"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 am

I can totally see a 1h special now about the Original SSJ/SSG

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
sintzu wrote: I hope they don't end up saying Goku is really a reincarnation of him and that's how he's able to do what he does.
You mean like what happened with Naruto and Sasugay? Hopefully not.
I mean, the SSG ritual happened, berrus sensed that guy's spirit and confirmed this is the SSG he was talking about when he saw Goku..
Everything is pointing towards him being the reincarnation
Not really since any one of the Saiyans in the ritual, except Pan for obvious reasons, could have become the Super Saiyan God at that moment. Goku just happened to be chosen.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:I can totally see a 1h special now about the Original SSJ/SSG
So that's what the 2018 movie is gonna be about eh..
It's a possibility at least..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 am

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: You mean like what happened with Naruto and Sasugay? Hopefully not.
I mean, the SSG ritual happened, berrus sensed that guy's spirit and confirmed this is the SSG he was talking about when he saw Goku..
Not really since any one of the Saiyans in the ritual, except Pan for obvious reasons, could have become the Super Saiyan God at that moment. Goku just happened to be chosen.
I specifically am basing this on berrus confirming the SSG he saw in his dream indeed was Goku..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: I mean, the SSG ritual happened, berrus sensed that guy's spirit and confirmed this is the SSG he was talking about when he saw Goku..
I specifically am basing this on berrus confirming the SSG he saw in his dream indeed was Goku..
When did he say that the Super Saiyan God in his dream was Goku specifically and not just the form itself?
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 am

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
When did he say that the Super Saiyan God in his dream was Goku specifically and not just the form itself?
Well, he didn't say it's just the form either..
There's very real possibility this can lead to a reincarnation situation..

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:40 am

HeroR wrote:
I will keep responding simply because I don't like misinformation. If you're going to hate something, at least hate it for the correct reasons.

Toriyama said that Goten 'probably' got a lot of S-Cells from his dad, meaning he left a lot of wiggle room for himself if that turned out not to be the case.
What misinfo are you on about? The back tingly sensation is a fact, you're literally just trying to prove a point by being literal because you dont like my opinion on the back tingly bs. Hate it for the correct reason? Why the hell should I have a correct reason based on whats "correct" for you? People can hate anything regardless of the reason, hate is an emotion not based on just logic.

Again what are you trying to get across? You're reaching just to have a nonsensical debate again.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:50 am

Well this is interesting. It puts the Super Saiyan inheritance theory back into play. Will that affect choices made in the future? Probably not, but it's something to think about. I'm talking about Pan and Bulla inheriting tons of S-cells because of the amount of them Ultimate Gohan and Blue Vegeta should have, of course. I'm also really happy to have something concrete (Yamoshi) to use against some of the ridiculous Bardock claims some fans have made up.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:51 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I want to see Yamoshi, his soul is still wandering around right?
Haha here you go have you forgotten about this guy?

This is him now. Feel old yet?
Last edited by Sandubadear on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:51 am

Ki Breaker wrote:But he was Killed by Saiyans.. not demons.. unless we have another lore drop here that people sufficiently bad can be considered demons..

So, his spirit, in spirit form, found 5 Saiyans with him being the 6th and then transformed into SSG somehow? How did he know they gotta pour their hearts into him, and didn't the interview straight up stated he searched for 6 Saiyans, does that mean he possessed one of the Saiyan's body that time..

So, his spirit is still wandering around right? I mean the SSG ritual is still valid so it has to be..
But that leaves how Vegeta attains god ki..
Piccolo Daimaõ was a demon and a Namekian. My theory is that the qualifier is being 100% evil, what ever that means in Dragon Ball. Maybe those Saiyans or one Saiyan in particular who killed him was/were so evil to be considered demons. Just a theory.

Basically his spirit needs to re-enact his revolution which ended his life(find 6 good Saiyans, one being his replacement). I don't believe he possessed anyone, more like he's summoned/called/what have you and if all the conditions are met a Super Saiyan God is born.

He probably is. One of those curses, if that's the correct word, the spirit didn't fulfil his goal in the mortal realm so he's forced to try and make it happen for all eternity.
Vegeta either got it by the ritual or the same way Beerus and other Hakaishins got it. I'm leaning on the latter because of the training with Whis.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:52 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: I specifically am basing this on berrus confirming the SSG he saw in his dream indeed was Goku..
Well, he didn't say it's just the form either..
There's very real possibility this can lead to a reincarnation situation..
Just to be sure, do you mean the retelling or the movie Battle of Gods?
SansrivaaL wrote: What misinfo are you on about? The back tingly sensation is a fact, you're literally just trying to prove a point by being literal because you dont like my opinion on the back tingly bs. Hate it for the correct reason? Why the hell should I have a correct reason based on whats "correct" for you? People can hate anything regardless of the reason, hate is an emotion not based on just logic.

Again what are you trying to get across? You're reaching just to have a nonsensical debate again.
That wasn't my point. You wrote your sentence in a way that suggested that the back tingle was the way to become a Super Saiyan like the S-Cells and the S-Cells explanation was cooler. Which wasn't what was said about the back tingle. The back tingle was specifically talking about the process after one achieved Super Saiyan the first time and how it feels, while S-Cell influence the actual transformation and not a feeling, so they're not the same thing.

I don't care if you hate or loved the 'back tingle' or whatever. I was simply correcting that back tingle and S-Cells were the same thing. If that wasn't what you meant, then I do apologized for that.

I am not, but believe whatever you want.
Sandubadear wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I want to see Yamoshi, his soul is still wandering around right?

To be clear, that is anime only. In the manga, the Great Ape and Super Saiyan is never mentioned or seen together.
Kanassa wrote:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:01 am

HeroR wrote: To be clear, that is anime only. In the manga, the Great Ape and Super Saiyan is never mentioned or seen together.
The anime doesn't even mention that the Super Saiyan was also transformed into Great Ape, that is just a misconception that the fandom has.

That is, technically, Yamoshi.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 am

Ki Breaker wrote: I mean, the SSG ritual happened, berrus sensed that guy's spirit and confirmed this is the SSG he was talking about when he saw Goku..
That's the problem with bringing back old franchises, the creatores don't have the same creativity they once had so they end up doing none sense and changing things to justify its return only to ruin what was already greatly established.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 am

LightBing wrote: Basically his spirit needs to re-enact his revolution which ended his life(find 6 good Saiyans, one being his replacement). I don't believe he possessed anyone, more like he's summoned/called/what have you and if all the conditions are met a Super Saiyan God is born..
So, if his spirit is summoned when 6 good Saiyans meet and conditions fullfil, he isn't the the original SSG but the reason why such a thing exists right? Because if he didn't posses anyone he sure didn't go SSG but another unnamed Saiyan went SSG first, after all no such form existed before he died

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 am

So this somewhat legitimizes all the "super saiyan sperm" theories everyone had? I guess that's sort of cool...

I hope to god there's no stupid reincarnation thing going on with Goku and Yamoshi. If it pulls a Naruto, I'll be very disappointed.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:15 am

Sandubadear wrote:
HeroR wrote: To be clear, that is anime only. In the manga, the Great Ape and Super Saiyan is never mentioned or seen together.
The anime doesn't even mention that the Super Saiyan was also transformed into Great Ape, that is just a misconception that the fandom has.

That is, technically, Yamoshi.
The anime kinda makes the connection since it is a Golden Great Ape and GT more more less said that the original Super Saiyan form was that and it evolved to Super Saiyan 4.

I guess you could call that ape Yamoshi, from a butchered legend of him.
MajinMan wrote:So this somewhat legitimizes all the "super saiyan sperm" theories everyone had? I guess that's sort of cool...

I hope to god there's no stupid reincarnation thing going on with Goku and Yamoshi. If it pulls a Naruto, I'll be very disappointed.
Sorta. Goku and Vegeta 'may' have given Goten and Trunks a lot of S-Cells so they could go Super Saiyan easily, but they could have also gotten the S-Cell from being born on Earth, their gentle nature, being born tailless, and being hybrids. In other words, a mixed of nature and nurture.
Kanassa wrote:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:19 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
LightBing wrote: Basically his spirit needs to re-enact his revolution which ended his life(find 6 good Saiyans, one being his replacement). I don't believe he possessed anyone, more like he's summoned/called/what have you and if all the conditions are met a Super Saiyan God is born..
So, if his spirit is summoned when 6 good Saiyans meet and conditions fullfil, he isn't the the original SSG but the reason why such a thing exists right? Because if he didn't posses anyone he sure didn't go SSG but another unnamed Saiyan went SSG first, after all no such form existed before he died
Yup, pretty much. That's my interpretation.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 am

HeroR wrote: That wasn't my point. You wrote your sentence in a way that suggested that the back tingle was the way to become a Super Saiyan like the S-Cells and the S-Cells explanation was cooler. Which wasn't what was said about the back tingle. The back tingle was specifically talking about the process after one achieved Super Saiyan the first time and how it feels, while S-Cell influence the actual transformation and not a feeling, so they're not the same thing.

I don't care if you hate or loved the 'back tingle' or whatever. I was simply correcting that back tingle and S-Cells were the same thing. If that wasn't what you meant, then I do apologized for that.

I am not, but believe whatever you want.
That explains it, I wasnt saying they were the same, I was sayin I liked the s cell thing more than the back tingly stuff, the back tingly is the process on how to become a SSJ, the s cell thing is something they need to have prior to the back tingly, they're different.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:26 am

Sandubadear wrote:

For a moyashi he's buff as hell... Time flies.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:53 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:I can totally see a 1h special now about the Original SSJ/SSG
So that's what the 2018 movie is gonna be about eh..
It's a possibility at least..
That.. And a potential Beerus/Champa backstory, revealing their origins, race, etc. That would be cool aswell!