"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20699
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Hmm. If this legit, then Blanco lives. :P

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1574
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Gokus hair isn’t that white like you people are portraying it. Its a slight shade of silver, but not more.

User avatar
Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Gohan can't even get a meme power up :p

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Green wrote:Image

Did they really just leak it like that?
Okay very serious question that i need to know. The right image with Goku’s silver hair, is that officially revealed just now? And if so where? Or is that just a fans doing, changing it’s color. Because i do remember this exact shot as being Toriyama’s official art of UI Goku but then with Black hair ofcourse.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1574
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Green wrote:Image

Did they really just leak it like that?
Okay very serious question that i need to know. The right image with Goku’s silver hair, is that officially revealed just now? And if so where? Or is that just a fans doing, changing it’s color. Because i do remember this exact shot as being Toriyama’s official art of UI Goku but then with Black hair ofcourse.
No, the right image isn’t official.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:20 pm

I'm gonna wait before I judge the hair color... last time I did that I was bombarded here... :lol:
perucho1990 wrote:Image

Image

Will Vegeta use Gamma Burst Flash vs Jiren in tomorrows episod?
On the other hand, is the name of Vegeta's form revealed in this card?

And nice! Hopefully Vegeta finally shows us something new tomorrow...

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Green wrote:Image

Did they really just leak it like that?
Okay very serious question that i need to know. The right image with Goku’s silver hair, is that officially revealed just now? And if so where? Or is that just a fans doing, changing it’s color. Because i do remember this exact shot as being Toriyama’s official art of UI Goku but then with Black hair ofcourse.
No, the right image isn’t official.
Alright. Thanks.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Selecting the most prominent color on the card's image gave me this:
Image
It seems like he should have some hard white highlights and the darkest shade should be a little darker but I wasn't sure how to do those. Not a bad color, I think.

ankokudaishogun
Regular
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:On the other hand, is the name of Vegeta's form revealed in this card?
Not from just this image.
The form will possibly be on the back of the card.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1129
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:34 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Neon Z » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:41 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I'm not really seeing the point of Goku getting a new hair color with Mastered Ultra Instinct.
Not only we get a another hair color, but also complicates things because Ultra Instinct isn't only for Saiyans.
I don't think it really complicates things. If anything, giving it an overall gray/white theme can help design it for characters who aren't Saiyans. Like if Freeza, Piccolo or Hit somehow got UI one day then they could get silver bits on their bodies rather than just silver eyes with no other changes (due to the lack of hair).

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:46 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:On the other hand, is the name of Vegeta's form revealed in this card?
Not from just this image.
The form will possibly be on the back of the card.
I see. Thanks. (y)

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm not digging the type of grey in the Heroes screenshot. Silver would be better, imo. Maybe it'll look different in episode.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1550
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Selecting the most prominent color on the card's image gave me this:
Image
It seems like he should have some hard white highlights and the darkest shade should be a little darker but I wasn't sure how to do those. Not a bad color, I think.
Looks more Grayish then white IMO, makes him looked look older, Reminds me of Old Man Logan.

Honestly that be a Pretty Cool Tag-Line since Goku is getting up in Years; Marvel Has Old-Man-Logan and Old-Man-Hawkeye right now, Toei has Old-Man-Goku! 8)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Won't lie. UI Goku looks like he's Danny Phantom after going ghost. At least in those pictures.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Yomi
Regular
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yomi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 pm

All the gods have white hair so I'm cool with it.
:clap:

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1550
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Yomi wrote:All the gods have white hair so I'm cool with it.
I know the Angels do, but the GoDs.......... Ummmm...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
Yomi
Regular
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yomi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:15 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Yomi wrote:All the gods have white hair so I'm cool with it.
I know the Angels do, but the GoDs.......... Ummmm...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, the angels and the kai's and things. . .
Destroyers are recruited so I don't count them.
:clap:

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:18 pm

I think that another recolor is unnecessary. Black hair are perfect. Silver? meh...

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1550
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Yomi wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Yomi wrote:All the gods have white hair so I'm cool with it.
I know the Angels do, but the GoDs.......... Ummmm...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, the angels and the kai's and things. . .
Destroyers are recruited so I don't count them.
Thanks for the clarification. :)

I personally still count them as part of the Gods but everyone has their own view on that definition, so it is all cool. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
Kagari
Regular
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kagari » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Legion wrote:I think that another recolor is unnecessary. Black hair are perfect. Silver? meh...
Makes sense because they never showed Toriyama's design for it. And with the current version known as "omen" while upcoming merchandise for the mastered version is still censored... I think it's clear now there was always going to be at least some sort of visual change other than just aura or whatever. Helps to differentiate from Ultimate Gohan anyway, IMO.

Post Reply