"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Totamo wrote:
RedHeat wrote:I'd hate to be a Vegeta fan right about now.
Any, ANY Vegeta fan bitches, I'm done with that section of the fandom forever.

Most of the episodes this year have been about Vegeta and most of them were bad because they were trying to make Vegeta look good nonsensically. i don't blame them for that because that they did that with a ton of characters and yes, it was Toei. Now nothing is good because instead of having a good final fight between the main character and the main antagonist, we have at the most one episode if we are lucky.

Toei pandered to a part of the fandom that would never be satisfied as usual it cost them and i am willing to defend them on many things, Vegeta should have went out in 122. 17 and Gohan defeated by Destroyer Toppo and Freeza takes him out, then he refuses to help Goku leaving him on his own.

But you no what, its fine, its all fine. Because the show ends in 3 episodes and I honestly don't care anymore how they end it because it will still feel hollow. Lets just finish this.
Agreed. Vegeta far overstayed his welcome in this tourney. His annoying pride speeches were such a regression in character and made him unbearable, and now it's taking away from the main fight. What bugged me the most was that he got rewarded for his cocky arrogant behavior when the series had always punished him for his attitude prior to this. Why the change? It couldn't be pandering? :problem: The Beyond Super Saiyan Blue transformation felt so forced and honestly probably should have gone to Gohan so that he could have been with his father in the end. That would have had a much more emotional impact than Vegeta did in this episode. Hopefully Toyotaro doesn't screw this up in the Manga.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
Totamo wrote:
RedHeat wrote:I'd hate to be a Vegeta fan right about now.
Any, ANY Vegeta fan bitches, I'm done with that section of the fandom forever.

Most of the episodes this year have been about Vegeta and most of them were bad because they were trying to make Vegeta look good nonsensically. i don't blame them for that because that they did that with a ton of characters and yes, it was Toei. Now nothing is good because instead of having a good final fight between the main character and the main antagonist, we have at the most one episode if we are lucky.

Toei pandered to a part of the fandom that would never be satisfied as usual it cost them and i am willing to defend them on many things, Vegeta should have went out in 122. 17 and Gohan defeated by Destroyer Toppo and Freeza takes him out, then he refuses to help Goku leaving him on his own.

But you no what, its fine, its all fine. Because the show ends in 3 episodes and I honestly don't care anymore how they end it because it will still feel hollow. Lets just finish this.
Agreed. Vegeta far overstayed his welcome in this tourney. His annoying pride speeches were such a regression in character and made him unbearable, and now it's taking away from the main fight. What bugged me the most was that he got rewarded for his cocky arrogant behavior when the series had always punished him for his attitude prior to this. Why the change? It couldn't be pandering? :problem: The Beyond Super Saiyan Blue transformation felt so forced and honestly probably should have gone to Gohan so that he could have been with his father in the end. That would have had a much more emotional impact than Vegeta did in this episode. Hopefully Toyotaro doesn't screw this up in the Manga.
This arc is fanservice and everyone should get theirs. I agree with that.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta's participation in this episode was so pathetic that I can not even describe it.

Half an episode for such a shameful display? Ridiculous

TOEI doing the usual, demoting Vegeta
Right. Because you were expecting BASE Vegeta to put up a good fight against Jiren?
Of course not. Why does he need to stay in base form throughout the fight? Energy has never been important in DBS, it's not hard to make him have any kind of rage boost at the end thinking of Bulma.

But all the flashbacks were useless at all
Kenneth La Torre wrote:OMFG. Vegeta fans can’t be pleased. It’s just better to ignore them.
Would you be satisfied if the last episode of a character you liked was so ridiculous?

Vegeta was eliminated in the middle of the episode, did absolutely nothing against Jiren and all the flashbacks were useless. No matter his participation in the tournament, I'm specifically talking about this episode and in that episode he was pathetic
Zamasu55 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Right. Because you were expecting BASE Vegeta to put up a good fight against Jiren?
For once, Toei didn't screw things up and they still complain. Pathetic.
TOEI did not screw things up?

What did Vegeta do in this episode?
Oh please. Cry me a river. All you want from vegeta seems to be where he scales in strength. That’s not all to a character. Today’s episode wasn’t about vegeta shining in power, but it was about character development, and to make it emotional (which they did). Vegeta was great this episode, and as a fan, I’m happy that he lasted this long. And I’m terms of power, he defeated a freaking hakaishin. Not complaining in that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Vegeta got an incredible amount of love in the Tournament Of Power. From battles to character growth, I think the Universal Survival arc in the best Vegeta has ever been handled.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta got an incredible amount of love in the Tournament Of Power. From battles to character growth, I think the Universal Survival arc in the best Vegeta has ever been handled.
You think that making the same boring speech over, and over, and over again is the best Vegeta has ever been handled?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta got an incredible amount of love in the Tournament Of Power. From battles to character growth, I think the Universal Survival arc in the best Vegeta has ever been handled.
You think that making the same boring speech over, and over, and over again is the best Vegeta has ever been handled?
What "boring speech" are you referring to?

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Come on Goku! just show those red signs already

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
You know, about fulfilling his promise, and beating Jiren with his own hands, those lines we've been hearing for 5 episodes now.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
All of his boring and redundant pride speeches in the last 6 episodes.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote: You think that making the same boring speech over, and over, and over again is the best Vegeta has ever been handled?
You know, about fulfilling his promise, and beating Jiren with his own hands, those lines we've been hearing for 5 episodes now.
I don't really see why that's an issue. He's basically re-affirming a goal of his. That's something Vegeta does in nearly every arc he's prominent in.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:37 pm

So, it seems the NEP shows jiren quite easily overwhelming Unmastered UI goku. Gives me hopes that a mastered UI goku won’t just sweep jiren, and it would be a very even fight. I would appreciate that a lot

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 pm

I am an absolute Vegeta fan. How one cannot be pleased with him in this saga, no, the entire Super series is beyond me. I guess if it is not Vegeta defeating Jiren with ease and having the same personality one appreciates - like Teen Gohan for all Gohan fans - Vegeta is garbage.

Not for me.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Is Universe 7 really going to win because Freeza will show up after Jiren and Goku defeated each other/if the time runs out? I speculated that before but after this episode I got the feeling this is exactly what's going to happen.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: What "boring speech" are you referring to?
I don't really see why that's an issue. He's basically re-affirming a goal of his. That's something Vegeta does in nearly every arc he's prominent in.
You don't see how repeating the same plot point 5 times is an issue?

How would it feel if Goku gave the same "For all the Saiyans and Namekians you've killed, I'm going to beat you" speech every episode in the Namek arc?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Not to mention that in #110 he literally just shrugged UI off and matched him blow for blow (when he was apparently not even using his full power yet). Here, he can't believe Goku dodged him and when he gets punched, he almost spills his guts out.
Who cares at this point, Anime Jiren is the biggest pile of trash in the history of anime, the more he gets buried the better.
It'll be fun to watch Goku beat him up but utterly laughable you think he's the worst

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:Is Universe 7 really going to win because Freeza will show up after Jiren and Goku defeated each other/if the time runs out? I speculated that before but after this episode I got the feeling this is exactly what's going to happen.
This was my "I guess that's gonna happen because it's hilarious" choice weeks ago.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote: You know, about fulfilling his promise, and beating Jiren with his own hands, those lines we've been hearing for 5 episodes now.

How would it feel if Goku gave the same "For all the Saiyans and Namekians you've killed, I'm going to beat you" speech every episode in the Namek arc?
It's no worse than Vegeta saying he was going to become a SSJ countless times on Namek, constantly reminding everyone that he will defeat Cell, or his endless bitching about wanting to fight Goku in the Majin Boo arc.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I don't really see why that's an issue. He's basically re-affirming a goal of his. That's something Vegeta does in nearly every arc he's prominent in.

It's no worse than Vegeta saying he was going to become a SSJ countless times on Namek, constantly reminding everyone that he will defeat Cell, or his endless bitching about wanting to fight Goku in the Majin Boo arc.
Yes, that was all annoying, but he didn't phrase his ambition in the same way every time. Not to mention they took course over the span of a large number of episodes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Cetra wrote:This was my "I guess that's gonna happen because it's hilarious" choice weeks ago.
Hilarious and would be a better way to end this tournament, I can't imagine any other way cooler than this.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Welp that was a terrible showing for Pridegeta.

:p
Last edited by Slaythe on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.