"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:44 am

sintzu wrote:
SaiyanGirl wrote:The smartest member of Universe 7 falls accidentally of the stage? Its a joke. Its a fucking joke.
WHAT THE F*** ? I thought who I quoted made that up as a joke. How on earth did this idea get the OK ? In one episode he'll go from one of the best characters in the story to below Yamcha as the joke of the entire franchise.

Modern DB couldn't ruin the franchise's image anymore if it tried but then again I've said this in the past only to be wrong so maybe we'll see something that'll make this look good.
What I feel like has happened is that Toriyama didn't know where to have Piccolo fall out so has turned into something stupid like this. Him accidentally falling out is just fucking ridiculous especailly when he has his stretchy arms. The only reason the Androids are still in is because they are going to be controlled by Paproni. We could have had a Piccolo and 17 rematch in some form with that but no we can't have that.

Krillin went out in a stupid way and is the only fighter that has gone out by another fighter sneaking up on someone.
Tien's exit was stupid and is the only draw.

The only one who should have gone out so far is Roshi.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 am

Too bad Piccolo is going out already, even if he's way stronger than #18. We have to see how he loses, it's most likely an ilusion.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:What I feel like has happened is that Toriyama didn't know where to have Piccolo fall out so has turned into something stupid like this.
Regardless of who came up with it, something this bad shouldn't have gone beyond an idea thrown out there in a meeting. The HUGE lack of care and understanding that these people have for DB at this point is just sad and laughable, we're now to the point where some of the writing rivals that of a joke on the internet which is exactly what I thought this was, a joke.

If Toyotarou can somehow save this train reck of an arc then he should be given a prize for it cause anyone being able to take something this bad and fix it will simply be a merical.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:51 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Too bad Piccolo is going out already, even if he's way stronger than #18. We have to see how he loses, it's most likely an ilusion.
Fingers crossed it's not during that scene were he punched shadow people and doesn't watch his step.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 am

If there's one good thing to come out of Super's anime and especially the current arc is that it makes GT look like a masterpiece.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:What I feel like has happened is that Toriyama didn't know where to have Piccolo fall out so has turned into something stupid like this.
Regardless of who came up with it, something this bad shouldn't have gone beyond an idea thrown out there in a meeting. The HUGE lack of care and understanding that these people have for DB at this point is just sad and laughable, we're now to the point where some of the writing rivals that of a joke on the internet which is exactly what I thought this was, a joke.

If Toyotarou can somehow save this train reck of an arc then he should be given a prize for it cause anyone being able to take something this bad and fix it will simply be a merical.
Miracle?You only need common sense to make it better.
sintzu wrote:If there's one good thing to come out of Super's anime and especially the current arc is that it makes GT look like a masterpiece.
I disagree with it.At least,some non goku characters do something other than being cameos.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 am

sintzu wrote:If there's one good thing to come out of Super's anime and especially the current arc is that it makes GT look like a masterpiece.
Pfff. Try harder next time.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Too bad Piccolo is going out already, even if he's way stronger than #18. We have to see how he loses, it's most likely an ilusion.
Everyone else can survive the illusions and hidden bugs but the one person who should be the hardest to knock out due to his arms is knocked out. What a disgrace.
Michsi wrote:
Fingers crossed it's not during that scene were he punched shadow people and doesn't watch his step.
He shouldn't fall out like that due to his stretchy arms.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 am

Nothing about Super has stooped as low as GT for me.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Nothing about Super has stooped as low as GT for me.
I always loved the 'GT looks like a masterpiece compared to Super' when something fans don't like happens. And it always seem to happened when spoilers that have been wrong in the past.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:01 am

Michsi wrote:
Most likely an ilusion will make Piccolo believe that the arena is actually larger than it really is and he'll lose thanks to that.

He'll not get an awesome exit like Roshi had but hopefully will be a better one than Kuririn and Tenshinhan. Both were treated like complete fools. Tenshinhan could easily shoot his kikoho from a distance, he didn't need to get close to finish Hermila, hell Tenshinhan didn't need to be close to stop 2nd form Cell, why would he need to do it against Hermila. Idiotic.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Most likely an ilusion will make Piccolo believe that the arena is actually larger than it really is and he'll lose thanks to that.

He'll not get an awesome exit like Roshi had but hopefully will be a better one than Kuririn and Tenshinhan. Both were treated like complete fools. Tenshinhan could easily shoot his kikoho from a distance, he didn't need to get close to finish Hermila, hell Tenshinhan didn't need to be close to stop 2nd form Cell, why would he need to do it against Hermila. Idiotic.
They at least got hit out of the stage. The spoilers imply he just falls or walk off the stage.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:05 am

Yeah super is bad but it's you wanting it to get better bad, GT was just straight up give up and move on bad..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:05 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Michsi wrote:

I think Piccolo more than likely helps take down Shantsa and then the invisible fighter takes him down.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:
Michsi wrote:

They at least got hit out of the stage. The spoilers imply he just falls or walk off the stage.
If I have to guess he'll be tricked by an ilusion, that will make him fall from the stage. Can't see him losing like Kuririn/Tenshinhan but TOEI doesn't understand at all Piccolo's character, so anything is possible.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:14 am

Hawk9211 wrote:You only need common sense to make it better.

At least,some non goku characters do something other than being cameos.
You'll need more than that with source material this bad.

If this is the best they can do with them then they should've just remained as cameos, at least that way they keep their dignity.
ArchedThunder wrote:Nothing about Super has stooped as low as GT for me.
What has GT done that worse than what's about to happen to Piccolo ?
greeZH wrote:Pfff. Try harder next time.
Hard ? I don't even have to try, it's just a high budget meme at this point.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:14 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:

If I have to guess he'll be tricked by an ilusion, that will make him fall from the stage. Can't see him losing like Kuririn/Tenshinhan but TOEI doesn't understand at all Piccolo's character, so anything is possible.
That is still dissapointing why can't anyone just go out after a tough fight in this tournament?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 am

sintzu wrote:
Oh, you've seen episode 119?
Every damn time people have to freak out over something in spoilers, often times what they freak out about isn't what it sounded like or was straight up wrong.
The episode comes out in a few days, how about just waiting before damning the people who work on the show?

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 am

sintzu wrote:Hard ? I don't even have to try, it's just a high budget meme at this point.
Duh. That's what I'm saying. At least be creative with your nonsense.
Last edited by greeZH on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Oh, you've seen episode 119?
Every damn time people have to freak out over something in spoilers, often times what they freak out about isn't what it sounded like or was straight up wrong.
The episode comes out in a few days, how about just waiting before damning the people who work on the show?
He has 2 take out both Bugs and Shantsa for it to be an ok performance. Simple as that.

He is getting thrown out for no reason just like Tien and Krillin.

The Androids are only staying to be mind controlled to give the Saiyans another fight.