"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:The next movie doesn't have to do anything you want as a fan of Vegeta. It's what Toriyama wants.
Does this apply to Goku fans as well? Will you be OK with Goku losing to the main villain a 6th time in a row ? :lol:
Except that sure didn't stop Vegeta fans from still complaining after the writers gave Vegeta a win over Toppo

You even had Vegeta fans insulting Toshio over Twitter and that was disgusting unacceptable behavior. Vegeta fans ahave proven to be far worse. You can't compare the situations at all

You assume that it's only Goku fans disappointed in what appears to be the ending spoilers

There are many reasons to be disappointed in that event without having to be a Goku fan

- All the build up to a new form only for it to still lose

- Jiren the bland character getting the win after havinbg revealed his "full power" again and again

- Maybe some people just want to see Goku get the win without being Goku fanboys

Here's a thought. Maybe some Vegeta fans even want to see Goku beat Jiren and uphold Vegeta's trust in Goku - and his promises

But there's a very real change the ending spoilers are red hearings to mislead so that we will be even more surprised when what happens, happens: )
Lmao, look who's talking. Didn't you see the TONS of comments of [spoiler]disappointed Goku fans who saw the spoilers and were whining like crazy? One of them even commented on in this thread.[/spoiler]

Please, just don't have double standards.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Except that sure didn't stop Vegeta fans from still complaining after the writers gave Vegeta a win over Toppo

You even had Vegeta fans insulting Toshio over Twitter and that was disgusting unacceptable behavior.

You assume that it's only Goku fans disappointed in what appears to be the ending spoilers.
Exactly, we complain enough for the entire fanbase so you Goku fans need to balance it out with positivity. :lol:

I still can't believe they did that.

I ranted enough on it so for the time being I'm going to wait and see what happens as there's a chance it won't be as bad as we think it will. Goku without a doubt needs a big win now so whatever they do it'll need to be pretty good to take that away from him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Husig wrote:Regarding the upcoming movie, where they talk about an old enemy.

What would happen if they wish to bring back all the universes destroyed by zeno's? Afaik the future trunks universe was also destroyed by zeno, so could the enemy be [spoiler]zamasu?[/spoiler]

Ps: sorry for my bad english :?
Not quite old enemy, exact quote; "...and leading to a mighty foe saved for the occasion" either someone mentioned prior that hadn't appeared (like Zalama) or someone will be teased in DBS #130/1.

Given we know the ending of DBS 1.0 involves the Super DB's so Zalama looks the best bet.
I don't know....I think those ending spoilers are massive red herrings: )

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 am

I think you're somewhat overstating "Vegeta's trust in Goku", and particularly by putting your own spin on it by phrasing it as "Vegeta realizing only Goku can beat Jiren". It's not really what happened. Vegeta just had to trust Goku, because there's no other choice. Either he prevails, or they all disappear. There was no admission of inferiority in it though. I know you enjoy a Vegeta that "knows his place", but you're mixing your own wishful interpretation with what's factually occurring. Vegeta did trust in Goku but that was because a) he knew Goku had UI and could probably reach it again b) Goku was seemingly the only one remaining, well DUH

Just throwing this out there

To be fair though, we might get some comments from Vegeta this week, and he might even admit inferiority again for all we know. We'll just have to wait and see :wink:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 am

Mercenary wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Does this apply to Goku fans as well? Will you be OK with Goku losing to the main villain a 6th time in a row ? :lol:
Except that sure didn't stop Vegeta fans from still complaining after the writers gave Vegeta a win over Toppo

You even had Vegeta fans insulting Toshio over Twitter and that was disgusting unacceptable behavior. Vegeta fans ahave proven to be far worse. You can't compare the situations at all

You assume that it's only Goku fans disappointed in what appears to be the ending spoilers

There are many reasons to be disappointed in that event without having to be a Goku fan

- Jiren the bland character getting the win after havinbg revealed his "full power" again and again

- Maybe some people just want to see Goku get the win without being Goku fanboys

Here's a thought. Maybe some Vegeta fans even want to see Goku beat Jiren and uphold Vegeta's trust in Goku - and his promises

But there's a very real change the ending spoilers are red hearings to mislead so that we will be even more surprised when what happens, happens: )
Lmao, look who's talking. Didn't you see the TONS of comments of [spoiler]disappointed Goku fans who saw the spoilers and were whining like crazy? One of them even commented on in this thread.[/spoiler]

Goku fans have a right to be disappointed in that event. All that hype for a new form only to still lose. Imagine if when Goku went SS on Namek he still lost to Frieza. That's the same situation with MUI Goku right now

Vegeta fans actually insulted Toshio just because he was eliminated (even after Vegeta beat Toppo) Nothing excuses that. And you can never compare that to fans who are simply disappointed if Goku does lose.

I've never seen Goku fans in mass ever attacking a writer

Also remember, after the ending spoilers came out, you bumped my thread just to mock me about Goku getting eliminated. Of course a Vegeta fan would do such a thing. If the ending spoilers actually were to mislead and Goku pulls off the epic surprise victory, then I will re-bump my thread for you now: )

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Except that sure didn't stop Vegeta fans from still complaining after the writers gave Vegeta a win over Toppo

Goku fans have a right to be disappointed in that event. All that hype for a new form only to still lose. Imagine if when Goku went SS on Namek he still lost to Frieza. That's the same situation with MUI Goku right now

Vegeta fans actually insulted Toshio just because he was eliminated (even after Vegeta beat Toppo) Nothing excuses that. And you can never compare that to fans who are simply disappointed if Goku does lose.

Also remember, after the ending spoilers came out, you bumped my thread just to mock me about Goku getting eliminated. Of course a Vegeta fan would do such a thing. If the ending spoilers were to mislead and Goku pulls off the epic surprise victory, then I will re-bump my thread for you now: )
You were the one who created a topic mocking Vegeta, so you have no right to play victim now.

And as for Goku beating Jiren - as you've said earlier, Toriyama is the one to make a decision, not the fans :wink:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 am

Mercenary wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Also remember, after the ending spoilers came out, you bumped my thread just to mock me about Goku getting eliminated. Of course a Vegeta fan would do such a thing. If the ending spoilers were to mislead and Goku pulls off the epic surprise victory, then I will re-bump my thread for you now: )
You were the one who created a topic mocking Vegeta, so you have no right to play victim now.

And as for Goku beating Jiren - as you've said earlier, Toriyama is the one to make a decision, not the fans :wink:
Just like how it's not your call for Vegeta to be a force in the movie

You said how Vegeta "deserves" equal spotlight to Goku, that its just as much his show, and that's not the case - because the Dragan Ball franchise is and always has been about Goku

That's what this is about.

But yeah no. I've never done that. What thread was it? Provide the link please.

Or are you talking about posts? Thats just been you taking everything as an "attack" against Vegeta then.

"Vegeta is great in his own right but Goku is the ultimate prodidgy"

You are not the victim here. And the fact you continually try to paint Goku fans as the bad ones when Vegeta fans attacked a writer on twitter, shows an agenda

Again you bumped my thread just to mock me about Goku appearing to get "eliminated"....That says everything about your character and nothing more needs to be said

When Vegeta was eliminated I never mocked you

So if/when Goku pulls off the epic surprise victory I'm now bumping that thread for you: )

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:There Toei reaction Dragon Ball Super episode 130 to Mexico

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToeiAnimatio ... 3503399937

Kind of puts a small damper on the whole thing hype-wise, but I understand the reaction. I have no idea of the scale of this event, but I suppose Toei should still have a say when it comes to such things. God forbid something happened during one of these screenings and then Toei/DB would automatically be associated with it.
What I don't understand, however, is this "legal platform" statement. Isn't DBS available on Crunchyroll/Daisuki worldwide? Why would they assume they'd use a non-official source for it?
Because people at the event could be illegally recording and then illegal upload

Plus to the peoples or estabmishments screening, it's them being able to broadcast to as many people as possible with no fees or compensation to Toei

For example when a bar pays to broadcast a UFC PPV, that one bar site could pay a licensing fee of..let's say 5k or 10k...and that covers every one who would be coming to watch in that bar...plus for every person that comes to the bar, they will likely spend money at the bar etc. The bar can still cover costs and attract more people. UFC still gets a compensation fee despite losing out on lots of individual sales. The bars will pay UFC a lot more for that right

Toei should work out a deal with all the major places screening 130

Have them pay a fee for rights to broadcast.

Use opportunity to also promote and gain more exposure. Makes Toei look good and they still see money out of it.

It's better then to completely shut it down and get nothing out of it but bad press for shutting down a huge organized event(S)
Yeah, it makes sense. I thought since these were free and public spaces mostly, they'd wouldn't have to worry about fees and such.

I was happy for the fans that wanted this to happen , and happy to see that there is still so much hype surrounding DB, but I'd rather not have this end in a legal dispute.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 am

ZenkaiBoosts, your posts are consistently antagonistic and derailing. As you already have multiple strikes lodged against your account, I would recommend reviewing the community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration. It would be a shame if, through your own actions and poor behavior, you were unable to continue enjoying the community and contributing your opinions as the series comes to a close.

These absurd "fanboy" callouts end here and now, and this thread returns to its intended purpose.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am

It seems as if the manga is going to continue after the ToP to tell new stories which will be adapted into a new anime in the upcoming years.

And wow, that key visual of the new movie, that's the best Goku I have seen in years.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am

The manga will adapt the movie after the ToP.

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 am

Goku's new design is fantastic.No more Yamamuro lol.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

What would happen if they wish to bring back all the universes destroyed by zeno's? Afaik the future trunks universe was also destroyed by zeno, so could the enemy be [spoiler]zamasu?[/spoiler]

Not quite old enemy, exact quote; "...and leading to a mighty foe saved for the occasion" either someone mentioned prior that hadn't appeared (like Zalama) or someone will be teased in DBS #130/1.

Given we know the ending of DBS 1.0 involves the Super DB's so Zalama looks the best bet.
That or it's a foe Toriyama has been keeping under his hat until the right time to use them. Zalama would be interesting if only to see them, but people might accuse Toriyama of ripping off the Shadow Dragons. :lol:

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 am

Goku's new design looks absolutely amazing, reminds me so much of him from the Namek saga. The new design makes him look younger and bulkier at the cost of his muscles being less defined. Not to mention his face looks kinda small. Nonetheless, this is the best Goku has looked ever since the Namek arc and this has got me excited, especially seeing him with his power pole. :D :lol: :D

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 am

I have a feeling this film will be very unorthodox the way I felt Battle of Gods was and still is. The way Toriyama spoke about it seems like interactions and relationships will play a big role on how the story flows instead of action. Although, there is no doubt in my mind there will be more action than BOG based on its art direction and Toriyama talking about a strong foe. Seems like the characters will still fight someone that will give them trouble that isn't an angel or GoD (possibly). Very excited to see more. Hope Sumitomo (if he's on it) goes in on the score. Also, since it was stated the Super manga will continue, it may have two chapters or one chapter that deals with the movie before it releases or maybe a story that happens before or after it. Who knows. Again, exciting stuff.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 am

Legion wrote:The manga will adapt the movie after the ToP.
It'll either adapt the movie differently like what it did with the Black arc and the current one or skip it and do its own thing that the anime may or may not follow.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am

I'm pretty sure what Toyotaro and Toriyama meant in their statements was that the manga will adapt the movie in its own unique way after it finishes up the ToP.
I'm sure when DB comes back to TV it'll probably be like Super is now in that Toriyama will write and outline and Toyotaro and Toei do their own things with it instead of the anime being based on the manga.
I'm guessing there will be a gap of 3 & a half to 6 & a half months from when the movie hits and the anime comes back, but due to the manga's pacing and monthly format that probably won't see any breaks going from ToP to movie to what ever comes next. It'll be interesting to see if the manga starts what ever comes after the movie before the anime starts back up again.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm

So, is Toyotaro confirming that the manga will continue with this tweet?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:So, is Toyotaro confirming that the manga will continue with this tweet?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yes, the manga is going to continue. Toriyama also seems to imply that Toyo will do his own version of the movie in the manga as well.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:39 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I don't know....I think those ending spoilers are massive red herrings: )
This is just ridiculous. So you’re just picking and choosing what you want to believe? The spoilers have had problems in the past not being very accurate, but Goku getting ringed out is in no way is something that some could mess up....