"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IndieBooToo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Noah wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Vegeta fanboys thinks he'll beat Zeno too.
It's reasonable for them to think so, I can see Vegeta winning this tournament and instead of wishing U6 back he will wish for himself to replace the Omni King(s).

And the next arc will be named Vegeta Ruler Of The Multiverse (EoZ will be disregarded of course)
The Zenos had no chance on beating Completed SSB Ultimate UI Vegeta Supreme. Next Vegeta will use his new powers to being back the Saiyan race with his new Shenron powers. Then he'll absorb Yamoshi's spirit to become Grand King Vegeta.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm

TheOne wrote:
Noah wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote:The only reason why we don't see namekiansaiyan is because he got temporarily banned for being mad about Piccolo being eliminated which is not a good reason at all for him being banned.
Wow, I didn't even noticed he was banned and quite weird since I never saw him being agressive towards Piccolo elimination, just being insatisfied as usual, but probably there's more reason than that.
Who banned him?

Nameksaiyan was never hostile about anything nor did he/she show any signs of borderline troubling statements.
Exactly I just think one of the moderators didnt like him. He was actually a very interesting poster on this site. It would be great if he was unbanned.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Noah wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Vegeta fanboys thinks he'll beat Zeno too.
It's reasonable for them to think so, I can see Vegeta winning this tournament and instead of wishing U6 back he will wish for himself to replace the Omni King(s).

And the next arc will be named Vegeta Ruler Of The Multiverse (EoZ will be disregarded of course)
You forgot the part where Vegeta spares Goku and Freeza and takes them as his errand boys,because he is a nice guy after all.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm

IGhostUlt wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Noah wrote:
Wow, I didn't even noticed he was banned and quite weird since I never saw him being agressive towards Piccolo elimination, just being insatisfied as usual, but probably there's more reason than that.
Who banned him?

Nameksaiyan was never hostile about anything nor did he/she show any signs of borderline troubling statements.
Exactly I just think one of the moderators didnt like him. He was actually a very interesting poster on this site. It would be great if he was unbanned.
Was it temporary? We hardly ever agreed on anything but still respect the guy
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:42 pm

TheOne wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Who banned him?

It is indeed a temporary ban.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:42 pm

TheOne wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Who banned him?

Yeah I think its temporary, but I'm not sure how long. I think its been since episode 119 dropped so its probably been 2 weeks already.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Anyone know if we will get a preview image for episode 122 tonight?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote: Hating a character just because she got a better treatment than they expected/wanted is pretty dumb if you ask me.

I hope she will survive and get eliminated by U11. I don't think she and 17 will be relevant again after this arc so I want them to stay in as long as possible. If she won't, then whatever. I'm not gonna complain about someone like Gohan outlasting her like how some Piccolo fans do now with 18.

On the other hand, RIP Dyspo. Has he ever won a fight since he appeared? Him and Toppo were very dissapointing to me in this arc, especially the latter since I don't remember him doing anything memorable in this tournament so far besides burning Vegeta.
Fans of certain Dragon Ball characters can be extremely bitter bunch. Like some Piccolo fans now hate 18 for outlasting Piccolo and the hatred for Rib reached new levels of dumb after she outlasted several fan-favorites.

Toppo nearly crushed Vegeta, that was fun.
Outside of only one piccolo fan that you and I know, I don't think 18 has gotten a lot of hate because piccolo got eliminated.

I'm one of the biggest Piccolo fans here, I have the biggest Piccolo page on FB, and I for one wouldn't let his elimination make me so bitter to the point that I dislike other characters.

I'm still actively watching the show, perhaps not in the same enthusiasm but still watching and participating in the fandom. I don't watch the show only for a specific character. I loved the trunks arc we just had and Piccolo was barely in it.

Outside of the one piccolo fan we know I haven't seen other people who are fans of Big Green hate on 18 or someone else, and I browse these forums a lot even though I don't always post.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Anyone know if we will get a preview image for episode 122 tonight?
I think we will,hopefully we will.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Ignoring the whole Vegeta and Jiren fight I'm rather curious to see how well Dyspo does against Freeza. While Dyspo is certainly no push over he got saved twice by the blue pride trooper who's name I can't remember. Who knows maybe Toppo will get involved if things go south for Dyspo.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Ignoring the whole Vegeta and Jiren fight I'm rather curious to see how well Dyspo does against Freeza. While Dyspo is certainly no push over he got saved twice by the blue pride trooper who's name I can't remember. Who knows maybe Toppo will get involved if things go south for Dyspo.
Dyspo will get annihilated. He seems closer to SSGod level than SSBlue.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:Ignoring the whole Vegeta and Jiren fight I'm rather curious to see how well Dyspo does against Freeza. While Dyspo is certainly no push over he got saved twice by the blue pride trooper who's name I can't remember. Who knows maybe Toppo will get involved if things go south for Dyspo.
Well, Hit was close if not stronger than a SSJB and yet he took a while to almost defeat Dyspo, so I think will be not that easy to Golden Freeza defeat him.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:50 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
I mean he probably will but I wonder if it's gonna go like his fight with Hit were he dominated for the first half and got destroyed in the second half. Or if it's gonna be a slaughter and Freeza will just humiliate Dyspo the whole time. Funny enough I just realized that 122 is going to have two really one sided battles. Maybe Dyspo and Vegeta will surprise everyone and not go down like total scrubs.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
It was probably celebrated by people who thought that Ribrianne's erasure was detrimental to their enjoyment of the show. Because they probably disliked her as a character (or as a design, or as something else). Surely your love for the character doesn't blind you to the fact that some people went to the opposite extreme that you went?

One man's treasure is another man's garbage. Simple as that.
No I never try to blind myself to the realities or let fandom ever do that to myself~~~I just question the logic behind it all.

I have seen massive detailed reasoning as to why fans dislike certain characters and good debates about them. However, what they had in comm mon was they always were in the context of the story/development in the end, it was with the characters immoral and questionable actions, their sins if you will.

So again it was never the dislike that got me, just to levels of it and how far and personal people took it over very very small and personal preference things about her character.

I learned long ago when dislike for any character or medium got to such levels, then that is when I would turn it off and remember to focus such emotions on real problems in life.

It is the levels of the reaction compared to what one is reacting too and with that measuring its worth.
A good debate? How about the fact that she goes LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE all the time? Imagine Vegeta calling to his Saiyan pride on each sentence of his. Each damn sentence. Or Cell talking about being perfect. Or Frieza claiming he's the strongest in the universe ON EVERY. DAMN. SENTENCE. There's a reason most of the hatred Broly gets is due to the fact that he just yells Kakarot all the time. You know why Arnold was hated for his portrayal of Mr Freeze? It wasn't only for not acting like his comic book persona, it was because he acted like a character from Iznogood - constantly making freezing puns and jokes. Continuous. Repetition. Sucks. It's one thing to have a gimmick, but constantly using that card turns the character into a caricature. Dragonball needs more female characters, especially combat-capable, but they need to be likable.

I'm willing to bet the reason you like Ribrianne has nothing to do with her personality, but rather with the fact that she's a Magical Girl in the DB mythos. If Ribrianne was more like Sailor Moon or Sailor Mars, I'm pretty sure you'd be even more ecstatic. At this point you're cheering for Ribrianne not because she's a good character (she's not, at least she's not handled as one so far), but because she's the only choice you've got in terms of Magical Girls in DB. In the realm of the blind, the one-eyed is king, so to speak.

What I'm trying to tell you is that people strongly and vocally disliking (or even hating) Ribrianne makes as much sense as say, you adoring her and acting as her Public Relations representative, constantly thanking other posters for giving their two cents on the character or mentioning her in any way. I'm not telling you not to like the character; of course you have every right to. And I realize that negativity sucks, even more so when it is targeted towards something you like. But in the end you're just as extreme as Ribrianne's haters are. You're just on the opposite spectrum.
I am willing to play and give you the down low ~~~ I held back when they were 1st introduced. :idea:

Yea I was excited, but their where so many questions about them after episode 91, I was not certain if this would have been an interesting deal or not. Yea I had been waiting for Magical Girls in DB for over 20 years, but not just any would stick with me and I had seen so many over the years there can easily be misses even with a historic event like this. A Magical Girl theme can get me interested, but it takes the substance and persona to make me stick.

While I am a simple guy to please and I can find the value in many characters, to gain my true liking takes specialty and to hit a note right with me. I think what one seems to miss is that one thinks cause the Girls have these Flawed personas that don’t jive with themselves well as a fan, then maybe those U2 characters should not gain respect for that and with that I allow my loving of them being Magical Girls to blind my Eyes to the Truth, that they are not good or worthy characters cause of these annoying problems. But that is the point, they are not what YOU want or really it is Not what I want, it is what Toei gave US and it is up to us as fans to interpret and decide if that is what we would want as well.

But even with that, One says I am still am keeping myself blind that no matter what they threw at me I would love it cause it was them. But the simple truth is that what Toei gave me was not all I wanted, but in that was stuff I truly do enjoy. Fans that get bend out of shape by the likes of the Love, Love thing or the wacky moments never got to me cause I liked that stuff, I find substance and interest in those aspects even if repeated, even more so since it gives me a focus on the fact that those are important aspects to who they are. What can be nonsense to one is substance and gold to another, built from years of seeing it in other formats and written stories. That saying of Love interested me in how they gained their Love of Love and how they use that Emotional Spectrum different in Power then a Normal Ki User. How the Love is the binding glue of their Unity and how it brought peace to allot of their lives.

The Visuals, the High Energy, the Love of their Lives, their unique designs, the style of powers, their caring persona and homages to magical girls. This and then some are just a handful that drove me to like them slowing. I am energetic about then because they hit allot of points I enjoy and new ones introduced in interesting ways I never seen before. It is both a homage and a new adventure.

To Me I don’t turn any blind eye to any problems they have, they do have them. But for me while that means really bad for some, it is a really “Nahhh” to me, I do try to get it but I just don’t see the whole hoopla of getting bend out of shape about it. It is just not ones cup of tea.

My fandom is driven not be theme alone, not by a longshot, but by personas in the end. Many moments just from 118 I can go on about how it gave great substance to U2 and Brianne as a whole. Yea they are flawed but that make them better, they have reasons to learn and grow and willing to accept mistakes to become better. A lot is a journey of New characters we barely started to see the surface of and that is what makes so much so fun, if toei is serious even to a degree about them, what may hold can be very exciting for a fan of my tastes. :)
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Today, I had an odd dream about Vegeta vs. Jiren. Somehow, Vegeta was able to fight evenly with Jiren as a SSJ, and Jiren showed some personality by smiling and praising Vegeta. I'm not sure how did I come up with such nonsense, despite me thinking of Jiren as a reincarnation of a rock and wanting to see the most brutal beatdown of Vegeta and in general ever witnessed in the history of animation.
kinisking wrote:Wow guys, this thread devolved pretty quickly. I feel like this arc just made character rivalry exponentially increase because we have something tangible (character eliminations and survival time ) to compare characters relevance in an arc. What a shame considering this arc has done a good job at giving everyone at least one moment to shine.
It quite became the "Vegeta vs. Jiren speculation thread", didn't it?
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm

I too hope that Vegeta takes a massive L, but I don't think the writers are going to do that. They're probably going to give him UI and make him work with Goku to beat Jiren.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Torturephile wrote:Today, I had an odd dream about Vegeta vs. Jiren. Somehow, Vegeta was able to fight evenly with Jiren as a SSJ, and Jiren showed some personality by smiling and praising Vegeta.
You know if that actually happened we could imagine the meltdown of people here claiming that SSJ Vegeta > KKx20 + SSJB Goku, that Super power levels are bullsh** (when it's not the first time they stop making sense) and the Strength Discussion Thread would explode. Quite amusing actually.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm

I fully expect Gohan and Freeza to fight Jiren too, so I get the feeling Jiren's power is either going to be retconned a bit or Gohan/Freeza are getting massive powers up to keep up with him. Because as it stands now, it wouldn't make sense for anyone to even touch him without Ultra Instinct.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:16 pm

precita wrote:I fully expect Gohan and Freeza to fight Jiren too, so I get the feeling Jiren's power is either going to be retconned a bit or Gohan/Freeza are getting massive powers up to keep up with him. Because as it stands now, it wouldn't make sense for anyone to even touch him without Ultra Instinct.
I don't know why that needs to be the case at all. They don't need to put up fights against him. If they do, it just as easily could be against a weakened Jiren. I don't see Gohan and Freeza getting massive power ups this this late in the tournament.

Blank

Post by Blank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Wasn't the episode that Toshio was referring to episode 105? Meaning that he wrote a cool character moment for Vegeta and not a visually stunning one. If so, there won't be another cool Vegeta moment written by him, unless episode 123 is also written by him then that episode must continue the Vegeta and Jiren scuffle in order for there to be a "cool moment".