"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'll wait to watch the episode to see how this plays out. But I do want to Freeza to win this. Freeza winning the Tournament Of Power is only way him coming back to life has any kind of significant payoff.
Except the Dragon Balls goes to the best fighter, nothing about last man standing.
But in the context of the Tournament Of Power, the last man standing can be seen as the best warrior. Because, well, he's the only fighter of the 80 original combatants to remain when all is said and done.
You can be the last man just by standing in a corner or just knocked out and forgotten like Freeza. That doesn’t make you the ‘best fighter’.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:22 pm

TheMikado wrote:So what's the spoiler?

Goku Loses?
Jiren thinks he has won and collaspes or passes out?
Frieza actually wins.
Jiren is MVP and gets the wish?
From what I can make out.

Goku gets ringed out by Jiren.
Zen-Oh is about to erase universe 7 until he gets the "look" from Goku and Jiren.
Jiren gets death beamed in the back by you know who.

Odds of Frieza beating Jiren after his battle with Goku? Pretty darn good I'd say.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jiren didn’t overwhelm Goku outside the blast that Goku deflected. And this isn’t about if the two scenes relate, the point is Goku held Jiren’s fist even while it was glowing.
You are arguing from a preview meant for goku too look good. If the preview is the only thing you go by, and not the summaries (which don’t say anything about FP jiren getting overwhelmed, just regular jiren) then no wonder you are getting buried by all these users here
And you’re arguing on a vague preview summery, so we’re both doing the same thing.

And I’m used to being buried and even then it’s only you and other users. That’s hardly buried.
Well if you are admitting to it, I might as well and we might call it off. I’m actually exausted from debating this subject in other forums. This news has really gotten people flipping tables

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
You are arguing from a preview meant for goku too look good. If the preview is the only thing you go by, and not the summaries (which don’t say anything about FP jiren getting overwhelmed, just regular jiren) then no wonder you are getting buried by all these users here
And you’re arguing on a vague preview summery, so we’re both doing the same thing.

And I’m used to being buried and even then it’s only you and other users. That’s hardly buried.
Well if you are admitting to it, I might as well and we might call it off. I’m actually exausted from debating this subject in other forums. This news has really gotten people flipping tables
With Joy good sir, with Joy. I'm making a monument to our Lord with flipped tables.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
You are arguing from a preview meant for goku too look good. If the preview is the only thing you go by, and not the summaries (which don’t say anything about FP jiren getting overwhelmed, just regular jiren) then no wonder you are getting buried by all these users here
And you’re arguing on a vague preview summery, so we’re both doing the same thing.

And I’m used to being buried and even then it’s only you and other users. That’s hardly buried.
Well if you are admitting to it, I might as well and we might call it off. I’m actually exausted from debating this subject in other forums. This news has really gotten people flipping tables
I’m hardly flipping tables since a) Goku losing was predictable given his win record and b) we don’t know how he even loses outside of Jiren maybe blowing him out of the ring.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Image

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And you’re arguing on a vague preview summery, so we’re both doing the same thing.

And I’m used to being buried and even then it’s only you and other users. That’s hardly buried.
Well if you are admitting to it, I might as well and we might call it off. I’m actually exausted from debating this subject in other forums. This news has really gotten people flipping tables
With Joy good sir, with Joy. I'm making a monument to our Lord with flipped tables.
It should be noted that it never said Freeza beat Jiren.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And you’re arguing on a vague preview summery, so we’re both doing the same thing.

And I’m used to being buried and even then it’s only you and other users. That’s hardly buried.
Well if you are admitting to it, I might as well and we might call it off. I’m actually exausted from debating this subject in other forums. This news has really gotten people flipping tables
I’m hardly flipping tables since a) Goku losing was predictable given his win record and b) we don’t know how he even loses outside of Jiren maybe blowing him out of the ring.
You may not, 99% of the fandom is. Have you seen forums outside of kanenshuu? It’s like hurricane Irma all over again

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:33 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'll wait to watch the episode to see how this plays out. But I do want to Freeza to win this. Freeza winning the Tournament Of Power is only way him coming back to life has any kind of significant payoff.
Except the Dragon Balls goes to the best fighter, nothing about last man standing.
I agree it doesn't literally mean the last man standing, but I'm pretty sure this is how it'll play out in the anime though. Can't see them giving the Dragon Balls to a fighter that has been eliminated while Frieza is still standing.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:The main issues isn't Goku losing but them hyping up UI as this unstoppable thing only for it to seemingly lose when it debuts. If Goku was going to lose then why not just stick to Omen and save the real one when he's going to win a major fight ? what's the point of hyping it up only to show it's not all that much. Now with the 4 other universes Goku is going to have to find something EVEN stronger. UI is just another thing in a long list of potential that modern DB has wasted.
It's not the first time that Dragon Ball tremendously hypes up a form or power-up only for it to not deliver in battle, and it won't be the last.
Cough Ultimate Gohan Cough :lol:

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Late to the party, but these spoilers are DESTROYING social media as we know it.

Goku fanboys are erupting from this revelation.

I'll still say "wait for the episode" tho.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Low Tone G wrote:My prediction based on recent spoilers:

12. The Zenos are happy ho have so much universes back as they want more tournaments in the future.
Image
Last edited by OverHeaven on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Late to the party, but these spoilers are DESTROYING social media as we know it.

Goku fanboys are erupting from this revelation.

I'll still say "wait for the episode" tho.
Yes, it’s always best to wait. Although since we already know goku is out, it won’t calm down people who wanted goku to win

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:43 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Well if you are admitting to it, I might as well and we might call it off. I’m actually exausted from debating this subject in other forums. This news has really gotten people flipping tables
With Joy good sir, with Joy. I'm making a monument to our Lord with flipped tables.
It should be noted that it never said Freeza beat Jiren.
True but with Goku out and Frieza still in how is this really going to end?

Frieza loses and either Jiren killing him, giving Frieza a heroic sacrifice to save the universe, or be Jiren wishs everything undone, which would allow GT to happen but makes the very fact Frieza lasted this long and was even brought on board pointless.

Or is Frieza, DB's most popular villain and the last guy anyone ever expected to ever see again let alone play a prominent role in a future story arcs, going to win.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
With Joy good sir, with Joy. I'm making a monument to our Lord with flipped tables.
It should be noted that it never said Freeza beat Jiren.
True but with Goku out and Frieza still in how is this really going to end?

Frieza loses and either Jiren killing him, giving Frieza a heroic sacrifice to save the universe, or be Jiren wishs everything undone, which would allow GT to happen but makes the very fact Frieza lasted this long and was even brought on board pointless.

Or is Frieza, DB's most popular villain and the last guy anyone ever expected to ever see again let alone play a prominent role in a future story arcs, going to win.
A draw... most likely scenario.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Why are people so shocked at goku losing?

ssj3 accomplished nothing in buu arc
ssg failed vs beerus
ssb has never won anything vs any strong fighter
ssb kk has always failed
ui omen failed
Now MUI fails


Goku now has another standard to try and chase after in jiren. Anyways the guy he's up against is someone who for god knows how long has been unable to be bested by his own GoD with all the hakai hax in the world.

User avatar
cuartas
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by cuartas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:46 pm

So the anime is ending and goku didn't get a single relevant win after 131 episodes, nor even beat vegeta's clone in the filler, he just won against bergamo, the strongest warrior of the weakest universe ever.....
Idk about you but I'm pissed, do toriyama kinda hate goku or what? he gives him the most powerful transformation ever that whis described it as something that can beat anything, yet he loses again....

Idk but an occasional epic win for your main character is harmless you know?

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:46 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Why are people so shocked at goku losing?

ssj3 accomplished nothing in buu arc
ssg failed vs beerus
ssb has never won anything vs any strong fighter
ssb kk has always failed
ui omen failed
Now MUI fails


Goku now has another standard to try and chase after in jiren. Anyways the guy he's up against is someone who for god knows how long has been unable to be bested by his own GoD with all the hakai hax in the world.
Because it’s not within a Mastered Ultra Instinct user’s nature to lose. Especially against a NON-UI user. Whis stated so.

THAT’S why people are outraged.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:47 pm

This arc has left me so half-numb with its weirdness and inconsistencies that I actually don't feel too emotional about the whole "And Goku loses again" thing even though he's my favorite character. I'm saddened, yeah, and disappointed, but I'm not at flipping tables upset or anything and I think that's only because I'm so tired of the ToP. I think I'd actually feel a lot stronger about things if this was the end of the Goku Black arc instead and I'm actually ok with Super ending this month. The only let down I feel somewhat strongly about is seeing Goku unable to deliver on Vegeta's hopes and promise after Vegeta believed in him so much; that's heartbreaking. I mean, maybe they'll still wish everyone back anyway, but...who knows.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
It should be noted that it never said Freeza beat Jiren.
True but with Goku out and Frieza still in how is this really going to end?

Frieza loses and either Jiren killing him, giving Frieza a heroic sacrifice to save the universe, or be Jiren wishs everything undone, which would allow GT to happen but makes the very fact Frieza lasted this long and was even brought on board pointless.

Or is Frieza, DB's most popular villain and the last guy anyone ever expected to ever see again let alone play a prominent role in a future story arcs, going to win.
A draw... most likely scenario.
Ah, had not thought of that. Well either way I win.

A) My old fav Frieza wins.

B) My U11 Team's star player wins

C) They draw.

What ever way the coin lands I win, the tournament was rigged in my favor.
OLKv3 wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
i love it :thumbup:
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply