"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:I don't know about you guys but I loved to see that Heroes trailer coming true. Would be so funny and badass at the same time to see Goku and Freeza against Jiren.
That's likely going to happen. Once Vegeta is done making a fool out of himself or Jiren gets bored with Vegeta and punts him off the stage, then once Goku fight Jiren alone and begins to lose again then Frieza will probably jump in to save Goku from being eliminated.

ToshioWrites wrote:Dyspo is actually shitting on Freeza, thats a very surprising twist
Frieza is in his base form and Dyspo is incredibly fast. It's not that unbelievable. Once Gohan offers his unnecessary help and Frieza gets serious, then Dyspo will get fried.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:54 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:I don't know about you guys but I loved to see that Heroes trailer coming true. Would be so funny and badass at the same time to see Goku and Freeza against Jiren.
That's likely going to happen. Once Vegeta is done making a fool out of himself or Jiren gets bored with Vegeta and punts him off the stage, then once Goku fight Jiren alone and begins to lose again then Frieza will probably jump in to save Goku from being eliminated.

ToshioWrites wrote:Dyspo is actually shitting on Freeza, thats a very surprising twist
Frieza is in his base form and Dyspo is incredibly fast. It's not that unbelievable. Once Gohan offers his unnecessary help and Frieza gets serious, then Dyspo will get fried.

Freeza is in his base form in 122, gohan helps in 124. I doubt freeza will get his ass kicked for 3 episodes by staying in base. Remember he chided gohan for not going super saiyan vs jimeze. I actually think Dyspo is bodying Golden Freeza

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Personally, I think there's going to be a bigger narrative regarding the Gohan and Toppo thing. Y'know something like; Toppo admiring the mercy, realizing U7 isn't actually evil, maybe return the favour, cue Hero of Justice dialogue, yadda yadda yadda, and pose!

I guess we'll see...

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:02 pm

My predictions.
    -Vegeta is out by Jiren
      -#17 will be out by Toppo.
        -Gohan is out by Dyspo
          -Frieza takes out Dyspo,now were up to Goku and Frieza Vs Jiren and Toppo,this match up is perfect,Goku and frieza teaming up is just funny,i really want these prediction to happen.
          Mostly active on discord.

Kagari
          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm

King Jacku wrote:Personally, I think there's going to be a bigger narrative regarding the Gohan and Toppo thing. Y'know something like; Toppo admiring the mercy, realizing U7 isn't actually evil, maybe return the favour, cue Hero of Justice dialogue, yadda yadda yadda, and pose!

I guess we'll see...
          There has to be if Gohan is going to help Freeza in the next episode and Toppo getting a focus in 125. Guessing something happens to Toppo to keep him sidelined until then.

IndieBooToo
          Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:15 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
          IndieBooToo wrote:

Freeza is in his base form in 122, gohan helps in 124. I doubt freeza will get his ass kicked for 3 episodes by staying in base. Remember he chided gohan for not going super saiyan vs jimeze. I actually think Dyspo is bodying Golden Freeza

I highly doubt he is. Again Frieza is likely not even serious yet. Also Frieza has been shown to be a hypocrite before so I wouldn't take his words to Gohan as anything.
          Last edited by IndieBooToo on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kinisking
          I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Kagari wrote:
          kinisking wrote:
          Noah wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's quite stupid for Gohan hesitate in finishing both 17 and Toppo, I mean is not like he's gonna kill them both, plus 17 was willing to sacrifice himself to help their team, come on Gohan is time to grow some balls.
          At this point of his life, it's just ooc. I think it might be better explained in the episode. Maybe he realizes Toppo is holding something back and if he tries to blast 17 and him off then it'll waste 17 for no reason .
          I don't think it's out of character. Gohan's never had to attack/hurt his ally to win before that I can think of.
          He's never had to but this is isn't life or death, this is literally just pushing 17 and Toppo off together. If he doesn't mind punching his father to test how strong he's gotten, why would he give a shit about giving minor damage to 17 in order to save his and everyone else's life. He's been way too pragmatic this arc for that to make sense.
          Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
          Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
          I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ToshioWrites
          Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:18 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:
          ToshioWrites wrote:
          IndieBooToo wrote: That's likely going to happen. Once Vegeta is done making a fool out of himself or Jiren gets bored with Vegeta and punts him off the stage, then once Goku fight Jiren alone and begins to lose again then Frieza will probably jump in to save Goku from being eliminated.

I highly doubt he is. Again Frieza is likely not even serious yet. Also Frieza has been shown to be a hypocrite before so I wouldn't take his words to Gohan as anything.
          I don't think Freeza is stupid enough to let Dyspo beat him around just so he can save the stamina from using Golden.

Kagari
          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

kinisking wrote:
          Kagari wrote:
          kinisking wrote: At this point of his life, it's just ooc. I think it might be better explained in the episode. Maybe he realizes Toppo is holding something back and if he tries to blast 17 and him off then it'll waste 17 for no reason .
          I don't think it's out of character. Gohan's never had to attack/hurt his ally to win before that I can think of.
          He's never had to but this is isn't life or death, this is literally just pushing 17 and Toppo off together. If he doesn't mind punching his father to test how strong he's gotten, why would he give a shit about giving minor damage to 17 in order to save his and everyone else's life. He's been way too pragmatic this arc for that to make sense.
          Guess we'll see how it plays out in the episode. The open ended nature of the preview makes it sound like there's more to it, which there pretty much has to be considering the next couple episodes.

TheSaiyanGod
          I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:37 pm

The gr wrote:My predictions.
            -Vegeta is out by Jiren
                -Gohan is out by Dyspo
                  -Frieza takes out Dyspo,now were up to Goku and Frieza Vs Jiren and Toppo,this match up is perfect,Goku and frieza teaming up is just funny,i really want these prediction to happen.
                  Vegeta will not be eliminated (at least not in the synopses that have come out so far), he will continue fighting with Goku against Jiren
                  IndieBooToo wrote:
                  ToshioWrites wrote:
                  IndieBooToo wrote: That's likely going to happen. Once Vegeta is done making a fool out of himself or Jiren gets bored with Vegeta and punts him off the stage, then once Goku fight Jiren alone and begins to lose again then Frieza will probably jump in to save Goku from being eliminated.

Dyspo gave work to Hitto and Goku SSG. It does not make sense that Frieza is in its base form and retains Golden (in fact, he could not even do it).
                  He needed to transform himself to put up with a Galick Ho from Kyabe SSJ2

ToshioWrites
                  Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:40 pm

SO what is the consensus on Toppo. Do you guys think he actually becomes the GoD of u11 during the tournament somehow or do you think he just goes full power after dyspo gets eliminated?

precita
                  Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Gohan better make it to the final 2.

Kagari
                  OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:48 pm

precita wrote:Gohan better make it to the final 2.
                  Bandai is releasing a set of new art cards next month, one of them has the imagery of Goku and Gohan from ending 9 on it... so I want to believe.

HeroR
                  Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Or what, you're stop watching Super?
                  Kanassa wrote:
                  precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
                  Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
                  Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:18 pm

HeroR wrote:
                  Didn't 124 say it was his "last stand" ?
                  July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Whatever
                  Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:22 pm

HeroR wrote:
                  It will be the last straw that finally breaks the camels back,not to mention like the 10th mental breakdown precita will have.

Kagari
                  OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 pm

sintzu wrote:
                  HeroR wrote:
                  Didn't 124 say it was his "last stand" ?
                  No, that's a mistranslation. Herms explains it here: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/946043217169891329

IndieBooToo
                  Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:54 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
                  The gr wrote:My predictions.
                    -Vegeta is out by Jiren
                        -Gohan is out by Dyspo
                          Vegeta will not be eliminated (at least not in the synopses that have come out so far), he will continue fighting with Goku against Jiren
                          IndieBooToo wrote:
                          ToshioWrites wrote:

Dyspo gave work to Hitto and Goku SSG. It does not make sense that Frieza is in its base form and retains Golden (in fact, he could not even do it).
                          He needed to transform himself to put up with a Galick Ho from Kyabe SSJ2

You mean same episode where be said he didn't need to transform after all against "trash" like Cabba?

ToshioWrites
                          Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Freeza said wasting stamina on trash like Cabba was a waste not that he didn’t have to transform . He hated that he had to waste stamina on Cabba

Miracles
                          I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm

HeroR wrote:
                          Miracles wrote: Why some here say Herms translation is wrong?
                          Some translators said that Vegeta gave a decent fight before losing to Jiren. Herms said that Vegeta got stomped without even putting up a decent fight.
                          :lol:

I see.
                          ToshioWrites wrote:Freeza said wasting stamina on trash like Cabba was a waste not that he didn’t have to transform . He hated that he had to waste stamina on Cabba
                          Yep. It wouldn't be beyond Freeza to save gold. We even see in the preview, Freeza is getting bounced around in base.