"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 am

Recording for Dragon Ball Super ended yesterday

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/961868407107825664
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 am

Mercenary wrote:
Liquir wrote:DBS Episode 128 Preview Image
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Wow....In base? Holy sh...that's impressive.[/spoiler]
I wouldn't expect anything less for his final fight. Like him or hate him, it's thanks to him Goku will be able to take donw Jiren and win the tournament.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:12 am

sintzu wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Liquir wrote:DBS Episode 128 Preview Image
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Wow....In base? Holy sh...that's impressive.[/spoiler]
I wouldn't expect anything less for his final fight. Like him or hate him, it's thanks to him Goku will be able to take donw Jiren and win the tournament.
Unfortunately this is just Vegeta punching the air missing Jiren or just hitting Jiren to no use.

Probably the final shot of him before being eliminated

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:24 am

I like that it's pretty much confirmed we won't be getting Vegetto this time around. Cool as he may be, this feels like one of those fights Goku should win on his own.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:50 am

Ok this is just a possibility that came to my mind, it could mean nothing but I thought I'll mention it anyway
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Both the ending and that picture had UI Goku with his normal clothes - obviously mastered UI & undamaged clothes. So what if the final episode is about Goku fighting someone in this form? Possibly Beerus or Vegeta.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:53 am

Whatever wrote:
Michsi wrote:
"Toriyama wanted that" could be applied to absolutely everything, but there's usually more to it than that. He says he picks what's fun, but given that he mentioned popularity so many times in his interviews I'd say it's a pretty important factor.
17 and Roshi were not popular characters,so most likely no.
I can't speak for 17, but Roshi sure is. Just because he isn't in the TOP 10 doesn't mean he isn't beloved. He is pretty iconic to the franchise, that's for sure.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 am

Michsi wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Michsi wrote:
"Toriyama wanted that" could be applied to absolutely everything, but there's usually more to it than that. He says he picks what's fun, but given that he mentioned popularity so many times in his interviews I'd say it's a pretty important factor.
17 and Roshi were not popular characters,so most likely no.
I can't speak for 17, but Roshi sure is. Just because he isn't in the TOP 10 doesn't mean he isn't beloved. He is pretty iconic to the franchise, that's for sure.
Definitely. Roshi was one of the main characters in the OG Dragon Ball afterall.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am

Totamo wrote: Thats what not meeting expectations mean, don't play semantics with me.

Fans wanted things to happen in a certain and it didn't. Now, they are angry and you can't blame them for that when the show said this but did that.
It is all 'semantics', thank you. And just because some vocal parts of the fandom didn't get what they want doesn't mean they didn't meet expectations since there are a lot of fans that have been happy with the TOP minus some issues here and there like 106 and 119.

By your logic, absolutely nothing in the history of mankind has ever lived up to exceptions since it's impossible to make everyone happy at one time about anything.
Last edited by HeroR on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am

OverHeaven wrote:Ok this is just a possibility that came to my mind, it could mean nothing but I thought I'll mention it anyway
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Both the ending and that picture had UI Goku with his normal clothes - obviously mastered UI & undamaged clothes. So what if the final episode is about Goku fighting someone in this form? Possibly Beerus or Vegeta.
That'd be great but I think EOZ is more likely.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Recording for Dragon Ball Super ended yesterday

Frieza bout to drop a killer beat on Krillin. Who knew he was musically inclined? :lol: Interesting that Cabba's VA is there but I'll try not to read into that too much. Although the 'farewell' tweet from Kale's VA in December ended up being something after all.... :think:

About Roshi, wasn't Toriyama's decision to bump him back up into a fighting role in Resurrection F largely well received outside of the usual contingent of people complaining that he shouldn't be that strong? I wasn't very active in the fandom back then but I recall general word of mouth being good. Like Goku and Bulma, he's part of the heart of Dragon Ball.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:40 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:Interesting that Cabba's VA is there but I'll try not to read into that too much.
This almost confirms that universe 7 is going to win and wish universe 6 back and when that happens Cabba is obviously going to talk to his Sensei about their promise. So the final episode may still be related to the aftermath of the tournament of power. Assuming this photo was taken shortly after the recording session and he was there with them.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:52 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Recording for Dragon Ball Super ended yesterday

That should pretty much confirm U6 is getting revived(to not much of a surprise).

The Cabba/Vegeta moment should be touching though.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 am

Are the other u6 VAs there? If not it could just be a flashback

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 am

Well, if Universe 6 is indeed coming back then I finally have a reason to be excited for something. :) Now, let's just hope they don't bring them back just for the sake of it, in a near future, Universe 6 must be explored and expanded upon.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Are the other u6 VAs there?
Maybe in the other table(behind Mayumi Tanaka).

I dont see Yamaguchi in that picture for example and Herms says she was there...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Are the other u6 VAs there? If not it could just be a flashback
Or since it's celebrating the final episode they just had most of the cast there anyway no matter if they're in that episode.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Mercenary wrote: [spoiler]Wow....In base? Holy sh...that's impressive.[/spoiler]
Unfortunately this is just Vegeta punching the air missing Jiren or just hitting Jiren to no use.

Is that serious? Vegeta fighting in base form?

This already means that he will be punching bag the whole fight if he continues in that form. If he is to fight with determination, the least he expects is to be transformed, otherwise he will not even have a worthy fight.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am

I'm hyped for episode 128, it would be awesome if Vegeta in his normal state could put up a decent last fight against Jiren.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Is that serious? Vegeta fighting in base form?

This already means that he will be punching bag the whole fight if he continues in that form. If he is to fight with determination, the least he expects is to be transformed, otherwise he will not even have a worthy fight.
maybe, just maybe. The stamina is actually going to matter this time

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

They're fighting a monster (understatement). Vegeta and Goku being punching bags shouldn't bother anyone considering they shouldn't be able to do anything to him lol Jiren is strong (understatement) and the episode should feel like there's no hope and i have a big feeling it's going to be emotional. imagine if Goku has a realization or just speech of his own about Vegeta the way Vegeta did about Goku during the final fight with Boo? That'd be awesome.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).