"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:41 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:At least be happy that Piccolo will have a showstealer fight this Saturday, the equivalent of what Piccolo vs 17 was in Z.
Not possible if Gohan is involved and dominating the fight.

When is Piccolo's memorable solo fight going to happen?
If Roshi gets one then there is no excuse for Piccolo not to get one.

I don't care what anyone says, under no circumstances should Roshi, 17 and 18 be getting better treatment and screen time then Piccolo does.
Why shouldn't they get better screentime? I'm just curious. I don't have a strong opinion of it personally.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:At least be happy that Piccolo will have a showstealer fight this Saturday, the equivalent of what Piccolo vs 17 was in Z.

I don't care what anyone says, under no circumstances should Roshi, 17 and 18 be getting better treatment and screen time then Piccolo does.
Because you said so ? why are you so surprised though ? i remember people used to tell you not to expect Piccolo to be an mvp or get a special big treatment especially how he's been treated many times in the past. i don't get why you act like this is new. sure 18 and Roshi got suprisingly great treatment in this arc but 17 was expected to shine more than him for the start.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Why shouldn't they get better screentime? I'm just curious. I don't have a strong opinion of it personally.
Lapislettuce wrote:
Because you said so ? why are you so surprised though ? i remember people used to tell you not to expect Piccolo to be an mvp or get a special big treatment especially how he's been treated many times in the past. i don't get why you act like this is new. sure 18 and Roshi got suprisingly great treatment in this arc but 17 was expected to shine more than him for the start.
There is a natural order to these things simple as that. Just like how you expect Vegeta to fall short to Goku or Tien, Krillin and Roshi going out first.

After Goku and Vegeta come Gohan and Piccolo.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Kagari wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:Gohan hasn't done anything of note in the T.o.P and people still don't want him to get some eliminations, whatt? :lol:
His best feats were beating and struggled for like 2 minutes before eliminating Obuni.
He really can't go further without 'stealing the spotlight' from Piccolo, and there's people saying his role is fan service, wow :?
IDK about you guys, but as a fan of Gohan, I'm pretty disappointed, he couldn't even deal with I.T
His momentum completely died in the water. He's had a few sparkles of something good, but other than that very forgettable. Not surprised though since every build up he's gotten in Super has led to disappointment XD. Though at least this time he followed through instead of "Will he, won't he?"
Depends on what they do with him in the remainder of the climax. He's been fighting the Namekians since the special and they're finally bringing that around to the main focus. The small scenes we saw up until now were short but good. Ie, Gohan protecting Piccolo for once.

The question remains what they'll do with him after this since they're placing the final fighters of another universe on him once again. That sort of drama and character focus could be good if they pull it off well.
It's just I have no reason to care about anything going on in the next episode besides "Hey look a couple people I like are fighting....yay....I guess.....
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:51 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

lapislettuce wrote:
There is a natural order to these things simple as that. Just like how you expect Vegeta to fall short to Goku or Tien, Krillin and Roshi going out first.

After Goku and Vegeta come Gohan and Piccolo.
Nope after Goku and Vegeta comes Piccolo getting trashed again and sacraficing himself for Gohan. get that right.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:52 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Kagari wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
His momentum completely died in the water. He's had a few sparkles of something good, but other than that very forgettable. Not surprised though since every build up he's gotten in Super has led to disappointment XD. Though at least this time he followed through instead of "Will he, won't he?"
Depends on what they do with him in the remainder of the climax. He's been fighting the Namekians since the special and they're finally bringing that around to the main focus. The small scenes we saw up until now were short but good. Ie, Gohan protecting Piccolo for once.

The question remains what they'll do with him after this since they're placing the final fighters of another universe on him once again. That sort of drama and character focus could be good if they pull it off well.
It's just I have no reason to care about anything going on in the next episode besides "Hey look a couple people I like are fighting....yay....I guess.....
That basically describes this tournament as a whole now.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Account finally got activated been waiting to finally discuss stuff. Enjoyed 117 a lot more than I thought I would, quite liked 18 fighting giga Ribrianne at the end even though it was sorta anticlimactic. Can't wait for the spoilers tomorrow to see which universe is getting erased.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Kagari wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Kagari wrote: Depends on what they do with him in the remainder of the climax. He's been fighting the Namekians since the special and they're finally bringing that around to the main focus. The small scenes we saw up until now were short but good. Ie, Gohan protecting Piccolo for once.

Almost every character of note is now eliminated, with now most of what's left merely just being obstacles rather than characters. The format makes it difficult to have interesting opposition, and when they do, 90% of it goes to Goku. Obuni coulda been something interesting, but he was just some guy until *Gasp* he has a family too....like probably a lot of other people in this tournament. Can't feel bad when there's no sentimental value to his family. Perhaps if Universe 10 ditched the stupid gag they had going during the recruiting, we coulda had something to build him up to this.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Kagari wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Almost every character of note is now eliminated, with now most of what's left merely just being obstacles rather than characters. The format makes it difficult to have interesting opposition, and when they do, 90% of it goes to Goku. Obuni coulda been something interesting, but he was just some guy until *Gasp* he has a family too....like probably a lot of other people in this tournament. Can't feel bad when there's no sentimental value to his family. Perhaps if Universe 10 ditched the stupid gag they had going during the recruiting, we coulda had something to build him up to this.
That's the problem I have with Murichim and Niggirishi. If they were going to be fodder, then why waste time showing them? Hell you could've had the Murichim scene still be in, but then have Gowasu go to a planet and recruit Obuni and Rubalto because he feels his team is lackluster. There we'd get to see Obuni's family and he makes a promise to them that he'd win so his baby can have world to live in.

Universe 3 could've had Katopesla or Paparoni be the main focus. Why did they even use Niggirishi if Paparoni is the one controlling the robots and lools like a scientist? It's stupid.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Slow down there.

Orb

Post by Orb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 am

Info about Super Saiyans from Tori's Q/A from Herms' Translation:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/936083144402288640

Guess Bardock ain't the OG Super Saiyan lol

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:24 am

Lionel wrote:Here's a question. No one called for the U6 Saiyan girls to be portioned out to both Goku and Vegeta. Why is Piccolo having to share his first and only combat encounter with members of his species? Pragmatism and strength aside, it kind of bothers me that this once in a long time opportunity for Piccolo is being divided with someone else like this. Roshi of all people was offered four separate one-on-one encounters with competitors in several episodes. Four! #18 is somehow still holding onto viability despite already have several important fights in multiple episodes, one of them being with the most prominent fighter of Universe 2. The most Piccolo has received on his own is a two-note scuffle with virtually no choreography or screentime against Rubalt and a brief standoff with Jirasen that resulted in the guy being comically propelled out of the ring by Ribrianne as collateral.

Gohan holds a high probability for continuing on into later episodes and partaking in more fights. Most fans consider Saonel and Pirina to be Piccolo's biggest moment of the tournament before he's tossed out to cheer with the spectator crew.
Yes we have. We saw people wanting Vegeta to fight Kale, or Gohan fight Kale, while Goku get Cali. I also saw people wanting Vegeta fight Cali while Goku gets Kale.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 am

Nice to know that the “original super saiyan” also happens to be the original “super saiyan god” and it’s also nice to finally know his name too and how it ties in to Beerus’ prophetic dream and the namekian book of legends. His name is “Yamoshi”.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:34 am

Orb wrote:Info about Super Saiyans from Tori's Q/A from Herms' Translation:

Interesting lore drop here. Not a fan of the "S Cell" midichlorian business, not so much because I care myself, but because I know the Youtube hot-take crowd will have a field day.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:47 am

Kataphrut wrote:

Interesting lore drop here. Not a fan of the "S Cell" midichlorian business, not so much because I care myself, but because I know the Youtube hot-take crowd will have a field day.
Can't be no worse then how they butchered Cabba's 'tingle back' explanation.

Which still pissed me off. Cabba explained that you need anger to go Super Saiyan the first time and every other time you feel a tingle in your backside before transform. How did the fandom read that, despite having the freaking subs in their faces:

"You need anger to go Super Saiyan the first time and every other time you feel a tingle in your backside before transform."
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:57 am

HeroR wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:

Can't be no worse then how they butchered Cabba's 'tingle back' explanation.

Which still pissed me off. Cabba explained that you need anger to go Super Saiyan the first time and every other time you feel a tingle in your backside before transform. How did the fandom read that, despite having the freaking subs in their faces:

"You need anger to go Super Saiyan the first time and every other time you feel a tingle in your backside before transform."
Beats me
Not like this fanbase is known for common sense and rationality

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am

Kanassa wrote:

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:05 am

Here are the full translations Image

Feels over Reals.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 am

So the Original/Legendary Super Saiyan and Yamoshi are the same person?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!