"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Oracle wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:
RedHeat wrote: What if the new villain becomes a new Z-fighter?
Hey now. We call them Super fighters :p
Isn't U7-fighters?
*Freeza Force.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 am

Cursemark505 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that as a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

I think this would be terrible we would get a Toei movie esque finale (e.g: Goku turning into SSJ on the final moments in order to defeat Cooler)
Goku was never able to use it on his own to begin with & there was never an indication of such.
Having Goku be stronger than a god is stupid. There would literally be no one left to challenge him & no reason for him to grow stronger.
How did Dragon Ball raise so many low ambition gatekeepers? The series that had Goku surpassing gods just as a footnote and had the repeated motif of "there's always a new height"? Now we have a large contingent of fans who treat a certain type of god as somehow more sacrosanct than the others—Goku can't get this strong!—and who can't set their sights to anything beyond, despite already knowing there is something.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:25 am

Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious. I saw one where he's about to make the wish and it just cuts to him on the cruise ship. Forgot where I saw it. It might have even been posted on here.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:21 pm

After rewatching the episode again I wonder what they have planned for Freeza in the future. I doubt they'd make him the main villain for a third time, as that would be redundant. Does make me wonder if he's gonna have a bigger role in the upcoming movie than just showing up in a flashback.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Does make me wonder if he's gonna have a bigger role in the upcoming movie than just showing up in a flashback.
He will be used to hype the new enemy, something like that.

by Doctor.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:46 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:Does make me wonder if he's gonna have a bigger role in the upcoming movie than just showing up in a flashback.
I guess I could see them doing that but I hope they don't. Honestly as much as I like Freeza I'd rather him not show up besides the flashback. Only reason I would really want him to be in the movie is him teaming up with Goku again, but I don't know if they'd do that again so soon.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:After rewatching the episode again I wonder what they have planned for Freeza in the future. I doubt they'd make him the main villain for a third time, as that would be redundant. Does make me wonder if he's gonna have a bigger role in the upcoming movie than just showing up in a flashback.
Maybe it'll be a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kinda scenario, where either he'll forge an alliance with a new enemy, or even Goku in the future. We'll see. All I'm certain of is that GT's not canon.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Scsigs wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:After rewatching the episode again I wonder what they have planned for Freeza in the future. I doubt they'd make him the main villain for a third time, as that would be redundant. Does make me wonder if he's gonna have a bigger role in the upcoming movie than just showing up in a flashback.
Maybe it'll be a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kinda scenario, where either he'll forge an alliance with a new enemy, or even Goku in the future. We'll see. All I'm certain of is that GT's not canon.
Guess that could be interesting but its gonna be a long time before we find out, the wait for this movie is gonna be tough. Speaking of GT I never watched it and was wondering if it's worth a watch or if I'm just better off not bothering with it.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Scsigs wrote:
What GT has to do with anything? He didn't even referenced GT on his previous post, at this point I'm starting to think people like to randomly throw that line to bring up another dull canon debate or just to annoy GT fans.
CriticalThinker wrote: Speaking of GT I never watched it and was wondering if it's worth a watch or if I'm just better off not bothering with it.
It's a series of up and downs, you might like some parts as you might dislike others, It's way below Super, but it's worth watching though.

by Doctor.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 am

CriticalThinker wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Guess that could be interesting but its gonna be a long time before we find out, the wait for this movie is gonna be tough. Speaking of GT I never watched it and was wondering if it's worth a watch or if I'm just better off not bothering with it.
I personally like it... although the initial 15 or so episodes are a bit tough to get through. I enjoy the rest of the series well enough though but it's got its problems. Personally, I like it more than Super. I'd say it's worth giving a try and if you can't enjoy the Baby arc, then drop it.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:11 am

GamerSkull wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious. I saw one where he's about to make the wish and it just cuts to him on the cruise ship. Forgot where I saw it. It might have even been posted on here.
It was something Ajay retweeted: https://twitter.com/purple_wokey/status ... 5462953984 I laughed so hard at the one where it cuts to 17 on his cruise ship. I think it's the way he squints right before it smash cuts to him on his phone on the ship with the music blasting. Fantastic editing!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:23 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
I was hoping he would be more of someone that would play a more chaotic neutral role. He despises Goku, but respects him for his strength and honesty of character, so his desired to avoid conflict with him. However, his still evil, so his still going to be doing evil things and pursuing evil ambitions. I wouldn't be surprised if helped Goku take down the next big universe threatening bad, and then usurp the bad guy in order to gain more power, or better yet, he'll just dump a problem on Goku and Co to solve because its beyond his power.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:55 am

jeffbr92 wrote:What GT has to do with anything? He didn't even referenced GT on his previous post, at this point I'm starting to think people like to randomly throw that line to bring up another dull canon debate or just to annoy GT fans.
I brought it up because it's a true statement. With all of the stuff Super has introduced into the franchise, there's no way GT can be canon anymore, which was the leading thought anyways since Super started. I'm not trying to slight GT fans or bring up any debates, just stating facts.

CriticalThinker, GT has some good ideas, but the execution leaves something to be desired. I mean, at least Goku's characterization wasn't affected by massive flanderization, the series gave us SS4, good animation, & the ending, though mostly unearned, was fine for a send-off to the series, but the series sets up good plots, only to have the endings be forced or anticlimactic. It's most entertaining arc, the Baby Arc, had a good setup to a continual plot for a bit longer of an arc, but it decided to end the arc early, plus have some of the worst, most useless, filler in the entire franchise that served absolutely no purpose whatsoever. I mean, at least Super's filler serves some kind of purpose in the end, or leads to something down the road. Then there's the 3rd arc of the series, which is its shortest & completely rehashes Fusion Reborn with a slight twist. Super has its problems, but I think GT has worse problems.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:02 am

Super ends but Buu is still asleep.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:40 am

omaro34 wrote:Super ends but Buu is still asleep.
https://i.gyazo.com/ce171984ed030b880e6 ... ad5151.jpg

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:47 am

Issei189 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Super ends but Buu is still asleep.
https://i.gyazo.com/ce171984ed030b880e6 ... ad5151.jpg
I know it was a joke lol
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:50 am

Sinestro wrote:I really don’t expect him to acknowledge his mistake.
There was no mistake, you just poorly worded your post. I didn't actually say anything factually incorrect in regards to your post. Maybe it was mocking, but nothing untrue was said in regards to the content of your post.
kinisking wrote:You come of sounding like a pompous idiot because of that.
Explain how? I doubt you'll be able to, since you don't even know why you're outraged, but explain how.

Because you're basically just taking issue with that fact that I mocked supposed "associates", and nothing else. That's on you, not me.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Sinestro wrote:I really don’t expect him to acknowledge his mistake.
There was no mistake, you just poorly worded your post. I didn't actually say anything factually incorrect in regards to your post. Maybe it was mocking, but nothing untrue was said in regards to the content of your post.
kinisking wrote:You come of sounding like a pompous idiot because of that.
Explain how? I doubt you'll be able to, since you don't even know why you're outraged, but explain how.

Because you're basically just taking issue with that fact that I mocked supposed "associates", and nothing else. That's on you, not me.
If anyone badly worded his post it was you because your "but I have 'associates', dude" is so weirdly phrased that it is not even 100% clear that you want to express something along the line of "look, I am now impersonating the above poster and impersonating him I say: 'but I have associates, dude', like that associate's word is the ultimate and irrefutable gospel"

With you not being the original poster or you not adding quotation marks around the whole thing to highlight it more that you are now playing a character, in this case the original poster, this is a seemingly weird message of a guy who suddenly starts talking about his own associates. And as the others implied, uncalled for.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:07 am

You're not discussing but arguing like kids in a kindergarten. Enough already