"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TBMx » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 am

Totamo wrote: Uh neither could Goku.
Goku didn't have to try. He's a "natural" and has the writers on his side.

Vegeta's role is the same as the namek saga. To try and fail to get it in order to show the power doesn't come from greed or a desire.

I hate they're still using him that way, but he has regressed i every other way so it's not surprising.

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 am

emperior wrote:I feel like it doesn’t make sense to give U6 Namekians infinite regeneration, if Piccolo won’t get it too. I really want Piccolo to convince the Namekians into fusing with him, although they will probably want to fuse one with another before giving up their power to U7. Piccolo could convince them to lend him their power, so he can wish their people back after the Tournament is over.
If Piccolo gets infinite regeneration and fuses with Saonel and Pirina then Goku has found someone to protect him until he can fight Jiren.
darzap wrote:
Piece of cake, he just has to get his wish against Goku, Frieza, Vegeta and 17.
Piccolo with infinte regeneration and fused with Saonel and Pirina could probably easily beat Frieza, Vegeta and Android 17.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 am

TekTheNinja wrote: High expectations? Dude, Piccolo has knocked out one dude in a forgettable skirmish. I think wanting at least one good fight isn't that high of an expectation bro.
Well yeah, if one was expecting Piccolo would get a new transformation or that Pirina/ Saonel would be stronger than Hit and the big reveals of the arc, which me and namekiansaiyan have debated about, then yeah, I'd say those were pretty high expectations. I hoped for it too, but I didn't expect them.

And I think I need to point out that I'm not particularly paying attention to eliminations. He could've been given smaller no-name characters to add to his performance, but it's not like it would've said anything about his strength level.

The only one I'd say got treated really well was Roshi, but again, that was because no one expected anything of him.
namekiansaiyan wrote: What good moment has Piccolo had? The best thing you can give someone in a tournament is a good fight and elimations and Piccolo is currently last on Universe 7. Everyone seems to be in agreement on this. This talk though is coming because of the preview and I think the preview is fooling everyone. Toei are playing on Piccolo fans' fears.
As I said, I don't need to see him take care of small fry. For what it's worth he dodged kick from a no-name while not even paying attention to it. But I guess it's different for everyone.
namekiansaiyan wrote: 6- 7th Decmeber is when we will get spoilers.
Thanks. Man, that's a lot further away than I expected.

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:29 am

Michsi wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: High expectations? Dude, Piccolo has knocked out one dude in a forgettable skirmish. I think wanting at least one good fight isn't that high of an expectation bro.
Well yeah, if one was expecting Piccolo would get a new transformation or that Pirina/ Saonel would be stronger than Hit and the big reveals of the arc, which me and namekiansaiyan have debated about, then yeah, I'd say those were pretty high expectations. I hoped for it too, but I didn't expect them.

And I think I need to point out that I'm not particularly paying attention to eliminations. He could've been given smaller no-name characters to add to his performance, but it's not like it would've said anything about his strength level.

The only one I'd say got treated really well was Roshi, but again, that was because no one expected anything of him.
namekiansaiyan wrote: What good moment has Piccolo had? The best thing you can give someone in a tournament is a good fight and elimations and Piccolo is currently last on Universe 7. Everyone seems to be in agreement on this. This talk though is coming because of the preview and I think the preview is fooling everyone. Toei are playing on Piccolo fans' fears.
As I said, I don't need to see him take care of small fry. For what it's worth he dodged kick from a no-name while not even paying attention to it. But I guess it's different for everyone.
namekiansaiyan wrote: 6- 7th Decmeber is when we will get spoilers.
Thanks. Man, that's a lot further away than I expected.
Based on the preview for episode 118 they seem strong enough to me as they seem to be powering up quite a lot and I want to see this infinite regeneration. They can't show it and not give it to Piccolo.

I never knew someone could have such low expectations for Piccolo even if he has been treated badly before.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 am

Everybody taks about Infinite Regen. Inbefore it is the ordinary Namekian Regen and Toei just worded it in a very misleading way.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:36 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: I never knew someone could have such low expectations for Piccolo even if he has been treated badly before.
I'm an odd combination of cynicism and hope. Don't get me wrong, I also get bitter about how he is treated these days, but I'll always have DBZ so that helps. :)

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:49 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Can we talk Katopesla for a second? The dude has challenged Frieza,Jiren,17, and Vegeta and has survived them all. Do you think they're saving him for something big?
No. He's fodder.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:08 am

emperior wrote:I feel like it doesn’t make sense to give U6 Namekians infinite regeneration, if Piccolo won’t get it too. I really want Piccolo to convince the Namekians into fusing with him, although they will probably want to fuse one with another before giving up their power to U7. Piccolo could convince them to lend him their power, so he can wish their people back after the Tournament is over.
I hope they tell him hell no and ring his ass out.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Can we talk Katopesla for a second? The dude has challenged Frieza,Jiren,17, and Vegeta and has survived them all. Do you think they're saving him for something big?
No, I thought the same thing about Ribrianne, who kept surviving fights only to not accomplish anything in the end.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:14 am

HeroR wrote:
I hope they tell him hell no and ring his ass out.
What if they're the ones offering because they don't want to die. Pretty much same situation with Nail.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:16 am

Michsi wrote:
What if they're the ones offering because they don't want to die. Pretty much same situation with Nail.
Why would they offer it and betray their universe? Especially when U7 rung out all of U6 outside of Hit. And they don't know Piccolo, unlike Nail who knew about Piccolo from Gohan and Krillin.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:23 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Fuck toei,I am going to place this arc the same as copy vegeta arc.
There are a lot of episodes that I would rate 10/10 but this arc's shortcomings are way much much for me compared to it's good moments.Without going into powerlevels and fights,why is everyone a asshole with negative traits?Yes,It is easier to have such antagonists but it is such a lazy way.Even one piece did a better tournament than this one.
They are douches in order to make U7 likeable,

Kefla in episode 116, Brianne in episode 117 are clear examples.

The only ones that didnt show being douches so far are Obuni and Rozie.

Even Fairy Tail GMG Arc had more tension. If someone like Mashima was in charge at least the secondary cast would have perfect showcasing.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:25 am

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Why would they offer it and betray their universe? Especially when U7 rung out all of U6 outside of Hit. And they don't know Piccolo, unlike Nail who knew about Piccolo from Gohan and Krillin.
C'mon, Nail didn't know Piccolo any more than these two namekians know him. Nail's proposition was fueled solely by his own reasons, meaning staying alive one way or the other, and defeating Freeza. If they really do come close to defeat, them offering themselves for a fusion as a last-ditch effort to survive wouldn't be that surprising. This way at least something of their universe remains in existence, or they just might not be that loyal to U6.

Btw, was your initial post directed at the idea of Piccolo asking someone to be his power-up or the character in general. Never got the impression you were annoyed by his presence.
Last edited by Michsi on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 am

Michsi wrote: C'mon, Nail didn't know Piccolo any more than these two namekians know him. Nail's proposition was fueled solely for his own reason's, meaning staying alive one way or the other, and defeating Freeza. If they really do come close to defeat, them offering themselves for a fusion as a last-ditch effort to survive wouldn't be that surprising. This way at least something of their universe remains in existence, or they just might not be that loyal to U6.
He knew Piccolo and his origins after the Grand Elder read Krillin's mind. That is how he knew about Piccolo once being part of Kami and how powerful would have been if he came complete. These two Namekians know jack shit about Piccolo. Nail fused with Piccolo because he was dying and he wanted to get revenge on Freeza for killing his people. A connection that these U6 Namekians don't have.

And whole thing that the U6 Namekians should sacrifice themselves to Piccolo is just silly.
perucho1990 wrote:
They are douches in order to make U7 likeable,

Kefla in episode 116, Brianne in episode 117 are clear examples.

The only ones that didnt show being douches so far are Obuni and Rozie.

Even Fairy Tail GMG Arc had more tension. If someone like Mashima was in charge at least the secondary cast would have perfect showcasing.
How was Kefla a douche? She acted no more arrogant than any other character in Dragon Ball, especially a fusion. Rib has always been kinda of a jerk, so this isn't new in 117. She tried to cheap shot Goku while he was doing the Spirit Bomb in 109.

How did the Fairy Tail GMG have any tension since the only thing lost is a Guild's ranking? In fact, the whole GMG was a giant ego trip for the winning and the only real tension started after the games when the dragons arrived with Shadow Rouge. And saying that Mashima would give the secondary cast 'perfect showcasing' is laughable since he didn't even give his own character perfect showcasing in his own manga.
Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:34 am

HeroR wrote: He knew Piccolo and his origins after the Grand Elder read Krillin's mind. That is how he knew about Piccolo once being part of Kami and how powerful would have been if he came complete. These two Namekians know jack shit about Piccolo. Nail fused with Piccolo because he was dying and he wanted to get revenge on Freeza for killing his people. A connection that these U6 Namekians don't have.
That's not knowing someone, that's knowing something about someone. They had no real connection aside from both being namekians. Again, Nail had no real reason to like or trust Piccolo, he said as much IIrc. It was a business transaction more than anything else. 'You scratch my back, I scratch yours'- kind of deal.
You can recreate the same sort of situation with the U6 namekians too here.
HeroR wrote:And whole thing that the U6 Namekians should sacrifice themselves to Piccolo is just silly.
I agree. I'm not a fan of the permanent namekian fusion either, but hey, it's a callback to Z, and we know they love those.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 am

Michsi wrote:
That's not knowing someone, that's knowing something about someone. They had no real connection aside from both being namekians. Again, Nail had no real reason to like or trust Piccolo, he said as much IIrc. It was a business transaction more than anything else. 'You scratch my back, I scratch yours'- kind of deal.
You can recreate the same sort of situation with the U6 namekians too here.
HeroR wrote:And whole thing that the U6 Namekians should sacrifice themselves to Piccolo is just silly.
I agree. I'm not a fan of the permanent namekian fusion either, but hey, it's a callback to Z, and we know they love those.
That is knowing someone since he knew what Piccolo was, how he died, and what he was about. More than what can be said about those Namekians who knows crap about Piccolo. Nail trusted Piccolo since he knew Piccolo's history thank the Elder Namek and even Gohan.

The U6 Namekians have no reason to like or trust Piccolo, or betray their universe to him on the vague hope that they may get wished back since what promised do they have that U7 would win or that they would even keep their promised. U7 have no reason to bring them back, unlike Nail who knew Piccolo was going to fight Freeza.

Right, just like Kelfa getting Super Saiyan 3.
Kanassa wrote:

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:39 am

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote: C'mon, Nail didn't know Piccolo any more than these two namekians know him. Nail's proposition was fueled solely for his own reason's, meaning staying alive one way or the other, and defeating Freeza. If they really do come close to defeat, them offering themselves for a fusion as a last-ditch effort to survive wouldn't be that surprising. This way at least something of their universe remains in existence, or they just might not be that loyal to U6.
He knew Piccolo and his origins after the Grand Elder read Krillin's mind. That is how he knew about Piccolo once being part of Kami and how powerful would have been if he came complete. These two Namekians know jack shit about Piccolo. Nail fused with Piccolo because he was dying and he wanted to get revenge on Freeza for killing his people. A connection that these U6 Namekians don't have.

And whole thing that the U6 Namekians should sacrifice themselves to Piccolo is just silly.
It could happen. There is no rule that states u6 getting erased if one of their warriors fuses with piccolo; technically they are still in the ring, so the fusion scenario is very likely. I could imagine one of the nameks being dropped out, piccolo promising the other to resurrect their univeres in case u7 wins (a promise also enforced by the fact that vegeta has a similar agenda), thus the remaining namek accepts fusing with piccolo, meaning u6 is not immediately erased and u7's chances of surviving are directly increased (still better than being the lone warrior fighting for u'6 sake), which indirectly also increases u6's chances of survival, or in case piccolo drops out by the end, resurrection.
Last edited by Arg on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:42 am

Arg wrote:
It could happen. There is no rule that states u6 getting erased if one of their warriors fuses with piccolo; technically they are still in the ring, so the fusion scenario is very likely. I could imagine one of the nameks being dropped out, piccolo promising the other to resurrect their univeres in case u7 wins (a promise also enforced by the fact that vegeta has a similar agenda), thus the remaining namek fusing with piccolo, meaning u6 is not immediately erased and u7's chances of surviving are directly increased (still better than being the lone warrior fighting for u'6 sake), which indirectly also increases u6's chances of survival/resurrection.
There're not still in the ring since Namekian fusion isn't like the god fusion. Once fused, you're fused forever and your consciousness is absorbed into the primary body of the other Namekian. Piccolo only has Nail's memories, but the Namekian known as Nail doesn't exist anymore.

The Namekians have no reason to trust Piccolo, nor Vegeta for that matter.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 am

Michsi wrote:
Saonel and Pirina better not have merged with loads of other Namekians. That is so dark and that is a permanent consequence from this tournament. It also makes them look really really weak. I hope that scene in the preview when we see other Namekians has nothing to do with fusion.

If Piccolo fuses with them then they could easily introduce other Namekians. I want that unlimited regeneration to be something good.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 am

Arg wrote:
HeroR wrote:

It could happen. There is no rule that states u6 getting erased if one of their warriors fuses with piccolo; technically they are still in the ring, so the fusion scenario is very likely. I could imagine one of the nameks being dropped out, piccolo promising the other to resurrect their univeres in case u7 wins (a promise also enforced by the fact that vegeta has a similar agenda), thus the remaining namek accepts fusing with piccolo, meaning u6 is not immediately erased and u7's chances of surviving are directly increased (still better than being the lone warrior fighting for u'6 sake), which indirectly also increases u6's chances of survival, or in case piccolo drops out by the end, resurrection.
With how the Namekian Fusion works, that wouldn't count as the Namekians still being in the ring; it'd be the Namekians committing suicide.

And here are some interesting looking shots I took of the preview. Looks like Pirina will be the one lugging most of the weight in the fight, and in some of these he comes off as pretty intimidating, and Piccolo has the look of someone who's just fucked up.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017