"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Totamo wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Totamo wrote: Because of 1. Merged zamasu was way weaker in the anime. 2. Toyo previewed that Super saiyan blue has flaws 3. Trunks jacked ss2 did nothing.

But the most beautiful reason: NONE OF THEM WERE POWERED BY FAMILY AND FRIENDSHIP!!!! Thats my big issue with Vegeta's transformation. It was powered by emotion other than rage. Dragon ball is not Fairy Tail, damnit. It should be above this and for a good bit in super it was. Vegeta did get a boost against bulma but then Beerus made it worthless.

Sorry this line confused me. Merged Zamasu is blatanely infirior to his anime counterpart. But really thats a topic for the power level section....

Or do you mean the power level inconsistancy of normal Merged Zamasu and your not talking about his Half-Corrupted State?
its both. In the anime, Merged zamasu and Vegito were pretty even, in the manga, it was a straight slaughterfest for Vegito so when Goku started kicking his ass with a new form, I didn't even blink.

But when Trunks starts dueling with him evenly in the anime, I was scratched my head for like days.
That was because Zamasu lost speed when he bulked out, Vegetto pointed it out. Vegetas feats tonight make Trunks more logical.

The Briefs bloodline is just too op.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Dat Final Explosion on Toppo. I guess we can agree that Vegeta was badass today.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Freeza9000 wrote: The only thing I can complain about is Toppo being a disappointment in this episode.
You know what this means,this is Toppo first legit Victory strange isn't it coming from this version of all things :thumbup: .
Last edited by The gr on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Vegeta without Armour = Vegito incoming???

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Rage is an emotion. And emotion is what fuels some of the Super Saiyan forms.
Thats why I said other than rage, because that was a precedent.

When has Geets' pride ever helped him in battle besides making him more durable.

I'm super glad that someone other than Goku got something really big, just like with Trunks. But I just don't understand why Toei can't put some logic in this stuff because this so freaking dumb, but its so freaking cool.

and that last sentence sums up super pretty well for me.
I don't see what the big issue is. Intense emotions can lead to Saiyans breaking through barriers and spontaneously achieving new heights of power, whether it's temporary boost in power or attaining a certain SSJ form. it doesn't matter if the emotion is rage, desperation, pride or envy, it just happens.
You know, maybe You are right. It just feels wrong that a powerful enemy that is as close to the second most powerful class in the show was beaten through the power of family and friendship.

We all here know Vegeta cares about his family, thats why I was glad they used Cabbain 123 because thats actual new . But super has been using the family angle for Gohan, Krillin and of course Vegeta, it just feels like kind of unDragon Ball.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Full power Jiren looks cool. He has like a triple supernova aura going on. Nothing much new in the extended NEP. Jiren whoops Goku and Vegeta's asses and 17 steps up for the defense.
Totamo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote: Thats why I said other than rage, because that was a precedent.

When has Geets' pride ever helped him in battle besides making him more durable.

I'm super glad that someone other than Goku got something really big, just like with Trunks. But I just don't understand why Toei can't put some logic in this stuff because this so freaking dumb, but its so freaking cool.

and that last sentence sums up super pretty well for me.
I don't see what the big issue is. Intense emotions can lead to Saiyans breaking through barriers and spontaneously achieving new heights of power, whether it's temporary boost in power or attaining a certain SSJ form. it doesn't matter if the emotion is rage, desperation, pride or envy, it just happens.
You know, maybe You are right. It just feels wrong that a powerful enemy that is as close to the second most powerful class in the show was beaten through the power of family and friendship.

We all here know Vegeta cares about his family, thats why I was glad they used Cabbain 123 because thats actual new . But super has been using the family angle for Gohan, Krillin and of course Vegeta, it just feels like kind of unDragon Ball.
Goku also thought of his family and friends before he powered up for his final rally against Beerus in Battle of Gods.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

Sorry this line confused me. Merged Zamasu is blatanely infirior to his anime counterpart. But really thats a topic for the power level section....

Or do you mean the power level inconsistancy of normal Merged Zamasu and your not talking about his Half-Corrupted State?
its both. In the anime, Merged zamasu and Vegito were pretty even, in the manga, it was a straight slaughterfest for Vegito so when Goku started kicking his ass with a new form, I didn't even blink.

But when Trunks starts dueling with him evenly in the anime, I was scratched my head for like days.
That was because Zamasu lost speed when he bulked out, Vegeta pointed it out. Vegetas feats tonight make Trunks more logical.

The Briefs bloodline is just too op.
And there's also the fact that the suposside "Supreme God" fusion is riddled with flaws thanks to Zamasu's utter ignorance on the finner points of it.

Not counting his obesstion with gods and mortals, you have the fact that he fused with Black who was still SS Rose which means he cannot power down and his body is constantly put under strain (a strain Elder Kai warned Goku could shorten his life), made worse by the fact that thanks to Black's Super Zenkai he conintually getting stronger from all the damage his taking which likely exeserbates the problem. So his body is a constantly powered up state, that keeps getting boosted, that is effectively killing him while his semi-immortaility is working to keep him alive. Then you have the fact he's not a true immortal anymore.

This is really only half the problems he's got but I think it makes the point clear on that side of the matter.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Kinokima wrote:People complain when Vegeta thinks of his family and people complain when Vegeta doesn’t think of his family. Guess you can’t please everyone.

Personally I love Vegeta changing so much that he now finds the power within himself because of selfless things like love of his family and a promise to Cabba. That just shows how far he has come as a character.

I also like that his pride is a positive thing for him. Pride can be both positive and negative depending on the circumstance. And that has always been true for Vegeta too.
I'm just happy that for once his Pride was a positive thing, every other time its always superseded by an ass kicking or him being made to look like a total moron.

Before he fought with selfish pride. Here he was being entirely selfless. I think that is the difference.

It wasn’t really Vegeta’s pride that was the problem it was the fact that he put that pride before everything else. Now he uses his pride for others.

It’s character development and as I said in the past it doesn’t make sense for Vegeta to keep being written as the loser when he changed into a better person. Of course another issue is there isn’t always enough strong fighters to go around (and I think that was an issue in the TOP regardless) but I do think Toppo probably got the power up so Vegeta would have a major fight to win. I mean he’s not going to get Jiren obviously and Toppo without the god powers would have not really been a true challenge for Vegeta.

I know that’s not really fair to Toppo but that’s just how I see it!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:31 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Full power Jiren looks cool. He has like a triple supernova aura going on. Nothing much new in the extended NEP. Jiren whoops Goku and Vegeta's asses and 17 steps up for the defense.
Totamo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I don't see what the big issue is. Intense emotions can lead to Saiyans breaking through barriers and spontaneously achieving new heights of power, whether it's temporary boost in power or attaining a certain SSJ form. it doesn't matter if the emotion is rage, desperation, pride or envy, it just happens.

Goku also thought of his family and friends before he powered up for his final rally against Beerus in Battle of Gods.
And he lost. Proving my point that Dragon ball was above this sort of thing.

But You know what? I'm up for explanations maybe it will make more sense when I watched it subbed.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm

Totamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Full power Jiren looks cool. He has like a triple supernova aura going on. Nothing much new in the extended NEP. Jiren whoops Goku and Vegeta's asses and 17 steps up for the defense.
Totamo wrote: You know, maybe You are right. It just feels wrong that a powerful enemy that is as close to the second most powerful class in the show was beaten through the power of family and friendship.

Family and friendship was a core reason to Gohan beating Cell.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Dragon Ball was never "above" the power of love/friendship/united we stand" trope because it always used it. It never alone worked with anger and training. It always combined these things with the emotional connection to other people, which is most of the time how that rage and all even happened, as well as the transformations.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:43 pm

What the fuck? What’s with jirens attitude of all a sudden? How can say that to toppo? There is something fishy going on with jiren.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:

he lost his dad and his entire arm and only won because of Vegeta's distraction.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm

And people act like Vegeta went from 1 to 1000. He trains like crazy and also trains with Whis and Beerus two Gods. It didn’t come from nowhere. It was more that he found power within himself.

I mean one could argue that Toppo got a crazy power up because he decided to throw away justice. That’s okay.

But Vegeta thinking of his family and Cabba to win a fight is too much?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Jiren looks badass with his hidden power unleashed. Tho we know he still aint going full power without UI goku in the field

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:49 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:What the fuck? What’s with jirens attitude of all a sudden? How can say that to toppo? There is something fishy going on with jiren.
He's an asshole. This is common knowledge lol. At the same time, what he said isn't wrong.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:What the fuck? What’s with jirens attitude of all a sudden? How can say that to toppo? There is something fishy going on with jiren.
I'm just thankful that this proves Jiren's wish for the Super Dragon Balls isn't to get a personality. In all honesty, I had an "oh, dang" feeling when Jiren degraded Top that way; I hope this is going to make Jiren really feel like a villain for the first time.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Totamo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote: And he lost. Proving my point that Dragon ball was above this sort of thing.
he lost his dad and his entire arm and only won because of Vegeta's distraction.
Had Gohan not gotten the encourage that he did from Goku from the dead, he wouldn't have even put a fight to begin after he broke his arm, nor would he have used all of his remaining power (which was stated to be enough to kill Cell) to finish the job.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
I'm just thankful that this proves Jiren's wish for the Super Dragon Balls isn't to get a personality. In all honesty, I had an "oh, dang" feeling when Jiren degraded Top that way; I hope this is going to make Jiren really feel like a villain for the first time.
They shouldn’t make jiren feel like a villain when he isn’t. I’m expecting a twist going on with jiren. Not that he is evil, but something bigger

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Not necessarily fishy. Maybe Jiren just didn't like Toppo choosing GoD power over Justice (tm) and his Pride Trooper uniform. He commented negatively on Toppo having thrown everything away for nothing and commented approvingly on Vegeta defeating Toppo while staying true to his believes and priorities.

But it could just as well be the beginning of a setup of Jiren as a villain or at least somebody with twisted intentions. They might raise the stakes during this final battle. If there is some plot to be revealed, possibly surrounding Jiren's wish, it can't be too messed up, because Belmod seems to know about it (as implied in the manga). Or Belmod is involved in some shady plan as well. If so, does Marcarita know about it? Because the angels still seem to be neutral and loyal to the throne of Zeno and the Grand Priest. I can't wait for the next set of spoilers.