"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:24 am

..accidentally falls of the ring....
Hello darkness my old friend.

I am fairly certain it's not as funny as it seems, and if Shantsa's ability is illusion based then it's possible he gets tricked out of bonds.

actually made things worse and in Buu saga
Heh?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:24 am

Totamo wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Totamo wrote: The funny thing is after this arc, Piccolo won't even be mentioned again.

Take what you can get at this point.
I don't care anymore.
When you write a long ass post like that and they say you want the arc to be over, you kinda do.

I mean if you didn't, you probably just stop watching,
That long ass post was my last venting on the character, deservedly so. When I clicked submit I was done.

What do you gain from replying like you did anyway other than being a troll? Just read and keep scrolling.
Last edited by omaro34 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:25 am

Kek, it's so fun when everyone (including me) thinks the spoilers are fake, but then it turns out it's real. Anyone could predict that somewhat, but then the real thing would have some slightly different details (Gohan dropping instead of Piccolo, etc). I don't dislike Piccolo, but if they weren't going to do anything with him, he should have dropped several episodes ago, maybe putting the U6 Namekians fight earlier.
TheOne wrote:Not exactly sure why everyone is just “loling” that Vegeta is automatically going to be knocked out the ring when he fights Jiren. Hasn’t Jiren been notorious for not finishing off opponents..? Both Kale and Goku have had that happen to them.
Caulifla saved Kale from getting out of bounds, and he just didn't kick Goku out because Hit immediately attacked him.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 am

Totamo wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:Let me get this straight, the two invisible bugs who were hyped up since the very first episode of the tournament, and constantly show how confidence the rat was about them and how calm he was even after Jiren Vs Goku. Who were mysterious for more than half the tournament and appeared on some high detailed calendar with Jiren and the others. Get eliminated in the very first damn episode they appear on? And from U7 of course. I had my doubts but I tried to stay positive.

Yeah, no matter how many great action episodes like the special we get, this arc will still have one the shittiest writing. Just watch Frieza gets reduced to the clown joke he was and gets trashed like nothing after all this build up.
Honestly as much as I've enjoyed the arc it really is the embodiment of wasted potential, beside U11 I don't think any of the other universe that got hyped up lived up to the hype.
Actually, this goes for almost everything in the recruitment arc. Nothing that was hyped actually came to fruition. Krillin had entire episodes dedicated to him and he was the first to go.

Either A. Toriyama is doing what people don't expect him to do or B. Toei added things that were never going to happen. Take your pick.

Personally, I'm not surprised nor fooled, after what happened to Krillin, I kind of figured this arc would go in this direction. It will probably be fun though

Doing the unexpected isn't always a good thing.Maybe we didn't expected it because it is too stupid and make all the build up episodes useless, like they are there just to increase the episodes count lol.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 am

HeroR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
The best to hope for is that there’s some glimmer of hope that Vegeta will learn Ultra Instinct or at least some variation.

Most people wouldn’t like that, but being a Vegeta fan is like to see that gap between Goku and Vegeta get smaller.

I know people don’t agree but I’d like Vegeta to have the opposite situation as Goku. Strong attacks but not so quick with the dodging. They do the fusion dance and through fusion not only do they allow Gogeta to potentially master it, but they also get an understanding on the things they lack. Ultimately helping them complete it.

Not the ideal situation for most people, but Vegeta fans can hope. With all the focus on Saiyans this arc, it’s not far fetched.
I don't mind Vegeta getting UI, just not in this arc, and I don't think he will since only Goku was teased with a new form and Vegeta hasn't really gotten any hype. He is kind of in the same situation as the U6 Namekians (I don't mean scene time). Namely, he's underplayed enough to seemed like they're saving him, but it could just mean he goes out in a burst.

And UI doesn't work that way. Attacking is just harder since everyone thinks before attack. It isn't about being the opposite. UI also drains so much that Goku can only hold it for a few minutes, what makes you think Gogeta was last any longer?
Just because that happens to Goku doesn’t mean it’ll be for Vegeta. Vegeta personally could find it easier to attack but harder for him to dodge. We don’t really have enough detail to say one way or another yet.

If Gogeta was fighting Jiren, I’d imagine he’d only need it for a few minutes since their fight would potentially be the last one on the stage and right at the end.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:28 am

Whatever wrote:I don't know why this surprises you,it was made clear that Shatsa and Katopesla are fodder but hey at the least the bugs are gonna eliminate someone from U7.
How was this made clear? Shantsa was shown ambigiously through the Tournament, and they were keen on not eliminating Katopesla for all these hits he took from everyone.

And all of that.. for nothing?

I'm sorry, but that's just boring writing. This Tournament should have been just U7 vs U11 at this point, instead of neglecting so many fun characters just to reach the boring conclusion of Goku vs Jiren again... yay...

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:28 am

Given the limited scope of useful contribution for characters of Piccolo's profession, those fights back in the Cell arc were about all he had. His merging with Kami did inadvertently spur the restructuring of the wish granting mechanics of Shenron, but otherwise what his actions entailed were combat based. How much can you expect with a series like Dragon Ball and an author who seems to have a relatively unimaginative way of allowing his fighting cast to handle things?

Thank you on the clarification of Piccolo being the one to drop out. My confusion stemmed from the twitter post which was posted twice in the same thing a page or two back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:28 am

Did Piccolo even punch a single character in this tournament?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 am

Sandubadear wrote:Kek, it's so fun when everyone (including me) thinks the spoilers are fake, but then it turns out it's real. Anyone could predict that somewhat, but then the real thing would have some slightly different details (Gohan dropping instead of Piccolo, etc). I don't dislike Piccolo, but if they weren't going to do anything with him, he should have dropped several episodes ago, maybe putting the U6 Namekians fight earlier.
TheOne wrote:Not exactly sure why everyone is just “loling” that Vegeta is automatically going to be knocked out the ring when he fights Jiren. Hasn’t Jiren been notorious for not finishing off opponents..? Both Kale and Goku have had that happen to them.
Caulifla saved Kale from getting out of bounds, and he just didn't kick Goku out because Hit immediately attacked him.
We have no reason to believe Jiren was about to chase after Goku.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:33 am

Totamo wrote:You know what remarkable thing did Piccolo do after Namek? he fuses with kami, fights cell , lets him escape, fights 17 alerting cell to his position and actually made things worse and in Buu saga, he was a baby sitter.

I feel like a lot of people overestimate what a lot of characters did in Z. They had cool moments but it never truly mattered.
You do realize I'm talking about Universe Survival saga/Dragon Ball Super Piccolo, right? Dragon Ball Z has nothing to do here.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:35 am

omaro34 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
omaro34 wrote: I don't care anymore.
When you write a long ass post like that and they say you want the arc to be over, you kinda do.

I mean if you didn't, you probably just stop watching,
That long ass post was my last venting on the character, deservedly so. When I clicked submit I was done.

What do you gain from replying like you did anyway? Like collecting salt from people that are butt hurt in your eyes don't you? Take mine and shove it.
No and Yes.

No, because You have a right to be upset about whatever you like.

Yes, because Piccolo has done nothing of merit except save Gohan since the saiyan saga and I wondering why you were expecting more. There is a reason why Toei uses that in so many movies.

Like, come on guys. This is dragon ball. Characters other than saiyans have cool moments here and there but they don't matter and they rarely ever will. Why are you disappointed in a show that has told you time and time again how it works. It won't change, it makes too much money to change. At this point is like getting made you are drinking a soda you don't like after having 10 cans.

At some point, its on you.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 am

Xeogran wrote:
Whatever wrote:I don't know why this surprises you,it was made clear that Shatsa and Katopesla are fodder but hey at the least the bugs are gonna eliminate someone from U7.
How was this made clear? Shantsa was shown ambigiously through the Tournament, and they were keen on not eliminating Katopesla for all these hits he took from everyone.

And all of that.. for nothing?

I'm sorry, but that's just boring writing. This Tournament should have been just U7 vs U11 at this point, instead of neglecting so many fun characters just to reach the boring conclusion of Goku vs Jiren again... yay...
Shantsa had like 1 background fight when he was almost ringed out by a U3 robot we know its fodder and another scene of him being scared shitless.
This does not exactly scream confidence and Katopesla was destroyed a base Vegeta despite his form giving him a 300x power boost.
And Jirren was obviously gonna be the final boss,they have been buiding that on,it could not get more obvious.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:38 am

So at this point what's Gohan going to do? Beat either Dyspo or Toppo and then lose?

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:40 am

OverHeaven wrote:
Totamo wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
Honestly as much as I've enjoyed the arc it really is the embodiment of wasted potential, beside U11 I don't think any of the other universe that got hyped up lived up to the hype.
Actually, this goes for almost everything in the recruitment arc. Nothing that was hyped actually came to fruition. Krillin had entire episodes dedicated to him and he was the first to go.

Either A. Toriyama is doing what people don't expect him to do or B. Toei added things that were never going to happen. Take your pick.

Personally, I'm not surprised nor fooled, after what happened to Krillin, I kind of figured this arc would go in this direction. It will probably be fun though

Doing the unexpected isn't always a good thing.Maybe we didn't expected it because it is too stupid and make all the build up episodes useless, like they are there just to increase the episodes count lol.
Did you.....think they were?

That was basically 20 episodes of chill time for this arc to not explode from all the animating they had to do so it can be consistent , which is something not many can deny this tournament doesn't have.

This is a long running anime, come on.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 am

Grimlock wrote:
Totamo wrote:You know what remarkable thing did Piccolo do after Namek? he fuses with kami, fights cell , lets him escape, fights 17 alerting cell to his position and actually made things worse and in Buu saga, he was a baby sitter.

I feel like a lot of people overestimate what a lot of characters did in Z. They had cool moments but it never truly mattered.
You do realize I'm talking about Universe Survival saga/Dragon Ball Super Piccolo, right? Dragon Ball Z has nothing to do here.
There the same damn Piccolo. If he didn't do much shit there what makes You think he would do shit here.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:43 am

Piccolo got a ton of focus in DBZ, it didn't matter if he didn't win anything he got the spotlight. Super does nothing with him we haven't seen before.

Buu saga Piccolo in a mentor position and stopping Buu from killing everyone on Kami's palace was why he was so great.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 am

Oh look, it's jump to conclusions time again!
It's probably a poorly written preview AGAIN, Piccolo is likely eliminated by the invisible fighter.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Oh look, it's jump to conclusions time again!
It's probably a poorly written preview AGAIN, Piccolo is likely eliminated by the invisible fighter.
But that's still the problem, Piccolo is losing without some epic fight. The conclusion with the two Nameks wasn't enough.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 am

Man I'm just surprised that 18 apparently survives the bug duo unless I missed a spoiler. Her and Master Roshi are two characters I thought would do very little in the tournament and have done pretty well. Also in relation to spoilers what's the point of revealing U3 as having assassins, seems like a pointless twist to me.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 am

Michsi wrote:
..accidentally falls of the ring....
Hello darkness my old friend.

I am fairly certain it's not as funny as it seems, and if Shantsa's ability is illusion based then it's possible he gets tricked out of bonds.

actually made things worse and in Buu saga
Heh?
By fusing with kami, piccolo rendered the dragon balls useless and if Goku had died during that time, they ain't finding namek and it was Piccolo's fight with 17 that alerted Cell to where he was and where 18 was. Basically, Piccolo fucked up big there.

Which is why whenever someone tells you the android saga was the best in dragon ball z, remind them that every character was brain dead even the ones that shouldn't be.