"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Wow. A lot happened while I was asleep.

RE: New Saiyan lore from Toriyama
- I find it quite cool, to be honest. Yeah, the S-Cells are basically Midichlorians 2.0, but it at least explains why the likes of Goten, Trunks, Cabba, Caulifla and Kale could become Super Saiyans as easily as they did. No harm, no foul. As far as I'm concerned.
- I'm really happy that the Namekian Book of Legends wasn't a throwaway line. It actually has some meaning in terms of lore. Cool beans.
- Everything surrounding Yamoshi sounds incredibly intriguing. I find it very compelling that the Original Super Saiyan, as well as the Original Super Saiyan God, are tied together in some way. I would love to see an OVA or TV special expand on that bit of lore. It could tell a potentially great story.

RE: Spoilers for future episodes
- I'm so sad that Universe 6 are gonna bite the big one in the upcoming episode. I just hope that the Universe 6 Namekians can at least go out with a great battle and have an episode dedicated towards them. I really, really, really hope they are delicate in handling Beerus' reaction to his brother being erased. But given Beerus has beone of the more consistently well written members of the cast, I hold high hopes.
- I hope that Universe 4 getting serious means they'll put up an actual challenge and it's not just hyperbole. But with Universe 7 supposedly losing another member in the episode following that one, I have a bit more confidence that the heavy hitters from the other underutilised universes are going to be coming out of the woodwork to pose a serious threat.
- I think, to put over Universe 4 as credible universe, especially in battle in the final stages of the Tournament Of Power, the show will pull a major shock and have a member from Universe 4 eliminate someone like Gohan or Android 17.
The only shock loss would be Goku. He is the only person Beerus cares about on his team and the only person who Jiren could find a challlenege.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:35 am

Even though we know Goku wont be eliminated, whoever targets Goku will be eliminated :lol:

Gamisaras should be the sacrificial lamb.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:36 am

perucho1990 wrote: A more memorable case was the one in Bleach in 2012, the whole incident with Byakuya, which caused a lot of Bleach fans to harass Kubo on twitter to the point he was forced to do changes to the story.

I'm somehow expecting rage from the casual fans once U6 gets deleted, poor Toshio is going to get blasted to death(even though its not his fault).
That was never confirmed, and it's never been anything but fan speculation that he changed something because of outrage. There was massive outrage after Gin and Ulquiorra too, also super popular characters, but nothing changed there. He plainly stated in interviews that he always did what he wanted, so I doubt fan push had any part of it. And he had no problem admitting he chose to have some characters stick around for longer due to popularity, for example Grimmjow, but we never got any statement regarding Byakuya.

Having said that, I'm not really for fans dictating the course of the story, even if I too am unhappy with how things are going. Feel like fandoms have become a little too aware of how much sway they have over creators and sometimes go overboard with their demands.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 am

This interview has some interesting lore, especially Yamoshi's story. What if Yamoshi's spirit is summoned everytime the Super Saiyan God ritual is done, so in fact the Super Saiyan God form is Yamoshi's soul, how does that work? What if an Earthling is injected with a lot of S-Cells? (like what happened in Naruto with the Sharingan). The interview left left too many questions and so few answers.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:48 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:You mean like what happened with Naruto and Sasugay? Hopefully not.
This is not an appropriate way to talk here or anywhere else.
Got so used to calling Sasuke as Sasugay I honestly forgot the difference :lol: anyways is name calling a character considered inappropriate now in here? cause users here had name called characters before but never got singled out.
The real problem is that 'gay' is used an an insult or in a demeaning way. Not so much that you corrupted the name itself to something insulting. At least that is how I'm reading it.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:50 am

perucho1990 wrote:Even though we know Goku wont be eliminated, whoever targets Goku will be eliminated :lol:
Nah, the cicadas will most likely eliminate Goku, shocking everyone in the ToP and us :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Noah wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Even though we know Goku wont be eliminated, whoever targets Goku will be eliminated :lol:
Nah, the cicadas will most likely eliminate Goku, shocking everyone in the ToP and us :)
He then gets reinstated due to the Bugs not officially being in the tournament as they are not on the Godpad. They need more fake tension.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Shouldn't the title for 119 read "A New Victim For Universe 7?" Because regardless of what those bugs do you know it's going to happen. :lol:

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 pm

The namekian book of legends was this also mentioned in the anime or manga?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

HeroR wrote: The real problem is that 'gay' is used an an insult or in a demeaning way. Not so much that you corrupted the name itself to something insulting. At least that is how I'm reading it.
Gay is only an insult when you use it on someone who's straight just as using ''he/him'' when referring to a female.
Thats like saying if I call Cauli a ''dude'' I'm using the word dude as an insult therefore degrading the dudes out there...
Jesus, it was just a joke, I dont think I can keep up with what they want from a member :lol: and thus I'm now signing out.
Cant be in a place that cant take jokes and being too anal about stuffs, I'm a simple minded guy, making jokes and jabs is in my nature.
Bye guys, its been fun. :wave:

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:23 pm

not sure why people are so broken up about u6 being erased. We know everyone especially u6 is gonna be wished back once this tournament ends

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:The namekian book of legends was this also mentioned in the anime or manga?
Mentioned in the anime

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 pm

I literally love the new bits of information from Toriyama. They are just awesome.
In a single interview he has explained:
- Why Goku never transformed when he got enraged before Freeza killed Krillin.
- Why the kids were able to go Super Saiyan so easily, and the same probably applies to U6 Saiyans.
- Some awesome lore about the first Super Saiyan, who, as I expected, was also connected with Super Saiyan God. Although it's still a mystery if Goku was or wasn't the first Super Saiyan God, because the ritual may be about infonding Yamoshi's spirit in a Saiyan. I really hope we will get a movie about Yamoshi and all this Saiyan lore, which could come along with Sadala arc to really give us a ton of information about Saiyans. Please, please let it happen Toriyama!
- Give some interesting bits about Saiyan lore, such as there being engineers in the non-fighters and the infiltration babies also being chosen from the weakest Saiyans.

This also explains why Goku Black was able to transform into a Super Saiyan so easily, and makes me believe that Kale has some sort of S-Cells mutation, while Caulifla probably has a lot S-Cells, but fewer than Goten and Trunks and she is prodigious because she could understand the back-tingle thing easily which Kale couldn't.
S-Cells are just an awesome explanation because, unlike Midichlorians, every Saiyan can increase the number of S-Cells in his body. My current headcanon is that those S-Cells also get acquired through Zenkai boosts.
I don't get why someone would literally hate this explanation. I can see why Midichlorians weren't well liked by the Star Wars fandom but that was a completely different case than what we got. Do you guys still believe someone like Bardock wouldn't be able to become incredibly strong if he was resurrected? Through many battles and training, I definitely think he would get stronger and achieve many Super Saiyan transformations. While in Star Wars we know guys like Han Solo would have never been able to become Jedis.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:35 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:not sure why people are so broken up about u6 being erased. We know everyone especially u6 is gonna be wished back once this tournament ends
Sorry, but I don't know what your talking about. Nobody is 'broken' about U6 being erased, but happy that Caulifla and Kale will be erased, but not good unfortunately
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:37 pm

SansrivaaL wrote: Gay is only an insult when you use it on someone who's straight just as using ''he/him'' when referring to a female.
Thats like saying if I call Cauli a ''dude'' I'm using the word dude as an insult therefore degrading the dudes out there...
Jesus, it was just a joke, I dont think I can keep up with what they want from a member :lol: and thus I'm now signing out.
Cant be in a place that cant take jokes and being too anal about stuffs, I'm a simple minded guy, making jokes and jabs is in my nature.
Bye guys, its been fun. :wave:
This quote comes to mind reading your statement:

"The right to determine if it is a slur belongs to those have been insulted, not the one who made the insult."

In other words, you really don't get to decide if someone shouldn't be insulted by your words or how you view a word as not being insulting, which is partly why you got in trouble for you usage of the word 'bitch'. I am not gay, but I know people who are homosexual who don't like people using the word 'gay' like that. So at least be respectful to that instead of trying to say 'you shouldn't be offended'.

Btw, this isn't so much as me jumping on you, just words of wisdom for the future.
emperior wrote:I literally love the new bits of information from Toriyama. They are just awesome.
- Why the kids were able to go Super Saiyan so easily, and the same probably applies to U6 Saiyans.
- Some awesome lore about the first Super Saiyan, who, as I expected, was also connected with Super Saiyan God. Although it's still a mystery if Goku was or wasn't the first Super Saiyan God, because the ritual may be about infonding Yamoshi's spirit in a Saiyan. I really hope we will get a movie about Yamoshi and all this Saiyan lore, which could come along with Sadala arc to really give us a ton of information about Saiyans. Please, please let it happen Toriyama!
- Give some interesting bits about Saiyan lore, such as there being engineers in the non-fighters and the infiltration babies also being chosen from the weakest Saiyans.

This also explains why Goku Black was able to transform into a Super Saiyan so easily, and makes me believe that Kale has some sort of S-Cells mutation, while Caulifla probably has a lot S-Cells, but fewer than Goten and Trunks and she is prodigious because she could understand the back-tingle thing easily which Kale couldn't.
S-Cells are just an awesome explanation because, unlike Midichlorians, every Saiyan can increase the number of S-Cells in his body. My current headcanon is that those S-Cells also get acquired through Zenkai boosts.
I don't get why someone would literally hate this explanation. I can see why Midichlorians weren't well liked by the Star Wars fandom but that was a completely different case than what we got. Do you guys still believe someone like Bardock wouldn't be able to become incredibly strong if he was resurrected? Through many battles and training, I definitely think he would get stronger and achieve many Super Saiyan transformations. While in Star Wars we know guys like Han Solo would have never been able to become Jedis.
- Saiyan needing to be a certain level of power to become a Super Saiyan was known for a long time. It was in one of the guides.

- This was also explained a long time ago as Goten and Trunks being tailless hybrids and the U6 Saiyans were specifically noted to evolved past the need for tails. So the S-Cells really doesn't change anything other than tailless hybrids and tailless Saiyans have more natural S-Cells than tailed Saiyans.

- Toriyama also talk about how Saiyans can rank-up by getting stronger, regardless of their birth power, a long time ago in an interview. It was the same one in which he talked about Bardock being a low-class warrior who never became a mid-tier Saiyans and how only Prince and King Vegeta were the only elite Saiyans.

I don't see how this explains Black since Black is Goku's body and Goku could already go Super Saiyan by the time Zamasu took it. I also don't see how this proves Cali have fewer S-Cells than Goten and Trunks. In fact, it should be the opposite since she got Super Saiyan 2 so easily while they still don't have it.

Overall, while the S-Cell are interesting, it really doesn't add anything new from what we already know given by Toriyama and guides over the years. Only the Super Saiyan God stuff is truly new information.

Unrelated to Dragon Ball, certain people being unable to access the Force was stated as far back as the first Star Wars movie. The Force is everywhere, but only certain people can actually control it. So Midichlorians didn't change anything. It only gave an explanation for something that was already stated, like why can only certain people access the Force and why were some Jedi so much more powerful than others and sensitive to the Force even without training.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:39 pm

emperior wrote:I literally love the new bits of information from Toriyama. They are just awesome.

I don't see what this has to do with Goku Black. He was able to turn SS "easily" because he got used to Goku's body. We didn't need this S-cell thing to understand it.

I definetly agree on this whole Yamoshi story being added in a Sadala arc. It would be a cool OVA/arc/whstever they want.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:44 pm

there is nothing wrong with any of this new lore. at all. plus, now no hate for the girls is justified LOL
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:there is nothing wrong with any of this new lore. at all. plus, now no hate for the girls is justified LOL
Well, I think people will have issues with their personalities/characterizations but yeah, none of that "mary-su" bullshite holds water anymore (even though it was easily debunked).
Feels over Reals.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:there is nothing wrong with any of this new lore. at all. plus, now no hate for the girls is justified LOL
Well, I think people will have issues with their personalities/characterizations but yeah, none of that "mary-su" bullshite holds water anymore (even though it was easily debunked).
While a lot of the complaints about Cali and especially Kale were their personalities, most of the anger towards them came down to, 'They shouldn't be this powerful! Goku and Vegeta worked so hard for Super Saiyan and these bitches get them so easily! Super ruined Super Saiyan!'. And is also some sexism, and no I'm not saying all or even the majority of the complaints against Cali and Kale were sexism, just that sexism did play a part in the outrage for a select group of people.
Kanassa wrote:

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

So having Scells suddenly makes it okay for them to hog 6 episodes of screentime?