"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Artorias wrote:I guess I'm in the minority of people that has no desire whatsoever to see a Goku and Freeza final 2 for U7. Just the mere thought of seeing them standing side by side firing a beam together is cringe to me. Please no.
Ideally Goku would solo it but better Freeza than Gohan or Vegeta.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:49 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Artorias wrote:I guess I'm in the minority of people that has no desire whatsoever to see a Goku and Freeza final 2 for U7. Just the mere thought of seeing them standing side by side firing a beam together is cringe to me. Please no.
Still holding out for my Goku and Gohan team up though. That'd be infinitely better than the other two to me. One of them is just cringey, and the other we've seen a gazillion times.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:59 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Well, about Jiren's Power Impact on EP 122

We saw that most of the warriors who received this attack were either unconscious or were eliminated (Kale was knocked out, Hitto was eliminated).

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vegeta will not be eliminated and will still fight Jiren on EP 123, so will he be the first to resist the attack and stand in the arena?
Goku received a similar attack on EP 109, and he needed the Kaioken to hold onto the edge of the arena
Didn't know Vegeta fans were getting this desperate lol.
Artorias wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Still holding out for my Goku and Gohan team up though. That'd be infinitely better than the other two to me. One of them is just cringey, and the other we've seen a gazillion times.
A Goku/Gohan team up would be boring as fuck.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:10 pm

man, I can't find a single general consensus on anything in this tournament. It seems people will be divided no matter what.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Nice to know that my last three fighters will give us a good show before the end.

Dyspo...You've got the potential and the speed but your just too used to it always working and because your cocky you've gotten in a few jams before and after the ToP started. I really don't think he'll make it passed next week purely because of that.

Toppo finally getting serious is something I've long waited for. Universe 11's God of Destruction To Be is unleased and he'll show everyone the power of "Justice!".

Jiren......we'll he's Jiren so need I say more. He's more powerful then a God of Destruction and he eats Universal Champions for breakfast. Always remember kids...

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lionel wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: The blast Hit used on Goku to kill him Jiren straight up high-fived and no-sold. Like where you saying he didn't bother using that move against Jiren liked he did on Goku? Cause he used literally all of his moves we've seen him use throughout Super against Jiren.
The intent of the technique was not to kill but to incapacitate. Hit himself specifically acknowledged the snare he was meaning to put Jiren in as the Shuntsen Ensatsu made contact. If it had been meant to strike the Pride Trooper's heart then he would likely have begun displaying symptoms of commotio cordis and died if an outside party didn't reach him in time to defibrillate his heart. That's what make internal martial arts so dangerous a concept. These characters can build up their muscles and limbs but their internal organs remain the same. Furthermore, as stated before, we saw none of the Phoenix Eye Fist manoeuvres used. Hit's rendition of the technique doesn't even fully encompass the principals of Dim Mak because he would be aiming for the eyes as well as other vulnerable non-muscled regions of the body.
Oh please, even if hit tried to kill jiren, jiren would no sell that.
I'm sure he would with the measures taken by the studio's storyboard and animators who make sure to impair the capacity of the challenger's mentality and fighting abilities. For example, rather than take advantage of the extension of his opponent's arms by interlocking his own bodily extremities so as to create full-body contact grip where he has immediate access to the enemy's pressure points, Hit instead elects to retract himself and persist in these swat and fly tactics that serve to do nothing else but allow his opponent to gather his bearings and prepare for another attack. There's no sequentiality or dimension to these exchanges. If instead Hit had chosen to plait his limbs around Jiren's leg as he was kicked and then position himself so that he can press the femoral and peronial nerves in the thighs, this would cause neuropathic damage to the lower extremities, inducing a lack of sensation in the feet and legs that inhibits protraction of the limbs and movement. Granted, something like this would require an uncharacteristic usage of mixed martial arts tactics from Hit but it would get the job done.

Both the studio and the characters don't think to try things like that because it violates the image and narrative they're trying to convey by having their menace of the arc shrug off the drab pugilism of the challenger.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:39 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:

We saw that most of the warriors who received this attack were either unconscious or were eliminated (Kale was knocked out, Hitto was eliminated).

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vegeta will not be eliminated and will still fight Jiren on EP 123, so will he be the first to resist the attack and stand in the arena?
Goku received a similar attack on EP 109, and he needed the Kaioken to hold onto the edge of the arena
If you are uncomfortable and will not add anything to the discussion, do not respond.
But I do not blame you, as a blind Goku fan, you must have been irritated by my questioning that even makes sense (considering that you hate Vegeta)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:48 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

We'll I'm all Universe 11 so I can give a unbiased opinion.

Vegeta's always taken his ass kickings like a champ. Even from his first fight with Goku, he was beaten, blasted, blown up, slashed and crushed yet he still hand enough will to crawl to his ship while Goku was completely immobile.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vegeta's always taken his ass kickings like a champ. Even from his first fight with Goku, he was beaten, blasted, blown up, slashed and crushed yet he still hand enough will to crawl to his ship while Goku was completely immobile.
Indeed, when it comes to getting absolutely humiliated no one's better than Vegeta.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Don't forget goku who needed freeza to share his power with him. :lol:

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Belmod : " I am retiring right now and naming Toppo as my successor"
Marcarita bestows upon Toppo, Hakai energy amplifying his power to unknown depths

Beerus : "This is cheating"
Zeno : "Sugoi Sugoi"
Grand Priest : "Zeno Sama has allowed it"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 pm

I'd like to see Goku and Gohan as the final two of U7. They kept pushing Gohan as team leader and he's made such a good comeback this arc that I'd like to see him make it to the end. Vegeta's been partly an afterthought this arc so I don't expect him to be on of the last two, 17's gotten a lot of love but I think Gohan's chances are higher, and Freeza I just flat out dislike seeing good things happen to because he's shown to be such an irredeemable opportunist villain. The only positive about him being there to the end is if he gets to make a wish on the super dragon balls and gets to play lead villain for the following arc because that could potentially be a fun later arc.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:58 pm

I think letting freezer win the tournament would be the best outcome for the story, i get that some people want vegeta or gohan to win or help goku win the tournament, but not making freezer win, or at last help goku, would be a big missed opportunity, story wise, letting freezer win the tournament would be the perfect irony moment, and will grant freezer of his wish and the opportunity to keep him on the story and use him in new and cool ways.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:00 pm

YamiGoku wrote:I think letting freezer win the tournament would be the best outcome for the story, i get that some people want vegeta or gohan to win or help goku win the tournament, but not making freezer win, or at last help goku, would be a big missed opportunity, story wise, letting freezer win the tournament would be the perfect irony moment, and will grant freezer of his wish and the opportunity to keep him on the story and use him in new and cool ways.
Freeza winning the tournament would only be cool if they have the balls to allow Freeza's wish to come true. Freeza getting the wish and asking for something that the Grand Priest won't translate or the dragon can't do leading to him being hakai'd and then goku wishing everyone back would be so pointless and yet I expect it.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I know Vegeta is going to be stomped by Jiren, but the point is his performance in the fight.

Not being knocked out or eliminated by Jiren's power impact would be a great feat (considering what happened to Goku, Hitto, and Kale when they received this attack).
But either way, I just opened up a discussion about Vegeta resisting or not this attack.

I hope he at least fights better than Goku and Hitto against Jiren, it would be a decent thing considering that in DBZ he was usually destroyed by villains or served as a ladder without doing anything

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If you are uncomfortable and will not add anything to the discussion, do not respond.
But I do not blame you, as a blind Goku fan, you must have been irritated by my questioning that even makes sense (considering that you hate Vegeta)
Not meaning to pile on, but Vegeta doesn't deserve to do anything important in this arc. There's been no build-up for him and the narrative is clearing pointing towards a UI Goku vs Jiren rematch. This is Goku's tournament and Goku's show. Vegeta fans should be grateful the writers even kept him in after 122 to be honest, because he's pretty much worthless against Jiren if Hit and KKx20 Goku couldn't do anything. Gohan and Frieza are much more interesting... but as indicated by spoilers, Gohan is going to make a dumb decision and probably get himself eliminated. Frieza is going to have to clean up his mess.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I know Vegeta is going to be stomped by Jiren, but the point is his performance in the fight.

Not being knocked out or eliminated by Jiren's power impact would be a great feat (considering what happened to Goku, Hitto, and Kale when they received this attack).
But either way, I just opened up a discussion about Vegeta resisting or not this attack.

I hope he at least fights better than Goku and Hitto against Jiren, it would be a decent thing considering that in DBZ he was usually destroyed by villains or served as a ladder without doing anything
Well its all speculation until we know more details. We can't make any solid statements without more evidence. And my point still stands.

Vegeta has on multiple occasions gotten back on his feet despite taking beatings that are as bad or worse then other characters. With one exception, if Vegeta has not been completely ko'd by his opponent he will always get back up no matter what. And his almost indomitable will should always be taken into account.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:26 pm

I agree that its gonna come down to Ui Goku vs Jiren but the whole no build-up thing has already been done with Gohan cell arc. he didn't do anything in the android arc and nothing was expected during cell arc and boom.

Edit. Freeza isn't cleaning up anything. Gohan messes up in 123 and in 124 has to go save Freeza from bugs bunny.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:09 pm

I pray to all the gods of the universe every night that Gohan makes it to the final 2. I know how easily they can screw him over on a whim.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:12 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Artorias wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Ideally Goku would solo it but better Freeza than Gohan or Vegeta.
A Goku/Gohan team up would be boring as fuck.
Well to each their own I guess. That is by far the most interesting combo for me.