"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3072
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Miracles » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 am

TysonWine wrote:"Jiren's fast, heavy blow is too much for even Goku in Ultra Instinct mode to dodge."

Well, there you go. This is for the fans that were saying "Goku reached the pinnacle of strength, there's no where for him to go after this." As usual, if you're strong enough, you can overcome anything. Such is the way of Dragon Ball. Jiren's gonna get some hits in. If he can do it, surely a future antagonist can as well.
Those naruto fans and pokemon cos players trying to seep their philosophy of power into the Dragonball world.
Where they think "tech," "counters", "skill" can somehow overcome battle power. In a simple world where higher Ki means victory. :lol:
Ki Breaker wrote:Image

What I find hilarious about this is the fact Toriyama isn't even sure what makes Dragonball unique..
The stuff legends are made of.Image

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:13 am

Spoiler from Herms on the title for the final episode title for Super. No summery, just the title:

It seems that the finalized title for the last episode of DBS is "A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" (奇跡の決着!さらば悟空). No plot details so far.


https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 8880471041
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 am

HeroR wrote:Spoiler from Herms on the title for the final episode title for Super. No summery, just the title:

It seems that the finalized title for the last episode of DBS is "A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" (奇跡の決着!さらば悟空). No plot details so far.


https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 8880471041
Sounds promising! :D I'd guess the pages with the titles and summaries will surface any time now. I'm guessing they haven't just yet since Herms hasn't posted his usual translations.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4493
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:25 am

HeroR wrote:Spoiler from Herms on the title for the final episode title for Super. No summery, just the title:

It seems that the finalized title for the last episode of DBS is "A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" (奇跡の決着!さらば悟空). No plot details so far.


https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 8880471041

Uuuh, ominous.....
probably means nothing. but still



Here's a theory I hadn't considered. What if it does end with a cliffhanger but ties in and gets resolved in the movie.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:26 am

Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:Spoiler from Herms on the title for the final episode title for Super. No summery, just the title:

It seems that the finalized title for the last episode of DBS is "A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" (奇跡の決着!さらば悟空). No plot details so far.


https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 8880471041

Uuuh, ominous.....
probably means nothing. but still



Here's a theory I hadn't considered. What if it does end with a cliffhanger but ties in and gets resolved in the movie.
Not sure how the history of the Saiyans' strength ties into the TOP.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am

Michsi wrote:Uuuh, ominous.....
probably means nothing. but still



Here's a theory I hadn't considered. What if it does end with a cliffhanger but ties in and gets resolved in the movie.
What's ominous about it? 'A Miraculous Conclusion' is like the exact opposite of ominous. :eh: It's not like anything bad can happen to Goku since, you know, interquel. At worst he leaves on those 'training trips' Bulma talks about in EoZ.

User avatar
VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 am

They wish Goku away with the Super Dragon Balls or something like that, that would be totally unexpected
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

User avatar
Firebolt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Firebolt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 am

So it looks to be a happy ending after all. Considering that "Miraculous" is in the title, I think something bad will probably happen like Freeza winning, and then Whis will turn back time or something along the lines of that.

I dunno what I'll do on the weekends after Super ends. :cry:

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4493
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 am

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:Spoiler from Herms on the title for the final episode title for Super. No summery, just the title:

It seems that the finalized title for the last episode of DBS is "A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" (奇跡の決着!さらば悟空). No plot details so far.


https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 8880471041

Uuuh, ominous.....
probably means nothing. but still



Here's a theory I hadn't considered. What if it does end with a cliffhanger but ties in and gets resolved in the movie.
Not sure how the history of the Saiyans strength ties into the TOP.
Not the TOP necessarily , but if something happens to Goku because of his power/transformation, they could use that as a springboard for looking deeper into saiyan heritage and what not. Meaning the tournament and erasure issue gets resolved, but something else occurs in the final episode. People have already wondered why Takahashi is being used on the final episode when the heavy stuff is supposed to happen in 130, and 131 should just wrap things up.

Baseless speculation, since the previous title alluded to a simple good-bye, but my mind wonders. :)
BlueBasilisk wrote: What's ominous about it? 'A Miraculous Conclusion' is like the exact opposite of ominous. :eh: It's not like anything bad can happen to Goku since, you know, interquel. At worst he leaves on those 'training trips' Bulma talks about in EoZ.
Well, obviously not that part, but "Farewell Goku." I'm not that good with Japanese terms, but if it's "saraba da" then that has a more serious ring to it. I think...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 am

Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Uuuh, ominous.....
probably means nothing. but still



Here's a theory I hadn't considered. What if it does end with a cliffhanger but ties in and gets resolved in the movie.
Not sure how the history of the Saiyans strength ties into the TOP.
Not the TOP necessarily , but if something happens to Goku because of his power/transformation, they could use that as a springboard for looking deeper into saiyan heritage and what not. Meaning the tournament and erasure issue gets resolved, but something else occurs in the final episode. People have already wondered why Takahashi is being used on the final episode when the heavy stuff is supposed to happen in 130, and 131 should just wrap things up.

Baseless speculation, since the previous title alluded to a simple good-bye, but my mind wonders. :)
BlueBasilisk wrote: What's ominous about it? 'A Miraculous Conclusion' is like the exact opposite of ominous. :eh: It's not like anything bad can happen to Goku since, you know, interquel. At worst he leaves on those 'training trips' Bulma talks about in EoZ.
Well, obviously not that part, but "Farewell Goku." I'm not that good with Japanese terms, but if it's "saraba da" then that has a more serious ring to it. I think...
If you have Twitter, you can directly asked Herms about it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4493
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 am

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Not sure how the history of the Saiyans strength ties into the TOP.
Not the TOP necessarily , but if something happens to Goku because of his power/transformation, they could use that as a springboard for looking deeper into saiyan heritage and what not. Meaning the tournament and erasure issue gets resolved, but something else occurs in the final episode. People have already wondered why Takahashi is being used on the final episode when the heavy stuff is supposed to happen in 130, and 131 should just wrap things up.

Baseless speculation, since the previous title alluded to a simple good-bye, but my mind wonders. :)
BlueBasilisk wrote: What's ominous about it? 'A Miraculous Conclusion' is like the exact opposite of ominous. :eh: It's not like anything bad can happen to Goku since, you know, interquel. At worst he leaves on those 'training trips' Bulma talks about in EoZ.
Well, obviously not that part, but "Farewell Goku." I'm not that good with Japanese terms, but if it's "saraba da" then that has a more serious ring to it. I think...
If you have Twitter, you can directly asked Herms about it.
I think he'll go into detail later- he usually does- but I am curious if I'm reading too much into this. All I know is that "saraba da", which I think is what "さらば" is ( without the "da" ) has more finality to it. Not as much as "sayounara", which apparently is an uncommon term and barely ever used anyway, but also not a "see ya later" either.
Anyway, there's layers to these terms that only a native-level speaker can see.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 am

"A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" - Well, there is still someone who says: "it's just a hiatus/break"?

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 am

I hope that after years of magazines spoiling stuff that are going to happen on the series, at least for the final episode they could kept without synopsis.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:46 am

Michsi wrote:I think he'll go into detail later- he usually does- but I am curious if I'm reading too much into this. All I know is that "saraba da", which I think is what "さらば" is ( without the "da" ) has more finality to it. Not as much as "sayounara", which apparently is an uncommon term and barely ever used anyway, but also not a "see ya later" either.
Anyway, there's layers to these terms that only a native-level speaker can see.
I'd say you're probably worrying too much. It's the same wording used in GT's final episode, same as it was in the provisional title. I wasn't able to find anything about it carrying extra finality, only that it's archaic and not something you'd use seriously or in a formal setting (one site I read likened it to 'adios'), but if it did, it's the series finale, so an air of finality makes perfect sense. We already know where Goku is a couple years from this point so what can happen?

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4493
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:06 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:I think he'll go into detail later- he usually does- but I am curious if I'm reading too much into this. All I know is that "saraba da", which I think is what "さらば" is ( without the "da" ) has more finality to it. Not as much as "sayounara", which apparently is an uncommon term and barely ever used anyway, but also not a "see ya later" either.
Anyway, there's layers to these terms that only a native-level speaker can see.
I'd say you're probably worrying too much. It's the same wording used in GT's final episode, same as it was in the provisional title. I wasn't able to find anything about it carrying extra finality, only that it's archaic and not something you'd use seriously or in a formal setting (one site I read likened it to 'adios'), but if it did, it's the series finale, so an air of finality makes perfect sense. We already know where Goku is a couple years from this point so what can happen?
Well, yeah it's not something I'm seriously considering, and also pretty sure it won't end with a cliffhanger (people really hoped for that because it was a guarantee that DB would return as a series, I guess), but that they changed it from "until we meet again" to "farewell" struck me as odd . Maybe it's just that farewell sounds more weighty in English.

User avatar
Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shaqazooloo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:13 pm

So the fights not ending in episode 130...?
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Likes: Lanky characters
Dislikes: Playing by the rules

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:24 pm

Sani007 wrote:"A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" - Well, there is still someone who says: "it's just a hiatus/break"?
Why would the show have to end on a cliffhanger for it to come back with a new arc next year or so ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm

"A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" - It does not sound like: "we'll meet next year".
It's very like this: "Goodbye, Goku… Until the Day We Meet Again" We know what that meant: 18 years. I think this was the last DB series with Masako Nozawa and and it was the last time when Akira Toriyama wrote the story.

User avatar
Mister_Popo
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Sani007 wrote:"A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku" - It does not sound like: "we'll meet next year".
It's very like this: "Goodbye, Goku… Until the Day We Meet Again" We know what that meant: 18 years. I think this was the last DB series with Masako Nozawa and and it was the last time when Akira Toriyama wrote the story.

Farewell Goku basically means 'farewell billions of yen ...' Don't you worry, he'll come back.
Nozawa, I've seen her on youtube, she still looks very fit for a a woman in her 80's, wouldn't be surprised she would do it again anywhere the coming 5-10 years if her health allows it. She really does it with all her heart. And Toriyama ... he only has to write a script to make insane lot of cash. So i think both Goku and Toriyama will return a lot sooner than you'd might think. Don't you worry, brother!
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Seems kinda dumb because in EOZ, we see Goku just fine living on Earth again. The mystery is gone when you know everything will go back to normal.

Post Reply