"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Except the summery saying Goku had the advantage and the NEP showing Goku having only some problems against a glowing Jiren.

That’s more evidence than Jiren brute force his way to a win.
That was against Jiren before he uses his full power. And like I said, a 25 second preview is proof of nothing.

And I never said Jiren will brute force his way to a win. I only took issue with your statement of the summary suggesting Goku overpowers a full power Jiren when nothing of the sort in those summaries suggest that.
It is proof since we have visuals of what is happening over a line summery, that some times are wrong about what happened.

Summery plus NEP highly suggests that yes, Goku overpowered Jiren.
Correct yourself. Goku only overpowers jiren before jiren goes full power. Read the previews carefully

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 pm

By gods, Freeza will actually take the win??
I wonder, if he will get the wish then, as it was supposed to go the best fighter, which I'm sure Freeza wouldn't be considered as due to his glaring lack of strength compared to Goku, Jiren etc. Unless best fighter just means last man remaining.
Looking forward to seeing how this will play out.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Which is my point to you. Nothing suggests Goku overpowers Jiren after he powers up. A brief scuffle in a 25 second preview is not evidence of that. The only things we know are that Goku overpowers Jiren before the latter uses his full power and that Goku loses to Jiren. That's it.
Except the summery saying Goku had the advantage and the NEP showing Goku having only some problems against a glowing Jiren.

Remember NEP for 121? The one that made vegeta look like he was giving trouble to jiren?

And I only saw jiren get hit once in his glowing state, and goku shows a very shocked expression in the preview. So there you go
Except he did give Jiren some trouble. Plus that isn’t really the same here since we saw UI Goku against Jiren and the summery only said ‘Jiren blew Goku away’.

UI Goku held Jiren’s hand, Jiren looked pissed, and he was clearly hurt by that knee while Goku deflected his blast.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm

The Frieza subplot is actually gonna have a payoff? I thought no way after we found out the show was ending

I like it tho. Much better than the boring EoZ happy ending everybody was expecting

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
That was against Jiren before he uses his full power. And like I said, a 25 second preview is proof of nothing.

And I never said Jiren will brute force his way to a win. I only took issue with your statement of the summary suggesting Goku overpowers a full power Jiren when nothing of the sort in those summaries suggest that.
It is proof since we have visuals of what is happening over a line summery, that some times are wrong about what happened.

Correct yourself. Goku only overpowers jiren before jiren goes full power. Read the previews carefully
Jiren goes full power, Goku holds his fist, Jiren gets kneed in the stomach, blast Goku, Goku deflected. So the preview and the NEP showed even at full power Goku had the edge.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:55 pm

I like the fact that Freeza saves the whole universe.
But Goku is my favorite and this is the end of the series, so I'm very disappointed. :cry:

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:56 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:

No, it doesn't because it's a 25 second preview of a 30 minute episode. You're taking a drop and trying to use it as evidence despite that drop coming from a bucket of water. What makes you think Jiren doesn't get in any noteworthy hits that may have been excluded from that preview? You don't because all you've seen is a 25 second preview.

And once again, the summary does not remotely suggest Goku overpowers a full power Jiren. It suggests he overpowers Jiren before he goes full power.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:56 pm

You know what's interesting? The way it's written, all three of Goku/Vegeta/Freeza look good:

• Goku gets Mastered UI, is either the strongest or second strongest in existence
• Vegeta finishes with the most eliminations, potentially the most outstanding fighter
• Freeza is the last man standing for U7

I wonder if Vegeta, Freeza, or Jiren will get the wish from the Super DBs?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'll wait to watch the episode to see how this plays out. But I do want to Freeza to win this. Freeza winning the Tournament Of Power is only way him coming back to life has any kind of significant payoff.
Except the Dragon Balls goes to the best fighter, nothing about last man standing.
Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

No, it doesn't because it's a 25 second preview of a 30 minute episode. You're taking a drop and trying to use it as evidence despite that drop coming from a bucket of water.

And once again, the summary does not remotely suggest Goku overpowers a full power Jiren. It suggests he overpowers Jiren before he goes full power.
And I said going by the NEP, so the length doesn’t matter here.
Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:58 pm

The main issues isn't Goku losing but them hyping up UI as this unstoppable thing only for it to seemingly lose when it debuts. If Goku was going to lose then why not just stick to Omen and save the real one when he's going to win a major fight ? what's the point of hyping it up only to show it's not all that much. Now with the 4 other universes Goku is going to have to find something EVEN stronger. UI is just another thing in a long list of potential that modern DB has wasted.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:59 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Jiren goes full power, Goku holds his fist, Jiren gets kneed in the stomach, blast Goku, Goku deflected. So the preview and the NEP showed even at full power Goku had the edge.
Nope. I actually saw the preview In detail.

Jiren goes full power. Goku holds his fist, cuts to a different scenario where he gets hit in the gut that has nothing to do with the fist clash, then cuts back to jiren putting more power in the fist, gokus fist gets pushed and goku himself shows expression.

I saw both, jiren overwhelming goku, and vise versa.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:00 pm

What’s the point of Ultra Instinct - a form that was said to be UNBEATABLE by Whis - if Goku is just going to LOSE head-on with it!???

Like seriously Toriyama!??? Really!???

This show is now ruined. Forever. They had one chance to get it right this time and they fucking blew it! I have lost all hope in them.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:01 pm

In light of the apparent conclusion, I wonder if Jiren himself has UI? Some exposition would be nice.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:

No, it doesn't because it's a 25 second preview of a 30 minute episode. You're taking a drop and trying to use it as evidence despite that drop coming from a bucket of water.

No, you didn't.

Your exact quote:
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed
Not only did you not use the preview as a basis, but you tried to say the summary suggested it when nothing of the sort suggests that Goku overpowers a full power Jiren in those summaries.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:In light of the apparent conclusion, I wonder if Jiren himself has UI? Some exposition would be nice.
The NEP does say he also breaks his limits. So he may indeed get UI

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Nope. I actually saw the preview In detail.

Jiren goes full power. Goku holds his fist, cuts to a different scenario where he gets hit in the gut that has nothing to do with the fist clash, then cuts back to jiren putting more power in the fist, gokus fist gets pushed and goku himself shows expression.

I saw both, jiren overwhelming goku, and vise versa.
Jiren didn’t overwhelm Goku outside the blast that Goku deflected. And this isn’t about if the two scenes relate, the point is Goku held Jiren’s fist even while it was glowing.
Kanassa wrote:

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Who else dropping DBS? I'll give it two more episodes but then I'm done.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

No, you didn't.

Your exact quote:
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed
Not only did you not use the preview as a basis, but you tried to say the summary suggested it when nothing of the sort suggests that Goku overpowers a full power Jiren in those summaries.
He was surpassed and I mentioned the NEP to say that full powered Jiren wasn’t overwhelming Goku.
Kanassa wrote:

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:04 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:What’s the point of Ultra Instinct - a form that was said to be UNBEATABLE by Whis - if Goku is just going to LOSE head-on with it!???

Like seriously Toriyama!??? Really!???

This show is now ruined. Forever. They had one chance to get it right this time and they fucking blew it! I have lost all hope in them.
How would you feel if Goku loses MUI and then he loses?