"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 am

prince212 wrote:Yep I rather vegeta dying than being throw out , just hope Goku will save him from being knock out so he saves somebody at least one time in this tournament before his final win. Or at least try ..
Goku's already saved more than 1 person this saga

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:02 am

So it's confirmed then that Goku will have silver hair like I thought and yeah I agree it will look similar to archedthunder's avatar but without the black.
Looking forward to seeing Toriyama's design, but how does Herms know?
If those guys can talk about it somewhere, then it should be easy to just take a picture of it ffs!
But as archedthunder also pointed out earlier, we might just see it in the episode preview anyways.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:03 am

I just remembered Geran is "the Grey". I wonder if it has something to do with whatever causes Goku's hair to turn silver.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:06 am

Kaiosama wrote:And with this announcement, Vegeta is back to being about two transformations behind Goku in power.

I wonder if Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was a Toei designed form much like UI Omen.

Goku is entering Angel-Tier and will be untouchable.
I don't think they're separate as Omen seems to be him just accessing the form we'll see in 129. Think of Omen as "false" Ssj (I know it's not "canon" but I can't think of anything else).

I think Beyond Blue is one KK×20's level as Omen seems to be on a completely different level.

That's a bit much but it's safe to say he's surpassed the destroyers. I don't think it's enough to completely leave them in the dust so if Goku's new form is an 8 then I'd put them on a 6-7. I'd have the angles on a 12 with their father a 15.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:13 am

It's like every week Super pisses off half the fandom.

a lot of people are mad about the silver haired form because the black haired form was built up for months.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 am

Totamo wrote:A lot of people are mad about the silver haired form because the black haired form was built up for months.
I think we should just wait and see how it looks in motion as a blurry heroes card isn't exactly a fair way to judge it. With that said, I think Goku's black hiar in UI looked better than all his forms so I'm not going to expect it to look that good.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:23 am

No matter how it's done now, Silver hair coming now of all times is Injustice towards that from and Goku himself, Goku worked all of super to attend this and now we have 3 episodes remaining to wrap up the entire show and establish something with this form..

On that note, Vegeta worked longer and this time under the same conditions as Goku for this as well, and Vegeta is nowhere near UI not even the omen phase, I am not one for comparing who should get what form but this is just sad..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:41 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Vegeta worked longer and this time under the same conditions as Goku for this as well, and is nowhere near UI not even the omen phase, I am not one for comparing who should get what form but this is just sad..
There are 3 things to take into account :

1- Goku unlocked Omen through pure coincidence by nearly dying from the spirit bomb, Vegeta on the other hand has yet to go through that kind of near death experience.

2- How would Vegeta use it ? I'd rather him get it when he's able to use it and win against a main villain instead of getting it now just to lose.

3- They could be planning on giving it to him in the movie to have their "new" form to market without it being new.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:51 am

Kaiosama wrote:And with this announcement, Vegeta is back to being about two transformations behind Goku in power.
2 transformations and possibly less than 48 minutes behind. Nothing stops the writers from giving Ultra Instinct to Vegeta on the next possible occasion, even during further training on the world of Beerus. Even though I like Vegeta, I don't agree with this sentiment, that they've given Goku too much of an advantage here, since everything that puts Goku ahead has been unlocked in less than an hour and Vegeta has a history of unlocking stuff to catch up to Goku off-screen.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:56 am

darzap wrote:
2 transformations and possibly less than 48 minutes behind. Nothing stops the writers from giving Ultra Instinct to Vegeta on the next possible occasion, even during further training on the world of Beerus. Even though I like Vegeta, I don't agree with this sentiment, that they've given Goku too much of an advantage here, since everything that puts Goku ahead has been unlocked in less than an hour and Vegeta has a history of unlocking stuff to catch up to Goku off-screen.
At the same time this wouldn't be the first time Vegeta doesn't have something Goku has.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:25 am

dbgtFO wrote:So it's confirmed then that Goku will have silver hair like I thought and yeah I agree it will look similar to archedthunder's avatar but without the black.
Looking forward to seeing Toriyama's design, but how does Herms know?
If those guys can talk about it somewhere, then it should be easy to just take a picture of it ffs!
But as archedthunder also pointed out earlier, we might just see it in the episode preview anyways.
It was probably because of this site: http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/7803 I hope it's okay to link this one. Please let me know if it's not ^^; Anyway, they report on V-jump and other magazine contents every month and thus far they've been accurate and reliable.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 am

I think we should've expected the white hair transformation to arrive at some point. We know Toriyama intended that to be the next color after SSJGod.
I'd have to see how it looks on screen, but from these first few images, I'd have to agree with those that say that black-haired UI looks way better.

For now I'm far more curious to see what will trigger this transformation. People are talking about Vegeta dying, and I sure hope that won't be the case. First of all, we've already had a death last episode, and Vegeta dying would overshadow 17's sacrifice. Especially if one death causes something major like a transformation and the other just a few moments of shock. If they do go down that route, it'd best if both deaths are treated equally, even if Vegeta technically should mean more to Goku than 17. But yeah, I do think it's unlikely that Vegeta will get killed. I also hope the beginning of next episode will try to make some amends for the pretty lackluster reaction to 17's sacrifice.

As for what I hope it'll be- Goku getting kind of desperate at the prospect that they might really lose, and actually thinking about all of his friends and family getting erased. Maybe even a little guilty at playing a part in creating all of this mess (yes, even if he technically isn't to blame for the TOP)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 am

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Vegeta worked longer and this time under the same conditions as Goku for this as well, and is nowhere near UI not even the omen phase, I am not one for comparing who should get what form but this is just sad..
There are 3 things to take into account :

1- Goku unlocked Omen through pure coincidence by nearly dying from the spirit bomb, Vegeta on the other hand has yet to go through that kind of near death experience.

2- How would Vegeta use it ? I'd rather him get it when he's able to use it and win against a main villain instead of getting it now just to lose.

3- They could be planning on giving it to him in the movie to have their "new" form to market without it being new.
What you say makes sense, so I suppose it is for the best Vegeta didn't get UI now, at least his moment whenever that is gonna be, is gonna be longer than what Goku is gonna get :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:18 am

"Omen" technically is not a transformation/form it's a prelude to UI. Once Goku masters UI, that's it. Presumably someone could master UI without going "Omen" but as Whis said it's hard.

Also I still think Goku will kill Jiren. If his body is completely separated from his mind, will he remember the rules?

Totamo wrote:It's like every week Super pisses off half the fandom.

a lot of people are mad about the silver haired form because the black haired form was built up for months.
That's ALL on the fan as per usual. We were literally told at the end of #116 that "Omen" wasn't UI it doesn't get much more black and white then that. Then the fact anytime "Omen" appeared outside the show it was labelled accordingly as Ultra Instinct "Omen". And then official descriptions only talked about his eyes and expression not hair to which I predicted back in August the final version may have silver hair.

The clues were literally there, it's the fans fault they didn't see them.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 am

Vegeta dying in order to spur this new white haired transformation of Goku's? No thanks. I say come up with a more original impetus. Maybe his inner simian boils to the surface in fury because he's being faced with an unbeatable threat to his dominance that can't be quashed with a simple powering up sequence like over 90% of his previous fights have ended up with. Take advantage of those prized genes of his and have them play an important role in the defeat of this opponent by having them coalesce with this new unrelated form from another realm.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 am

double post
Last edited by Kenneth La Torre on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:31 am

I wonder what color they mean when they say silver. The heroes card made it look kind of greyish instead of silver

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 am

All I care about at this time is whether the manga will focus on other universes or tournament?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 am

Credits to YonkouProd.