"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:21 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:46 pm

HeroR wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
HeroR wrote: Not a chance in hell. I take recolors over the pink monkey any day of the week.
No matter how much you hate SSJ4, this form will always make more sense than any DBS form.
Saiyans are monkeys, not gods.
SSJ4 is also much more original and that's a fact, not opinion.
It really doesn't outside of making Goku look more ape. Even then, it doesn't explained why Goku's fur looks like a vest and why he keeps his pants. And Goku is based on the 'Monkey King' who became a god.

Being original doesn't mean better.

Kinda agree with this statement. BUT the design does look cool and is the only good thing from GT, maybe

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
HeroR wrote: Not a chance in hell. I take recolors over the pink monkey any day of the week.
No matter how much you hate SSJ4, this form will always make more sense than any DBS form.
The fur is okay, but forms that come out with new pants and boots don't make much sense.
Wait wasn't those his GT pants?

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Ssj4 was indeed a very awesome looking form. Tho I wouldn’t say it’s way better looking than the god forms. I am liking this perfected UI goku a lot

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1677
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:48 pm

RedHeat wrote: Nah, UI (Omen) is more original and makes the most sense.
It doesn't "make sense", although i wouldn't say it's illogical or something like that. It's random in appearance, but explained in abilities. So it's 50/50.
And it isn't as original as SSJ4, although it's much more original than anything else in Super so far except maybe original SSJ God.
Hawk9211 wrote: In any case,you might have missed that saiyans stopped being monkeys in the arc they were introduced and super is about surpassing the gods.Not to mention ssj4 is power up like every other form.
But it makes more sense for them to have ultimate form looking like an ape than being some god shit.
Yes, it's power up just like every other form, including DBS.
God ki is just another word for "power up".

Unless SSJ4 has fixed power level instead of multiplier. It was never specified. Form was advertised as turning a saiyan into ultimate peak of power so there is a possibility that DBZ SSJ4 would be equal to GT SSJ4. But it's not confirmed in any way. Just theory.
Totamo wrote: What? Then why was super saiyan 1 just a hair color change and had nothing to do with monkeys?
Because no one said it HAS to be connected with monkeys. But it makes more sense to have appearance of monkey,
And SSJ4 was a combination of SSJ and Oozaru. It was never actual SSJ form.
SSJ2 and SSJ3 were only called like this because they were improvments of SSJ.
SSJ4 has "4" because it's fourth form. Name is misleading.
HeroR wrote: Being original doesn't mean better.
I never said it does.
You may like SSJ Blue more than SSJ4 but it will never make the form original in any way.
Last edited by sunsetshimmer on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5353
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Totamo wrote: Wait wasn't those his GT pants?
Fuck. I misunderstood it with Xeno Goku from Heroes. My bad. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
No matter how much you hate SSJ4, this form will always make more sense than any DBS form.
Saiyans are monkeys, not gods.
SSJ4 is also much more original and that's a fact, not opinion.
It really doesn't outside of making Goku look more ape. Even then, it doesn't explained why Goku's fur looks like a vest and why he keeps his pants. And Goku is based on the 'Monkey King' who became a god.

Being original doesn't mean better.

Kinda agree with this statement. BUT the design does look cool and is the only good thing from GT, maybe
To you, but Super Saiyan 4 never looked cool to me and get uglier with age. To me, there is nothing redeeming about it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6193
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:52 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:The fur is okay, but forms that come out with new pants and boots don't make much sense.
What does not make sense in Xeno Goku's Super Saiyan 4?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:52 pm

I was very disappointed about this and now I’m between that and just plain laughing. I want to say wait “til its animated” but just wow.... just wow... maybe this’ll get better with time, and maybe I’ll eventually get used to it, but I think I’ll always prefer black hair over white/silver hair.

Either way, we can at least know it’ll be animated very well in the next two episodes.
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5353
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Grimlock wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:The fur is okay, but forms that come out with new pants and boots don't make much sense.
What does not make sense in Xeno Goku's Super Saiyan 4?
Nah, it's okay and it follows the same logic than GT Goku. For some reason, I thought Xeno Goku SSJ4 outfit was from GT Goku SSJ4, which doesn't match GT Goku outfit and thus my confusion.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6193
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:00 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Nah, it's okay and it follows the same logic than GT Goku.
Not really. Xeno Goku's Super Saiyan 4 is more logical than GT Goku's Super Saiyan 4. In the anime, his (and Vegeta's) clothes change for some unknown reason when he (they) transforms, whereas Xeno Goku (and Xeno Vegeta) transforms into Super Saiyan 4, nothing changes except, obviously, the upper part of the outfit that vanishes in order to show the fur.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
RedHeat wrote: Nah, UI (Omen) is more original and makes the most sense.
It doesn't "make sense", although i wouldn't say it's illogical or something like that. It's random in appearance, but explained in abilities. So it's 50/50.
And it isn't as original as SSJ4, although it's much more original than anything else in Super so far except maybe original SSJ God.
Hawk9211 wrote: In any case,you might have missed that saiyans stopped being monkeys in the arc they were introduced and super is about surpassing the gods.Not to mention ssj4 is power up like every other form.
But it makes more sense for them to have ultimate form looking like an ape than being some god shit.
Yes, it's power up just like every other form, including DBS.
God ki is just another word for "power up".

Unless SSJ4 has fixed power level instead of multiplier. It was never specified. Form was advertised as turning a saiyan into ultimate peak of power so there is a possibility that DBZ SSJ4 would be equal to GT SSJ4. But it's not confirmed in any way. Just theory.
Totamo wrote: What? Then why was super saiyan 1 just a hair color change and had nothing to do with monkeys?
Because no one said it HAS to be connected with monkeys. But it makes more sense to have appearance of monkey,
And SSJ4 was a combination of SSJ and Oozaru. It was never actual SSJ form.
SSJ2 and SSJ3 were only called like this because they were improvments of SSJ.
SSJ4 has "4" because it's fourth form. Name is misleading.
HeroR wrote: Being original doesn't mean better.
I never said it does. if it
You may like SSJ Blue more than SSJ4 but it will never make the form original in any way.
Wow, that is silly.


1. Saiyans were never monkeys, they were apes and if they never had to be, why does it make more sense then? If super saiyan 4 makes more sense than super saiyan blue and God then it makes more sense than 1,2 and 3.

2. If its not an actual super saiyan form, then its not a fourth form and the name is a lie.

3. How did Elder kai no about when there was no legend about it.

4. The biggest nonsensical thing about the form, why does it make him a furry when he just went super saiyan as a great ape and gained control? Why didn't he just go into the form straight ahead.

User avatar
Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Man... i'm gonna get trashed for this post... go easy on me please lol

How many more transformations are we gonna get before Super ends? Like seriously, this is getting to be a little bit too much. They could literally make a 30 character fighting game using ONLY Goku and Vegeta at this point!

The design of it too... oh man... like it's only SSG... but WHITE. I like normal Ultra Instinct more than this and I was Super un-hyped for that.

Does ANYBODY on the staff have any shame?! It's obvious they know about the Dragon Ball memes and apparently like SEGA, with Sanic, they're embracing it! Episode long transformations, In-universe time making no sense whatsoever, Yamcha being trash, Krillin being a wuss, Vapid nonsense, Supreme Kai, Goku and Vegeta getting several transformations and transformation recolors. This arc is a culmination of Dragon ball memes i'm very disappointed that nobody among the staff members realized how egregious it was to sink to these levels.

Well... theirs my hot-take over this. I kind of want to say that i'm joking with this post, but i'm unfortunately not. The staff is clearly okay with sinking down to the level of using memes and getting as many lazy recolor transformations out there as possible. Like this is the type of thing that Super Best Friends laugh their asses off at about Dragon Ball, hell thats pretty much what a lot of people laugh at dragon ball about and its just embarrassing.

My main problem here is that this like what, the 3rd or 4th transformation from Goku and Vegeta? and yet another one that looks pretty much the same.The fact that I like the way the original looks more doesn't help.

*sigh* oh well, whatever, companies have to make their money somehow I suppose...
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Likes: Lanky characters
Dislikes: Playing by the rules

User avatar
Kaio_Krazy
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:50 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaio_Krazy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Whoo boy, that is...that is rough. Ultra Instinct was pretty cool, and then they just decided to make it, well not.

Oh well, at least that one guy from that other thread is probably happy about this, so good for him I guess. Who knows, maybe Vegeta will even fellate Goku, before he's ringed out, like he wants too.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:17 pm

To me, this form is perfect because it represents how I believe Toriyama feels and has always felt about Dragon ball. He. Does. Not. Care.


I'm not even mad at him, because I would do the same thing. This is all nonsense, every bit of it is nonsense. Goku and gang are fighting parodies of anime to please a 5 year old and his best friend, his future self or be destroyed unceremoniously.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13024
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:22 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

When Gohan realizes Goku has now taken the meme away from him :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
RedHeat
Regular
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm having a mental breakdown right now.
Feels over Reals.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4493
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 pm

I suppose I'm among the few that doesn't see the Perfect UI form as such a scandalous thing. I'm mostly miffed because the design of the first version just looks better. Reaction to the first SSJGod form was similar and the fandom settled down after a while.

I'm way more curious about the how and why he will perfect it and of course, how the battle will look.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:Man... i'm gonna get trashed for this post... go easy on me please lol

How many more transformations are we gonna get before Super ends? Like seriously, this is getting to be a little bit too much. They could literally make a 30 character fighting game using ONLY Goku and Vegeta at this point!

The design of it too... oh man... like it's only SSG... but WHITE. I like normal Ultra Instinct more than this and I was Super un-hyped for that.

Does ANYBODY on the staff have any shame?! It's obvious they know about the Dragon Ball memes and apparently like SEGA, with Sanic, they're embracing it! Episode long transformations, In-universe time making no sense whatsoever, Yamcha being trash, Krillin being a wuss, Vapid nonsense, Supreme Kai, Goku and Vegeta getting several transformations and transformation recolors. This arc is a culmination of Dragon ball memes i'm very disappointed that nobody among the staff members realized how egregious it was to sink to these levels.

Well... theirs my hot-take over this. I kind of want to say that i'm joking with this post, but i'm unfortunately not. The staff is clearly okay with sinking down to the level of using memes and getting as many lazy recolor transformations out there as possible. Like this is the type of thing that Super Best Friends laugh their asses off at about Dragon Ball, hell thats pretty much what a lot of people laugh at dragon ball about and its just embarrassing.

My main problem here is that this like what, the 3rd or 4th transformation from Goku and Vegeta? and yet another one that looks pretty much the same.The fact that I like the way the original looks more doesn't help.

*sigh* oh well, whatever, companies have to make their money somehow I suppose...
Within Super, UI is the first form Goku got since Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan were both in the movies. Even then, that would make Goku having only two forms. The rest are divided with other characters with Rose just being Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan under a different name and color.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Michsi wrote:I suppose I'm among the few that doesn't see the Perfect UI form as such a scandalous thing. I'm mostly miffed because the design of the first version just looks better. Reaction to the first SSJGod form was similar and the fandom settled down after a while.

I'm way more curious about the how and why he will perfect it and of course, how the battle will look.
This remains me more of Super Saiyan Rose and all the butt hurt that it wasn't white and how Black was now 'ruined'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:29 pm

RedHeat wrote:I'm having a mental breakdown right now.
Ummmmm.... I’m sure you say this in jest, because I’m pretty miffed too, but this shouldn’t be enough to cause an actual mental breakdown. O_o

Post Reply