"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:43 am

My guess :

Freeza disposes of Dyspo
Toppo defeats 17
Vegeta gives Jiren hell but falls
Gohan and Freeza team up to fight Toppo, one of them will fall off , I am leaning gohan just cause I think Freeza is the only potential twist left in terms of what he would wish for
Freeza/Goku vs Jiren. Freeza strikes at the perfect time and drops both

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:43 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: Even before he uses final flash jiren was sweating against Vegeta

So what? He's still either losing badly or getting UIO. He's not beating Jiren as Blue, which is my original point ....which is that Jiren will Ultimately Wreck Vegeta, ala Hit.
Jesus Christ your in denial fine think that like always I’m done talking to you and besides base on the preview he’s doing better than Kaioken ssb goku and hit,heck UI goku too since he was only able to get one hit and the preview clearly have goku saying to Vegeta something about him surpassing his limits.
A Vegeta fan is triggering you? READ Between the lines. Vegeta is gaining nothing more int his arc. Two times he got swatted away by Jiren when he was fighting Goku. He probably wants to end the nuisance.

Also, HIT did far more that UIO Goku. SO your point doesnt hold up on that end either.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:46 am

sintzu wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Hope Vegeta goes out in 122 :thumbup:
Haven't you all been saying this each episode since the tournament started ? :crazy:

The sad thing is, you'll be telling everyone how "you told them so" when it finally does happen, never mind the fact you got it wrong the first 20 times. :lol: Or my favorite "We told you Vegeta won't do much this time around" never mind the fact that there'll just be 2-3 episodes left after he loses. :lol:
Not a prediction, bub

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 am

Loved this episode, but I got one question that may or may not be answered: When 17 used his energy field to get closer to Aniraza, did he focus all of that energy to his fist to defeat Aniraza? That's how it seemed to me. But yeah, 17 is so badass now and it makes you understand why Japan is featuring him so heavily in Super merchandise. Also, I like how they're utilizing his energy field from Z in Super. The continuity of it all intrigues me.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:57 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

So what? He's still either losing badly or getting UIO. He's not beating Jiren as Blue, which is my original point ....which is that Jiren will Ultimately Wreck Vegeta, ala Hit.
Jesus Christ your in denial fine think that like always I’m done talking to you and besides base on the preview he’s doing better than Kaioken ssb goku and hit,heck UI goku too since he was only able to get one hit and the preview clearly have goku saying to Vegeta something about him surpassing his limits.
A Vegeta fan is triggering you? READ Between the lines. Vegeta is gaining nothing more int his arc. Two times he got swatted away by Jiren when he was fighting Goku. He probably wants to end the nuisance.

Also, HIT did far more that UIO Goku. SO your point doesnt hold up on that end either.
It’s pricks like you that make the dragon ball fan base look bad.

You’re throwing a fit because Vegeta has the potential to have an exceptional showing against Jiren? You probably predicted Vegeta was going to get completely stomped and now you’re getting pissy because you were wrong? You’re essentially trying to come up with reasons to undermine what you just saw here in the preview and it’s laughable.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 am

TheOne wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: Jesus Christ your in denial fine think that like always I’m done talking to you and besides base on the preview he’s doing better than Kaioken ssb goku and hit,heck UI goku too since he was only able to get one hit and the preview clearly have goku saying to Vegeta something about him surpassing his limits.

You’re throwing a fit because Vegeta has the potential to have an exceptional showing against Jiren? You probably predicted Vegeta was going to get completely stomped and now you’re getting pissy because you were wrong? You’re essentially trying to come up with reasons to undermine what you just saw here in the preview and it’s laughable.
Wow. People are getting triggered left and right for stating the obvious. Good to know that this place is no better than r/dbz. At least the mods takes care of people there

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:06 am

The_Destroyer wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Haven't you all been saying this each episode since the tournament started ? :crazy:

The sad thing is, you'll be telling everyone how "you told them so" when it finally does happen, never mind the fact you got it wrong the first 20 times. :lol: Or my favorite "We told you Vegeta won't do much this time around" never mind the fact that there'll just be 2-3 episodes left after he loses. :lol:
Not a prediction, bub
Like anybody is going to take what you have to say seriously. Let me guess. You didn’t think Vegeta would make it this far? You probably thought he would’ve gone out during that First Brianne encounter like everyone else?

You also were one of the ones who complained about him not giving his energy during the Spirit Bomb. Based off of all the crap I’ve seen you say, I’ve learned to take what you have to say with a grain of salt when it comes to anything Vegeta related.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:08 am

So uh when's the episode discussion thread gonna be made so we can take the discussion there? It's been several hours and it's not been put up. I'm pretty sure only staff are allowed to make episode threads as well.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:09 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

Wow. People are getting triggered left and right for stating the obvious. Good to know that this place is no better than r/dbz. At least the mods takes care of people there
I’m just allergic to stupid crap and people making bs statements. You haven’t even watched the episode and you’re already having a smug attitude about the conclusion

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:13 am

TheOne wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I’m just allergic to stupid crap and people making bs statements. You haven’t even watched the episode and you’re already having a smug attitude about the conclusion
Its not a smug attitude. Its a historical fact. Vegeta will get a few good shots in, just like he did to Final form Freeza, Android 18, Perfect Cell, Goku Black... HIT!

Him getting a few good licks in is a better showing than against Hit. But knowing Toriyama, this is about as good as its going to get. If you think any different you are being deluded.
ANd stop calling names because i will have to report you for talking crap

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:15 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Jiren is strugging against SsjB Vegeta. Some episodes ago, he took out a 20x stronger version with a glare. :shock:

Nice one, Toei.

And I know it's a preview, but you can clearly see Jiren's struggle, so that's it, they're fucking this up.
You mean like how he struggled against Hit because Hit put a punch in his chest?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:17 am

kinisking wrote: No , definitely not. In the Black arc Vegeta was able to surpass Goku black in strength after the HTC training which is something neither Goku or him could do before. Then he went in for some more before the tournament.
The Future Trunks Saga was months and Goku even has a better feat in that saga. Not to mention, no one called Vegeta superior to Goku even with just Blue.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:19 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Lets not forget that even the previews can be a bit misleading at times and show us almost nothing of how events truly play out.

It looked like #17 might have been out of the ring in last weeks preview but he's safe and sound. So lets not get too heated until we know the whole story.
I really hope that the NEP is being misleading, but I'm pretty sure that they're just gonna ignore power scaling just to make Vegeta look good before he's eliminated.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I would LOVE if there was some sort of creative gimmick, but I just get the vibe that they're gonna give Vegeta one last fan pandering session while ignoring power scaling, before his elimination at the end of 122 or 123. Which, I guess, I don't really mind, as long as Jiren never shows any signs of actual damage. That's the key. I'd be fine if the excuse was "Jiren was holding back" just for the fuck of it, considering there's massive precedence for that. Every single villain in DBZ pretty much had that moment where they didn't try for absolutely no reason just for the sake of giving us a cool fight that otherwise shouldn't logically have happened. And we all just kinda roll it nowadays. Perfect Cell vs. Roid Trunks comes to mind. That fight was badass, but it pretty much meant nothing and was just a waste of time, and only served as an excuse to make Trunks look cool for half a second. I guess I could live with that here, especially considering how gorgeous it looks.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:19 am

My thing is, people are basing too much on a visual display from a 30 second preview no less. Visually, Vegeta seems to be doing well enough given the circumstances, but people were saying the same things when the 111 preview showed Hit tagging Jiren where his heart is. Regardless, I definitely see this fight looking competitive for the most part until like near the end where Jiren takes the advantage and defeats Vegeta. Vegeta fighting Jiren at this point in the saga makes no sense if he was only just going to get destroyed completely.
Artorias wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Lets not forget that even the previews can be a bit misleading at times and show us almost nothing of how events truly play out.

It looked like #17 might have been out of the ring in last weeks preview but he's safe and sound. So lets not get too heated until we know the whole story.
I really hope that the NEP is being misleading, but I'm pretty sure that they're just gonna ignore power scaling just to make Vegeta look good before he's eliminated.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I would LOVE if there was some sort of creative gimmick, but I just get the vibe that they're gonna give Vegeta one last fan pandering session while ignoring power scaling, before his elimination at the end of 122 or 123. Which, I guess, I don't really mind, as long as Jiren never shows any signs of actual damage. That's the key. I'd be fine if the excuse was "Jiren was holding back" just for the fuck of it, considering there's massive precedence for that. Every single villain in DBZ pretty much had that moment where they didn't try for absolutely no reason just for the sake of giving us a cool fight that otherwise shouldn't logically have happened. And we all just kinda roll it nowadays. Perfect Cell vs. Roid Trunks comes to mind. That fight was badass, but it pretty much meant nothing and was just a waste of time, and only served as an excuse to make Trunks look cool for half a second. I guess I could live with that here, especially considering how gorgeous it looks.
Realistically, UI Goku vs Jiren II is going to be a thing, so by default Jiren is already suppressed in 122.
Last edited by Jigurashi on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 am

HeroR wrote:
kinisking wrote: No , definitely not. In the Black arc Vegeta was able to surpass Goku black in strength after the HTC training which is something neither Goku or him could do before. Then he went in for some more before the tournament.
The Future Trunks Saga was months and Goku even has a better feat in that saga. Not to mention, no one called Vegeta superior to Goku even with just Blue.
Just because Goku has better feats doesn't mean he was stronger using Blue at the time, espicially considering Goku is pretty much famous for exerting power and doing things far beyond his own physical limitations.
Artorias wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:

Judging by the NEP, I'm guessing that Vegeta is going to try and pull a Goku and put up a fight by improving during the fight and exerting power beyond his physical limitations.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:24 am

If goku had a "better feat " in the trunks arc then doesn't the NEP clearly show Vegeta with a much "better feat" than anything Goku did before Ultra Instinct? If i am not mistaken, Jiren hit Goku using kaioken x20 so fast he couldn't even see it coming and goku didn't even get within striking distance of him. Whereas Vegeta lands a solid gut kick to Jiren

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:25 am

Pannaliciour wrote:I know their Universe is on stake, but why are Goku and Vegeta working together against one opponent (Jiren)? Isn't that against the saiyan pride thing? Something is up here?
They worked together against Merged Zamasu and even fused.
Kanassa wrote:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:26 am

ToshioWrites wrote:If goku had a "better feat " in the trunks arc then doesn't the NEP clearly show Vegeta with a much "better feat" than anything Goku did before Ultra Instinct? If i am not mistaken, Jiren hit Goku using kaioken x20 so fast he couldn't even see it coming and goku didn't even get within striking distance of him. Whereas Vegeta lands a solid gut kick to Jiren
Depends. Cause Goku literally sent a Jiren who braced for his punch flying into the air and through a mountain. Hit with one punch knocked him all the way back to the edge of the arena. As far as actually going in with close combat? Yeah, Vegeta is shown to be doing better than Hit and Goku. Hell, Goku is shown doing better here than he did in his first fight lol.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:26 am

JazzMazz wrote: Just because Goku has better feats doesn't mean he was stronger using Blue at the time, espicially considering Goku is pretty much famous for exerting power and doing things far beyond his own physical limitations.
Artorias wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: I really hope that the NEP is being misleading, but I'm pretty sure that they're just gonna ignore power scaling just to make Vegeta look good before he's eliminated.
Judging by the NEP, I'm guessing that Vegeta is going to try and pull a Goku and put up a fight by improving during the fight and exerting power beyond his physical limitations.
Yet, you can't explain why Trunks and Vegeta together couldn't hurt Merged Zamasu but Goku could. It wasn't like they weren't given their all too.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:27 am

JazzMazz wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Just because Goku has better feats doesn't mean he was stronger using Blue at the time, espicially considering Goku is pretty much famous for exerting power and doing things far beyond his own physical limitations.
Artorias wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: I really hope that the NEP is being misleading, but I'm pretty sure that they're just gonna ignore power scaling just to make Vegeta look good before he's eliminated.
Keyword "try". I don't really see anything coming of that, simply because Goku and Gohan have always been the ones that "go beyond their limitations" in the MIDDLE of fights. That's sorta their shtick. Vegeta's shtick has always been the guy who goes away to train off screen and then comes back crazy strong, he never really does it DURING the fight. So my gut tells me they'll continue that trait now.

Keep in mind this is what I THINK will happen, not what I WANT to happen.