"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 pm

I don't exactly see why anyone would have faith in Vegeta. His track record in Super provides no evidence that he's doing better then he did in Z.

Beerus Arc - Becomes more powerful then SS3 Goku but is still an insect to Beerus and gets outpaced by SSG.

F Arc - Gets stronger then Goku thanks to Whis but Goku quickly catchs up. Only beats up Frieza due to his stamina issue, in a strait fight he's have bean just as badly as Goku was, has Frieza blow the planet up in his face and gets saved by Whis and Goku.

Champa Arc - While he has a good few brawls he's completely curbstomped by the only U6 warriors on his and Goku's level.

Black Arc - Spends the majority of the arc getting the raw end of every asskicking and when he finally dose power up enough to beat up Black and make his big speech, Black power in the very next episode to the point that he's confident he can hold up Goku and Vegeta by himself which completely hamstrings any weight all Vegeta's efforts had and make him look like loud mouth fool. Then just to really twist the knife despite all his and everyone's efforts, while Zamasu is defeated, Trunk's entire timeline and universe is left in ruins with no way to fix it.

Just like the Z era, every time Vegeta seems to finally catch some kind of break, to finally have made a breakthrough he gets the proverbial rug pulled out from under him ever time. It's not done with quit the same level of savage disrespect it had in the old days but nothings changed.

Like Hit he'll do some knew little trick that will ether inconvenience Jiren or there will be some big explosion and everyone will wonder "Did he finally do it?!". Then reality will come crashing down in the form of Jiren's fist.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Not just in the tournament but for the rest of the anime. I don't expect him to win but if he doesn't put up a good fight, a really good fight then his fans are going to give up on him when it comes to the anime because this'll be the 3rd arc in a row that makes him look like a complete idiot.
I expect huge outrage if Vegeta gets demolished by Jiren, worse than episodes 56, 66,5.

If the writing will never change(making Goku look good), then you gotta pray merchandise sales go down or a new series pops up to give DBS good competition..
That's not going to happen, and again, stop making fake assumptions when you have no idea how the series ratings or merchandise works.

Jiren is a high God of Destruction tier, Vegeta is not, if Vegeta fights against him, he will lose, it's simple as that. If you think that Vegeta has a minimal chance against him, I bet that you think that he has a chance against Zen-Oh or some crazy stuff like that.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:19 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:It will be completely stupid if Vegeta is to face Jiren only out of arrogance and pride. Unlike the other fights (in which he was ladder to Goku), now he knows the power of the opponent he is facing. It does not make sense for him to challenge someone so superior thinking of being '' the best '', it goes against his personality, he never did anything like that (just to make it clear, when Vegeta challenged his enemies, he usually did not know their true power, but now this is different, he saw Jire fight)

If that's the case then this arc will further ruin Vegeta's personality
How about you actually watch the episode before you talk about how it’ll ruin his personality?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Vegeta has a high chance to not be elim'd because of Toshio's tweet. It's a shame we've been spoiled that though.

If Jiren spares him like he did Kale and Goku then this will be seriously anticlimatic.
Last edited by Xeogran on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:23 pm

The only way I can see Vegeta being redeemed in the case he gets humilliated by Jiren is if he gets the main focus in next years Arc and its Planet Sadala(U6 related), make it Vegetas arc :think:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Black Arc - Spends the majority of the arc getting the raw end of every asskicking
I wouldn't call him getting shanked by Black ONCE an asskicking, the episode showed that he could have lasted against Black before the unsuspecting stab. He even ends up saving everybody else after they get their asses kicked in that fight. Seriously, EVERYBODY apart from the villains spent most of the arc getting an asskicking, Goku only having one ass kicking moment and 1 other time where he was only just surviving. Trunks had that one moment after he got Rage where he blasted Black back, only to have Black and Zamasu tear him a new one. If anything, on the hero's side Vegeta got the LEAST in terms of kick down moments.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:24 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Not just in the tournament but for the rest of the anime. I don't expect him to win but if he doesn't put up a good fight, a really good fight then his fans are going to give up on him when it comes to the anime because this'll be the 3rd arc in a row that makes him look like a complete idiot.
I expect huge outrage if Vegeta gets demolished by Jiren, worse than episodes 56, 66,5.

If the writing will never change(making Goku look good), then you gotta pray merchandise sales go down or a new series pops up to give DBS good competition..
That's not going to happen, and again, stop making fake assumptions when you have no idea how the series ratings or merchandise works.

Jiren is a high God of Destruction tier, Vegeta is not, if Vegeta fights against him, he will lose, it's simple as that. If you think that Vegeta has a minimal chance against him, I bet that you think that he has a chance against Zen-Oh or some crazy stuff like that.
I’m surprised you were able to make an account on here because it’s pretty transparent that you aren’t capable of reading.

This guy never said ANYTHING about Vegeta beating Jiren. In fact, I haven’t seen a SINGLE post on here about someone saying Vegeta should beat Jiren. Majority of these people say they just want a good freaking fight. Including myself.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Xeogran wrote:Vegeta has a high chance to not be elim'd because of Toshio's tweet. It's a shame we've been spoiled that though.

If Jiren spares him like he did Kale and Goku then this will be seriously anticlimatic.
I've heard the theory of Jiren not eliminating people that have good heart, thats why he eliminated Maji Kayo and Hit, and spared Kale and Ranbara..

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: Black Arc - Spends the majority of the arc getting the raw end of every asskicking
I wouldn't call him getting shanked by Black ONCE an asskicking, the episode showed that he could have lasted against Black before the unsuspecting stab. He even ends up saving everybody else after they get their asses kicked in that fight. Seriously, EVERYBODY apart from the villains spent most of the arc getting an asskicking, Goku only having one ass kicking moment and 1 other time where he was only just surviving. Trunks had that one moment after he got Rage where he blasted Black back, only to have Black and Zamasu tear him a new one. If anything, on the hero's side Vegeta got the LEAST in terms of kick down moments.
Hmmmmm maybe your right. I think maybe I remember it that way because Vegeta is the last to get any real gain over Black and Zamasu so it ends up feeling like he gets the worst of it we in reality its equal level punishment.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:35 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:It will be completely stupid if Vegeta is to face Jiren only out of arrogance and pride. Unlike the other fights (in which he was ladder to Goku), now he knows the power of the opponent he is facing.
Exactly, I'm tired of them portraying Vegeta was a reckless, impulsive fighter, for Christ's sake he should have learned that after the Majin Boo arc.
Last edited by Noah on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:36 pm

TheOne wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

I’m surprised you were able to make an account on here because it’s pretty transparent that you aren’t capable of reading.

This guy never said ANYTHING about Vegeta beating Jiren. In fact, I haven’t seen a SINGLE post on here about someone saying Vegeta should beat Jiren. Majority of these people say they just want a good freaking fight. Including myself.
How about this = Goku even in SSB Kaioken x20 got absolute demolished by Jiren to to the point he couldn't even land a punch on him. Unless Vegeta gains Ultra Instinct in this arc (a thing that is not gonna happen) he's going to job against him.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 pm

The second I read the word's "Vegeta Challenges the Strongest" I thought...

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:40 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Vegeta has a high chance to not be elim'd because of Toshio's tweet. It's a shame we've been spoiled that though.

I've heard the theory of Jiren not eliminating people that have good heart, thats why he eliminated Maji Kayo and Hit, and spared Kale and Ranbara..
Well, he did want to eliminate Ribrianne in 102 if not for Vegeta attacking her first, so I'm not sure about that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:The second I read the word's "Vegeta Challenges the Strongest" I thought...
Vegeta can't challenge himself though
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:44 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
TheOne wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote: That's not going to happen, and again, stop making fake assumptions when you have no idea how the series ratings or merchandise works.

How about this = Goku even in SSB Kaioken x20 got absolute demolished by Jiren to to the point he couldn't even land a punch on him. Unless Vegeta gains Ultra Instinct in this arc (a thing that is not gonna happen) he's going to job against him.
So the fact that Kale went from demolishing SSJ2 Goku to being held back by him means nothing huh? Don’t pick and choose when you want “power scaling” to apply. With that being said, Super has proven many times that they don’t care about consistency in the scaling. The people who find sense in everything have to come up with all kinds of scenarios to justify it.

How about you wait and see what happens in the episode before you start mouthing off?

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Xeogran wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Well, he did want to eliminate Ribrianne in 102 if not for Vegeta attacking her first, so I'm not sure about that.
What aren't you sure about? McRib the telechubby was pure E V I L.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:The second I read the word's "Vegeta Challenges the Strongest" I thought...
Vegeta can't challenge himself though
Oh I don't think that logic would have stopped his younger self from trying...

But that entire title is like a 20 feet high neon sign saying "Vegeta! You've just instigated your own ass whooping, come on down!" I don't want Vegeta to get beaten to a bloody pulp, I never do...but at this stage its like watching insanity test. This could only have ever had a good outcome if Goku had been ringed out but as long as he's still in the ToP Vegeta has not even a ghost of a chance beating Jiren. I'll think him lucky if he stays in the ring.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:58 pm

TheOne wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
TheOne wrote:

So the fact that Kale went from demolishing SSJ2 Goku to being held back by him means nothing huh? Don’t pick and choose when you want “power scaling” to apply. With that being said, Super has proven many times that they don’t care about consistency in the scaling. The people who find sense in everything have to come up with all kinds of scenarios to justify it.

How about you wait and see what happens in the episode before you start mouthing off?
"Don’t pick and choose when you want “power scaling” to apply" When I did that?, you're just making a right-and-slash assumption because you don't like or want to accept my arguments.

So are you going to discard the logic of the entire show because there were a few examples of inconsistencies in past episodes that had characters that are not related to these at all and were made by different writers? So trying to "power scale" in DBS in one single episode is invalid because there are some inconsistencies in others episodes?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Big Chief wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
perucho1990 wrote: I've heard the theory of Jiren not eliminating people that have good heart, thats why he eliminated Maji Kayo and Hit, and spared Kale and Ranbara..
What aren't you sure about? McRib the telechubby was pure E V I L.
:lol: :lol: We all Know Ribrianne/Brianne is Pure Good, we can never tell truly if that blast was amid at her or not in 102, but more importantly from episode 109/The Special Ribrianne lands near Jiren's feat and he does nothing to harm her, knowing fully that not only she not only good, but Jiren might have a crush on Brianne as well. :wink:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Goku:
Goku had to be saved vs Android 19
Too weak to beat Perfect Cell
Needed Spirit Bomb energy to beat Kid Buu
Lost Beerus
Whis did temporal Do Over to help goku beat freeza
Quit against Hit but was in a disadvantage even before that