"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:58 am

ToshioWrites wrote:You know how vegeta couldn't go super saiyan in 128. Yeah goku being able to go blue even for a moment or handle UI omen makes ZERO sense outside of " muh favorite character".
When was the last time Super's anime made sense in that regard (among other regards) ? Let's hope the manga does a better job at that like not saying everyone is out of power only for them to show the opposite everytime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
precita wrote:Feels like they're botching Ultra Instinct already, wasn't this supposed to be a form that moves so fast it cannot be touched?
Uhm this is the unmastered form. The black haired Omen version. The silver haired Ultra Instinct state will not and cannot be touched by Jiren.
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:55 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
precita wrote:Feels like they're botching Ultra Instinct already, wasn't this supposed to be a form that moves so fast it cannot be touched?
Uhm this is the unmastered form. The black haired Omen version. The silver haired Ultra Instinct state will not and cannot be touched by Jiren.
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.
Please don’t because it won’t be my fault. It will just be “Toei being Toei” again if you know what i mean. But this would be the WORST powerscaling inconsistency in dragon ball history! One that i won’t be able to easily forgive.

If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:09 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!
You're in luck cause it'll be over. :lol:

In terms of Jiren geting a hit in, I think it's very likely as they probably won't have it be a one sided beat down. It's a bad situation either way cause if he puts up a fight it'll go against what they've told us about the form and if not it'll be an anticlimactic way to end the show with.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:25 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Uhm this is the unmastered form. The black haired Omen version. The silver haired Ultra Instinct state will not and cannot be touched by Jiren.
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.
Please don’t because it won’t be my fault. It will just be “Toei being Toei” again if you know what i mean. But this would be the WORST powerscaling inconsistency in dragon ball history! One that i won’t be able to easily forgive.

If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!
It’s called the “No Limits Fallacy”, when people take the description of UI as literal, and think someone fast enought can’t touch them.

And about the laughing at you part, it wasn’t literall, just as in poking fun if it does happen, cause going by the heroes trailer, MUI goku and jiren will mostlikely have a very even fight.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:22 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Uhm this is the unmastered form. The black haired Omen version. The silver haired Ultra Instinct state will not and cannot be touched by Jiren.
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.
Please don’t because it won’t be my fault. It will just be “Toei being Toei” again if you know what i mean. But this would be the WORST powerscaling inconsistency in dragon ball history! One that i won’t be able to easily forgive.

If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!

We all know that Jiren's going to hit Mastered UI Goku, or cause him trouble to say the least.
Did you forget how many times they keep saying "Jiren is now unleashing his full power" lol plus don't forget the thing about [spoiler]Frieza and #17 fighting alongside Goku[/spoiler]

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:32 am

OverHeaven wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.
Please don’t because it won’t be my fault. It will just be “Toei being Toei” again if you know what i mean. But this would be the WORST powerscaling inconsistency in dragon ball history! One that i won’t be able to easily forgive.

If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!

We all know that Jiren's going to hit Mastered UI Goku, or cause him trouble to say the least.
Did you forget how many times they keep saying "Jiren is now unleashing his full power" lol plus don't forget the thing about [spoiler]Frieza and #17 fighting alongside Goku[/spoiler]
There is no real evidence that 17 is coming back beyond a vague comment in a magazine that could’ve been interpreted in infinite ways.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:36 am

OverHeaven wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.
Please don’t because it won’t be my fault. It will just be “Toei being Toei” again if you know what i mean. But this would be the WORST powerscaling inconsistency in dragon ball history! One that i won’t be able to easily forgive.

If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!

We all know that Jiren's going to hit Mastered UI Goku, or cause him trouble to say the least.
Did you forget how many times they keep saying "Jiren is now unleashing his full power" lol plus don't forget the thing about [spoiler]Frieza and #17 fighting alongside Goku[/spoiler]
And no you don’t know anything about that beyond your own speculation. There is NO evidence as of yet that “mastered” Ultra Instinct Goku is going to have trouble against Jiren. None! So don’t talk so certain. Goku and Jiren might ring eachother out ofcourse, making Freeza the winner (even though that’s a retardedly stupid ending) that might happen. But Goku is clearly going to be the superior fighter of the two, no question.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOtherDude » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:46 am

Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Liquir wrote:DBS 129 Preview
Herms:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/969762930269995013
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Great, Goku gets a full power attack from Jiren and what happens? He gets stronger ... this is not zenkai.
It will happen the same thing happened on EP 110, in which he was swallowed by a Genki Dama and returned with a technique that neither the Gods dominate.
Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.



That being said, this is how he got it before so it is not contradictory and does make sense with you know your body moving by yourself because you lose consciousness but your body is still moving.


Even if that doesn't make a lot sense, it still does make more than Vegeta's blue nakama form that belongs more in fairy tail than in dragon ball.
Blame Toei for that. In the manga Vegeta and Goku were equals at the beginning of the arc, so there’s no reason to have a transformation. Toei is just bad at their job.

Don’t forget these are the same people who said that KK and Super Saiyan would be too stressful for the body, but had Goku used Kaioken WHILE Super Saiyan in the Other World Tournament in Z. Yes I know it was filler and yes I know Goku was technically dead, but the combination still should’ve had some dangerously draining effects. These do not have a good record for consistency.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:55 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:And no you don’t know anything about that beyond your own speculation. There is NO evidence as of yet that “mastered” Ultra Instinct Goku is going to have trouble against Jiren. None! So don’t talk so certain. Goku and Jiren might ring eachother out ofcourse, making Freeza the winner (even though that’s a retardedly stupid ending) that might happen. But Goku is clearly going to be the superior fighter of the two, no question.


You said, "cannot be touched by Jiren". It's different from saying Goku is going to be the superior. You think we're going to have a nearly full episode length fight without Jiren touching MUI Goku a single time? If Kefla managed to barely touch UI Goku's hair, I can't see why Jiren - who can fight Omen evenly - is going to have trouble hitting MUI Goku once or twice, to say the least.
If they reduced Jiren to that kind of a joke and have this pretty huge gap in power levels during this "climax", now that is the real joke.

Assuming #17 thing if wrong, which I doubt. We still have Frieza. Every time we think he's setting there unconscious until the end, he comes back and fights as well so I don't think that is impossible to happen again. In other words, MUI Goku is most likely going to need some help.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:58 am

Problem 1 (anime): Whis: in UI mode you can avoid any danger!

Problem 2: (manga) Whis: With UI you can defeat any opponent!

Problem 3: fans thinks that UI can't be (clean) hit because toei showed us that in episode 110 and 116.

A tornado of misinformation. It can avoid any danger doesn't mean he can't be hit in MUI. Beerus showed us dodging 11 GoD at the same time. Then he got in danger because he didn't master it.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:31 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
You better hold on to that. If gokus MUI gets tagged by jiren, I’ll laugh at you.
Please don’t because it won’t be my fault. It will just be “Toei being Toei” again if you know what i mean. But this would be the WORST powerscaling inconsistency in dragon ball history! One that i won’t be able to easily forgive.

If Jiren even hits him ONCE, ....I’m done with this show. Nah i’m kidding, but i will seriously be pissed AF!!!
It’s called the “No Limits Fallacy”, when people take the description of UI as literal, and think someone fast enought can’t touch them.

And about the laughing at you part, it wasn’t literall, just as in poking fun if it does happen, cause going by the heroes trailer, MUI goku and jiren will mostlikely have a very even fight.
Well sure, lets suppose db super came back next year and we got a confirmed 5 arcs ahead of us, i.e. plenty of in-universe time for Goku to potentially get hit by someone, yes that might happen at some point in extremely rare cases. But to have it already happen THIS soon.. Right with the INTRODUCTION of this form is a bit too much. Remember that this mode was stated to be completely “untouchable” by Whis. So until extremely rare contradictions occur within the anime, it has to live up to it’s name for at least SOME time. Get it?
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:51 am

People here using the no limits fallacy, that’s just great...

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:30 am

Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Liquir wrote:DBS 129 Preview
Herms:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/969762930269995013
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Great, Goku gets a full power attack from Jiren and what happens? He gets stronger ... this is not zenkai.
It will happen the same thing happened on EP 110, in which he was swallowed by a Genki Dama and returned with a technique that neither the Gods dominate.
Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.



That being said, this is how he got it before so it is not contradictory and does make sense with you know your body moving by yourself because you lose consciousness but your body is still moving.


Even if that doesn't make a lot sense, it still does make more than Vegeta's blue nakama form that belongs more in fairy tail than in dragon ball.
Vegeta's form is meaningless anyways... at least compared to Goku's limit breaker form. I don't understand why people keep comparing the two when Beyond SSB is more comparable to EP 123 SSBKKX20 and maybe EP 110 UI Omen. What's even more ridiculous is the BS Fairy Tale like way he got the form and how he couldn't use it's full power against Jiren at the end when it mattered the most. Probably because Toei didn't want to damage the forms credibility any further by having it job to Jiren in favor of UI Omen, so they play the safe route by letting Vegeta be out of power and get eliminated in his base form after getting his victory against the ole Yosemite Sam of U11.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:38 am

More ep129 images

[spoiler]Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:22 am

Kaiosama wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Great, Goku gets a full power attack from Jiren and what happens? He gets stronger ... this is not zenkai.
It will happen the same thing happened on EP 110, in which he was swallowed by a Genki Dama and returned with a technique that neither the Gods dominate.
Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.



That being said, this is how he got it before so it is not contradictory and does make sense with you know your body moving by yourself because you lose consciousness but your body is still moving.


Even if that doesn't make a lot sense, it still does make more than Vegeta's blue nakama form that belongs more in fairy tail than in dragon ball.
Vegeta's form is meaningless anyways... at least compared to Goku's limit breaker form. I don't understand why people keep comparing the two when Beyond SSB is more comparable to EP 123 SSBKKX20 and maybe EP 110 UI Omen. What's even more ridiculous is the BS Fairy Tale like way he got the form and how he couldn't use it's full power against Jiren at the end when it mattered the most. Probably because Toei didn't want to damage the forms credibility any further by having it job to Jiren in favor of UI Omen, so they play the safe route by letting Vegeta be out of power and get eliminated in his base form after getting his victory against the ole Yosemite Sam of U11.
Because if Toei had balls, they would let Vegeta NOT be the jobber for freaking once, but hey, what should I expect from them except for generic writing?

User avatar
Helios518
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 880
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 pm
Location: Not where you think

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Helios518 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am

Mercenary wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Totamo wrote: Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.



That being said, this is how he got it before so it is not contradictory and does make sense with you know your body moving by yourself because you lose consciousness but your body is still moving.


Even if that doesn't make a lot sense, it still does make more than Vegeta's blue nakama form that belongs more in fairy tail than in dragon ball.
Vegeta's form is meaningless anyways... at least compared to Goku's limit breaker form. I don't understand why people keep comparing the two when Beyond SSB is more comparable to EP 123 SSBKKX20 and maybe EP 110 UI Omen. What's even more ridiculous is the BS Fairy Tale like way he got the form and how he couldn't use it's full power against Jiren at the end when it mattered the most. Probably because Toei didn't want to damage the forms credibility any further by having it job to Jiren in favor of UI Omen, so they play the safe route by letting Vegeta be out of power and get eliminated in his base form after getting his victory against the ole Yosemite Sam of U11.
Because if Toei had balls, they would let Vegeta NOT be the jobber for freaking once, but hey, what should I expect from them except for generic writing?
In this case, what do you mean by not being a jobber?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

User avatar
Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 am

Helios518 wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Vegeta's form is meaningless anyways... at least compared to Goku's limit breaker form. I don't understand why people keep comparing the two when Beyond SSB is more comparable to EP 123 SSBKKX20 and maybe EP 110 UI Omen. What's even more ridiculous is the BS Fairy Tale like way he got the form and how he couldn't use it's full power against Jiren at the end when it mattered the most. Probably because Toei didn't want to damage the forms credibility any further by having it job to Jiren in favor of UI Omen, so they play the safe route by letting Vegeta be out of power and get eliminated in his base form after getting his victory against the ole Yosemite Sam of U11.
Because if Toei had balls, they would let Vegeta NOT be the jobber for freaking once, but hey, what should I expect from them except for generic writing?
In this case, what do you mean by not being a jobber?
Defeating Jiren is just wishful thinking, while Goku is around I guess?

So I would just let Vegeta go out with Toppo, use his full power, make his new transformation look even "stronger" by that and that's it.

Keeping him 'till EP.128 made no sense because he didn't really do anything significant and taking an ass-whooping from Jiren wasn't necessary. We all know Vegeta is developed as hell, there's no need to give him any other speeches, flashbacks etc. He is more developed than Goku without it , lmao.

User avatar
Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1852
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lionel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am

Frankly, I would have likely preferred Jiren getting taken out by some clever elimination tactic involving what Goku initially attempted during their rematch or by using the Mafuba. Yes, it's terribly uneventful, but it sounds more original than Goku simply having one last grandiose pummeling match with the Pride Trooper. Maybe I just don't care for Ultra Instinct Goku all too much.

User avatar
Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:46 am

Lionel wrote:Frankly, I would have likely preferred Jiren getting taken out by some clever elimination tactic involving what Goku initially attempted during their rematch or by using the Mafuba. Yes, it's terribly uneventful, but it sounds more original than Goku simply having one last grandiose pummeling match with the Pride Trooper. Maybe I just don't care for Ultra Instinct Goku all too much.

There's still a chance he will team-up with Frieza....somehow.

Post Reply