"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7710
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:08 pm

precita wrote:Hell it may be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza and maybe 17 against 3 of them. It'd be like 5 against 3...even if Jiren is much more powerful than everyone.
The final match of the ToP being 4-on-1 (Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Gohan vs. Jiren) would be predictable as hell, but I sure know I would be excited for it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Doesn't take away from what I said about Uub though.
Yea, I won't deny they can always hype Oob to reach current level though would feel like a total BS to me, but that's Super after all.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

I may have to scan through the manga to check, but other than being Buu's reincarnation, is it actually stated that Uub's power when fighting Goku was the same as kid Buu from 10 years ago?

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:10 am

Noah wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:As for everything else, I'm basing that on what we're seeing on-screen. Maybe not so much the him being unable to catch up to the angels thing, but Goku really hasn't shown interest in fighting Hit since Jiren and Toppo were introduced. Hit will be pretty much fodder trash once Goku is capable of mastering Ultra Instinct.
Sorry, but you're wrong:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So a one-off comment that isn't relevant and was never relevant means he's wrong? :roll:

Goku doesn't care about Hit anymore. Like how a child discards an old toy for a new one.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 am

MR.Mark wrote:I may have to scan through the manga to check, but other than being Buu's reincarnation, is it actually stated that Uub's power when fighting Goku was the same as kid Buu from 10 years ago?
I don't think so, all I remember is Goku saying he dosen't know how to use his power but is learning how to as he fights, which leads me to believe he wasn't at kid buu level..
Goku was blocking his attacks at base when god ki enhanced base wasn't a thing too..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:23 am

hardcorefakes wrote:Goku doesn't care about Hit anymore. Like how a child discards an old toy for a new one.
That screenshot says hello. You can take what you will from it, but that remark from Goku shows that he hasn't "lost interest in fighting Hit." You believing it to be insignificant, or something Goku just said for fuck knows what, literally doesn't matter at all given what Goku said from his own words.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:26 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:Goku doesn't care about Hit anymore. Like how a child discards an old toy for a new one.
That screenshot says hello. You can take what you will from it, but that remark from Goku shows that he hasn't "lost interest in fighting Hit." You believing it to be insignificant, or something Goku just said for fuck knows what, literally doesn't matter at all given what Goku said from his own words.
Honestly, if anyone got dumped it was Toppo. Goku went from chasing him around for a rematch, to brushing him off in 110 after he got UI.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:29 am

HeroR wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:Goku doesn't care about Hit anymore. Like how a child discards an old toy for a new one.
That screenshot says hello. You can take what you will from it, but that remark from Goku shows that he hasn't "lost interest in fighting Hit." You believing it to be insignificant, or something Goku just said for fuck knows what, literally doesn't matter at all given what Goku said from his own words.
Honestly, if anyone got dumped it was Toppo. Goku went from chasing him around for a rematch, to brushing him off in 110 after he got UI.
Yeah. It feels like Toei had this whole plot point set up where Toppo would hound Goku for the remainder of the tournament but then abandoned it. The whole "EVIL!" gimmick was immediately dropped the second they met at the ToP.

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:02 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:literally doesn't matter at all given what Goku said from his own words.
No, it's more "the inconsistent writer's words' rather than Goku's words. That's the distinction here. They won't remember this happening, same as they've forgotten other comments different characters have made. Goku has shown no significant signs that he cares about fighting Hit again other than the writers making him say it. But saying it (and only saying it once, by the way) and showing it are two different things.

I doubt Goku fights Hit ever again. I'd be more shocked if Goku expresses a desire to fight Hit again because it would be one of the only times the writers haven't been inconsistent and/or forgetful.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:33 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:literally doesn't matter at all given what Goku said from his own words.
No, it's more "the inconsistent writer's words' rather than Goku's words. That's the distinction here. They won't remember this happening, same as they've forgotten other comments different characters have made. Goku has shown no significant signs that he cares about fighting Hit again other than the writers making him say it. But saying it (and only saying it once, by the way) and showing it are two different things.

I doubt Goku fights Hit ever again. I'd be more shocked if Goku expresses a desire to fight Hit again because it would be one of the only times the writers haven't been inconsistent and/or forgetful.
Technically, didn't he say it twice.

Once in 104 and 72?

Goku will fight Hit again, if Toriyama says in the outline Goku fights Hit. However, seeing that Toriyama is rather forgettful, I doubt that will ever make it to the manuscript.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:41 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Yeah. It feels like Toei had this whole plot point set up where Toppo would hound Goku for the remainder of the tournament but then abandoned it. The whole "EVIL!" gimmick was immediately dropped the second they met at the ToP.
No it wasn't since Toppo was annoyed by Goku in 96 since he wanted to finished their fight while Toppo was fighting for the sake of his universe. It was also never suggested that Toppo would hound Goku, only that Toppo saw him as an evil bastard. And Toppo still sees Goku that way since he had no problem with Jiren seemingly killing Goku in 110.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:28 am

HeroR wrote:And Toppo still sees Goku that way since he had no problem with Jiren seemingly killing Goku in 110.
No one did other than U7. Everyone else saw it as just another troublesome fighter being eliminated, and from his own attack, mind you.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:37 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:And Toppo still sees Goku that way since he had no problem with Jiren seemingly killing Goku in 110.
No one did other than U7. Everyone else saw it as just another troublesome fighter being eliminated, and from his own attack, mind you.
That's because the other universes see Goku as an asshole. Remember, this is the same person who dared the gods to bring their best fighters so he can beat them up.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:52 am

HeroR wrote:That's because the other universes see Goku as an asshole. Remember, this is the same person who dared the gods to bring their best fighters so he can beat them up.
That only applies to the gods, Toppo, and the rest of the Pride Troopers who Toppo presumably told about Goku's antics at the exhibition matches. The mortals from those other universes see Goku as they see anyone else who opposes their universes - an enemy. "Nothin personnel" but it must be done if they wanna survive.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:59 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:That's because the other universes see Goku as an asshole. Remember, this is the same person who dared the gods to bring their best fighters so he can beat them up.
That only applies to the gods, Toppo, and the rest of the Pride Troopers who Toppo presumably told about Goku's antics at the exhibition matches. The mortals from those other universes see Goku as they see anyone else who opposes their universes - an enemy. "Nothin personnel" but it must be done if they wanna survive.
Not really the case since several universes pulled a circle jerk on U7 in 97.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Khandom101
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Khandom101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 am

Hey guys, who do you think would win in a fight between Goku ssbkkx20 (excluding UI) and Hit (unrestrained). My bets on Hit due him giving Jiren a more challenging fight while Goku ssbkkx20 was reduced to fodder level and do you think Hit was restrained fighting with his full capabilities against Jiren due to the No Killing rule. Also I'm one of those guys who thinks Hit is still in the tournament. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:26 am

HeroR wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:That's because the other universes see Goku as an asshole. Remember, this is the same person who dared the gods to bring their best fighters so he can beat them up.
That only applies to the gods, Toppo, and the rest of the Pride Troopers who Toppo presumably told about Goku's antics at the exhibition matches. The mortals from those other universes see Goku as they see anyone else who opposes their universes - an enemy. "Nothin personnel" but it must be done if they wanna survive.
Not really the case since several universes pulled a circle jerk on U7 in 97.
Wasn't about Goku though. It was because of Gohan and his "plan" to remain together, which attracted their enemies. Plus, one of them was Lavender, who had a personal vendetta against Gohan from their previous match.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Wasn't about Goku though. It was because of Gohan and his "plan" to remain together, which attracted their enemies. Plus, one of them was Lavender, who had a personal vendetta against Gohan from their previous match.
It was about U7 in general, who the other universes don't like because of Goku. It wasn't about Gohan's plan that brought them over, it was the fact that a bunch of people from an universe they don't like were all in one place.

Lavender had a grudged against all of U7. And his grudged against Gohan wasn't all that personal since he dumped Gohan to attack Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:43 am

HeroR wrote:It was about U7 in general, who the other universes don't like because of Goku. It wasn't about Gohan's plan that brought them over, it was the fact that a bunch of people from an universe they don't like were all in one place.

Lavender had a grudged against all of U7. And his grudged against Gohan wasn't all that personal since he dumped Gohan to attack Goku.
No other universe (mortal wise) aside from U11 or U9 had a reason to bare grudges against U7 because they didn't know how Goku related to the situation. To them, he was just another enemy. Unless you want to speculate that the gods who attended the exhibitions told their fighters about Goku in particular, then that's on you but all it'd be is speculation without zero ground to fall on other than they attacked U7 which is what they had to do to begin with.

Also I just said his circle is what attracted the enemies. If most of a universe's fighters are in one spot, better have at them. Best chance at survival. Lavender in that particular scene was focused on Gohan as he said he would pay him back for "last time." A grudge was there for a particular person, no matter the scale which is what my point is.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:43 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:It was about U7 in general, who the other universes don't like because of Goku. It wasn't about Gohan's plan that brought them over, it was the fact that a bunch of people from an universe they don't like were all in one place.

Lavender had a grudged against all of U7. And his grudged against Gohan wasn't all that personal since he dumped Gohan to attack Goku.
No other universe (mortal wise) aside from U11 or U9 had a reason to bare grudges against U7 because they didn't know how Goku related to the situation. To them, he was just another enemy. Unless you want to speculate that the gods who attended the exhibitions told their fighters about Goku in particular, then that's on you but all it'd be is speculation without zero ground to fall on other than they attacked U7 which is what they had to do to begin with.

Also I just said his circle is what attracted the enemies. If most of a universe's fighters are in one spot, better have at them. Best chance at survival. Lavender in that particular scene was focused on Gohan as he said he would pay him back for "last time." A grudge was there for a particular person, no matter the scale which is what my point is.
That makes no sense ? Why would it increase your chances at survival to attack a group working together rather than pick off the stragglers ? This tournament isn't even about how many people eliminate, it's about how many people survive.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6153
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:50 am

I wonder, with that creepy shot of the namekian line up, i'm reminded of that episode in Z where Goku was imagining Vegeta talking about their dwindling race during the Frieda fight.

MMaybe with the differing histories, the Namekians are close to becoming extinct like the the Uni 7 ;saiyans
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Post Reply