"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ssj4 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Ok, the whole spit coming out of people's mouths when getting hit is just silly.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:02 pm

pacz360 wrote:Love how people love toppo all of a sudden where people talk shit about him saying justice,dabbin and calling his design garbage annoying and shit
bandwagon ass niggas i tell ya
love this nigga since day one and that love never changed :lol:
I noticed that as well. He was the only Pride Trooper that always interested me, though Dyspo won me over a bit as well.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:17 pm

ssj4 wrote:Ok, the whole spit coming out of people's mouths when getting hit is just silly.
At least something is coming out, it should be blood but we don't have the luxury right now..
I say take what you can get, it's better than seeing impact less attacks doing unseen damage..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:25 pm

ssj4 wrote:Ok, the whole spit coming out of people's mouths when getting hit is just silly.
That makes me wonder, did we see any blood in this arc at all?
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:29 pm

To who think the spoiled 17 getting knocked out next week, they didn't because he's seemingly in 127 based on this title :

"Entrusting Hope to the Final Barrier"

I guess it could be talking about Hit who's somehow, someway still in the ring waiting for the perfect moment to show his true timeskip glory. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:32 pm

sintzu wrote: I guess it could be talking about Hit who's somehow, someway still in the ring waiting for the perfect moment to show his true timeskip glory. :lol:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The very fact they showed 17 getting kinda thrown off the arena in the preview of all places should confirm he, in fact, is not out..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Xeogran wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I really think Frieza is gonna be done next episode.
Seeing how Freeza is constantly getting saved now (first by Gohan now 17) it really would be disappointing if he just gets eliminated like that.

I got the feeling that this is the writers way to Freeza's "redemption". Making him go through insane tortures which will force him to become a better being.

Either he unlocks his own Ultra Instinct or... he tosses his hatred aside to do something as bizarre as, for example, fusing with Goku :twisted:
That's one reason I think he should go: he's been saved twice in two episodes and is becoming a liability. Whose fault is it that Toppo became a God of Destruction again?

I don't think Frieza is physically capable of becoming 'good.' Even marginally less evil is a huge stretch for him. Not even two trips to Hell could get through that thick head.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Lionel wrote:From a comparative standpoint, Freeza and #17 already did far better than what their levels should have been capable of doing. Somehow they were able to push into a corner the same iteration of Toppo who was intending to fight SSJBKKx10 Goku. After Toppo unleashes his full Hakaishin powers, they proceed to lead him on in a game of cat & mouse while prompting him to exert himself with attacks; this is a character who should have already dwarfed their power by more than ten times during the beam struggle prior to Hakaishin abilities arising. Now they shouldn't even be be in the same "dimension" as Toppo. Apparently not even Vegeta with his new form that was enabling him to work in tandem with SSJBKKx20 Goku can stand up to Hakaishin Toppo. Those two somehow holding any kind of ground for a moment against Toppo now would be like Saiyan arc Chaozu mustering up a resistance against Vegeta. It seems far-fetched to say the least. If we were being consistent then both fighters would have already been reduced to the same state as Goku after Oozaru Vegeta. Along with Freeza, Toppo would have scalped #17 and he'd be jabbing his fingers in trying to figure out whether or not the cyborg's ocular cavities are actually the shape of obtuse triangles as Vegeta's appearing on the scene.
We don't know what level of Kaioken Goku was going to used and Toppo never fought Kaioken, so what would or wouldn't have happened is all speculation.
Lionel wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Lionel wrote:From a comparative standpoint, Freeza and #17 already did far better than what their levels should have been capable of doing. Somehow they were able to push into a corner the same iteration of Toppo who was intending to fight SSJBKKx10 Goku.
How do you know that wasn't a regular, 2x Kaioken though?
Both fighters afterwards expressed an uncertainty over whether or not they could beat the other. If Goku still had eight more levels of Kaioken in reserve then he wouldn't have made such a firm statement on his chances.

That wasn't what Goku said. He said he wasn't sure if Blue could beat Toppo. He never said anything about the Kaioken and he was saying this to hype Vegeta up.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
At least something is coming out, it should be blood but we don't have the luxury right now..
I say take what you can get, it's better than seeing impact less attacks doing unseen damage..
Actually, spitting blood from a gut shot is highly unrealistic.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Yeah but that's what we traditionally used to get..
We talking about seeing the shape of a hand through someones body after getting punched here, realism can be excused for a bit :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: At least something is coming out, it should be blood but we don't have the luxury right now..
We talking about seeing the shape of a hand through someones body after getting punched here, realism can be excused for a bit :lol:
I just find it amusing that spitting up spit is considered silly when it's in fact, what would realistically happened.
Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I just find it amusing that spitting up spit is considered silly when it's in fact, what would realistically happened.
I think the reason is because often they substitute spit for blood in scenes where the original manga had them vomiting blood. It's the side-by-side comparison that draws attention to it. Scientifically correct or not, it's still perceived as a censorship thing mostly.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:15 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Outside of Piccolo's blood coming out when he lost his arms,then no i don't recall anything else.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Whatever wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Outside of Piccolo's blood coming out when he lost his arms,then no i don't recall anything else.
Did they? They showed some green liquid which appeared when he grew them back in Z too, but his blood is supposed to be purple. I don't recall any purple.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:That's one reason I think he should go: he's been saved twice in two episodes and is becoming a liability. Whose fault is it that Toppo became a God of Destruction again?
Who's responsible for Goku and #17 still being in the arena again?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:53 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I really think Frieza is gonna be done next episode.
Seeing how Freeza is constantly getting saved now (first by Gohan now 17) it really would be disappointing if he just gets eliminated like that.

I got the feeling that this is the writers way to Freeza's "redemption". Making him go through insane tortures which will force him to become a better being.

Either he unlocks his own Ultra Instinct or... he tosses his hatred aside to do something as bizarre as, for example, fusing with Goku :twisted:
That's one reason I think he should go: he's been saved twice in two episodes and is becoming a liability. Whose fault is it that Toppo became a God of Destruction again?

I don't think Frieza is physically capable of becoming 'good.' Even marginally less evil is a huge stretch for him. Not even two trips to Hell could get through that thick head.
He saved 17 this episode, so he's not totally useless. 17 has actually been saved at least 3 times now.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:04 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
This.

I agree. It’s better than nothing. It’s only a color change from red to white. No big deal.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:That's one reason I think he should go: he's been saved twice in two episodes and is becoming a liability. Whose fault is it that Toppo became a God of Destruction again?
Toriyama and Toei are xD

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:16 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Toriyama and Toei are xD
(TFS Krillin voice) LET ME COPE!!!

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:40 pm

How is spit coming out of your mouth just silly..?

If somebody knees/punches you in the stomach as hard as they can, what do you think is going to happen?

I swear some people want to see blood just to see blood... Which is weird.