"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
amuroray wrote:So jiren has unleashed his hidden power how many times now?

And hes doing it again in the next episode.
Smh fucking awful writing.
The problem with Jiren is that it's impossible to tell how much of his power he's using to begin with throughout most of the arc. Characters have said he's raised his power, they've even said he's decreased his power, not even a vague resemblance of a percentage is provided, and he seems to do all of this on nothing more than a whim.

He seems to be so bored with fighting that he's effectively a boring fighter himself. I suppose we'll see his true true true TRUE power in the next episode.
If he survives 130 then next episode is probably only his true true true power. They need to save his true true true TRUE power for the finale

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 pm

amuroray wrote:Its was shit then and its shit now.

Surely you're telling me that they cant write a better solution then that? Its awful
What better solution? Either Jiren would use his full power from the beginning and then just end everyone in seconds making the Tournament a waste of time or Jiren wouldn't do anything at all until the very end of the Tournament and then use his full power.

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Bullza wrote:What better solution?
Not making everyone to be worms compared to Jiren from the start and having him release his full power only once when Goku shows the mastered UI.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Bullza wrote:
amuroray wrote:Its was shit then and its shit now.

Surely you're telling me that they cant write a better solution then that? Its awful
What better solution? Either Jiren would use his full power from the beginning and then just end everyone in seconds making the Tournament a waste of time or Jiren wouldn't do anything at all until the very end of the Tournament and then use his full power.
That’s the problem, they decided to introduce jiren in a setting which makes his power boring.

Lets say jiren wasn’t introduced after the ToP. Goku asks whis to let him visit the hakaishin that houses the strongest mortal ever. Then that would have been a perfect setting. Theres no restriction here. Jiren can just whoop his ass instantly and goku would then have needed to work his ass up to UI the hard way (training with whis for a much loner period)

The tournament restricts jiren too much. No killing, no flying, universes get erased so jiren won’t do anything till nessesary, it’s a very very bad setting.

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:51 pm

amuroray wrote:So jiren has unleashed his hidden power how many times now?
And hes doing it again in the next episode.
Smh fucking awful writing.
Yeah it feels like DBZ. We think the villain/antagonist will finally get beaten but he powers up again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Spider-Man
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 am

ToshioWrites wrote:Off Topic but whatever: Pick one character NOT from u6 or u7 from this arc that you would want to see more of in the next series or in a movie

For me Toppo
Ribrianne because I want to see how is her daily life.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Not making everyone to be worms compared to Jiren from the start and having him release his full power only once when Goku shows the mastered UI.
He has only released his full power once after Goku showed his Mastered Ultra Instinct though.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 am

Here's an opinion but I enjoyed the Goku vs Kefla fight far more than I have the Jiren one. Also have a hot take but I think Goku being able to tap into UI multiple times and than master the form in the span of twentyish minutes is far worse than Caulifla and Kales power ups. Anywho here's hoping that 130 deliveries and doesn't fall flat on its face.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zeru14 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:45 am

Lionel wrote:And Vegeta once again reaffirms what I've come to vehemently dislike about Dragon Ball in the modern age -- speciesist primacy with what seems to be an unending stranglehold on the content of the show. It's all so convenient for his myopic narrative when everyone else except him and Goku is shut out from partaking in the same training opportunities and learning the same abilities. Plus, Toei has gone to great lengths to embellish their power with what looks like an unending zenkai type state where their power seems to continually grow for no reason except that they happen to be fighting. It doesn't even require them being pushed to the brink of death anymore.
Take solace that the Zenkai thing is anime only, as Toyotaro's manga doesn't have that, he adheres to Toriyama's original rules on how Zenkais work.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 am

Is the next episode in 2 weeks then 1 week after or is it next week and then two weeks after?

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7742
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:57 am

Bullza wrote:Is the next episode in 2 weeks then 1 week after or is it next week and then two weeks after?
The former.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 am

There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed finale or cliffhanger?

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 am

CriticalThinker wrote:Here's an opinion but I enjoyed the Goku vs Kefla fight far more than I have the Jiren one. Also have a hot take but I think Goku being able to tap into UI multiple times and than master the form in the span of twentyish minutes is far worse than Caulifla and Kales power ups. Anywho here's hoping that 130 deliveries and doesn't fall flat on its face.
Actually, many said they liked goku vs Kefla better than the special and many were also ok with the female saiyan power ups, i included.


Those aren't unpopular opinions, super doesnt really have any of those. Its that polarizing.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:25 am

Sani007 wrote:There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed finale or cliffhanger?
Rushed? This was dragged.

User avatar
Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:28 am

There was a lot of reused animation.Still,I kinda liked how they showed the destruction,but then people like roshi have broken the stage.The writing for characters was good outside U11.
So,jiren still has not released his full power,grand priest says that we have reached the climax and jiren can observe and counter UI goku but he still gets blasted by 17? May be I am just Nitpicking,but I find this quite ridicolous.
However considering the current fight I think the chances of show ending on a clifhanger are increased.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Sani007
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:34 am

Totamo wrote:
Sani007 wrote:There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed finale or cliffhanger?
Rushed? This was dragged.
There are still many things missing. Who will win the tournament, where is Freeza, Jiren's wish, Super Shenlong, the desctructed universe, party after the tournament on Earth.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 am

Sani007 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Sani007 wrote:There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed finale or cliffhanger?
Rushed? This was dragged.
There are still many things missing. Who will win the tournament, where is Freeza, Jiren's wish, Super Shenlong, the desctructed universe, party after the tournament on Earth.
Yes and all of that could have been done had they not dragged so many so many things out.


Starting from the recruitment arc.

User avatar
Issei189
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 am

Hawk9211 wrote:There was a lot of reused animation.Still,I kinda liked how they showed the destruction,but then people like roshi have broken the stage.The writing for characters was good outside U11.
So,jiren still has not released his full power,grand priest says that we have reached the climax and jiren can observe and counter UI goku but he still gets blasted by 17? May be I am just Nitpicking,but I find this quite ridicolous.
However considering the current fight I think the chances of show ending on a clifhanger are increased.
Off guard attacks seemed to be very effected in this show.

User avatar
Mewzard
I Live Here
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mewzard » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 am

Sani007 wrote:There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed finale or cliffhanger?
Doesn't really need to be rushed or a cliffhanger. 1 episode should be enough to wrap up the fight and end the tournament (either by time or ring out), then one episode to conclude things. As long as they don't waste too much time in the next two episodes and can be concise, it should be enough.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Sani007
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 am

It doesn't seem that the battle is over in the next episode .
Furthermore, it's strange that Bulma won't even speak in the series already.

Post Reply