"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:59 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:The spoilers were very clear when they said that Goku fell out of the arena. If he did not fall, then this is going to be a mistake of the synopsis. And if he does not fall, you can imagine that TOEI would not have the courage to eliminate Goku
Goku falling or staying in the arena has NOTHING to do with Toei's courage. It triggers me how they get blamed for everything. Something as important as Goku's placement in the tournament is wirtten by Toryiama. Toei has no power over what he decides.
Sorry, I remembered now that Toriyama wrote the fate of all U7 warriors, so it does not make sense that TOEI has changed that. Anyway, she already made some changes (Trunks face Zamasu and not Goku at the end), and in DBS, the highlight that Goku himself had was simply much more exaggerated than in DBZ, especially in the anime.

After all, in the manga the highlight that Goku received was much more balanced, and in the anime it seemed that it was a must he appear in all episodes and participate in all fights

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:21 am

buutenks wrote:I will miss super. Was looking forward every sunday for the past 2+ years for a super episode and now in 2 weeks that will all go away. Be it how it was, it was a fun.
It'll most likely be back within a year and until then we've got the dub to look forward to. As much as I'll miss Super, it's for the best as it'll give everyone involved time to look back at what worked to improve it and drop what didn't.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am

Xeogran wrote:Thanks to this pic, I have a feeling this ending will be another bizarre wtf-esque thing.
Lets hope so. I love unpredictable endings :D

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:The spoilers were very clear when they said that Goku fell out of the arena. If he did not fall, then this is going to be a mistake of the synopsis. And if he does not fall, you can imagine that TOEI would not have the courage to eliminate Goku
This image could be from the beginning of 131. Goku getting eliminated can still happen

Or the spoilers were a complete troll job :lol:

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am

I hope that picture is from the first part of episode 131. I hate endings that finish the fight during the last 5 minutes and just do a quick narrative of the aftermath events.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:A new preview image for episode 131.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So now the ultimate question remains, are they both IN or OUT!???
Ugh, Toei is a bunch of woosies.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 am

I am so glad that Goku hasn't been eliminated. Freeza fighting together with Goku = Best frenemies forever.
I know it's pretty stupid to think so but I want Freeza and Goku to fuse and beat Jiren (though retarded, it's the fanboy in me blabbering that nonsense) #AllAboardTheHypeTrain. :D :D :D

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

ernesth100 wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yup, blame toei. :roll: :roll: :roll:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm

buutenks wrote:I will miss super. Was looking forward every sunday for the past 2+ years for a super episode and now in 2 weeks that will all go away. Be it how it was, it was a fun.
Calm down, next saturday it's not the last episode, yet.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Khandom101 wrote:I am so glad that Goku hasn't been eliminated. Freeza fighting together with Goku = Best frenemies forever.
I know it's pretty stupid to think so but I want Freeza and Goku to fuse and beat Jiren (though retarded, it's the fanboy in me blabbering that nonsense) #AllAboardTheHypeTrain. :D :D :D

Although ToP arc had many stupid things, the one thing that I absolutely like is these unique team battles. I really hope they do more of these in the future, way better than one VS one fights IMO.

I enjoyed Goku, Vegeta and #17 more than UI Goku vs Jiren tbh.
Frieza working with Gohan and #17 were good moments too.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Khandom101 wrote: I want Freeza and Goku to fuse
Yeah, no thanks.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:46 pm

OverHeaven wrote:
Khandom101 wrote:I am so glad that Goku hasn't been eliminated. Freeza fighting together with Goku = Best frenemies forever.

Although ToP arc had many stupid things, the one thing that I absolutely like is these unique team battles. I really hope they do more of these in the future, way better than one VS one fights IMO.

I enjoyed Goku, Vegeta and #17 more than UI Goku vs Jiren tbh.
Frieza working with Gohan and #17 were good moments too.
Although, I agree with your point on the unique team ups but me personally, I liked the Goku vs jiren fight more (I am a Goku fan so I'm a bit biased). Though, the last episode was bit of a disappointment due to toei's obsession with reusing animations from previous episode's, but the last 3 minutes of the episode gave me enough satisfaction and hype that it completely removed my disappointment. As of now, I'm riding the hype train. :D :lol: :D

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Khandom101 wrote: I want Freeza and Goku to fuse
Yeah, no thanks.
Well, I did say it was pretty fanboish (retarded) of me to think so, but I don't know, who cares. :yawn: :| :yawn:

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 pm

ernesth100 wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Toei has NOTHING to do with IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS such as Goku getting eliminated. Why does everyone find this so difficult to understand?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Freeza and Goku gonna be best frenemies by the end of the series because of that picture. I can see it now, they'll be "slipping hands" with each other and potential rivals forever.
As ugly as that fusion would be, Freezu/Goza would be pretty dope with a SSJB/Golden combo form
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
In before Toriyama/Toei troll everyone again like they with every DBS arc. :lol:
This is why its better waiting for the actual episode before judging everything, because the spoilers already proven to be deceiving countless of times.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:37 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It says the movie will follow a New Design for Goku and the others (courtesy: GovetaXV). This just further increases the level of hype that I'm in right now. If we get the art style as shown in the V-Jump cover ( Super Saiyan Goku), I'm going to explode from excitement (I know, even I cringe from my comments sometimes ). You can see a lot of similarities from the images above, They both are probably drawn by Shintani naohiro. #GettingNamekVibes :D

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm in LOVE with that SS Goku.

Sadly, as usual, the one thing I hate when it comes to movies is waiting for Blu-rays. As it'll be impossible for me to watch it in cinema where I am. And avoiding spoilers for 6 months is impossible.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:48 pm

So Freeza is working with Goku? Meh.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:51 pm

OverHeaven wrote:I'm in LOVE with that SS Goku.

Sadly, as usual, the one thing I hate when it comes to movies is waiting for Blu-rays. As it'll be impossible for me to watch it in cinema where I am. And avoiding spoilers for 6 months is impossible.
Awwww, that's sad. You see, I too am in a similar situation, but I will probably work it out.
Last edited by Khandom101 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.