"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 am

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Meant to say “if jiren isn’t stronger, he mostlikely is as a strong as beerus”
People like the spit hairs with Beerus. Not helped by the manga, and even the manga showed that despite Beerus being able to dodge well, he still got messed up by the other Gods of Destruction, showing that there isn't a huge power different between them. I mean, for wank, if Beerus was a 10, then the 'weakest' god would be a 9 or something.
I’m just glad goku and jiren will mostlikely turn out at least slightly superior to beerus, do to the fact that I wanted gokus last ever opponent in super to at least be equal, if not superior to beerus. It wouldn’t make sense for Super to end with the final boss being weaker than the first boss.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It is Beerus ego speaking (might). Dont worry he is stronger. Even Beerus didn't master Mui. And besides all the GoD stood up. They wouldn't do that if he accomplished MUI but had a power level of Yamcha (lol)
Except it's not. If it was his ego speaking then he'd flat out deny MUI Goku is stronger at all. This just makes it clear that while MUI Goku has surpassed Beerus, he's certainly not far above him. They were never gonna have Goku reach a point where he could utterly stomp Beerus, so this isn't remotely surprising at all.
Did I say he is much much stronger? No only he is stronger, basically just what you sad!

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 am

Pannaliciour wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It is Beerus ego speaking (might). Dont worry he is stronger. Even Beerus didn't master Mui. And besides all the GoD stood up. They wouldn't do that if he accomplished MUI but had a power level of Yamcha (lol)
Except it's not. If it was his ego speaking then he'd flat out deny MUI Goku is stronger at all. This just makes it clear that while MUI Goku has surpassed Beerus, he's certainly not far above him. They were never gonna have Goku reach a point where he could utterly stomp Beerus, so this isn't remotely surprising at all.
Did I say he is much much stronger? No only he is stronger, basically just what you sad!
I always thought that Beerus has been kept artificially stronger than Goku and Vegeta... In my view, Goku should have closed the gap by the Champa Arc by accessing Kaio-ken 10x... For me, Beerus never seemed to be any stronger than tenfold over Blue Goku, which should be 50x over SSG.

Beerus being over 500x than Red Goku from B.O.G seems to be about realistic even in Super.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:42 am

No summary for 131? Considering end of the month episodes usually don't have summaries anyway...that's fair.

We'll probably never know, but I would like to read what scrapped plans there were, if any.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 am

Chuquita wrote:No summary for 131? Considering end of the month episodes usually don't have summaries anyway...that's fair.

We'll probably never know, but I would like to read what scrapped plans there were, if any.
From what little we got, it seems that they are really and actively trying to keep the spoilers to a minimum. And in a very obvious way too.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:No summary for 131? Considering end of the month episodes usually don't have summaries anyway...that's fair.

From what little we got, it seems that they are really and actively trying to keep the spoilers to a minimum. And in a very obvious way too.
A way to maximize interest I guess. Though I'm a fan of spoilers, I understand why they'd do it that way. It is going to be the end of this era of db after all.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:14 pm

This appeared just now, but looks fake.

It says Jiren beats Goku, then Freeza lasers Jiren to win the ToP.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:21 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

I agree, I think that's fake. Herms has the real one here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 72/photo/2
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Chuquita wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I agree, I think that's fake. Herms has the real one here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 72/photo/2
These are two different magazines and both of them have episodes synopsis every month.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Oh! So it could be real? I am aware there are two magazines. Freeza winning that way is disappointing if true, but this whole arc's been a mess imo, so I'm not that bothered.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Herms just posted more spoilers.

Freeza wins. So fucking predictable.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Its real.

Freeza wins and Goku jobs to Jiren.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Why didn't they just say Freeza? Why did the characters forget about Freeza? Does this think we forgot about Freeza? Does this show think we're stupid? :p

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Muh fuckboi Freeza wins? Gud. Sono tori.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Hmmm, does not sound great on paper, but I'm curious about the aftermath. Actually, the conclusion to all of this is currently the thing I'm interested in the most.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm happy that Freeza won but episode 131 is going to be rushed, and Freeza might be trolled the hard way.

I know people hate this but Freeza showing treats of turning good wouldnt be bad and it can somehow save his character, it worked with Loki from the Avengers.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Super has been so shit that this conclusion is only fitting.

Cant believe i have wasted my time watching most of this shit. I skipped like 15 episodes yet that wasnt enough. Fuck sake.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:42 pm

What's not to love? It's a continuation of the regular Toriyama lessons: new transformations don't do jack-shit (mocking capitalism?) and Gokuu will always lose. I don't think Toriyama ever intended the Tournament of Power to be as conclusive as the Majin Buu ending was, hence why Gokuu loses. We also see the continuation of Gokuu losing all of his major fights. There's always a new challenge to meet.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:43 pm

You are kidding me. Frieza wins? so predictable...... pathetic in fact. Goku loses - again, yet people complain about how Vegeta was treated? seriously.... I will say that perhaps this loss to Jiren will spur him on to continue training hard, knowing that there is a being out there stronger than he is, and maybe they will cross paths in the future once more in a new series - one can only hope, as that is an awful way for modern DB to end.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm

I’m just gonna day this, never trust a preview, cause a 180 is going to be expected