"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I don't think Vegeta has ever commented on becoming Beerus' successor one way or the other so who knows what might happen?
The episode says Vegeta surpasses one, which wouldn't be the case if he became one but Titles have been misleading before.
MrBlackFox wrote:Who knows! Would be a great twist imo
They didn't say anything about his new form ahead of time so maybe this is some big secret they've been keeping.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:45 pm

sintzu wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I don't think Vegeta has ever commented on becoming Beerus' successor one way or the other so who knows what might happen?
The episode says Vegeta surpasses one, which wouldn't be the case if he became one but Titles have been misleading before.
MrBlackFox wrote:Who knows! Would be a great twist imo
They didn't say anything about his new form ahead of time so maybe this is some big secret they've been keeping.
He could be stronger than Toppo as a GoD, even slightly, I doubt every official GoD has the same exact power level, there are differences for sure, though small

Yes, I doubt that Super Vegeta blue is his definitive new form, will be another thing to rival Goku's uber predictable perfected UI

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:47 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:I doubt Vegeta would take the GoD job . He has a family that he likes and not sure he’d want a job that keeps him away from them
Well, Beerus slept for...forever, Whis could permit Vegeta to spend his spare time on Earth with his family, having continuos training and doing his GoD work / training with Whis occasionally

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:52 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote: You've got to love Saiyan DNA, it's the gift that keeps giving.
Tell me about it, limit is not a thing Saiyan DNA seems to have, and when that's not enough, you got old Saiyan ghosts giving you godly powerups..
Which is why Freeza did nothing wrong when he wiped them out.
Absolutely, in fact Frost should have done that same with his sadala when he had the chance..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Noah wrote:
Totamo wrote:He was easily one of the best parts about the movie and is arguably the best thing modern Toriyama has written.
You mean Beerus? Yea, then I somewhat agree with that.
Beerus is great, but I'm very certain that there are a lot of people who haven't read the Jaco manga, or would like to see it adapted into an anime. As a prequel arc, it'd be great to see.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:I doubt Vegeta would take the GoD job . He has a family that he likes and not sure he’d want a job that keeps him away from them
You never know, especially considering he will pretty much outlive his family anyway.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:13 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
You never know, especially considering he will pretty much outlive his family anyway.
He's in his 50's right now and once saiyans turn 80 they age rapidly (unless he takes the job of GoD) so trunks and bulla will live longer than him

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:54 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:He's in his 50's right now and once saiyans turn 80 they age rapidly (unless he takes the job of GoD) so trunks and bulla will live longer than him
Yeah, but that's merely established fact, so they can easily retcon this or introduce a new rule, like "superior body mastery slows aging" (Roshi can teach the technique).

I'm more concerned with the implications of the GoD job. I don't see good Vegeta performing genocide again. Also, he shouldn't have any job, since his role is at the side of Goku.

I wonder, what the future will hold for the character of Beerus. If Goku and Vegeta surpass him, all of the "I'll turn you into spacedust"-dynamic would be gone. Maybe they can defeat Jiren without surpassing him individually. I have seen some aversion to fusion in this board, but I'm with Zeno on this one: If it's done really cool, all sins are forgiven.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:04 pm

darzap wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:He's in his 50's right now and once saiyans turn 80 they age rapidly (unless he takes the job of GoD) so trunks and bulla will live longer than him
Yeah, but that's merely established fact, so they can easily retcon this or introduce a new rule, like "superior body mastery slows aging" (Roshi can teach the technique).
They can say that him and Goku can now live to 500 due to them gaining SsjG and that Ki.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:06 pm

darzap wrote:

I'm more concerned with the implications of the GoD job. I don't see good Vegeta performing genocide again. Also, he shouldn't have any job, since his role is at the side of Goku.

I wonder, what the future will hold for the character of Beerus. If Goku and Vegeta surpass him, all of the "I'll turn you into spacedust"-dynamic would be gone. Maybe they can defeat Jiren without surpassing him individually. I have seen some aversion to fusion in this board, but I'm with Zeno on this one: If it's done really cool, all sins are forgiven.
Unless he utilizes the GoD only for tournament's remaining time, or becomes the GoD till the end, then losers are restored but all universes merge in one, basically making official GoD role useless, or at least giving to the best GoD the assignment of ruling on the big new one ( maybe the non participant universes' gods?)

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:06 pm

I admit " Destruction's Prince Vegeta " would be a dream

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Unless they go the Merged Megaverse route I can't imagine that being God of Destruction would keep him terribly busy with just 28 planets to cover, one of which he lives on and one being Namek which is as exciting as a cracker. Besides, Beerus doesn't seem like he's planning to step down any time soon so he probably wouldn't succede into the position for decades unless Beerus got laid off. :P

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
He wasn't weak, but he certainly wasn't GoD level strong before. This is clearly a new power that he manages to awaken due to being cornered and nearly eliminated by Freeza and 17. Probably some deep hidden potential that he has due to being chosen as the next GoD.
What I refer to is people taking his line out of contexts. Toppo detractors used his "I'm not shore I could beat him" line to infer that Toppo was not as powerful as he was made out to be. Compeletly negeltecting Goku's own missgivings on who would be the winner between them bespite haveing SSBKKx20 up his sleeve.

Toppo was always very strong but Toppo The God of Destcution is the final nail in that idea.
I certainly don't believe he's SSBKKx20 strong. He wouldn't be getting pushed back and cornered by two SSB level fighters if that was the case. He's about SSB level or maybe a bit higher prior to this GoD power-up IMO.

Like I said though, you can't really use GoD Toppo to argue against Toppo detractors because he just now acquired this power. It wasn't something he had before.
Nor am I suggesting as such, but its still stands that even with that little trick in his back pocket Goku was still unsure of Toppo so that's clearly puts him in normal SSB's ball park or maybe little stronger when he gets serious. We'll see how they scale up at full power, not counting UI, tonight.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Noah wrote:
Totamo wrote:He was easily one of the best parts about the movie and is arguably the best thing modern Toriyama has written.
You mean Beerus? Yea, then I somewhat agree with that.
Beerus is great, but I'm very certain that there are a lot of people who haven't read the Jaco manga, or would like to see it adapted into an anime. As a prequel arc, it'd be great to see.
This guy.....this guy knows whats up.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Strange, I thought by this time this thread would be still full of spoilers, I guess people are waiting the subs before watching today episode (which is better) :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:29 pm

With Gohan out of the tournament it's obvious interest has diminished. 17 and Freeza should put on a good show though.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Speak for yourself Precita. My enjoyment wasn't tied to Gohan's involvement.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:53 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Image
The point were you think to yourself....."OH ~~~~!"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Holy heck, 125 is just freaking hype. I'm speechless after all of this. Don't even know where to start.
Last edited by Xeogran on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.