"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
I'm really not gonna be surprised if 17 also turns out to be alive somehow as the surprise 'miracle.' Partly because we already saw Vegeta survive an explosive attack and partly because he's the only person who's 'died' during the tournament and it neatly dodges the question of how to wish back someone who died in the World of Void. Goten and Trunks don't stay on the island so he's coming back one way or another. :P
I've been predicting 17 is alive this whole time too. It seems kinda likely considering how Zeno didnt touch his button (the only fighter not to have that happen)
Sure, he's hanging out with Hit in his pocket dimension :lol:
Get Fucked, C_unt

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 am

Jiren arbitrarily outputs whatever percentage of his power he's feeling inclined to use at the moment. Freeza was capable of projecting less than half of a percent of his total power in his first form while in his final he was shifting anywhere between over 2% to half, to 75% and then finally 100%. Jiren may not have been using the lion's share against UI Goku beforehand and against blue/Kaioken I'm skeptical if he even used a whole percentage point's worth. Now with MUI he'll likely be forced to use his full power for the first time in what may be a long time. I can't see how any past enemies would pose enough of a threat to warrant him going all out unless he decided to fight Belmod or something.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:09 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Also, holy crap. In episode 131 only 30 seconds will remain. That's huge news..or at least that's the first I've heard about the time.
What time is 30 seconds converted into Namek Freeza 5 minutes?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

Lionel wrote:Jiren arbitrarily outputs whatever percentage of his power he's feeling inclined to use at the moment. Freeza was capable of projecting less than half of a percent of his total power in his first form while in his final he was shifting anywhere between over 2% to half, to 75% and then finally 100%. Jiren may not have been using the lion's share against UI Goku beforehand and against blue/Kaioken I'm skeptical if he even used a whole percentage point's worth. Now with MUI he'll likely be forced to use his full power for the first time in what may be a long time. I can't see how any past enemies would pose enough of a threat to warrant him going all out unless he decided to fight Belmod or something.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t use his full power against his God of Destruction. If i were discussing this a couple weeks ago, I would have argued that jiren was barely above belmod, seems like I was terribly wrong.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 am

Daishinkan said 17 died, if 17 somehow survives it will make him look like a total moron.

And the 2nd batch of spoilers pretty much told us Jiren is getting erased next week. Freeza win is pretty much sealed.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:31 am

perucho1990 wrote:Daishinkan said 17 died, if 17 somehow survives it will make him look like a total moron.

And the 2nd batch of spoilers pretty much told us Jiren is getting erased next week. Freeza win is pretty much sealed.
Not really. The batch tells us that freeza is still there. Jiren getting erased with his universe is unlikely. It’s mostlikely going to be a tie.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 am

Lets say U7 vs U11 ends up in a tie, then who will get the wish? No one? Or sudden death?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 am

perucho1990 wrote:Lets say U7 vs U11 ends up in a tie, then who will get the wish? No one? Or sudden death?
“The best fighter” according the grand priest.
I’m guessing that was added there just Incase this happens. Although in my opinion, the best fighter is dead :lol:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 am

perucho1990 wrote:Daishinkan said 17 died, if 17 somehow survives it will make him look like a total moron.

No, he said we can "assume" 17 killed himself which leaves a little doubt on the matter (and he erroneously assumed Goku died when the Spirit Bomb hit him), and they already look like morons because Frieza's icon on the God Pad should still be lit up but the camera zooms in close so you can't see it like Zeno couldn't also see it just because it's out of the audience's field of view.

As for Frieza, good luck to him getting that wish without getting erased. He wants to use it to control the gods but what god is A) going to attempt to overthrow Zeno when they were screeching at Goku like a troupe of angry baboons for using the wrong tone of voice at him, and B) going to willingly submit themselves to Frieza's control? Plus Goku assuring his friends that he or Vegeta would kill Frieza if he did anything evil and Frieza still needing Goku to wish him back to life. Victory is a very perilous path forward for him.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote: Sure, he's hanging out with Hit in his pocket dimension :lol:
I mean his "sacrifice" felt so lackluster that I think it was on purpose and he might be alive. idk its just a crack theory but who knows.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:09 pm

ernesth100 wrote:
Majin Jator wrote:Seems likely the series will end with Freeza's wish, and that it would be resolved in the movie. Maybe he wishes to have managed to extinguish all the Saiyans back in the day, or travels to the past to have another shot at it? It should be something that Goku can avert or revert somehow with Whiz's help.

So, if DB comes back as a TV show at some point. Will the new series start with a retelling? If it's a continuation of Super, I don't see how can that be avoided. :roll:
I think that's why Toriyama barely canonizes the films. As they'd have to be seen by all the show watchers to not leave out key points.

And as for Jiren. How many times is he going to put forth his "Full Power". Like come on man, Goku's here transcending his limits and running on Vegeta's last bit of energy to power UI. And then you got Jiren getting beat down by Goku at the end of 129. Honestly if it's nearly impossible for Jiren to touch Goku in the omen. He shouldn't even be able to phase it mastered. And he's sent a "full power blast at Goku" which Goku calmly Hakai'd. Now if Goku could do that with minimal effort why is Jiren still trouble? But...hey f*** it.
Never once was it stated Jiren released his full power. In ep 123 he released a bit of his normal power, then in ep 127 he released more power which he used to casually dominate Goku, Vegeta n 17. With that power he was able to get the upper hand on UI Omen Goku in ep 129, till Goku mastered UI and got the upper hand over Jiren. So, Jiren has yet to show his full power. All he did was show glimpses of his power.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Sure, he's hanging out with Hit in his pocket dimension :lol:
I mean his "sacrifice" felt so lackluster that I think it was on purpose and he might be alive. idk its just a crack theory but who knows.
I agree. Most of the evidence for the Hit theory was hair-splitting but his lackluster sacrifice was, is the reason the theory had any decent weight to it.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Yes he will look like a moron , even more than everybody ignoring that freeza is still there.
Will be great imo because I really liked mvp 17 and also some unspoiled thing will be great , but that is very unclear and may be nonsense. 17 no ki fact helps and may be Jiren and freeza standing tie and 17 breaking the balance will help .. but again , that’s way unlikely to happen. I just like unexpected things to happen , and the fact that Goku seems to don’t get the big win already gave me something about it , because after 128 episode I was convinced I knew the end and ..no, I didn’t
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

RyoCoola

Post by RyoCoola » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Goku and Frieza are winning. Spoilers read like part of a summary early with "but" being that Goku survives his fall. ....later or shortly after Goku and Jiren face off one last time. Times runs out, but they still want to fight. Frieza reappears with the beam "I am still here"...universe 7 wins by numbers.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:42 pm

So after jiren eliminates goku, if freeza does win, how will he get his wish when he needs the gods to translate for him? This just means that freeza won’t get his wish. Probably jiren? Who knows

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Youtubers milking every last drop out of these spoilers even tho they all say the same shit :lol:
Last edited by Nevaeh on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Nevaeh wrote:Youtubers milking every last drop out of these spoilers even tho they all say the same shit :lol:
Desperate now that they are going to run out of dbs content

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 pm

So after jiren eliminates goku, if freeza does win, how will he get his wish when he needs the gods to translate for him? This just means that freeza won’t get his wish.
Exactly. Frieza outright stated that his wish is to dominate the Gods, but the Grand Priest will never allow it. Frieza will be executed for treason if he truly sticks to his original plan. In addition, Shin could use his Mind Reading technique on Frieza to discover his wish and warn the Grand Priest and the King of All in time of Frieza's true agenda.

Either way, Frieza must be stopped. He cannot obtain his wish; if he does, he will have absolute control over the Multiverse, which means that every God (Zen-Oh, Supreme Kais, Destroyers, Angels) will be bound to his will. That is really bad. The Z Fighters and co. fought so hard to stop Zamasu from taking over the Multiverse, and now they're just going to let Frieza succeed where Zamasu failed? They can't be so dumb.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
I know what you meant, I just can't resist milking this joke every chance I have :lol:
Get Fucked, C_unt

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I mean his "sacrifice" felt so lackluster that I think it was on purpose and he might be alive. idk its just a crack theory but who knows.
I'm not committed to the idea one way or the other, but the way his sacrifice was executed reeks of the 'never found the body' trope, so if the writers choose that avenue they've left the door open so it won't be an asspull.

That said, I feel it would be prudent to hold off on premature celebrations until the credits roll on 131 and we see what actually happens. Every arc so far has had very last minute twists and turns in the wrap-up episode.

BoG: Goku's power runs out, then he rallies to stop Beerus' attack, then he passes out again and Beerus is going to destroy the Earth but oops, he 'fell asleep.'

RoF: Vegeta almost wins but Frieza blows up the Earth, Whis rewinds time and Goku kills him.

U6: Hit throws the fight to Monaka, Zeno shows up unexpectedly, and Beerus uses his wish for Champa.

Trunks: Zamasu is an evil cloud that kills everyone! But Zeno kills him and wipes the timeline, but Trunks gets a new timeline and the second Zeno sticks around.

If the pattern holds we'll probably see lots of twists and turns in that last episode.