"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:17 am

YonedgeHP wrote:So the Original/Legendary Super Saiyan and Yamoshi are the same person?
Yes and no. Yamoshi is the original Super Saiyan, but he didn't become a Super Saiyan God. The legend of Super Saiyan God did come from his wondering spirit looking for six righteous Saiyans.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 am

It's good to finally have an answer to why Goten and Trunks could reach it so easily compared to the others. Sure most thought the same thing but now we have actual confirmation from the author himself.

I wonder if this talk about the first Ssj and how it's reached will come up in Super sometime like during a potential Sadal arc. Regardless, at least it's not Bardock.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:19 am

HeroR wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:So the Original/Legendary Super Saiyan and Yamoshi are the same person?
Yes and no. Yamoshi is the original Super Saiyan, but he didn't become a Super Saiyan God. The legend of Super Saiyan God did come from his wondering spirit looking for six righteous Saiyans.
Same thing. Yamoshi is our guy. Both legends are about him and he transformed into both.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:19 am

Opening the can of worms but does Toriyama acknowledging Battle of Gods and The Namekian Book of Legends mean Super is canon?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Same thing. Yamoshi is our guy. Both legends are about him and he transformed into both.
He didn't become a Super Saiyan God, only a Super Saiyan. Only the legend of the ritual through his spirit. He called the Super Saiyan God a 'new savior'.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 am

sintzu wrote:Regardless, at least it's not Bardock.
It actually doesn't affect anything regarding to Bardock. You know, Bardock was never meant to be the Legendary Super Saiyan known to Saiyans because... Well, there were no Saiyans to witness his transformation.

All that was revealed here was the name of the Legendary Super Saiyan that is known to Saiyans. Bardock is the one known to Freeza's race. We're still in square one.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:22 am

MaskedRider wrote:Opening the can of worms but does Toriyama acknowledging Battle of Gods and The Namekian Book of Legends mean Super is canon?
Retelling the movies was his idea and it seems like the book of legends was as well.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:24 am

Never thought we'd get Midichlorians, but here we are. Nano-Midichlorians Son!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:25 am

Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 am

Grimlock wrote:
It actually doesn't affect anything regarding to Bardock. You know, Bardock was never meant to be the Legendary Super Saiyan known to Saiyans because... Well, there were no Saiyans to witness his transformation.

All that was revealed here was the name of the Legendary Super Saiyan that is known to Saiyans. Bardock is the one known to Freeza's race. We're still in square one.
Why would we assumed that Freeza's clan wouldn't know the original legend instead of some story from a 'What If'?
Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 am

Could you please rewrite your sentence/question? I couldn't understand you at all.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:35 am

Grimlock wrote:Could you please rewrite your sentence/question? I couldn't understand you at all.
I did rewrite it.
Kanassa wrote:

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:36 am

HeroR wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

Why would we assumed that Freeza's clan wouldn't know the original legend instead of some story from a 'What If'?
Well, I mean technically nothing in Episode of Bardock contradicted the manga... :yawn:

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 am

Yamoshi didn't lose as a SS, he was holding back

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 am

Yamoshi is a nice piece of lore, it's kinda cool how his spirit became a legend forming the base of the "Super Saiyan God" even if this makes zero sense. I rewatched (in the anime) Shenlong explaining the SS God legend and there's nothing conflicting with this, so hooray for that. The movie explanation wouldn't fit though (Shenlong says the og SS God actually existed, and fought in planet Vegeta).

S Cells is a piece of crap tho.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 am

HeroR wrote:I did rewrite it.

Then I'll just reply with what I already said:
Grimlock wrote:It actually doesn't affect anything regarding to Bardock. You know, Bardock was never meant to be the Legendary Super Saiyan known to Saiyans because... Well, there were no Saiyans to witness his transformation.

This new information doesn't affect Episode of Bardock at all.
Sandubadear wrote:The movie explanation wouldn't fit though (Shenlong says the og SS God actually existed, and fought in planet Vegeta)..
Which means Yamoshi's spirit did find the six righteous Saiyans somehow and one of them is the one we saw in the movie's flashback. There's nothing wrong here.

~ Day of the Machines ~

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:43 am

Toryiama the next George Lucas?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 am

I am quite confused here, his spirit wandered around in search of 6 good Saiyans? How, don't they go to heaven..

How does his spirit know about the six Saiyans thing and why only 6?
Why does his spirit being there make it super Saiyan God?

Berrus sensed his sprit? What..
But Goku transformed into SSG not that guy, how does that work? Especially if vegeta can attain god ki with his own training..
Does that also mean Goku has that guy's spirit inside him, it is said berrus sensed his spirit and confirmed what he sensed earlier was Goku
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 am

precita wrote:Toryiama the next George Lucas?
Toriyama is changing things around and adding to the established manga but unlike Lucas we can still just read and talk about the manga if we want, Toriyama isn't having it all pulled from the market to change it up to how he thinks it should be viewed and talked about.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:53 am

I don’t know how to feel about this S-Cell things, it’s basically midichlorians although in true DB fashion it seems like Saiyans can increase their S-Cells somehow. It also confirms Goku transformed due to his pure heart and high battle power.

I’m very, very interested in Yamoshi. I wish they could do a movie about him written by Toriyama! It’s also nice to see him acknowledging Super’s anime only stuff, considering many of us thought the Namekian Book was just a throwaway line. Hope for Namekian fans to get more out of it in the future?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical