"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Xeogran wrote:I got the feeling that this is the writers way to Freeza's "redemption". Making him go through insane tortures which will force him to become a better being.
What? Redemption? No, I prefer Freeza to be erased for good instead of that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Goku got an asskicking from jiren and achieved UI

Vegeta got asskicking from jiren and got SS Dark Blue

Freeza got his asskicked by Toppo and is about to go Platinum

"ohohohoho, Toppo san! arigatayo seigi no sensh sama"

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:24 pm

... Platinum?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:... Platinum?
Yes
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:09 pm

ssj4 wrote:Ok, the whole spit coming out of people's mouths when getting hit is just silly.
Spit? Inside mouths ? Definitely the most unrealistic thing about Dragonball.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Noah wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:... Platinum?
Yes

Ooooooh .... (nods)

... (tilts head, narrows eyes and looks up)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Noah wrote:
Xeogran wrote:I got the feeling that this is the writers way to Freeza's "redemption". Making him go through insane tortures which will force him to become a better being.
Why do people think freeza gonna turn good let alone get a new form in this arc ?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:58 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Why do people think freeza gonna turn good let alone get a new form in this arc ?
Because he's already done things no other version of Freeza ever did.

Teamworking with Gohan twice, saving Goku twice, assisting Android 17, giving his energy to the Genki Dama..

Now it's the others turn to save him. Freeza's cold heart is opening up :angel:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Xeogran wrote:Freeza's cold heart is opening up :angel:
I saw that in the last episode: constantly attacking Toppo from behind, laughing and trash talking :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Freeza should never be redeemed. I’d have no issue with him getting over his saiyan hate boner but he should stay evil

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:01 pm

I seriously hope Freeza doesn’t get redeemed, but I certainly am curious as to how exactly they’re going to conclude his story arc. Is he going to get revived so that he could live to fight another day (possibly for another sequel series or movie), or is he going to get erased once the ToP is over?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:43 pm

i would HATE HATE HATE if Freeza got redeemed.

Did you guys ever hear of the saying "the enemy of the enemy is my friend" Freeza is working with the because he has to or the universe would be erased and he won't get his wish.

Same with Vegeta on Namek. Do you honestly think he wanted to help Gohan and Krillin? Fuck no. But he knew he needed their help (and Goku's) to beat Freeza.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Freeza being redeemed would be the last straw that breaks the camels back and the one thing that would make me stop watching modern Dragonball shows forever. He is pure evil, killed millions of people and main cast members, and is seen as the main villain of the series.

He is not like Vegeta or Piccolo, and Buu had all the evil expelled out of him into a separate character.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 pm

After this episode, I wouldn't worry about Freeza getting redeemed at all. His behavior was one long string of kick-the-dog moments, ending with a super hard comeuppance that couldn't have been more deserved. Compare that to 17, another former villain who does everything right this episode and ends it in a much better position. That's the difference between a reformed villain and one who's just as rotten as always.

Yes, we are technically rooting for him against Toppo, but look at the scene where he's shooting Toppo in the back while mocking his justice obsession, and it's pretty obvious who the "hero" of the scene is.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Kataphrut wrote:After this episode, I wouldn't worry about Freeza getting redeemed at all. His behavior was one long string of kick-the-dog moments, ending with a super hard comeuppance that couldn't have been more deserved. Compare that to 17, another former villain who does everything right this episode and ends it in a much better position. That's the difference between a reformed villain and one who's just as rotten as always.

Yes, we are technically rooting for him against Toppo, but look at the scene where he's shooting Toppo in the back while mocking his justice obsession, and it's pretty obvious who the "hero" of the scene is.
17 and 18 could barely even be considered villains. They kicked the crap out of the Z Fighters because they provoked them first.
Sure they wanted to kill Goku, but that was mostly 16. They just followed him cause they were bored.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:08 pm

precita wrote:Freeza being redeemed would be the last straw that breaks the camels back and the one thing that would make me stop watching modern Dragon Ball shows forever...
But, you see... Super is ending, a movie is coming out in December and God knows when we might get a new animated stuff... So I guess your promise could be fulfiled this time.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:26 pm

I've said this before but the most I could expect from Freeza is a self-indulging neutral character who lacks empathy for anyone. He would be worse than Beerus, probably no allegiances to anyone except himself. His sadism would still be present but perhaps it could be limited to just those who attempt to actively oppose him.
Last edited by Lionel on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:02 pm

The reason why frieza is in his current condition is all Sidra and Rou’s fault.

Sidra sending that tiny hakai ball and Rou saying Sidra couldn’t easily destroy Freeza made Freeza think he was beyond the Gods of Destruction. Poor Freeza

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:10 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:The reason why frieza is in his current condition is all Sidra and Rou’s fault.

Sidra sending that tiny hakai ball and Rou saying Sidra couldn’t easily destroy Freeza made Freeza think he was beyond the Gods of Destruction. Poor Freeza
Yeah, but now he know what a god of destruction can do, while they are still holding back from killing.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:16 pm

precita wrote:Freeza being redeemed would be the last straw that breaks the camels back and the one thing that would make me stop watching modern Dragonball shows forever. He is pure evil, killed millions of people and main cast members, and is seen as the main villain of the series.

He is not like Vegeta or Piccolo, and Buu had all the evil expelled out of him into a separate character.
You do know Vegeta was a mass murderer and loved it, right?