"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Alruneia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Freeza was rekt by Toppo and was hit by Jiren's attack, I don't think he can fight anymore.
He doesn't really need to. Goku and Jiren can knock each other out in their final clash, meaning Frieza wins by being the last man standing. This would probably be done in a comical [white arm pops out of some rubble] fashion.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 73 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link (Currently on hiatus. Not permanently, though, I promise!)
Another project is coming soon-ish... (3/6)

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 pm

About time we start clearing these other people out so we can actually get to the fight that people want to see. It's unfortunate that it will only last a couple of episodes, but the animation budget probably requires it.

Vegeta will stay true to his role as side kick and hold Jiren off so the main hero Goku can recover his strength (kid buu arc). Hopefully he will be forced to acknowledge Goku's superiority again which will lead to that "cool" Vegeta moment (which ironically will bring his character arc back to where it was originally resolved before Super screwed that up and made him unbearable).

Goku Time! I'm pumped!

Oh and btw Vegeta's new form is proven to be a worthless inclusion.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Kaiosama wrote:About time we start clearing these other people out so we can actually get to the fight that people want to see. It's unfortunate that it will only last a couple of episodes, but the animation budget probably requires it.

Vegeta will stay true to his role as side kick and hold Jiren off so the main hero Goku can recover his strength (kid buu arc). Hopefully he will be forced to acknowledge Goku's superiority again which will lead to that "cool" Vegeta moment (which ironically will bring his character arc back to where it was originally resolved before Super screwed that up and made him unbearable).

Goku Time! I'm pumped!

Oh and btw Vegeta's new form is proven to be a worthless inclusion.
How was his new form a worthless inclusion? It looks ugly as sin due to the ideas and aura imo but it beat a powerful opponent in Toppo.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:About time we start clearing these other people out so we can actually get to the fight that people want to see. It's unfortunate that it will only last a couple of episodes, but the animation budget probably requires it.

Vegeta will stay true to his role as side kick and hold Jiren off so the main hero Goku can recover his strength (kid buu arc). Hopefully he will be forced to acknowledge Goku's superiority again which will lead to that "cool" Vegeta moment (which ironically will bring his character arc back to where it was originally resolved before Super screwed that up and made him unbearable).

Goku Time! I'm pumped!

Oh and btw Vegeta's new form is proven to be a worthless inclusion.
How was his new form a worthless inclusion? It looks ugly as sin due to the ideas and aura imo but it beat a powerful opponent in Toppo.
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:About time we start clearing these other people out so we can actually get to the fight that people want to see. It's unfortunate that it will only last a couple of episodes, but the animation budget probably requires it.

Vegeta will stay true to his role as side kick and hold Jiren off so the main hero Goku can recover his strength (kid buu arc). Hopefully he will be forced to acknowledge Goku's superiority again which will lead to that "cool" Vegeta moment (which ironically will bring his character arc back to where it was originally resolved before Super screwed that up and made him unbearable).

Goku Time! I'm pumped!

Oh and btw Vegeta's new form is proven to be a worthless inclusion.
How was his new form a worthless inclusion? It looks ugly as sin due to the ideas and aura imo but it beat a powerful opponent in Toppo.
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: How was his new form a worthless inclusion? It looks ugly as sin due to the ideas and aura imo but it beat a powerful opponent in Toppo.
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
Yeah, but eliminating a hakaishin is nothing compared to reaching a power beyond and eliminate a character as powerful as Jiren. He's also going out before Freeza, so Freeza was far more important to the narrative. As always, Vegeta has only been good for eliminating the underlings so Goku can look better.

Vegeta will never be able to touch Goku after mastering UI and I hope they never bring back the series and try to force him on the fans again. What terrible writing that was.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
Yeah, but eliminating a hakaishin is nothing compared to reaching a power beyond and eliminate a character as powerful as Jiren. He's also going out before Freeza, so Freeza was far more important to the narrative. As always, Vegeta has only been good for eliminating the underlings so Goku can look better.

Vegeta will never be able to touch Goku after mastering UI and I hope they never bring back the series and try to force him on the fans again. What terrible writing that was.
And? Tell me why it’s important for vegeta to reach power beyond hakaishin level? And why should vegeta be able to eliminate jiren? You do know that jirens power is so rare, that it was only considered a rumor that such a being existed, right?

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13033
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:And? Tell me why it’s important for vegeta to reach power beyond hakaishin level? And why should vegeta be able to eliminate jiren? You do know that jirens power is so rare, that it was only considered a rumor that such a being existed, right?
Honestly you could have had the exact same story in 125/126 without the Hakaishin Toppo/Eletric Blualoo power up, and really nothing would be lost. Toppo can still throw away justice which is made more of an ideology big deal rather than power based, and Vegeta could basically do the exact same thing and get a win.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
Yeah, but eliminating a hakaishin is nothing compared to reaching a power beyond and eliminate a character as powerful as Jiren. He's also going out before Freeza, so Freeza was far more important to the narrative. As always, Vegeta has only been good for eliminating the underlings so Goku can look better.

Vegeta will never be able to touch Goku after mastering UI and I hope they never bring back the series and try to force him on the fans again. What terrible writing that was.
And? Tell me why it’s important for vegeta to reach power beyond hakaishin level? And why should vegeta be able to eliminate jiren? You do know that jirens power is so rare, that it was only considered a rumor that such a being existed, right?
Because it makes him irrelevant when he's supposed to be Goku's rival. He's going to do the job again like he always does to make Goku look better and the writers trying to push this "rivalry" on us when it's been clear that it's never been one. Goku has ALWAYS DOMINATED Vegeta. So why won't the writers actually utilize characters who have the potential to be far more interesting like Hit or Frieza? Vegeta's repetitive wanking by the writers on his PRIDE and the repetitive speeches over the last 5 episodes have become so unbearable and are a major turn off to his character. Can we please find a legitimate well written rival in power please Toei?

Heck even Gohan would make more sense if he got the same training as Goku and Vegeta. It's just silly pandering and ridiculous writing when they keep trying to push this narrative of Goku and Vegeta being legitimate rivals when it's never been competitive. Now Naruto and Saskue is a real rivalry that's competitive and written way better. UI will never be touched. Even Beerus will become fodder now.
Last edited by Kaiosama on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Olympian
Regular
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Totamo wrote: You damn well know it does when it comes to money otherwise they wouldn't be making toys and so many shonen parodying his todeath.
Sure he`s become a popular meme but he`s not the only one. Vegeta has a vribrating crying figure now (same line as Yamcha`s death pose figure I guess) on top of his Bingo Dance and "Badman" figurines. The meme being exploited is par the course for the Shonen culture.
Totamo wrote: Yamcha unlike every other character was never really that respected by Toriyama. He was a jobber in the tournaments, was dumped by Bulma several times, then gets killed by the weakest enemy in all of z and before you say it could have happened to any other human, it only happened to Yamcha that we saw and then the biggest disrespect he loses his girl to the man who indirectly killed him.
A bit of revisionista theory going on, but okay. First, how can you tell he was "never" respected or otherwise? Let`s look at the points you mention.

Considering he always faced someone strong enough/potentially stronger than Goku, how much of a jobber does that make him? Let`s compare his track record in the original series with say, Kuririn.

Yamcha saves the gang (Oolong, Bulma and Goku) lives, comes with the idea to stop Pilaf`s wish and is the one actively stoping Oozaru Goku in the opening main arc. Both he and Kuririn face Goku in the early days and Yamcha does better between the two. In the 21st Bodukai, Yamcha is taken out by Roshi, whereas Kuririn does better against him at the semis. The kick on the other hand is that you can`t hardly compare since Kuririn does as well because he was trained under Roshi, Yamcha wasn`t.

Next, the gang faces the RRA and performs at Baba`s Tournament. At the RRA arc, does Kuririn does that well against General Blue? Not that I recall, apart from showing tenancy and guts. At Baba`s, he acts all cocky and is quickly taken out by Fangs. Yamcha comes up with the plan to win that round and go in the second. While Kuririn does come next with the idea to help Yamcha against the Invisible Man, it was made clear Yamcha wouldn`t have needed it if Baba hadn`t cheat so he wouldn`t hear the opponent`s foosteps. Next, Yamcha faces Bandage Man and despite being clearly overpowered, by sheer grit manages to sweap him off the ring and take take the big guy by surprise. Goku clears the rest with Karin`s Water zenkai (altho Gohan is another story). Yamcha is then accepted under Roshi with his performance.

22nd Bodukai. Yamcha faces Tenshinhan, the winner of the Tournament. In 3 years time he shows to have mastered the Kamekameha without being taught. He`s knocked out not due to lack of skill but by surprise (we`ll touch upon this on the Saibaman thing again) Kuririn faces Chiatzu and only wins because he was smarter. While is true that Dance Air gave them the advantage, In under nearly a decade his Kamehameha wasn`t at the powerscaling level of Yamcha`s and Chiaotzu was clearly overpowering him with his Ki expertise while being servicble hand to hand. Against Goku in the semis he made use of hit and run tactics.

Piccolo arc, Kuririn dies right away with a kick in the head and Yamcha is benched with the broken leg.

23rd Bodukai. Yamcha faces Shen who is Kami in disguise. Now, while he gets to be made a fool of himself the chapter is all about perceptions. Everybody, Kuririn included, saw Shen as an easy pick. Roshi, who is usually all wise in reading opponents, clearly tought the same. All sans Goku, who sensed something weird in him. Kuririn gets a more respectable showing in not making himself a fool becaue he fought Piccolo. Enough said.

For comparison`s sake, Tenshinhan was also made a fool at in his fight with Goku. Not only at the arena and to the public because of the patsy but in his own eyes when at the end he recgonize how far behind he truly was to Goku. He was beaten with his own techniques and Goku exploiting the flaw of a new one.

Now, was he treated in narrative as a shitty fighter? No. Despite the flaws of his style being flashy being pointed ot by one of his sensei, the same would end up accepting him as a student and see him master DA move without being taught at. Suits to remember that Yamcha is accepted by outperforming Kuririn (who had training already) and under kami by necessity of being one of the top of the world. Same narrative for example testifies his "fall out" guy status with exemplary testemonies of how strong he was. When Roshi easily takes him out, Goku is in awe exactly because he didn`t have it close as easy against Yamcha. When Yamcha feels Shen is treathing him as a kid, Shen confides in him his identity before anyone and claims that with just a bit more training he would surpass him, that he wa merely simply stronger at that point.

Let`s recall the jump Yamcha and the others made with Kami and Popo in less than a year. So, while Kuririn and Tenshinhan were considered graduates by Roshi, Yamcha was given the peep talk of surpassing GOD by the very same. Not bad, not bad.
Totamo wrote:was always treated like dirt when it came to fighting.
After what I listed, you need to especify. Keep in mind that just like Yamcha, the moment Kuririn faced someone in Goku`s league he was also out of the main four or was the first to go as well (Saiyan arc basically starts with him being one shot by Raditz tail). Chiatzu was truly given the dirt by losing to Cyborg Tao and anyone can tell it was done so Tenshinhan would break any ties with their former sensei. I rater Chiatzu and Tenshinhan fought and had a vs showcasing ground fight against physic attacks.

Chiatzu was given the dirt because unlike Yamcha, he was regalated to Tenshinhan`s sidekick.
Totamo wrote: Why can't Yamcha be both, because he was never fucking both. Why can't Toriyama subvert expectations about Yamcha? Because they are none to subvert. No lie, I have Yamcha fans in real life and they liked him because he sucks since I have been a fan for 7 years. You are an anomaly in the fandom. Mistare fusion made a video about how Toriyama assassinated Yamcha's character in the Cell saga and I could only burst out in laughter. Because his character was already dead when a saibamen blew him up and krillin takes out 5 of them


*reads above*

Yes, there is and is not even about blaiming Toei because for decades Toei actually went to the trouble of making material that made Yamcha outright stronger than Kuririn right down to the Buu arc. From fighting Tamborine with a broken leg, to fighting Olibu and Reccome. Even in the source material, despite how assassine the Saibaman bit was because it directly disregards the teachings and experience Yamcha had in fights up to that point, Toryama still made Kuririn go down the fastest against the Cell Jr. That`s not just anime filler. Ten and Yamcha both last longer until the end of the chapter.

By the way, he takes four and using his max power in one attack. While the Saibaman thing was cheap shock drama, Kuririn basically admits it would have happened to him if they haven`t switched. But this one I conceed your point because the "show, don`t tell" rule fully applies and the fickle fandom won`t bother reading the pretty lines. Likewise, I don`t think Tenshinhan was painted much better. The master tactitian turning his back on a conscious opponent and being saved only because the main bad guy wanted to make that Sai an example to not take the humans at face value. What is that? They were going with Tournaments rules to buy time for Goku to arrive? Oh, Yamcha`s Saibaman was going harder because of the humilliation the first had? Nobody ain`t got time for the story!

Is Kuririn a more important popular character thanks to his relationship to Goku? Yes. Is Kikoho of the main attacks of the whole show? Yes. But don`t pretend to think that Yamcha defenders are minority cucoos hiding in forests. As you said, you`ve been a fan for seven years. A good deal of us were there since the beginning.

Lastly, the dumping :problem: Why do people headcanon something that it was hardly there? Both he and Bulma were off and on for years and both would fly off for different reasons. Yamcha to train and Bulma because "he would be" cheating because fangirls. The last comment we got is from Future Trunks and claims Yamcha cheated so Bulma ends the relationship. She then later develops feelings for Vegeta. She never chosed one over the other. We also know that switcheroo made zero sense, that Bulma and Yamcha`s voice actors went at Toryama as if he was drunk and it was only made to easily add another Saiyan to the work.

I guess if I didn`t know any better I too would believe a fictional character "sucks at life" because a fandom so desperatly wants to box him in but thing is, I watched and read the whole thing before there was even a meme so I can tell the difference. Well that and I just naturally stand against fickle fandoms being weabos.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 pm

None of the spoilers mention Freeza getting knocked out, but one does say Goku and Jiren are the last ones standing when two minutes are left..

I dunno if that means Freeza is knocked out and it's simply not mentioned or they want the audience to forget that Freeza is still in the ring, which will not work, like at all..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: How was his new form a worthless inclusion? It looks ugly as sin due to the ideas and aura imo but it beat a powerful opponent in Toppo.
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
You're arguing with an obvious Goku fan and Vegeta hater. It's pointless trying to use reason with him.

Back on topic:

Vegeta and 17 had great runs, so I'm fine with them going out now. Vegeta took down a GoD level fighter and 17 has been exceeding expectations since the tournament started. 128 will probably be it for me with Super though as I have no interest in Goku vs Jiren. I'll watch 131 though for the conclusion.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
You're arguing with an obvious Goku fan and Vegeta hater. It's pointless trying to use reason with him.

Back on topic:

Vegeta and 17 had great runs, so I'm fine with them going out now. Vegeta took down a GoD level fighter and 17 has been exceeding expectations since the tournament started. 128 will probably be it for me with Super though as I have no interest in Goku vs Jiren. I'll watch 131 though for the conclusion.
Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 pm

vashter wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
You're arguing with an obvious Goku fan and Vegeta hater. It's pointless trying to use reason with him.

Back on topic:

Vegeta and 17 had great runs, so I'm fine with them going out now. Vegeta took down a GoD level fighter and 17 has been exceeding expectations since the tournament started. 128 will probably be it for me with Super though as I have no interest in Goku vs Jiren. I'll watch 131 though for the conclusion.
Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.
I really won't. It's two characters that I'm completely apathetic towards, so I have no interest in watching a fight between them.

Go elsewhere if you wanna start hurling insults.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6474
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:34 pm

vashter wrote:Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.
There's nothing hilarious about that, actually. As I'm not interested in more Goku fights either (mainly if it means more unnecessary transformations/power-ups/mastering). I'll watch indeed, but only because I have interest in its conclusion instead. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember when was the last time I was hyped for something related to Dragon Ball Super...

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Because he's going to be far weaker than Goku and get bodied by Jiren. They should have just had Toppo eliminate him and then have Toppo trigger UI in Goku so he could then defeat both Toppo and Jiren. It's way more credible then having Vegeta reaching the power to be able to eliminate a GoD candidate and fight a serious Jiren. UI is the whole point of this arc. Vegeta's new form was just pandering to his fans, but in reality it was rather lackluster.
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
You're arguing with an obvious Goku fan and Vegeta hater. It's pointless trying to use reason with him.

Back on topic:

Vegeta and 17 had great runs, so I'm fine with them going out now. Vegeta took down a GoD level fighter and 17 has been exceeding expectations since the tournament started. 128 will probably be it for me with Super though as I have no interest in Goku vs Jiren. I'll watch 131 though for the conclusion.
Yeah, and you're an obvious Goku hater. I'm sorry we like and hate different characters. Toppo was a Hakaishin candidate. He hasn't mastered his powers and had to charge up his blasts, unlike properly tenured Hakaishin like Beerus or Belmond. Why are we celebrating Vegeta barely beating a candidate who is most likely the weakest of the Hakaishin? Especially with the horrible writing that went into it? Last five episodes is Vegeta saying "Pride blah blah blah, Cabba blah blah blah, my promise blah blah blah" It's quite boring and repetitive.

And why are we celebrating 17 overstaying his welcome in this tournament where he's contributing absolutely nothing except prolonging Vegeta being eliminated? We could have just had 17 in bleachers in 124 and Goku could have tapped into UI again so we could have gotten a longer final battle. That would have made more sense narrative-wise, rather than the pandering going on to help placate fans of different characters at the cost of telling a good story. Think about it. There's literally no point to have 17 still in the tournament when his power has been eclipsed by this much.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm personally interested in it. Goku gets the best fights and his big fights tend to deliver

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Grimlock wrote:
vashter wrote:Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.
There's nothing hilarious about that, actually. As I'm not interested in more Goku fights either (mainly if it means more unnecessary transformations/power-ups/mastering). I'll watch indeed, but only because I have interest in its conclusion instead. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember when was the last time I was hyped for something related to Dragon Ball Super...
But this is Goku's story, so he's going to get all of the main fights and shine. I don't get why people complain about this. Stop watching then. You're just setting yourself up for more disappointment IMO

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Honestly I'm not interested in Goku vs Jiren either. Tbh I havent really been interested in Goku at all this entire arc.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Doesnt matter if he is going to be far weaker than goku. He doesn’t have to be as strong as jiren or Mastered UI goku. Vegeta has his shine in this tournament, getting eliminated by jiren is a blessing for vegeta, as he eliminated a hakaishin himself.
You're arguing with an obvious Goku fan and Vegeta hater. It's pointless trying to use reason with him.

Back on topic:

Vegeta and 17 had great runs, so I'm fine with them going out now. Vegeta took down a GoD level fighter and 17 has been exceeding expectations since the tournament started. 128 will probably be it for me with Super though as I have no interest in Goku vs Jiren. I'll watch 131 though for the conclusion.
Yeah, and you're an obvious Goku hater. I'm sorry we like and hate different characters. Toppo was a Hakaishin candidate. He hasn't mastered his powers and had to charge up his blasts, unlike properly tenured Hakaishin like Beerus or Belmond. Why are we celebrating Vegeta barely beating a candidate who is most likely the weakest of the Hakaishin? Especially with the horrible writing that went into it? Last five episodes is Vegeta saying "Pride blah blah blah, Cabba blah blah blah, my promise blah blah blah" It's quite boring and repetitive.

And why are we celebrating 17 overstaying his welcome in this tournament where he's contributing absolutely nothing except prolonging Vegeta being eliminated? We could have just had 17 in bleachers in 124 and Goku could have tapped into UI again so we could have gotten a longer final battle. That would have made more sense narrative-wise, rather than the pandering going on to help placate fans of different characters at the cost of telling a good story. Think about it. There's literally no point to have 17 still in the tournament when his power has been eclipsed by this much.
I don't hate Goku. I just have no interest in him. There's a difference. I'm not even going to respond to the rest as it's just more character hate that isn't worth addressing.
Grimlock wrote:
vashter wrote:Lol.... you are hilarious I know you will watch it, don't be a fuck boy.
There's nothing hilarious about that, actually. As I'm not interested in more Goku fights either (mainly if it means more unnecessary transformations/power-ups/mastering). I'll watch indeed, but only because I have interest in its conclusion instead. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember when was the last time I was hyped for something related to Dragon Ball Super...
Pretty much. Jiren hasn't done anything to gain my interest in this entire arc and I've never cared for Goku, so there's no reason for me to even watch the fight. Fights aren't interesting to me if the characters involved in them aren't.

Post Reply