"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YonedgeHP
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:39 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
IM21 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:I think we can all prepare for episode 130 & 131 to possibly have the lowest ratings of any episode that ever came out of Super. People all over the internet are saying that they are not going to watch the finales anymore. Since they refuse to support Toei any longer after what they did to MUI Goku. And they have a point. I too, will no longer be legally supporting them. They don’t deserve mine either.

Just go to the comment section of Mastar Media’s two latest video releases and you’ll see what i mean. There’s over 5K comments of people who are absolutely freakin pissed at Toriyama for making Goku lose. And they keep coming, in his latest video, Mastar revealed that a lot of fans are totally OUTRAGED. So prepare for perhaps the worst ratings in history for the upcoming episodes.

https://youtu.be/Et4emhsk6y4

https://youtu.be/H32tyU-11IE

yea, i am sure a bunch of youtube commenters will effect the ratings in Japan. LOL

This morons that just bitch all the time and then watch every episode are the worst. Acting all smart just cause they seen the spoilers is really amazing. The show would be 5X more interesting if most of these youtube guys wouldn't know what is going to happen.
I’m sure people in Japan will be pissed aswell. So that argument is invalid. Did you really think that the western fanbase of Dragon Ball was the only one with opinions??
Yes, you don’t have any idea on how DB TV rating or the fanbase is in Japan.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:22 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Hispanic fans take anime seriously as much as soccer (I'm not kidding here). So dont be surprised if there are riots after episode 130 airs or do stuff like burning DB merchandise :roll:
With all due respect: but you said was pretty stupid.
Yeah, that's way too stupid and overblown. Worst that can happen is that a few fans go home disappointed, but I don't think that will be the case because, regardless of the outcome, the fight will surely be great.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:I think we can all prepare for episode 130 & 131 to possibly have the lowest ratings of any episode that ever came out of Super. People all over the internet are saying that they are not going to watch the finales anymore. Since they refuse to support Toei any longer after what they did to MUI Goku. And they have a point. I too, will no longer be legally supporting them. They don’t deserve mine either.

Just go to the comment section of Mastar Media’s two latest video releases and you’ll see what i mean. There’s over 5K comments of people who are absolutely freakin pissed at Toriyama for making Goku lose. And they keep coming, in his latest video, Mastar revealed that a lot of fans are totally OUTRAGED. So prepare for perhaps the worst ratings in history for the upcoming episodes.

https://youtu.be/Et4emhsk6y4

https://youtu.be/H32tyU-11IE
You honestly believe this? Well... I’m dissapointed in you

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Hispanic fans take anime seriously as much as soccer (I'm not kidding here). So dont be surprised if there are riots after episode 130 airs or do stuff like burning DB merchandise :roll:
With all due respect: but what you said was pretty stupid.
You guys cried and threatened Scolari and the players after Germany curbstomped you as badly as Toppo did to Freeza.

Anime is like religion in Mexico.

I hope Nakamura was serious when he said the ending of DBS will be good.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 pm

So, against my better judgement, I decided to go ahead and take a look at the spoilers for episodes 130 and 131. Judging from what I’ve read, I’m getting the impression that Super is going to end on a cliffhanger that will be explored either in the upcoming movie, or in yet another television series. I can’t say I’m crazy about either of those prospects.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:09 pm

WittyUsername wrote:So, against my better judgement, I decided to go ahead and take a look at the spoilers for episodes 130 and 131. Judging from what I’ve read, I’m getting the impression that Super is going to end on a cliffhanger that will be explored either in the upcoming movie, or in yet another television series. I can’t say I’m crazy about either of those prospects.
It’s not going to end in a cliff hanger, that’s for sure. Other wise there wouldn’t be a “miraculous conclusion”.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:So, against my better judgement, I decided to go ahead and take a look at the spoilers for episodes 130 and 131. Judging from what I’ve read, I’m getting the impression that Super is going to end on a cliffhanger that will be explored either in the upcoming movie, or in yet another television series. I can’t say I’m crazy about either of those prospects.
It’s not going to end in a cliff hanger, that’s for sure. Other wise there wouldn’t be a “miraculous conclusion”.

I think people may misunderstand what others mean when they say "cliffhanger". The TOP will definitely come to its conclusion by 131, but there might be some twist occurring at the very end that leave things open.

I guess that interview really got people hoping again, that I'm also one o those who believe that that thing at the very end we're supposed to stick around for will be related to the upcoming movie.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:05 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
IM21 wrote:
yea, i am sure a bunch of youtube commenters will effect the ratings in Japan. LOL

This morons that just bitch all the time and then watch every episode are the worst. Acting all smart just cause they seen the spoilers is really amazing. The show would be 5X more interesting if most of these youtube guys wouldn't know what is going to happen.
I’m sure people in Japan will be pissed aswell. So that argument is invalid. Did you really think that the western fanbase of Dragon Ball was the only one with opinions??
People from Japanese and Western audiences make harsh criticism due to its poor animation style compared to the previous four episodes. Dragon Ball Kai and Resurrection 'F' producer Norihiro Hayashida felt that the criticism was overblown. He said that people were criticizing the entire series based on a few bad sequences that were done by new animators. He went on to explain a quality decline in the anime industry that he believes is the result of studios cutting time given for post-production and not allowing for reviews of the final product. Toei Animation improved the animation for episode five's Blu-ray and DVD releaese

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super

I can fell after episode 130 Japanese , Western especially Mexico will make more harsh criticism to Toei and Toriyama than before

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm

perucho1990 wrote:You guys cried and threatened Scolari and the players after Germany curbstomped you as badly as Toppo did to Freeza. Anime is like religion in Mexico.
Every nation would regret a 7-1 loss in a World Cup semi-final playing at home, man. We still are the most successful team in the competition, yet.

Also you cannot be serious in comparing football to anime. Both are two different things, anime may be religion for young adults, but it's far from having the same importance and attention football has.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Gohan123 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: I’m sure people in Japan will be pissed aswell. So that argument is invalid. Did you really think that the western fanbase of Dragon Ball was the only one with opinions??
People from Japanese and Western audiences make harsh criticism due to its poor animation style compared to the previous four episodes. Dragon Ball Kai and Resurrection 'F' producer Norihiro Hayashida felt that the criticism was overblown. He said that people were criticizing the entire series based on a few bad sequences that were done by new animators. He went on to explain a quality decline in the anime industry that he believes is the result of studios cutting time given for post-production and not allowing for reviews of the final product. Toei Animation improved the animation for episode five's Blu-ray and DVD releaese

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super

I can fell after episode 130 Japanese , Western especially Mexico will make more harsh criticism to Toei and Toriyama than before
That interview with Hayashida throwing newbie animators under the bus has been dis-credited by a moderator on this forum.
There is also the fact that Hayashida actually had really no involvement on Super to comment on that sort of thing.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 pm

1. Freeza kills Jiren, gets DQ'd Goku gets the wish and revives everyone

2. Jiren and Frieza tie, jiren gets the wish but gives up his own wish to bring everyone else back

3. Freeza eliminates Jiren, gets sent back to hell before he can make wish cause his GF took up his time and Goku uses wish to revive everyone

4. Freeza successfully makes his wish (whatever it is)

Which would be the best ending for you

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:1. Freeza kills Jiren, gets DQ'd Goku gets the wish and revives everyone

2. Jiren and Frieza tie, jiren gets the wish but gives up his own wish to bring everyone else back

3. Freeza eliminates Jiren, gets sent back to hell before he can make wish cause his GF took up his time and Goku uses wish to revive everyone

#4 cause every other one you suggest ends with the same wish, just achieved in a different manner. Not that it shouldn't happen but I want more than just the predictable "dead universes get revived".

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:1. Freeza kills Jiren, gets DQ'd Goku gets the wish and revives everyone

Frieza wishes for Goku to wake up. Goku does, realizing all of Super was a big dream and today is the day of the tournament where he will finally meet Uub.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:11 pm

ToshioWrites wrote: 3. Freeza eliminates Jiren, gets sent back to hell before he can make wish cause his GF took up his time and Goku uses wish to revive everyone
Who is Freeza's girlfriend? Goku?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Here Japanese reaction about Dragon Ball Super episode 130 in Mexico

http://hayabusa3.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/m ... 520654440/

http://yurukuyaru.com/archives/75261690.html

I tried use Google Translate but it was hard to read .

Can someone translate ?

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Frieza wishes for Goku to wake up. Goku does, realizing all of Super was a big dream and today is the day of the tournament where he will finally meet Uub.
Some serious actually try to make the viewer feel a little emotionally involved so that he actually feels tension and stuff, by telling him "None of this rooting for anybody, being thrilled about anything, etc. mattered at all in-universe" you usually piss them off. One of the reasons, people hated the ending of the Future Trunks arc. This, of course, would be even worse.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I won't be too surprised if Frieza manages to squander his chance at victory yet again in his infinite butthurt. Last time we saw him in 12...7, (I think?), he was spewing fire and venom at Jiren because of the injuries he'd sustained. 'To hell with the rules! You deserve to be killed by me!' or something to that effect. At that point Jiren had just tagged him with a stray ki blast. How composed do you think he's going to be now that Jiren has played pinball with him directly?
This is one of the most prominent reasons I have zero belief that Freeza will "win" the tournament because of his own efforts. I see no chance of Freeza regaining his composure, keeping hidden, and thinking "All I have to do is wait until that monkey has him sufficiently weaked." If he indeed regains consciousness, I feel confident that he'd fly off the handle and try to murder Jiren, almost certainly to no avail. The only possible way I can see Freeza lasting to the end at this point is either to remain unconscious (which the spoilers have effectively ruled out) or to regain consciousness and attack Jiren with mere seconds (at most) remaining in the tournament, perhaps preventing Jiren from being able to demolish him before the pillar falls at last.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Black Hawk wrote:This is one of the most prominent reasons I have zero belief that Freeza will "win" the tournament because of his own efforts. I see no chance of Freeza regaining his composure, keeping hidden, and thinking "All I have to do is wait until that monkey has him sufficiently weaked." If he indeed regains consciousness, I feel confident that he'd fly off the handle and try to murder Jiren, almost certainly to no avail. The only possible way I can see Freeza lasting to the end at this point is either to remain unconscious (which the spoilers have effectively ruled out) or to regain consciousness and attack Jiren with mere seconds (at most) remaining in the tournament, perhaps preventing Jiren from being able to demolish him before the pillar falls at last.
A True Golden Freeza Deathbeam would be pretty weak vs. Jiren, but a common Ray Gun should be pretty weak, vs. SSB Goku. If Jiren truly believes to be the last player left, he could drop his guard completely. I'm not saying this is a good solution, but I don't think it's less believable than what RoF did to Goku, so I wouldn't rule out, that they do this again.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:07 pm

If anyone ACTUALLY believes that the final two episodes of Super will have the lowest ratings in history, then I’m at a loss for words.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 pm

MajinMan wrote:If anyone ACTUALLY believes that the final two episodes of Super will have the lowest ratings in history, then I’m at a loss for words.
Who ever said that?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.