"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:45 am

Could Jiren full power be way stronger than Toppo already is?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:14 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Could Jiren full power be way stronger than Toppo already is?
That’s a question that is self answered. Of course he would be.

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 am

Easily, because the spoilers seem to indicate that Toppo is going to lose to Bluer SSB Vegeta. While they need UI to go against Jiren.
Last edited by Glen300 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:Goku just doesnt belong here. If anything Veegta should get the winning strike.
This has been a Goku centric arc form the very start so if Vegeta's going to get a win I'd rather it be in his own arc.
We are never gonna get a Vegeta centric arc. This arc had him survive the Big bad AND get an on screen transformation, break his limits.

No better chance than this to do it. This is likely the last time Vegeta will be this important in any arc.
Never say never. Miracles do happen.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
This has been a Goku centric arc form the very start so if Vegeta's going to get a win I'd rather it be in his own arc.
We are never gonna get a Vegeta centric arc. This arc had him survive the Big bad AND get an on screen transformation, break his limits.

No better chance than this to do it. This is likely the last time Vegeta will be this important in any arc.
Sadal would be a good arc to cener around him which is likely.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:

You know, even if Goku doesn't beat Jiren all alone....He has got enough of a spotlight. Just look:

-Currently, he has the most eliminations
-Got his own special episode when he has unlocked Ultra Instinct and was fighting Jiren on par
-Beat powerful fusion (Kefla) and showed us how awesome UI is
-He's been basically in every single episode of DBS in this tournament and some people were even complaining that he hogs too much of a screentime

Also, it's still very likely to happen that he beats Jiren but what's wrong with Vegeta actually helping him out? It's good, because Goku & Vegeta fanbases will be satisfied (except for those diehard fans/fanboys who are greedy as heck) and at the same time you won't downgrade Jiren.

This is the problem with every main antagonist so far that they had been always getting downgraded at the very end except for all that hype they'd received.

So it's good that it takes Mastered UI Goku and possibly some sort of even more Bluer Vegeta :lol: to take Jiren down.

Would it be a problem for me if Vegeta actually got the UI? Not really, because he was aiming for this since the very first training with Whis and this is what he wanted them to learn.

They were following the same path (Goku got SSG, and then improved version - SSB , along with Vegeta), so there's a huge possibility that this pattern will repeat itself (Goku getting incompleted UI - only defensive side, and then getting Mastered UI along with Vegeta), because Bluer Blue puts Vegeta only on SSBKKx20 level and that's not enough to compete with Goku. If they were potrayed to be rivals and kinda equal to themselves, then let's keep it this way.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 am

Professor Freeza wrote: This is likely the last time Vegeta will be this important in any arc.
What are ya'll even talking about? Vegeta has been a huge point in this entire series. Not even just Super. But ever since the Sayain Saga. Helping in the battle against Ginyu Force, Frieza, Androids, Cell, Majin Buu, if we count GT the list goes on with the Shadow Dragon's and Baby and etc. In Super he literally one upped Goku against Frieza(humiliated him), surpassed him as a regular SS against Beerus. Humiliated Goku Black, and yes he has had moments right after most of these where he gets dragged and beat down etc. But so does Goku. He even had great moments against Jiren and is about to(most likely) eliminate a God of Destruction canidate, official or whatever that's a big deal. Vegeta is a vital point of the series and I hate that fans swear he's just a jobber.

And now that he's actually training alongside Goku with Beerus and Whis, how can anyone say this would be the last arc he's relevant in. Ifanything post this arc, if DB returns to continue the story, then we'll get even deeper arcs on both characters and their journey to become stronger. Hell I wouldn't be suprised if Vegeta become a God of Destruction as he has literally all the points and qualifications to do so, all he needs is to be trained.

Edit: Sadal is another good idea for a Vegeta centric arc.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 am

Humiliated Goku Black
Too bad all he accomplished was convince Black to break through his shell and expand his mastodontic powers beyond his own divine comprehension.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:08 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Humiliated Goku Black
Too bad all he accomplished was convince Black to break through his shell and expand his mastodontic powers beyond his own divine comprehension.

Not in the manga adaptation though.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 pm

I don't think Vegeta would ever become or should become a god of destruction. I don't think his character fits that kind of behavior anymore. Freeza is best for that job.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 pm

kinisking wrote:I don't think Vegeta would ever become or should become a god of destruction. I don't think his character fits that kind of behavior anymore. Freeza is best for that job.
Frieza would be a terrible God of Destruction. The gods in the higher-ranked Universes consider their work carefully to improve their Universe's overall wellbeing. Arack's profile says he carefully researches what needs to be destroyed, for example. Frieza's too cruel, capricious and power-hungry to ever do something like that. He basically was acting God of Destruction while Beerus was hibernating and look how that turned out.

Being a God of Destruction doesn't mean you have to act like pre-BoG Beerus. He's doing his job completely wrong which is why Universe 7 is ranked so low.

I think Goku and Vegeta have the right demeanors for the job. Just look at what they do now; they kill the assholes who threaten the Universe and refuse to shape up but spare or can be convinced to spare the ones who might change their ways. Many of Goku's friends are former villains, after all.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:56 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
kinisking wrote:I don't think Vegeta would ever become or should become a god of destruction. I don't think his character fits that kind of behavior anymore. Freeza is best for that job.
Frieza would be a terrible God of Destruction. The gods in the higher-ranked Universes consider their work carefully to improve their Universe's overall wellbeing. Arack's profile says he carefully researches what needs to be destroyed, for example. Frieza's too cruel, capricious and power-hungry to ever do something like that. He basically was acting God of Destruction while Beerus was hibernating and look how that turned out.

Being a God of Destruction doesn't mean you have to act like pre-BoG Beerus. He's doing his job completely wrong which is why Universe 7 is ranked so low.

I think Goku and Vegeta have the right demeanors for the job. Just look at what they do now; they kill the assholes who threaten the Universe and refuse to shape up but spare or can be convinced to spare the ones who might change their ways. Many of Goku's friends are former villains, after all.
If Goku didn't want to kill Freeza why do you think he'd be a god of destruction ? Goku only kills when absolutely forced to.

When you kill a planet, there's always going to be some innocents that you're destroying. Even if the species overall is terrible. I don't think Goku and even Vegeta would be interested in a job where they go around killing people. I don't think they'd be interested in being gods at all actually. Goku sure as hell wasn't at the end of Dragonball.

Freeza is probably the only u7 member that would even be interested in being a God of destruction. And his character could reasonably developed into being a good one too.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:11 pm

He’s stated/implied/arguably shown to be a level that not even a Hakaishin can beat, so despite Toppo’s magnificent showing, yes, Jiren is indeed stronger.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm

The only way I could see Frieza being a God of Destruction is if he kept in mind that Vegeta/Goku would keep him in Check if he goes berserk. I doubt he’d ever do such a thing, but it’s cool to think about.

I personally can’t see Frieza wearing a God of Destruction outfit.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:22 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:The only way I could see Frieza being a God of Destruction is if he kept in mind that Vegeta/Goku would keep him in Check if he goes berserk. I doubt he’d ever do such a thing, but it’s cool to think about.

I personally can’t see Frieza wearing a God of Destruction outfit.

He wore body armor. Also the GoD outfit is something he will not only wear, he will show it off and brag about it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 pm

kinisking wrote: If Goku didn't want to kill Freeza why do you think he'd be a god of destruction ? Goku only kills when absolutely forced to.

When you kill a planet, there's always going to be some innocents that you're destroying. Even if the species overall is terrible. I don't think Goku and even Vegeta would be interested in a job where they go around killing people. I don't think they'd be interested in being gods at all actually. Goku sure as hell wasn't at the end of Dragonball.

Freeza is probably the only u7 member that would even be interested in being a God of destruction. And his character could reasonably developed into being a good one too.
Goku didn't want to, but he did it anyway when Frieza showed his stupidity. Or tried to, anyway. And then he did it again in RoF and he's the one who said he or Vegeta would kill Frieza the third time if he acted up again. Goku doesn't have qualms about killing when he needs to. With Frieza he lamented the waste of ability, but he had no problems trying to kill Cell or Buu and he blew Zamasu's head clean off.

Who says you have to kill a whole planet? How many whole planets are nothing but evil? Sidra wiped out a whole city of innocents to wipe out some marauders and Mojito clearly wasn't happy about that. Beerus wanted to wipe out the Saiyans because King Vegeta pissed him off and he didn't think they would change but he was clearly wrong about that and if things had worked out his way he'd ve enjoying non-existence right now. What's stopping them from pulling out the weeds and keeping what'd good? Goku's a farmer. That's a concept I'm sure even he can understand. You don't have to torch the whole field. That's what Beerus was doing.

Edit: And I'm not saying he would take the job since nobody's offering as of right now. I'm saying that if circumstances arose and he somehow did, I think he'd be very good at it.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm

sangofe wrote:Has someone read this?

https://twitter.com/naoV47/status/956197701959303169
Hmm, saw it earlier and forgot to react to it. Just making sure, who is this from?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:

Hmm, saw it earlier and forgot to react to it. Just making sure, who is this from?
Shida.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:04 pm

He is hoping what everyone is hoping, that a new show comes after the movie. But that’s it, just what he wants.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:

He is hoping what everyone is hoping, that a new show comes after the movie. But that’s it, just what he wants.
His wants hold a lot more weight than ours, that's for sure.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.