And the manga's not canon so lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 am

Vados_chan wrote:That's now how you spell Jiren

At least we don't have to hear him go on and on all the time. I wasn't very happy about his silent personality but if cauliflower and ribbon are anything to go by then maybe it's best that way.

What does canon have to do with anything ? seriously ? I'm just talking about the basic quality of both and for some unknown reason you bring that into the mix.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:53 am

sintzu wrote:Where are the rumors coming from ?
The first 10 blu ray sets contained 12 episodes, but the eleventh(ep 121-133) will have 13. What's odd is that episode 133 is supposed to air on March 25th, the last week of the anime season.

Ofc it could mean nothing, but it is very suspicous.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:55 am

Son Vegito wrote:
The first 10 blu ray sets contained 12 episodes, but the eleventh(ep 121-133) will have 13. What's odd is that episode 133 is supposed to air on March 25th, the last week of the anime season.

It probably just means that they have a set number in mind and are beginning to line up the sets to match it. If Super was ending that soon we would've heard about it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:59 am

sintzu wrote:
Simere wrote:"Many western fans" would do well to not inflate their own importance even among western fans.
Kai's Buu arc was made for the Western market. Trust me, we're important.
I didn't mean the market isn't important. I meant it shouldn't be assumed that the fandom as a whole is of a certain belief just because some, or even many, fans are.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 am

sintzu wrote:
Son Vegito wrote:

It probably just means that they have a set number in mind and are beginning to line up the sets to match it. If Super was ending that soon we would've heard about it.
Not to add fuel to this particular fire, but there have been cases of shows being cancelled out of nowhere. The Bleach anime comes to mind. Remember, Super barely got any promo at all, it was announced just a few weeks before it began airing or something like that. I think it's unlikely, but people should keep an open mind.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:05 am

Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Son Vegito wrote: The first 10 blu ray sets contained 12 episodes, but the eleventh(ep 121-133) will have 13. What's odd is that episode 133 is supposed to air on March 25th, the last week of the anime season.

Not to add fuel to this particular fire, but there have been cases of shows being cancelled out of nowhere. The Bleach anime comes to mind. Remember, Super barely got any promo at all, it was announced just a few weeks before it began airing or something like that. I think it's unlikely, but people should keep an open mind.
If Super is stopping it is because of Toriyama not wanting to do it anymore. This show makes too much money for Toei for them to stop the show.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 am

Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Son Vegito wrote: The first 10 blu ray sets contained 12 episodes, but the eleventh(ep 121-133) will have 13. What's odd is that episode 133 is supposed to air on March 25th, the last week of the anime season.

Not only Bleach, practically al long running series, Hitman, Toriko, DGM all were announced just barely a month and a half before they ended
namekiansaiyan wrote:]If Super is stopping it is because of Toriyama not wanting to do it anymore. This show makes too much money for Toei for them to stop the show.
I doubt it's stopping. Maybe just a break or name change.
Last edited by Son Vegito on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 am

Cursemark505 wrote:Its going to be fun watching the haters have mental breakdowns the next few weeks. Anything that gets under y'all's skin in a good thing in my book.
Yeah, the terrible writing of this show is making people upset, isn't this so fun?

So we have two terrible characters, that shafted other more interesting characters from the spotlight, that have somehow mastered a technique that they should have no idea about. Yet again, we're getting multiple episodes wasted on them, meanwhile the Namekians have so far done nothing. And we already know they won't get as much screentime as these two have gotten.

I'm not even sure how fans of Kale and Caulifla can be excited for this? This reads like horrible fanfiction. :lol:

At least they're pushing this garbage right now, instead of later, so that we won't have to deal with it down the line. Just get it over with now.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 am

Vados_chan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I'm not. So far these 2 have been the worst thing introduced in the franchise. Out of all the things to let those fights play 2nd to, it had to be this.

I really hope the manga can find away around them.
That's now how you spell Jiren

Keep this garbage on /a/

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 am

OLKv3 wrote:If they just master fusion on the spot I'm done lol
They will not waste time having them learn how to master Fusion. Just like they easily learned how to control SSJ transformations. We don't need unnecessary padding
Last edited by Yedis on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 am

Son Vegito wrote:
Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Not only Bleach, practically al long running series, Hitman, Toriko, DGM all were announced just barely a month and a half before they ended
Right, it's not like in other cases where they telegraph the finale like it's this huge event, it usually comes as a surprise. The recent rumors about new movies being planned is an odd coincidence.
Again, might mean nothing, but it may also mean something.

It would be a shame if they decided to pull the plug on Super just at it was finally picking up steam.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am

sintzu wrote:That, and to sell more cards. They can get at least 4 cards from it.
Hell, Heroes will give you a card or 20 whether you exist or not. Vegeks, Gohanks, and Super Kaioken Xeno Vegito will attest to that. Although Heroes doesn't do anything too daring with the new characters, so you won't see anything like Time Breaker Dark Dragon Ball Super Saiyan Rose 4 Goku Black...yet. :lol:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 am

hardcorefakes wrote:So we have two terrible characters, that shafted other more interesting characters from the spotlight, that have somehow mastered a technique that they should have no idea about.
What reason do you have for why they should have no idea about it?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 am

Kale/Caulifla possibly fusing? The awfulness intensifies.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:30 am

While fusion of Kale/caulifla sounds cool and the ultimate salt maker, it sounds a bit too outta nowhere.
Feels over Reals.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Kale/Caulifla possibly fusing? The awfulness intensifies.
hey remember? two negatives create a positive :lol:

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 am

This is currently a provisional title, so I'm not even close to convinced this is a thing yet. That said, I feel this is going to go one of two ways if true. Firstly, they already know a form of fusion, in which case it's whatever. Alternatively, Goku teaches them how to fuse in the middle of this tournament. If that's the case, my "fuck you Super" alarm is probably going to go off like crazy. There's demonstrating a transformation, and then there's teaching a technique that requires precision and balance between two people. It would definitely be horribly contrived at best if it occurred.

But, as always, we should wait and see.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 am

Vegeta and Goku are stupid... seriously after this tourney Beerus should hakai them.

It’s not even funny anymore.

Hope as soon as the fusion is over Freeza will eliminate the chicks...

Butt stupid Goku may train Cicada next

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 am

This fusion won't come out of nowhere. Hit said the U6 Saiyans are the hope of the team. Cabba said Caulifla and Kale are their secret weapons
They already know fusion. Goku isn't teaching them. They knew fusion the whole time.