"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Pannaliciour » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
Grimlock wrote:If they hadn't dragged the fight until the last second, there would be time for that. I won't enjoy the end at all if it does turn out to be rushed and doesn't show anything regarding to the tournament.
The problem isn't the final fight as that's getting what it should (I'd say it should be longer), what dragged everything out was the recuitment episodes (why on earth did they even need them ?) and parts of the actual tournament, especially at the start.
I really enjoyed those parts, I don't understand why people complain about that. We had great fights.

User avatar
prince212
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 791
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: wild west

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:Youtubers milking every last drop out of these spoilers even tho they all say the same shit :lol:
Desperate now that they are going to run out of dbs content
Some of them are gonna start to like manga out of the blue , for sure
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

User avatar
Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:21 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Grimlock wrote:If they hadn't dragged the fight until the last second, there would be time for that. I won't enjoy the end at all if it does turn out to be rushed and doesn't show anything regarding to the tournament.
The problem isn't the final fight as that's getting what it should (I'd say it should be longer), what dragged everything out was the recuitment episodes (why on earth did they even need them ?) and parts of the actual tournament, especially at the start.
I really enjoyed those parts, I don't understand why people complain about that. We had great fights.
And much better buildup. Almost all of the recruitment episodes were awesome.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Personally I think 17 is still in this..

There was still this one part when he was fighting Toppo and he said something along the lines of “I see”.. And it was really out of place with nothing warranted for him to say that. At first I thought he was talking and coordinating with Frieza, but they never did.. Anybody else know what moment I’m talking about?

Surely I can’t be the only one who remembers that moment.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Why do many people use the GodPad button to support the possibility of 17 still being alive is beyond me. Sure 17 might still be alive but Zeno pushing the button is irrelevant. You know what you say implies that Zeno knew about it all along but remained silent and played dumb for some reason? OK nvm he didn't play dumb, he really is "super super super" dumb

In the special, Grand Priest thought that Goku is dead and Zeno was about to press the button even though Goku was alive.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4509
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm

sintzu wrote: The only way I want to see those 2 fight again is at the very end when Toriyama's finished with DB. they should do what online did and have them leave earth to have one final fight but have it shown without showing the actual conclusion.

Yes, that was cool and fitting.

It's evident that they want Vegeta to maintain a small degree of genuine animosity, to help 'spice up' their rivalry or whatever, but it's so overdone at this point it's flavorless. Funny thing is, they haven't had an honest brawl in forever, but they've pushed this rivalry bit so much, that it would still feel unoriginal and forced. It'll take some serious creative spinning to make me look forward to a Vegeta vs. Goku conflict.

I supposed it's too early to speculate on such things, but previous experiences tell me we will at least be getting: Goku vs. Vegeta banter, Vegeta vs. Bulma banter, and Piccolo saving Gohan.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:47 pm

OverHeaven wrote:Why do many people use the GodPad button to support the possibility of 17 still being alive is beyond me. Sure 17 might still be alive but Zeno pushing the button is irrelevant. You know what you say implies that Zeno knew about it all along but remained silent and played dumb for some reason? OK nvm he didn't play dumb, he really is "super super super" dumb

In the special, Grand Priest thought that Goku is dead and Zeno was about to press the button even though Goku was alive.
Thanks to the Hit thing, Terez actually made a chart showing who got the button pressed and who didn't. Multiple fighters didn't, including Hit, 17 and Toppo.

User avatar
Draconic
I Live Here
Posts: 2019
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote: The only way I want to see those 2 fight again is at the very end when Toriyama's finished with DB. they should do what online did and have them leave earth to have one final fight but have it shown without showing the actual conclusion.

Yes, that was cool and fitting.

It's evident that they want Vegeta to maintain a small degree of genuine animosity, to help 'spice up' their rivalry or whatever, but it's so overdone at this point it's flavorless. Funny thing is, they haven't had an honest brawl in forever, but they've pushed this rivalry bit so much, that it would still feel unoriginal and forced. It'll take some serious creative spinning to make me look forward to a Vegeta vs. Goku conflict.

I supposed it's too early to speculate on such things, but previous experiences tell me we will at least be getting: Goku vs. Vegeta banter, Vegeta vs. Bulma banter, and Piccolo saving Gohan.
It would actually be pretty easy to have such a final fight happen and feel geniune, even after their two Z fights. Just have Vegeta be the one who's the strongest at some point, with Goku catching up and after they defeat a villain or something, Goku challenges Vegeta to a brawl.
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:Why do many people use the GodPad button to support the possibility of 17 still being alive is beyond me. Sure 17 might still be alive but Zeno pushing the button is irrelevant. You know what you say implies that Zeno knew about it all along but remained silent and played dumb for some reason? OK nvm he didn't play dumb, he really is "super super super" dumb

In the special, Grand Priest thought that Goku is dead and Zeno was about to press the button even though Goku was alive.
Thanks to the Hit thing, Terez actually made a chart showing who got the button pressed and who didn't. Multiple fighters didn't, including Hit, 17 and Toppo.
Well I definitely didn’t use the Zeno pad as a reason for 17 potentially being alive. Only the fact that he whispered something and we never knew why he said what he said. Initially I thought him and Frieza were coordinating an attack. But that turned out to be false.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4509
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Draconic wrote:
Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote: The only way I want to see those 2 fight again is at the very end when Toriyama's finished with DB. they should do what online did and have them leave earth to have one final fight but have it shown without showing the actual conclusion.

Yes, that was cool and fitting.

It's evident that they want Vegeta to maintain a small degree of genuine animosity, to help 'spice up' their rivalry or whatever, but it's so overdone at this point it's flavorless. Funny thing is, they haven't had an honest brawl in forever, but they've pushed this rivalry bit so much, that it would still feel unoriginal and forced. It'll take some serious creative spinning to make me look forward to a Vegeta vs. Goku conflict.

I supposed it's too early to speculate on such things, but previous experiences tell me we will at least be getting: Goku vs. Vegeta banter, Vegeta vs. Bulma banter, and Piccolo saving Gohan.
It would actually be pretty easy to have such a final fight happen and feel geniune, even after their two Z fights. Just have Vegeta be the one who's the strongest at some point, with Goku catching up and after they defeat a villain or something, Goku challenges Vegeta to a brawl.
Would their fight bring something interesting to the plot? Because it would just feel like shoehorned fan-service otherwise. Again, it all depends on the writing.
Since I assume it'll be saiyan centric, Vegeta and Goku will definitely be front and center.

On another 'please, don't do it' note: please don't try to bring back Bardock or Radditz too....

User avatar
Krillin1994
Regular
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:14 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm

I'd personally find it really cool of the last 30 seconds of the tournament were played out in real time, or maybe half real time. Just over with relatively quickly but non stop incredible action.

Then the rest of the episode dealing with aftermath.


Though I doubt that would happen.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Michsi wrote:Would their fight bring something interesting to the plot ?
If Goku is in his last years and so is Vegeta, who else can they fight ? Although Goku is most of the time ahead of Vegeta, Vegeta is also ahead of everyone else so if these 2 are going to die and they both need one final fight to die happily, a fight between them is the only fight that'll fit that bill.

DB is clearly not ending anytime soon but if Goku is to have one final fight to end all fights, Vegeta is the one and only one he can fight as he'll be the only one keeping up with him at that point.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4039
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 pm

I think many of us, including me, forgot one important thing about the Super Dragon Balls: you don't need to speak the language of the Gods to state the wish, but only to summon the dragon. Zamasu got his wish granted by speaking human language. Beerus spoke in the language of the Gods because he didn't want the others to know his wish.

This means Freeza wishing for something absurd can totally happen. Man, now I'm hyped.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 pm

emperior wrote:I think many of us, including me, forgot one important thing about the Super Dragon Balls: you don't need to speak the language of the Gods to state the wish, but only to summon the dragon. Zamasu got his wish granted by speaking human language. Beerus spoke in the language of the Gods because he didn't want the others to know his wish.

This means Freeza wishing for something absurd can totally happen. Man, now I'm hyped.
I noticed there's something weird about that, because Beerus spoke his wish directly to Shenron but then Whis had to relay it for him before it was granted. :eh:

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
emperior wrote:I think many of us, including me, forgot one important thing about the Super Dragon Balls: you don't need to speak the language of the Gods to state the wish, but only to summon the dragon. Zamasu got his wish granted by speaking human language. Beerus spoke in the language of the Gods because he didn't want the others to know his wish.

This means Freeza wishing for something absurd can totally happen. Man, now I'm hyped.
I noticed there's something weird about that, because Beerus spoke his wish directly to Shenron but then Whis had to relay it for him before it was granted. :eh:
No, you do need the language of the gods to speak to the dragon, that was pretty clear when whis granted beerus wish.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:35 pm

I want Freeza to ask for immortality. I doubt GP would have an issue with that since immortals can still be dealt with via sealing items or Zeno . That way we don’t get the dumb ending of Freeza wish not being translated and him being erased on the spot for trying to Usurp the gods and Goku getting the wish

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Dokkan Battle is getting an update with new cards for Caulfila and Kale. According to this, Kale's 'controlled' form is just Super Saiyan 2.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Dokkan Battle is getting an update with new cards for Caulfila and Kale. According to this, Kale's 'controlled' form is just Super Saiyan 2.
This is her form from 101 it seems, not the one from 114 after she controlled her berserk form

kn83
Banned
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kn83 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Dokkan Battle is getting an update with new cards for Caulfila and Kale. According to this, Kale's 'controlled' form is just Super Saiyan 2.
This is her form from 101 it seems, not the one from 114 after she controlled her berserk form
Speaking of which, do you believe U6 is returning? And if they do, do you think those characters would appear in the 2018 movie?

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 pm

kn83 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Dokkan Battle is getting an update with new cards for Caulfila and Kale. According to this, Kale's 'controlled' form is just Super Saiyan 2.
This is her form from 101 it seems, not the one from 114 after she controlled her berserk form
Speaking of which, do you believe U6 is returning? And if they do, do you think those characters would appear in the 2018 movie?
Most likely, along with universe 11 being spared as well. Both of them are really important to the story. Universe 6 for obvious reasons, and universe 11 do to jiren.

Post Reply