"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Calling bullshit on Freeza not being able to keep the cage up. He's planning something. Very dissapointed that Gohan got like 5 minutes of screen time in his final episode. At least he thought of a good plan.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Today's episode was ass.

I didn't like it, choreography was non existent and Freeza felt 120% weaker than he should be. Dyspo was overhyped and his new form was just... more speed.

Bad. This shouldn't be happening in the climax :thumbdown:

Gohan also went down without much tension. 18 getting eliminated was done much better, and she should be far less relevant.
Last edited by Xeogran on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

In before the "This is BS! Gohan was screwed over because he didn't get to solo Jiren!" comments.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

kinisking wrote:Calling bullshit on Freeza not being able to keep the cage up. He's planning something. Very dissapointed that Gohan got like 5 minutes of screen time in his final episode. At least he thought of a good plan.
Gohan's name in the episode....is only actually in it for 5 minutes......wow. XD
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:In before the "This is BS! Gohan was screwed over because he didn't get to solo Jiren!" comments.
Yeah Gohan fans are gonna be annoying but I think he did just enough

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:32 pm

God of Destruction Toppo is scary......

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 pm

RIP those who thought Gohan would make it to the final two. :lol:

So, apparently: Golden Freeza > Toppo, who will need a Hakaishin-tier level to turn the tables. He looks super cool tho.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Wellp, let the rage begin...

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:In before the "This is BS! Gohan was screwed over because he didn't get to solo Jiren!" comments.
He did kind of get screwed over screen time wise this episode. Everyone got a pretty good amount of screen time in the episode that they got eliminated and Gohan didn't. His big win was a team effort too. Eh. Still very proud of what he did in the tournament overall though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Well, now it's up to Toyotaro to give the promised form to Gohan, I don't think he chose to use that outfit for no reason, so I'd say just to wait for Toyotaro's take on his character. Clearly Vegeta's new power-up is Toei's exclusive form, so there's that too.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm very proud of how Gohan-kun performed in the tournament and how he willingly sacrificed his standing similarly to how his father sacrificed himself against Cell. Gohan-kun proved vital to Team Universe Seven and proved he's become so much more powerful than he was even against Boo back in the day. I'm not happy to see him eliminated, but I'm very happy to see just how great he's become. It's kind of cruelly ironic but also strangely fulfilling that the day he made his debut in the manga (barring content covered in the movies as well as bonus chapter 3) is the same day he sacrifices his standing in the tournament. You did great, Gohan-kun; I'm so proud of you.

I have only one complaint: The way he was eliminated almost seems to suggest "He's worthy enough to sacrifice himself with his teammate firing the shot, but he's not worthy to be the one to fire that shot because No. 17 and Freeza are inherently better than him."
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:35 pm

YamiGoku wrote:Wellp, let the rage begin...
Grab your beers, this is gonna be good.

I however thought Gohan did respectfully well, never did I think the all mighty nerd would get involved in a laser cage match. Nice.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:RIP those who thought Gohan would make it to the final two. :lol:

So, apparently: Golden Freeza > Toppo, who will need a Hakaishin-tier level to turn the tables. He looks super cool tho.
How? Toppo before a power up is fighting both GF and 17. Nothing at all suggests GF > Toppo at the moment.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, now it's up to Toyotaro to give the promised form to Gohan, I don't think he chose to use that outfit for no reason, so I'd say just to wait for Toyotaro's take on his character.
Doubt it. The anime built up to something about that and did nothing with it. While the Manga had nothing even remotely mention it. Just give it to Vegeta despite barely having much to do with the plot/build up. If anything the The Black arc is where he was fit to get a new form if there was gonna be one. Must be Karma for the Cell games.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Doubt it. The anime built up to something about that and did nothing with it. While the Manga had nothing even remotely mention it. Just give it to Vegeta despite barely having much to do with the plot/build up. If anything the The Black arc is where he was fit to get a new form if there was gonna be one. Must be Karma for the Cell games.
I don't remember Vegeta's new power-up being build up either, at least not as Ultra Instinct. As I added in my previous comments, if Vegeta won't get a new form in the manga, one can totally expect that someone else will. I bet Gohan.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Grimlock wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Doubt it. The anime built up to something about that and did nothing with it. While the Manga had nothing even remotely mention it. Just give it to Vegeta despite barely having much to do with the plot/build up. If anything the The Black arc is where he was fit to get a new form if there was gonna be one. Must be Karma for the Cell games.
I don't remember Vegeta's new power-up being build up either, at least not as Ultra Instinct. As I added in my previous comments, if Vegeta won't get a new form in the manga, one can totally expect that someone else will. I bet Gohan.
The manga isn't going to give Gohan more attention than the anime. Toei seems to have a lot more respect for the character than Toriyama or Toei.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, now it's up to Toyotaro to give the promised form to Gohan, I don't think he chose to use that outfit for no reason, so I'd say just to wait for Toyotaro's take on his character. Clearly Vegeta's new power-up is Toei's exclusive form, so there's that too.
Yeah....no. Gohan is not a really big deal in the manga and I don't think he is going to be and I honestly, I think Toei made a bigger deal out pf it than it was suppose to be. Which is the biggest problem with the anime: it overhypes what they know isn't going to matter in the end.

He did well but I know there will be fans saying he should have done more because of said hype hence why I big fan of what Toyo did. No hype, no expectation, no disappointment.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Grimlock wrote:
I mean this arc Vegeta randomly gets a new power up that really makes no difference, just cause. Had no real plot/character ongoing story and is just given a bone just like that. It's probably the most random form give away I've ever seen. Staying away from logistics even Trunks Rage form had more of a reason to exist considering his role in the story, but this...

I do jest it's similar to the Cell games situation, but probably somewhat more intrusive.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Gohan saying he was going to search for a new form beyond Ultimate was an explanation for why he didn't do the ritual for SSG or get god ki. It's like Old Kai offering to unlock Goku's potential but oops, no time and Vegeta's using the chamber.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Happy gohan went out. hes always been a bit of a nothing character.

Hvae you guys seen the leaks yet? literally the most predictable end to this shitty show.