"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:33 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I wonder what (if anything) might come out of Jump Festa this weekend? A teaser for a new arc would be really great. On the one hand it feels like it might still be a little early for that since this arc is set to end in March. The main story of the Future Trunks arc had already concluded by the time we got the first Universe Survival teaser at last year's Festa. On the other, they showed us that poster of Ultra Instinct Goku more than 3 months before that form appeared.
I also was wondering something like that... We might the announcement of the next arc in the Jump Festa, but the current arc is not done yet, wouldn't that announcement spoil us the finale?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Noah wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I wonder what (if anything) might come out of Jump Festa this weekend? A teaser for a new arc would be really great. On the one hand it feels like it might still be a little early for that since this arc is set to end in March. The main story of the Future Trunks arc had already concluded by the time we got the first Universe Survival teaser at last year's Festa. On the other, they showed us that poster of Ultra Instinct Goku more than 3 months before that form appeared.
I also was wondering something like that... We might the announcement of the next arc in the Jump Festa, but the current arc is not done yet, wouldn't that announcement spoil us the finale?
Not really, unless the next arc concerns the participants of the tournament outside of Universe 7. Even then, the announcement could just be a title and a poster with any spoiler information missing or obscured. Like how Buu was on the poster for this arc, only to be replaced by Frieza
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Noah wrote:I also was wondering something like that... We might the announcement of the next arc in the Jump Festa, but the current arc is not done yet, wouldn't that announcement spoil us the finale?
You mean by spoiling the fact, that Goku, Vegeta and friend live to see another arc because the series doesn't end with their erasure after losing the tournament?

Jokes aside, even if they'd announce the Freeza Omniverse arc, it wouldn't make me any less curious to how this one plays out and into it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm

We are getting an announcement this month at the very least, so it will almost definitely be at Jump Festa.
I don't think they'd announce the next arc before this one is over, the last two arcs have been announced in between arcs. I think the most likely thing is a movie.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 pm

katopelsa vs vegeta was a nice little fight wish there more
katopelsa is one my favorite characters outta U3 hope we see him again

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:18 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
We are getting an announcement this month at the very least, so it will almost definitely be at Jump Festa.
I don't think they'd announce the next arc before this one is over, the last two arcs have been announced in between arcs. I think the most likely thing is a movie.
A movie would be great too if it's not just a rehash of a previous arc. There's tons of stuff they could do with a movie and I know rumors have been floating around since that dragonballmovie2018 domain popped up. Do they really have the staffing and the schedule for both a movie and the tv series? That'd be my big concern.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:27 pm

After the TOP ends, I expect 10 peacetime or slice of life fillers again. After 20+ episodes of continuous fighting, I definitely think they'll be some downtime rather than jumping immediately into the next big arc.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Xeogran wrote:BREAKING NEWS: https://twitter.com/MIkAKANAI3018/statu ... 8285625344

Mika Kanai joins the DBS Voice Cast. You may know her as the cute voice she did for Chikorita from Pokemon Johto.

Now who is a new cute character who hasn' said anything yet? Nobody else but...

That's right! Judging by this tweet, it seems like Shantsa will be important! I'm so super, super hype!!! :mrgreen:
It turns out Shantsa wasn't credited so it most likely wasn't her role.

She does mention, however, being a "regular" with Masako Nozawa. Now, she doesn't mention Dragon Ball Super and there might be another meaning to "a regular" I'm not aware of, but...

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:30 pm

Noah wrote:
I mean, we know they're going to survive....at the most, all announcing the next big arc would do is maybe spoil who the villain will be.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:37 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Xeogran wrote:BREAKING NEWS: https://twitter.com/MIkAKANAI3018/statu ... 8285625344

Mika Kanai joins the DBS Voice Cast. You may know her as the cute voice she did for Chikorita from Pokemon Johto.

Now who is a new cute character who hasn' said anything yet? Nobody else but...

That's right! Judging by this tweet, it seems like Shantsa will be important! I'm so super, super hype!!! :mrgreen:
It turns out Shantsa wasn't credited so it most likely wasn't her role.

She does mention, however, being a "regular" with Masako Nozawa. Now, she doesn't mention Dragon Ball Super and there might be another meaning to "a regular" I'm not aware of, but...
It looks like some of the people in the replies to that tweet are speculating that she'll be the new voice for Bulma. I'm not familiar with her voice work so...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

Noah wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Katopesla :(
This makes me sad... Such great character gone, just yesterday I had to lose Frost and now this, what's next? Universe 7 loses as well?
:lol:

You should not worry about that.
Hope you are right mate, but the way it's been going for ma boy characters, it's not too much of stretch Universe 7 loses as well..

On another note, this week's Piccolo was the most amazing he has ever been since his C-17 tangle back in the cell saga.. that mouth blast with the exaggerated expressions truly gave a depth to that moment, it actually felt like he was doing a strong as fuck attack
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 am

Only 8 to go.

We know Goku will take on Jerin but who do you think will take the other 2 ? I think Gohan and Vegeta will while Freeza waits on the side to knock out the winner to get his wish.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 am

sintzu wrote:I think Gohan and Vegeta will while Freeza waits on the side to knock out the winner to get his wish.
The wish is granted to the best warrior, not the warrior who stays until the end..
And freeza has done jack in the tournament to qualify as best warrior, since he realized everyone is basically acting as his henchmen..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza has done jack in the tournament to qualify as best warrior, since he realized everyone is basically acting as his henchmen..
I'm pretty sure its the last man standing. I think Goku will win only for Freeza to knock him out from behind.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 am

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza has done jack in the tournament to qualify as best warrior, since he realized everyone is basically acting as his henchmen..
I'm pretty sure its the last man standing. I think Goku will win only for Freeza to knock him out from behind.
Huh, I could swear it being awarded to the best warrior, because the tournament didn't require a last man standing in it's format..
It's basically, the Universe with most warriors win, and the best warrior wins the wish..
Now if it ever comes down to the last one standing situation and every other Universe is erased but their, then that could potentially make the last guy the best, that is if others on his team didn't qualify for such..

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Huh, I could swear it being awarded to the best warrior, because the tournament didn't require a last man standing in it's format..
It's basically, the Universe with most warriors win, and the best warrior wins the wish..
Now if it ever comes down to the last one standing situation and every other Universe is erased but their, then that could potentially make the last guy the best, that is if others on his team didn't qualify for such..
Maybe it's the best warrior if there are multiple warriors left, but if there is only one then they are automatically the winner? Or maybe Frieza thinks the last one standing wins the wish and everyone thinks Frieza is going to get it but then it is revealed it is the best warrior (probably Goku) that actually gets it?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:14 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Maybe it's the best warrior if there are multiple warriors left, but if there is only one then they are automatically the winner? Or maybe Frieza thinks the last one standing wins the wish and everyone thinks Frieza is going to get it but then it is revealed it is the best warrior (probably Goku) that actually gets it?
That more or less covers it yes..
But that would require explanation of rules the wrong way to Freeza, who did the rule explanation for him again? Can't remember anything of that sort happening..

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Katopesla :(
This makes me sad... Such great character gone, just yesterday I had to lose Frost and now this, what's next? Universe 7 loses as well?
:lol:

You should not worry about that.
Hope you are right mate, but the way it's been going for ma boy characters, it's not too much of stretch Universe 7 loses as well..

On another note, this week's Piccolo was the most amazing he has ever been since his C-17 tangle back in the cell saga.. that mouth blast with the exaggerated expressions truly gave a depth to that moment, it actually felt like he was doing a strong as fuck attack
While I don't know about the most amazing, he had good performance right until the end. I expected him to, the writers probably wanted to soften the blow, but damn did they really drop the ball when it comes to how he got taken out.

And yeah, I also loved the mouth beam, and as Ajay noted, Piccolo looked a tad more 'demonic' in this episode, so I guess I need to give credit where credit is due.

Regarding Freeza, I still think he has never set his eyes on the super dragon balls. He seems content to sit back and let the others do the work, as he is probably used to do, and will only step in if he really has to - and he will probably have to very soon - to make sure they actually win. He only wants the earth dragon balls for his wish, so he only needs to worry about surviving the TOP. The only thing that leads me to believe he is truly scheming something is his comment on how manipulable the gods are.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 am

Michsi wrote: While I don't know about the most amazing, he had good performance right until the end
I am curious to know which solo fight other than this in super did you find piccolo doing better..
I can't seem to recall anything else which gave him this much raw action and ass kickery..

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 am

Ki Breaker wrote: That more or less covers it yes..
But that would require explanation of rules the wrong way to Freeza, who did the rule explanation for him again? Can't remember anything of that sort happening..
Maybe it's not just Frieza, but everyone that misunderstood the rules, and everyone will think Frieza is going to get it until it is revealed to everyone it's the best warrior. Kind of like how everyone misunderstood the SSG ritual needed six saiyans instead of five. And if this happens I can bet it will be either the Daishinkan or Whis who will explain everything and why everyone was wrong.