"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
A bunch of reasons, but an especially possible one is that in order for everything to fit with how things played out in the last chapter of DB, a five year period of inaction needs to happen. The TOP takes place pretty much right before that period would start. Things fitting with the last chapter of DB was always Toriyama's intention.
We past the five year mark.
By much? I know Pan was 4 in EOZ, but I'd assume it didn't have to be 5 years exactly.
There is at least a year between Champs Saga and the TOP anf Battle of Gods is four years after Buu. So it would be five years just by Resurrection ‘F’.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Toriyama would be so happy to read these last few pages of this thread. So much overreacting, for such a typical Toriyama move.
I must say I was shocked of reading that Goku will lose yet again, but it didn't came as a super surprise because I've grown to expect the unexpected with Super, and Dragon Ball in particular. Toriyama is a master at trolling his own fanbase, he probably trolled Toei and Toyotaro too, I wonder how they felt when they read his completed outline. Everyone including me expected Goku to win this time, and at first I even thought that Goku winning the ToP would have been the unpredictable event this time, but episode after episode I started to become quite sure of Goku's possibility to win the tournament because of him achieving UI and all the hype he got. Once again, you played me Toriyama. Bravo. :clap:
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Man, I didn't like it knowing these spoilers, I thought Japan would save us for the final episode... But yeah, they just don't give a fuck!

Goku has been treated like a punching for all Super and yet he can still get a win in the final arc of the series? Just a terrible conclusion.

The only thing could save that to me if Super ends in a cliffhanger, but probably something stupid will prevent Freeza's evil wish and everything will be fine.

Kataphrut wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:I can say I would be pretty pissed if after all that build the final match ends in draw or worse... Goku losing.
I hate that attitude, the fans who complain about how Goku always gets the win. A) He really doesn't outside of spin-offs and filler, he hasn't had a clear win over the main threat since Buu, or Freeza if you count the Spirit Bomb as a team thing and B) every arc in Super so far has tried to go for the "twist" ending where the good guys fail and have to be bailed out by the gods, and they've nearly all been worse off for it. I argue now more than ever, it would be appropriate to give us that oh-so conventional ending where Goku beats Jiren, wishes everything back and they all go home for tea. It's not like the other characters didn't get plenty of shine in the Tournament, most got more than they've had in the last two decades.
Yes! I mean, why not? What's the problem in having a conventional ending? But okay, I guess I'll wait before I criticize
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
A bunch of reasons, but an especially possible one is that in order for everything to fit with how things played out in the last chapter of DB, a five year period of inaction needs to happen. The TOP takes place pretty much right before that period would start. Things fitting with the last chapter of DB was always Toriyama's intention.
We past the five year mark.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:You people with the NFL of UI. Jiren is simply too strong. He has been established as superior to a god of destruction since 93. Is totally fine with UI goku not beating jiren

We don’t even know how Jiren won to say ‘he because he was superior’. In fact, the summery more or less implied Goku had the advantage.
The summary was pretty clear on that. Goku FIRST has the upper hand, THEN jiren concentrates and gets serious, which cause that UI looking aura.

Order of events in the spoilers say as follows
And it had the ‘but’ after Roshi and Krillin looked worried.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm

perucho1990 wrote:l or maybe he gets called for One Punch Man Season 2.
Now I need that Takahashi Garou so badly [spoiler]And Metal Bat[/spoiler]

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Here’s the thing, Herms is s better translator than GogetaXV.
Obviously, but I'm pretty sure that's what they mean in the summary. Herms just worded it in a weird way or the spoiler itself is just worded in a weird way.
Why would Herms word it weirdly?
Maybe he made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the point is that Goku is clearly out of the arena.
HeroR wrote:
Analytical Delusion wrote:Oh my god, I love this ending. It does make sense though from an out-of-universe perspective. If Freeza wasn't going to play a *massive* part in this, he wouldn't have been brought back.

I hope he's brought back to life as Goku promised, since the story is much richer when open-ended.

Jiren also is preserved as a threat here. I like that - it didn't make sense for him to be surpassed given where the U7 cast started, and it sets up a rematch between he and Goku if we continue the story post-EOZ.
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed. Goku just didn’t win, kind of like Tien.
The summary doesn't point to Jiren being surpassed at all. In fact, it says that Jiren finally decides to get serious and fires a huge ki blast at Goku, which completely blows him away.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
We past the five year mark.




We don’t even know how Jiren won to say ‘he because he was superior’. In fact, the summery more or less implied Goku had the advantage.
The summary was pretty clear on that. Goku FIRST has the upper hand, THEN jiren concentrates and gets serious, which cause that UI looking aura.

Order of events in the spoilers say as follows
And it had the ‘but’ after Roshi and Krillin looked worried.
And then we got the spoilers for 131. Soooooo.....

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Obviously, but I'm pretty sure that's what they mean in the summary. Herms just worded it in a weird way or the spoiler itself is just worded in a weird way.
Why would Herms word it weirdly?
Maybe he made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the point is that Goku is clearly out of the arena.
HeroR wrote:
Analytical Delusion wrote:Oh my god, I love this ending. It does make sense though from an out-of-universe perspective. If Freeza wasn't going to play a *massive* part in this, he wouldn't have been brought back.

I hope he's brought back to life as Goku promised, since the story is much richer when open-ended.

Jiren also is preserved as a threat here. I like that - it didn't make sense for him to be surpassed given where the U7 cast started, and it sets up a rematch between he and Goku if we continue the story post-EOZ.
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed. Goku just didn’t win, kind of like Tien.
The summary doesn't point to Jiren being surpassed at all. In fact, it says that Jiren finally decides to get serious and fires a huge ki blast at Goku, which completely blows him away.
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
The summary was pretty clear on that. Goku FIRST has the upper hand, THEN jiren concentrates and gets serious, which cause that UI looking aura.

Order of events in the spoilers say as follows
And it had the ‘but’ after Roshi and Krillin looked worried.
And then we got the spoilers for 131. Soooooo.....
The spoiler rarely relates in that way.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Why would Herms word it weirdly?
Maybe he made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the point is that Goku is clearly out of the arena.
HeroR wrote:
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed. Goku just didn’t win, kind of like Tien.
The summary doesn't point to Jiren being surpassed at all. In fact, it says that Jiren finally decides to get serious and fires a huge ki blast at Goku, which completely blows him away.
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
Knowing te spoilers, it is what took goku out te field.

Regardless. Goku only had the upper hand before jire decides to go all sun like on goku

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Why would Herms word it weirdly?
Maybe he made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the point is that Goku is clearly out of the arena.
HeroR wrote:
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed. Goku just didn’t win, kind of like Tien.
The summary doesn't point to Jiren being surpassed at all. In fact, it says that Jiren finally decides to get serious and fires a huge ki blast at Goku, which completely blows him away.
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
And a "but" could mean anything. Absolutely nothing there suggests it refers to Goku surpassing Jiren. In fact, the next episode preview would suggest the exact opposite with Goku losing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Maybe he made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the point is that Goku is clearly out of the arena.



The summary doesn't point to Jiren being surpassed at all. In fact, it says that Jiren finally decides to get serious and fires a huge ki blast at Goku, which completely blows him away.
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
Knowing te spoilers, it is what took goku out te field.

Regardless. Goku only had the upper hand before jire decides to go all sun like on goku
Based on one attack that ‘blows Goku away’ that we have no context on. Especially since we see Jiren fight with his aura and the preview.
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Maybe he made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time. Either way, the point is that Goku is clearly out of the arena.



The summary doesn't point to Jiren being surpassed at all. In fact, it says that Jiren finally decides to get serious and fires a huge ki blast at Goku, which completely blows him away.
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
And a "but" could mean anything. Absolutely nothing there suggests it refers to Goku surpassing Jiren. In fact, the next episode preview would suggest the exact opposite with Goku losing.

That is my point. We don’t know how Goku lose. And the preview only said Goku is out, not that Jiren overpowered him and the same preview said Goku had the advantage until Jiren gets serious. Which we actually see in the NEP and Jiren there wasn’t exactly shining brightly.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Even Whis said in the manga to Vegeta; if you have MUI you will be able to take on any enemy. Guess the manga is also wrong or Goku loses his MUI ability?

Btw it was also shown in the episode preview of 128 that Goku got hit by Jiren's beam but in the real episode Goku blocked that shit. Sooooo....

Vegeta. But not Jobku :clap:

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
Knowing te spoilers, it is what took goku out te field.

Regardless. Goku only had the upper hand before jire decides to go all sun like on goku
Based on one attack that ‘blows Goku away’ that we have no context on. Especially since we see Jiren fight with his aura and the preview.
Well, yeah. Who else will goku be fighting. I know you don’t want to accept that MUI won’t be enought, jiren is just too strong.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4509
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
We past the five year mark.
By much? I know Pan was 4 in EOZ, but I'd assume it didn't have to be 5 years exactly.
There is at least a year between Champs Saga and the TOP anf Battle of Gods is four years after Buu. So it would be five years just by Resurrection ‘F’.
So it's a year, give or take. Still doable.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm

HeroR wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Super isn’t cancelled. It’s ending.
Of course it is, and why is it ending? I still haven't found any reason for it.
It’s end because it is. Not because it was ‘canceled’. The show replacing Super is an anniversary show that almost always get Super’s timeslot. So this would have been planned for awhile.
Ok, it's not cancel. Just they stop the series because they want to replace it for another franchise's series and have no plans for another DB series.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Knowing te spoilers, it is what took goku out te field.

Regardless. Goku only had the upper hand before jire decides to go all sun like on goku
Based on one attack that ‘blows Goku away’ that we have no context on. Especially since we see Jiren fight with his aura and the preview.
Well, yeah. Who else will goku be fighting. I know you don’t want to accept that MUI won’t be enought, jiren is just too strong.
This isn’t about me not accepting something since I hardly one who thought UI was unbeatable. I am just pointed out that nothing said Goku lost because Jiren was better or stronger.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Sani007 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
Of course it is, and why is it ending? I still haven't found any reason for it.
It’s end because it is. Not because it was ‘canceled’. The show replacing Super is an anniversary show that almost always get Super’s timeslot. So this would have been planned for awhile.
Ok, it's not cancel. Just they stop the series because they want to replace it for another franchise's series and have no plans for another DB series.
More if you count at least eight months past between Resurrection ‘F’ and the Champa Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Based on one attack that ‘blows Goku away’ that we have no context on. Especially since we see Jiren fight with his aura and the preview.
Well, yeah. Who else will goku be fighting. I know you don’t want to accept that MUI won’t be enought, jiren is just too strong.
This isn’t about me not accepting something. I am just pointed out that nothing said Goku lost because Jiren was better or stronger.
Yep, goku lost because he tripped on a rock... how else will goku lose :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Well, yeah. Who else will goku be fighting. I know you don’t want to accept that MUI won’t be enought, jiren is just too strong.
This isn’t about me not accepting something. I am just pointed out that nothing said Goku lost because Jiren was better or stronger.
Yep, goku lost because he tripped on a rock... how else will goku lose :lol:
Well, Goku is the same person who lost to an unconscious Tien because a trunk hit him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Post Reply