"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IndieBooToo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 pm

perucho1990 wrote:If its ending then Jiren is jobbing to Mastered UI Goku, and with that it will be U7 erasing every Universe :lol:

Freeza either gets back to hell or hakaid by Beerus, its almost a given the erased Universes will return.
Nah Frieza will likely hakai Beerus.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:49 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Damn. My Saturday nights won't be the same without the weekly dose of Super.

There was just so many ideas they could have explored after the tournament and they were making so much money. I hope we see planet Sadal as one of the concluding episodes of this arc, or perhaps include it in the movie since that would be about Saiyans. Otherwise I would be disappointed.

This means they would have many months to ensure that movie coming out in December would be as good as possible. So there's that. But still, I'm gonna miss the weekly spoilers, speculations and predictions about what is to come next. I'll miss this thread too. I see it dying off when Super sadly comes off the air.
What would be good is if the Heads of the Production would give some details as to the plan reasons why an ending is happening and why so sudden when the show is such a success?!

Seems rather risky to end now and mostly so soon to try and wrap this all up so fast.

Also what are some future plans for DB beyond the Movie and Games cause to long of a Hiatus will make their product loose ground and harder for it to gain steam again.

I Really would like to hear more info on this to get a better frame of mind on the situation.
Some people were saying it was getting very difficult for the aging Japanese voice actors and the production team releasing weekly episodes to keep up with the grind. But that couldn't have been the case because another show took over Super's time slot and a lot of the iconic VA's are cast in this show.

Super was an outstanding success, so it only makes sense to keep making money by continuing the series. The plots they introduced has so much potential to be expanded on such as the multiverse, planet Sadal, the Pride Troopers, universe 2, universe six namek, Freeza and his fate, and more importantly, the Future Trunks arc. That particular arc had so many unanswered questions and it was such an open ended ending that it would be a downright criminal to not briefly revisit it.

And when people say Super is taking a hiatus, that was never confirmed. If we don't have a date of when Super is scheduled to come back, it's not guaranteed to come back at all.

I honestly had a feeling of this when I saw the poster introducing the ToP a year ago. It had too much nostalgia of old school characters that it felt like one last hurrah.

I'm on the same boat as you. Overtime, people will lose interest and forget a lot if Super goes off the air for an extended period of time which I agree feels counter productive for them since of course their goals are generating interest which leads to revenue.

I guess they felt they could still make tons of money by sticking to annual movies and occasional video games, but who knows.
Last edited by omaro34 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Another 20 years it is. :clap:
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 pm

perucho1990 wrote:If its ending then Jiren is jobbing to Mastered UI Goku, and with that it will be U7 erasing every Universe :lol:

Freeza either gets back to hell or hakaid by Beerus, its almost a given the erased Universes will return.
Nah, jiren aint jobbing. If he goes down, he will go down giving goku the biggest fight of his life.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 pm

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Damn. My Saturday nights won't be the same without the weekly dose of Super.

There was just so many ideas they could have explored after the tournament and they were making so much money. I hope we see planet Sadal as one of the concluding episodes of this arc, or perhaps include it in the movie since that would be about Saiyans. Otherwise I would be disappointed.

This means they would have many months to ensure that movie coming out in December would be as good as possible. So there's that. But still, I'm gonna miss the weekly spoilers, speculations and predictions about what is to come next. I'll miss this thread too. I see it dying off when Super sadly comes off the air.
I personally never cared to see Planet Sadal despite me liking the Saiyans.

It will be dying off since all we will see is circle jerk about the new movie with any scrap of information, or lack of. Look at the pre-release for Resurrection 'F'.

I will probably just drop off entirely until the movie comes out.
They hinted at planet Sadal a lot. And for them not to show it would suck. But I hear you.

Like I told you before, I do respect you around here. I do enjoy reading your rebuttals and challenging people's views.

I will likely drop off when this arc concludes too until the movie comes out.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Now I'm wondering, will the tournament end in a draw? Cause i dont see jiren getting beat, and neither universe 7 erased.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 pm

omaro34 wrote: They hinted at planet Sadal a lot. And for them not to show it would suck. But I hear you.

Like I told you before, I do respect you around here. I do enjoy reading your rebuttals and challenging people's views.

I will likely drop off when this arc concludes too until the movie comes out.
Not saying that they won't be a Sadal arc. I am just saying that personally don't care for it. I like the U6 Saiyans, but I don't need to see their home.

With nothing new, it will really just be the same arguments going in circles. With weekly episodes, there was something new to discuss, even if it was rage and salt.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 pm

omaro34 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

What would be good is if the Heads of the Production would give some details as to the plan reasons why an ending is happening and why so sudden when the show is such a success?!

Seems rather risky to end now and mostly so soon to try and wrap this all up so fast.

Also what are some future plans for DB beyond the Movie and Games cause to long of a Hiatus will make their product loose ground and harder for it to gain steam again.

I Really would like to hear more info on this to get a better frame of mind on the situation.
Some people were saying it was getting very difficult for the aging Japanese voice actors and the production team releasing weekly episodes to keep up with the grind. But that couldn't have been the case because another show took over Super's time slot and a lot of the iconic VA's are cast in this show.

Super was an outstanding success, so it only makes sense to keep making money by continuing the series. The plots they introduced has so much potential to be expanded on such as the multiverse, planet Sadal, the Pride Troopers, universe 2, universe six namek, Freeza and his fate, and more importantly, the Future Trunks arc. That particular arc had so many unanswered questions and it was such an open ended ending that it would be a downright criminal to not briefly revisit it.

And when people say Super is taking a hiatus, that was never confirmed. If we don't have a date of when Super is scheduled to come back, it's not guaranteed to come back at all.

I honestly had a feeling of this when I saw the poster introducing the ToP a year ago. It had too much nostalgia of old school characters that it felt like one last hurrah.

I'm on the same boat as you. Overtime, people will lose interest and forget a lot if Super goes off the air for an extended period of time which I agree feels counter productive for them to generate interest which leads to revenue.

I guess they felt they could still make tons of money by sticking to annual movies and video games, who knows.
Indeed Omaro34, it feels like an out of left field risk to do so, I get they needed animators to make the Movie be Very Good, but it seem like an extreme measure to cut-off their main show just to make 1 movie look good unlesh this Movie is going to be of HUGE Importance to the DB Franchise like their own Avengers 2012 or something.

Also Yes, the Biggest Derailment is the Derailment of Future Plot and Stories many where seeing being teased for the Next arc which might have been their Best and Biggest World building arc that could have pushed the series at least into deep 2019. Allot of that feels like it is now derailed for Fans, Especially of New Characters like Me, that hoped for some more character building of New Characters to fill in questions and evolve what was just a Major Intro of a New cast.

The only News I can hear that might make sense of this is that Toei needs time to Clean House, get their focus back and come back with a New Series Fresh going into that Kind of Arc but they need to shake things up to get a better product out.

I am sure in this Time-period their will be Allot and I mean ALLOT of Super Retrospective Videos on where the show went right and wrong, you likely will sadly see more wrong then right I think, it is how the net is.

Point is that If Toei can give the Fans some info on why this happening for the DB Franchise Now at such an important time in their most Popular Arc and Why so soon then I think things will make more sense.

But for now Fans are left guessing as to why and more or less feeling like the legs of the show got cut-off too soon when so much Good was to come.

I can come in a new series, but that is make fans have to sit and wait for news on that and it is never good to do that, you loose more causal fans.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 pm

There's so much outrage right now on Twitter, YT, and Reddit haha! The show is ending. It's not going on hiatus. Clearly there were valid reasons for Toei deciding to bring this series to an end. Let's enjoy the Manga and see what Toyotaro does with this arc. If there's no continuation of the Manga after the ToP arc, then we know R.I.P Super in all media 2015-2018. We also have the dub to look forward to. 8)

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

One thing I don't understand is why would Toei fire a Dragon Ball animator/director right when the movie is being developed?
Feels over Reals.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:39 pm

RedHeat wrote:One thing I don't understand is why would Toei fire a Dragon Ball animator/director right when the movie is being developed?
To me I read into as he would no longer be doing anymore work with Super. The animators will come back in the summer to work on the movie, I'm sure.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:14 am

Dragon room wasn't created so that DB would stop... Something will come after the movie... Wouldn't be surprised if ep 131 ends in a ''to be continued'' way.

Just go after Z so we can finally have Goten and Trunks grown up.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 am

So basically we have a split of depression and celebration over the news.

Even when its ending, super divides the fandom.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:28 am

Just saw the news about Super and I'm tad bummed its ending. It had its low and high points but I've really enjoyed Super thus far and it's gonna be weird not having it air on Saturday anymore. Hopeful whenever Dragon ball does comes back to tv I hope it goes past the end of Z.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 am

it call a "break" for a while, you probably not thinking right... 1. bulma cast OG died someone has to replace her 2. movie being made 3. Akira doing manga to "try" catch up, 4. Uub hasn't been shown yet 5. Planet salada isn't on arc yet, they doing Hitaus on us just like GoT won't be in 2018 but in 2019, so it probably good time for DBS to take a damn break from doing show and the movie, and others, INCLUDING to think of an arc after Uub, Planet Salada, shit it is NOT going anywhere they milking money right now.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 am

Totamo wrote:So basically we have a split of depression and celebration over the news.

Even when its ending, super divides the fandom.
Ain't it something :roll:

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:56 am

If it does end... I would hope that the next series they do (if that happens) would take place after the End of Z.

And with that, I want more of the others to come the forefront. I want more stuff about Goten and Trunks. I think Goku and Vegeta should be in there... and still take part in certain fights. However, I think it's best if they do more with some of the other characters that have been in the series.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 am

You know, I’m strangely relieved that Super is ending soon. I’ve enjoyed Super for the most part, and while it’s not as good as the originals, it was fun. Ever since the Champa arc, it just got better and better. The current arc has been really fun with a bunch of great moments throughout.

The reason I’m relieved is because I needed a break from the series. The constant new episodes, while usually fun, have become tiring. The weekly wait for 3 straight years is too much. When Dragon Ball comes back, and I know it will because it makes too much money, it will be fresh again with a hopefully much better production schedule.

And since it’s ending at 131, the tournament will officially be 35 episodes long, and the arc as a whole will be 55. And people thought the recruitment stuff was going to be over half the length of the whole arc. Well, it ended up being a bit more than half the actual tournament.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 am

think about it for a second. nozawa who voice both gohan and goku is 85 years old. right now shes moving to voice in kitaro. assuming dragon ball will return it will be maybe in 2019 or 2020. from there its like what. 2-3 years airing for a new series. now way she will still be like close to 90. i dont think she can do it for much longer. she would retire soon or maybe she will die. i think this is the reason why super is ending. they will not start a new series with nozawa dying in the middle. they know the risks. they decided to wrap it up

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:39 am

Does this put more pressure on the movie to be a success? If it doesn't pull in the numbers like Rof than it'll be a flop(unlikely) and the studio would have a legitimate reason as to not bring the series back. If it's successful should we then expect a continuation of the movie or the events of EoZ. I'm assuming this movie will be the most important one to date. A lot is riding on this movie and I hope toei doesn't fuck this up.