"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
And what do you mean by that? It's not like he would receive a major power boost because of becoming Hakaishin. Toppo would most likely lose to Gohan. That's my prediction.

Ultimate Gohan isnt even BoG SSG level.
Honestly i only see Vegeta taking out Toppo. Freeza and Gohan can have Dyspo
wow so much wrong in one sentence
Current gohan is ssjb level I don't understand the constant downplay he gets from the fanbase
Worst thing i have seen on the site today.

Just Hitting SSB Goku once doesnt make him God Level.

Even Zamasu did it.

Gohan is JUST as powerful as he was vs Buu, IF NOT WEAKER

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kagari wrote:
sintzu wrote:If Super was going to end in March it was most likely decided before Bulms's actress passed away.

If Toppo defeats Gohan, 17 & Freeza then he'll have to as Goku can hold Jiren off on his own with UI.
I doubt anyone left can handle Toppo alone. They'll need teamwork to defeat the remaining Pride Troopers.
I think saying teamwork is going to be a factor in the final minutes is wishful thinking.
Grimlock wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Current gohan is ssjb level I don't understand the constant downplay he gets from the fanbase
Judging by your avatar, it seems you're a Gohan fan. But even you must admit he is not that strong. He regained his Ultimate transformation indeed, but that alone is not enough to put him in the level of gods, anywhere near Super Saiyan God from Movie 14. He didn't go through any real training, there is nothing even implying he is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan level, that is actually a desperate and a false claim to make.

I understand that we all want our favorite characters to be the strongest, but we have to be realistic, we have to keep the foot on the ground before making any kind of statements and see what is really going on.

Except the narrator saying that Gohan rivals Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Toshi (sp) putting Gohan above 17 who traded hands with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku while they were both holding back. So saying that Gohan is weaker than Battle of Gods Saga Super Saiyan God Goku is based on nothing.
Ultimate Gohan's Kamehameha did not even scratch Toppo. And we know it was not a weak attack, after all Gohan knows Toppo's ability and has already seen him facing Goku SSB. He was also very surprised after the U11 warrior did not suffer damage.

While Goku's Kamehameha SSB was not even in full power (after all, we did not even see Goku gasping), was able to hurt and irritate Toppo, forcing him to use more power

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kagari wrote:
sintzu wrote:If Super was going to end in March it was most likely decided before Bulms's actress passed away.

If Toppo defeats Gohan, 17 & Freeza then he'll have to as Goku can hold Jiren off on his own with UI.
I doubt anyone left can handle Toppo alone. They'll need teamwork to defeat the remaining Pride Troopers.
I think saying teamwork is going to be a factor in the final minutes is wishful thinking.
Grimlock wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Current gohan is ssjb level I don't understand the constant downplay he gets from the fanbase
Judging by your avatar, it seems you're a Gohan fan. But even you must admit he is not that strong. He regained his Ultimate transformation indeed, but that alone is not enough to put him in the level of gods, anywhere near Super Saiyan God from Movie 14. He didn't go through any real training, there is nothing even implying he is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan level, that is actually a desperate and a false claim to make.

I understand that we all want our favorite characters to be the strongest, but we have to be realistic, we have to keep the foot on the ground before making any kind of statements and see what is really going on.

Except the narrator saying that Gohan rivals Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Toshi (sp) putting Gohan above 17 who traded hands with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku while they were both holding back. So saying that Gohan is weaker than Battle of Gods Saga Super Saiyan God Goku is based on nothing.
It's already happening with the Dyspo and Jiren fights so...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:It's based on logic. Again, Gohan being in Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan level after a mere trading blows with Piccolo can't put him in the level of gods. If there's any official statement saying otherwise, then I think it's pretty obvious the obvious, right? Like, it's understood/common sense by now that Dragon Ball Super doesn't care at all about power scaling.

How about placing Piccolo at god level, huh? Or is him already there? :roll:
Gohan got stronger after 88, which was stated in 90 and the narrator said in 91 that Gohan showed power that rivals Goku and one of the writers on the show put Gohan and 17 on the same level and we know how strong 17 is. You personally disagreeing with it has nothing to do what the show has stated.

And Piccolo in 90 couldn't even make Goku go Super Saiyan with a charged attack, while Gohan's own base form match Goku.
Kagari wrote: It's already happening with the Dyspo and Jiren fights so...
Talking about the final battles and Dyspo is fodder to Toppo and Jiren. If Toppo rings out everyone, chances are UI Goku will clean everything up or Vegeta will do it somehow. Not team work.
Professor Freeza wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Current gohan is ssjb level I don't understand the constant downplay he gets from the fanbase

Even Zamasu did it.

Future Zamasu is on par with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. And your comment completely ignores what happened in 90.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Ultimate Gohan's Kamehameha did not even scratch Toppo. And we know it was not a weak attack, after all Gohan knows Toppo's ability and has already seen him facing Goku SSB. He was also very surprised after the U11 warrior did not suffer damage.

While Goku's Kamehameha SSB was not even in full power (after all, we did not even see Goku gasping), was able to hurt and irritate Toppo, forcing him to use more power

Rival or being on par does not mean equal. Just like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is said to 'rival the gods', yet we know it's much weaker than any God of Destruction. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan also has a huge power range so it's perfectly possible to be stronger than Super Saiyan God, but weaker than a full powered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. And Goku was ready to used the Kaioken when Toppo started to get serious.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 pm

HeroR wrote:Gohan got stronger after 88, which was stated in 90 and the narrator said in 91 that Gohan showed power that rivals Goku and one of the writers on the show put Gohan and 17 on the same level and we know how strong 17 is.
I'm just glad that I don't really care anymore about power level/power scaling anymore. Damn, how this subject got trashed/thrown out of the window in recent years. :o
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Grimlock wrote:

Hilarious comment my friend Freeza training consistent of beating up fodder four months to achieve a form that had him shit on blue in his debut
Gohan was stated by the narrator to rival ssjb goku
Gohan
Gohan trained with piccolo again to get stronger before his fight goku before the tourney
You trying to say gohan being ssjb level is false claim is hilarious considering gohan has proof of being blue level in this arc
B-But his attack didn't do anything to toppo
Let's ignore goku saying he was unsure if he could beat him
Let's ignore current ssjb goku and vegeta>>>>>>>>>>rof ssjb versions
Gohan can be with rof,u6,or Ft saga blue level
Spare me the real training crap Freeza training wasn't shit yet look what happend
Trunks bullshit himself a new form without doing much
Yet gohan who's potential been mentioned multiple times yet can't somehow be blue level in the show that doesn't give a shit about what logics for a character to reach god tier?
Give em a break
Professor Freeza wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

Even Zamasu did it.

Laughable gohan was stated to be stronger than before
F.zamasu was stronger than present counterparts goku outright confirmed it so shit tier logic
Gohan matched the u3 mecha that stalemated a combined blast of ssjb vegeta and ssjb goku

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Grimlock wrote:
HeroR wrote:Gohan got stronger after 88, which was stated in 90 and the narrator said in 91 that Gohan showed power that rivals Goku and one of the writers on the show put Gohan and 17 on the same level and we know how strong 17 is.
I'm just glad that I don't really care anymore about power level/power scaling anymore. Damn, how this subject got trashed/thrown out of the window in recent years. :o
I don't see how Gohan getting stronger mean, 'don't care about power scaling'. Especially if your argument is, 'they shouldn't be this strong'.

The problem with Gohan is that he really shouldn't have gotten that much more powerful one one night since even Freeza needed months.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Vegeta has to contribute to Jiren's downfall.

Any other scenario will be poor for Vegeta as a character.

Handling a guy who went all out against SSBK Goku in the exhibition match and going all out against him (even being at the verge of death - possibly) is just laughable.

Vegeta after improved SSB (whatever his new form is) should wreck Toppo.
Last edited by Mercenary on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 pm

HeroR wrote:
Grimlock wrote:It's based on logic. Again, Gohan being in Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan level after a mere trading blows with Piccolo can't put him in the level of gods. If there's any official statement saying otherwise, then I think it's pretty obvious the obvious, right? Like, it's understood/common sense by now that Dragon Ball Super doesn't care at all about power scaling.

How about placing Piccolo at god level, huh? Or is him already there? :roll:
Gohan got stronger after 88, which was stated in 90 and the narrator said in 91 that Gohan showed power that rivals Goku and one of the writers on the show put Gohan and 17 on the same level and we know how strong 17 is. You personally disagreeing with it has nothing to do what the show has stated.

And Piccolo in 90 couldn't even make Goku go Super Saiyan with a charged attack, while Gohan's own base form match Goku.
Kagari wrote: It's already happening with the Dyspo and Jiren fights so...
Talking about the final battles and Dyspo is fodder to Toppo and Jiren. If Toppo rings out everyone, chances are UI Goku will clean everything up or Vegeta will do it somehow. Not team work.
Professor Freeza wrote:
pacz360 wrote: wow so much wrong in one sentence

Even Zamasu did it.

Future Zamasu is on par with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. And your comment completely ignores what happened in 90.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Rival or being on par does not mean equal. Just like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is said to 'rival the gods', yet we know it's much weaker than any God of Destruction. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan also has a huge power range so it's perfectly possible to be stronger than Super Saiyan God, but weaker than a full powered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. And Goku was ready to used the Kaioken when Toppo started to get serious.
Thank you common sense exist on this site
Ssjb has a power range there's rof,u6,FT saga and current too

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Mercenary wrote:Vegeta has to contribute to Jiren's downfall.

Vegeta doesn't have to do anything. And I don't see how Vegeta getting beating up by Jiren 'reflects poorly on his character' given how strong Jiren is and how UI is overall presented.
Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 pm

pacz360 wrote:Freeza training consistent of beating up fodder four months to achieve a form that had him shit on blue in his debut
pacz360 wrote:Spare me the real training crap Freeza training wasn't shit yet look what happend
pacz360 wrote:Trunks bullshit himself a new form without doing much
Don't get me wrong, all these occasions you mentioned were also pure bullshit. But we are talking about Gohan here, not Trunks nor Freeza.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Gohan being SSB level shouldn't even matter at this point anyway since Blue is already old hat. Same with 17.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
pacz360 wrote: wow so much wrong in one sentence

Even Zamasu did it.

pacz360 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Bla bla bla

Alright. 17 had a better showing with SSB Goku than Gohan. Is 17 on blue level? Is he stronger than Ultimate Gohan since he had a better showing than Gohan?

Hilarious logic.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

HeroR wrote:

Vegeta doesn't have to do anything. And I don't see how Vegeta getting beating up by Jiren 'reflects poorly on his character' given how strong Jiren is and how UI is overall presented.
Getting beaten by Jiren and not doing anything significant in this tournament is indeed poor for him overall.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

The difference is that Goku SSB (said to be able to rival GoDs) could actually face or give a good fight to Beerus (even without using all his power).

However, Gohan can not even scratch Toppo with a Kamehameha, and Toppo did not even defend himself.
Toppo also seems to be playing with Gohan and 17 together (who are supposed to be Blue level).

It was said that Gohan's power rivaled that of Goku. But did the narrator specify? Did he say whether that referred to Goku SSB or Goku SSJ2 (which Gohan also rivaled)?
The narrator also erred in saying that Freeza was defeated by Goku in EP 95, being that the two tied.
HeroR wrote:

Is not Vegeta supposed to do anything? He stayed the entire tournament by defeating Randons and had no great fights. Against Jiren, he was only defeated.

So yes, he deserves more. And I hope he defeats Toppo, the second strongest of his universe (especially after releasing his true power)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:14 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

The difference is that Goku SSB (said to be able to rival GoDs) could actually face or give a good fight to Beerus (even without using all his power).

However, Gohan can not even scratch Toppo with a Kamehameha, and Toppo did not even defend himself.
Toppo also seems to be playing with Gohan and 17 together (who are supposed to be Blue level).

It was said that Gohan's power rivaled that of Goku. But did the narrator specify? Did he say whether that referred to Goku SSB or Goku SSJ2 (which Gohan also rivaled)?
The narrator also erred in saying that Freeza was defeated by Goku in EP 95, being that the two tied.
HeroR wrote:

Is not Vegeta supposed to do anything? He stayed the entire tournament by defeating Randons and had no great fights. Against Jiren, he was only defeated.

So yes, he deserves more. And I hope he defeats Toppo, the second strongest of his universe (especially after releasing his true power)
HeroR wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I don't see how Gohan getting stronger mean, 'don't care about power scaling'. Especially if your argument is, 'they shouldn't be this strong'.

The problem with Gohan is that he really shouldn't have gotten that much more powerful one one night since even Freeza needed months.
It's sad really people just don't wanna accept the anime upgrades for certain characters that they wanna downplay them

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

HeroR wrote:

Goku used a warp Kamehameha pretty sure he wasn't sandbagging against someone around his tier
If jiren any indication ssjb would get shitstomped by any of the gods in there suppressed state
Plus the narrator stated the statement when gohan clashed against ssjb goku meaning he's around there ballpark albeit weaker than them

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Handling a guy who went all out against SSBK Goku in the exhibition match and going all out against him (even being at the verge of death - possibly) is just laughable.

Vegeta after improved SSB (whatever his new form is) should wreck Toppo.
Vegeta will do his job with Jiren then get rekt by Toppo and then either get eliminated by him or Jiren. Goku and Frieza/Gohan will have to take care of the rest.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

HeroR wrote:

He doesn't deserve anything lol. Vegeta fanboys are so entitled. I hope his "big move" ends up failing per usual and Toppo rings him out.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Freeza training consistent of beating up fodder four months to achieve a form that had him shit on blue in his debut
pacz360 wrote:Spare me the real training crap Freeza training wasn't shit yet look what happend
pacz360 wrote:Trunks bullshit himself a new form without doing much
Don't get me wrong, all these occasions you mentioned were also pure bullshit. But we are talking about Gohan here, not Trunks nor Freeza.
Doesn't matter gohan has gotten a lot stronger than before so don't try that with me